The headaches of being a matchmaker

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

Honey, I ain't no scholar...but let me tell you...I observe people. It is amazing when I see couples. And they seem to fit so well. I love the way husbands hand plates to their wives, the way they sit and talk or not talk. I am so tickled when my sisters rush home to see their husbands. The husband tells them what time they need to be back home and they run. The joy the married sisters have when they sit and have tea with their husbands and discuss whatever.

:salam2:

Aapa, I wish you would really elaborate some more on the above paragraph and give us more and more observations..

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I will be glad to do this.

Ok...here is a good one. I had to attend a workshop on hajj. It was lunch break. We had ordered and when the food arrived everyone had to stand in line. Great. I am stuck in a line with all men. There are no sisters to be seen. The sisters were waiting for the food to be brought to them by their husbands. I waited at the end of the line. All the water bottles were taken. The husbands took the boxed lunch to their wives. The couples found places to eat in the courtyard. They shared their food and talked to themselves. Some of the sisters were actually swinging their legs as they chatted on a glorious Saturday afternoon. I swear I saw some love birds fluttering around a couple. They were discussing the workshop or the whatevers of the events of the week. Time had come to a standstill for them. It was almost silent in the joy.

So, I garbed a 48 grams of sugar soda and my sandwich...went back to the empty seating hall of the workshop and read a book. Books are great but they do not stop time on a Saturday afternoon when the whole world is filled.

See little sister, the beauty of marriage is that it is a mirror of you. You look at love as it looks back at you.

My sandwich was great. And the brothers were sweet..many asked me if I needed anything not to hesitate to ask.