The Hypocrites of Today

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
The Hypocrites of Today

These are some timely narrations collected by Muhammad Musa Nasr in his book ‘al-Munafiqun’ (p. 95-98). They are all authentic.

1 – Jubayr bin Nufayr said:

“I went to visit Abu ad-Darda’ at his home in Homs, and I found him praying at his mosque. When he sat for the tashahhud, he began seeking refuge with Allah from hypocrisy. When he finished, I went to him and asked: “May Allah Forgive you, Aba ad-Darda’! What do you have to do with hypocrisy?”

He replied: “O Allah, Your Forgiveness! (he said this three times) Nobody who feels safe from tribulation will be safe from it! By Allah, a man can be tested for a single hour and turn back on his religion.”"

2 – ‘Abdullah bin ‘Amr said:

“There will come a time when people will gather in their mosques, and there won’t be a single believer in them.”

3 – al-Hasan said:

“The Hour will not come until each people will be overwhelmed by their hypocrites.”

4 – Hudhayfah said:

“The hypocrites among you today are worse than the hypocrites who lived at the time of the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه و سلم)!”

He was asked: “O Aba ‘Abdillah, how is this so?”

He replied: “They used to hide their hypocrisy. As for the ones today, they display it openly.”

Idris16

These are some timely narrations collected by Muhammad Musa Nasr in his book ‘al-Munafiqun’ (p. 95-98). They are all authentic.​

1Jubayr bin Nufayr said:​

“I went to visit Abu ad-Darda’ at his home in Homs, and I found him praying at his mosque. When he sat for the tashahhud, he began seeking refuge with Allah from hypocrisy. When he finished, I went to him and asked: “May Allah Forgive you, Aba ad-Darda’! What do you have to do with hypocrisy?

He replied: “O Allah, Your Forgiveness! (he said this three times) Nobody who feels safe from tribulation will be safe from it! By Allah, a man can be tested for a single hour and turn back on his religion.”"​

2‘Abdullah bin ‘Amr said:​

“There will come a time when people will gather in their mosques, and there won’t be a single believer in them.”​

3al-Hasan said:​

“The Hour will not come until each people will be overwhelmed by their hypocrites.”​

4Hudhayfah said:​

“The hypocrites among you today are worse than the hypocrites who lived at the time of the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه و سلم)!”​

He was asked: “O Aba ‘Abdillah, how is this so?”​

He replied: “They used to hide their hypocrisy. As for the ones today, they display it openly.”​
http://iskandrani.wordpress.com/2009/10/03/the-hypocrites-of-today/

abu_ameer

This is very scary. Umar (RA) used to fear being a hypocrite himself. How can we feel safe from nifaaq? Allah help us all. Ameen.

Ron-Kid

HasbunAllahu wa ni`mal Wakil '
Its indeed a matter of utmost importance, May ALLAH let us live and die as Muslim . . . Ameen Ya Gafoorul Waddud!