The Jews and their Lies by Martin Luther 1543

capetonian

:salam2:

I recently stumbled upon the fact that the founder of the Protestant Church, Martin Luther wrote a book in 1543 entitled “The Jews and their Lies”. I am aware that this title/issue is addressed in both the Holy Quran and Bible. I was wondering if any of the brothers or sisters has read this book and if so, whether they have any comments about it. Why I am asking, is because I cannot help but think of the most recent and past massacres in Palestine and the lies that have been forthcoming from the Zionists (war crimes denials etc.). I have not obtained a copy of the book yet, but by just looking at the title it seems to be as relevant today as it was back then, your comments please.

:wasalam:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Personally..

I wouldn't read anything by a man who about Rasulullah (saaws) said:

"He is second in wickedness to the pope". (mind you Luther believed the pope was the Antichrist!)

And about the Qura'an he said:

"Mohammed’s Koran is such a great spirit of lies".

And..

"When I have time, I must put it (i.e. The Qura'an) into German so that every man may see what a foul and shameful book it is".

Also..we need to remember that what we criticize the Jews for can be different from that of what Christians criticize them for..where we have solid reasons..they seem to echo grudge and hatred of past generations..so it's best to stick to sources in the light of the Qura'an and the Sunnah..

I must add that..Martin Luther *ripped* at the concept of Monotheism in Islam and the rejection of the divinity of Prophet Isa (as)..he made claims which have no basis in TRUTH or REALITY about Rasulullah and Islam..if he dares to make *faulty allegations*
..then he's going on to criticizing the Jews..obviously he will bring Muslims into it..and if one were shameless enough to lie once not just as an ordinary man..but specifically as "a man of God"..then trust that the person will do it time and time again with much bigotry and sophism..

That's why..I think you should think about picking up the book for reading..but that remains an opinion and kind suggestion of mine :)

capetonian

To a_muslimah86: Thank you for the excellent information which you have provided. I will indeed heed your advice and not bother to obtain a copy of the book. I was unaware of the abovementioned facts which you have mentioned and am extremely happy that I am able gain more insight and information from well informed persons such as yourself on TTI. Keep up the good work.
:jazaak:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Sounds like Luther was a true Antisemite; he hated both the Jews and the Arabs!

Funny that a man of hate would establish a religion that started out with the teaching, "Love your enemy and bless those who curse you."

I was about to say that...really weird...I pity my christian relative for following blindly someone who was shooting his own foot.

Rashadi

I recently stumbled upon the fact that the founder of the Protestant Church, Martin Luther wrote a book in 1543 entitled “The Jews and their Lies”. I am aware that this title/issue is addressed in both the Holy Quran and Bible. I was wondering if any of the brothers or sisters has read this book and if so, whether they have any comments about it. Why I am asking, is because I cannot help but think of the most recent and past massacres in Palestine and the lies that have been forthcoming from the Zionists (war crimes denials etc.). I have not obtained a copy of the book yet, but by just looking at the title it seems to be as relevant today as it was back then, your comments please.

What Martin Luther did was totally unacceptable and what the Christians did to Jews for almost 2,000 years is totally wrong. In Islam it is forbidden to kill a mass population or to kill anyone on account of religion or ethnicity. I personally wouldn't even bother reading these hate books. Despite nearly 2,000 years of Christians persecuting Jews, somehow it is Muslims who have become anti-Jewish or anti-Semitic lol. It's absurd to even think about it.

Rashadi

Sounds like Luther was a true Antisemite; he hated both the Jews and the Arabs!

Funny that a man of hate would establish a religion that started out with the teaching, "Love your enemy and bless those who curse you."

LOL isn't it something or just like the whole idea of Christianity being love and peace yet the foundation of the religion is that all humans are born evil as infants and are going to hell, and that the only way to remove one's self from the hell fire is to accept the brutal torture and murder of an innocent man. Yukk, it;s disgusting when I think back about us sitting in church as children and there is a huge crucifict of a nude man with blood all over and thorns on the head. These are children watching it. It's crazy to say a religion is based on love when the foundation of it is the murder of an innocent man. Furthermore, history tells us that it was those who called themselves "Christians" who have killed more innocent people than all other religions combined and that people had to be killed, forced to convert or deceived wherever the religion went. Yet Islam is bad? have these ppl ever studied real history? and I don't mean CNN, or books written by their "experts" on Islam nor what their aunty or grandma told them but actual history as told by real historians and scholars? I highly doubt it, in fact I know they haven't.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
You have got relatives from a number of religions....Just a thought Brother...No offense

No offense to me...as a revert I do have blood relatives..my my maternal and paternal uncles and aunties and their children many of them are still kaffir until present day. Some of them are christian and hindu.