** THE MISCONCEPTIONS THREAD **(about Islam/Quran etc..)

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Do Muslims Worship the Prophet Muhammad?

One common misconception that is thrown against Muslims is that we worship the prophet Muhammad. This however is not true, and has no basis, and is not taught by Islam.

Muslims love the prophet Muhammad, respect, and honor him. Yet this does not amount to worship, shall we say that just because we love our family and will defend their rights and honor means that we worship them?

The prophet Muhammad taught the Muslims to not over-praise him:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 654:

Narrated 'Umar:

I heard the Prophet saying, "Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians praised the son of Mary, for I am only a Slave. So, call me the Slave of Allah and His Apostle."

Here the prophet Muhammad explicitly teaches the Muslims to not over-praise him, and he gets very specific by what he means, he says that we should not over praise him as the Christians do with Jesus. As we all know many Christians worship and revere Jesus, they believe he is God, and that he is the one in whom their salvation lies.

This narration of the prophet Muhammad would be enough to end the false claim that Muslims worship Muhammad, and are taught to.

We read another narration this time from the Caliph Abu Bakr, before quoting the narration it must be known that Abu Bakr was the prophet Muhammad's right hand man, he became the leader of the Muslim nation after the prophet's death. Logically if Muslims worship Muhammad then we would find that his right hand man, and one of his closest companions to be worshipping him, yet instead we see this:

Whoever amongst you worshipped Muhammad ? Muhammad is dead. But whoever worshipped Allah ? Allah is alive and will never die.

After uttering this statement Abu Bakr then recited the following passage from the Noble Quran:

YUSUFALI: Muhammad is no more than a messenger: many Were the messenger that passed away before him. If he died or were slain, will ye then Turn back on your heels? If any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah; but Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who (serve Him) with gratitude.

Here we have the explicit proof that Muslims don't worship the prophet Muhammad, and on top of this we see we are not taught to worship him, rather we are to worship Allah.

So let us summarize what we have so far:

-The Prophet Muhammad taught us not to over-praise him

-Abu Bakr the prophet's right hand man did not worship the prophet Muhammad, rather he called for the exact opposite

-The Quran teaches us to not worship Muhammad, but to worship Allah

With that said, let us now look at the passages in the Quran that explicitly teach us to worship Allah alone, not worship Allah and Muhammad:

YUSUFALI: "'It is Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a Way that is straight.'"

YUSUFALI: "And the places of worship are for Allah (alone): So invoke not any one along with Allah

YUSUFALI: To Allah do belong the unseen (secrets) of the heavens and the earth, and to Him goeth back every affair (for decision): then worship Him, and put thy trust in Him: and thy Lord is not unmindful of aught that ye do.

YUSUFALI: This is the guidance of Allah: He giveth that guidance to whom He pleaseth, of His worshippers. If they were to join other gods with Him, all that they did would be vain for them.

YUSUFALI: They say: "Allah hath begotten a son" :Glory be to Him.-Nay, to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth: everything renders worship to Him.

YUSUFALI: "Verily, I am Allah: There is no god but I: So serve thou Me (only), and establish regular prayer for celebrating My praise.

YUSUFALI: Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will).

YUSUFALI: Say: "I am but a man like yourselves, (but) the inspiration has come to me, that your Allah is one Allah: whoever expects to meet his Lord, let him work righteousness, and, in the worship of his Lord, admit no one as partner.

Many more verses could be added, but the point is clear, Allah in the Quran teaches us to worship him alone, and to not join any partners with him.

If any Christian wants to persist in claiming we worship the prophet Muhammad, then I set forth these challenges for any Christian:

-Show a single Quranic passage that commands Muslims to worship Muhammad

-Show a single hadith that commands Muslims to worship Muhammad

-Show any companion that worshiped the prophet Muhammad with the consensus of the other companions

And Allah knows best!

:salam2::tti_sister:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
lol, taking a hot sunny break :cool:
i did well today inshallah and Alhamdulelah :)

tommorow ====> English
:(

im off wassalam alikom

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Explanation of Soorah al-Kaafiroon - The Disbelievers

by al-Hâfidh ibn Kathîr rahimahullâh (abridged)

In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

1.Say: "Oh, you who disbelieve!
2.I do not worship that which you worship,
3.Nor do you worship That Which I worship.
4.Nor will I worship that which you have been worshipping,
5.Neither will you worship That Which I worship.
6.To you your religion and to me mine."

It is narrated by Muslim that the Messenger of Allah sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam used to recite this Soorah with Soorah al-Ikhlaas in two rak`ahs following tawaaf of the Ka`bah; it is also narrated by Muslim that he used to recite them in the two rak`ahs of fajr prayer; and Imam Ahmad narrates that the Messenger of Allah sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam used to recite them in the two rak`ahs before fajr prayer and in the two rak`ahs of maghrib prayer.

It has also been narrated that Soorah al-Kaafiroon is equivalent to one quarter of the Qur'aan. The Prophet, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, also said: "Read: Say: ‘Oh, you who disbelieve,’, then sleep at the end of it because it is freedom from shirk (associating partners with Allah)." This Soorah is freedom from shirk and it is an order to purify our faith (for Allah only) and the Words Say: ‘Oh you who disbelieve,’ includes all those who disbelieve in the world although those specifically addressed are the pagans of the Quraish. It was said that they proposed that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, worship their gods for a year, then they would worship That Which he worshipped (Allah) for a year, and so on. And so this Soorah was revealed containing an order tot he Prophet, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam to declare his rejection of all that which they worship, and to say: I do not worship that which you worship, that is, their idols and the partners they associate with Allah.

Nor do you worship That Which I worship, that is, Allah, Alone without partners.

Nor will I worship that which you have been worshipping, neither will you worship That Which I worship, that is, I will not follow your mode of worship and I will worship only Allah in the way which pleases Him.

Neither will you worship That Which I worship means, neither will you follow the Commands of Allah and His prescribed way of worship; indeed you have invented a thing for yourselves, as in his Words: "They follow nothing but their own opinions and the [vain] desires of themselves, and Guidance has already come to them from their Lord" (Soorah an-Najm 53:23). And so he rejected all of their shirk, for the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, and all those who follow him worship Allah in the way prescribed by Him; for this reason the testimony of the Muslim is Laa ilaha ill Allah, Muhammadur-Rasoolullah – None is worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. And there is no way to worship Him except that which was brought by the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam. The polytheists worship deities besides Allah in a way not permitted by Allah and so He told the Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam to say to them: To you your religion and to me mine, as in His Words: "And if they reject you, then say: 'To me my deeds and to you your deeds and you are innocent of my accounts and I am innocent of yours.' " (Soorah Yoonus 10:41) and "For us our deeds and for you your deeds" (Soorah al-Qasas 28:55). According to al-Bukhaari your religion means kufr (disbelief) and my religion means Islaam.

Abu `Abdillah Ash-Shaafi`i says that the verse To you your religion and to me mine shows that the disbelievers are one people…because disbelief in all its many manifestations has one thing in common – that is, falsity. This is the end of the tafseer of Soorah al-Kaafiroon, all praise is due to Allah and from Him proceeds all Grace.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
The Evil of Smoking

Smoking was discovered by the Spanish conquistadors in America, about 500 years ago; from Spain, it spread to the rest of Europe, and thence to the Muslim world about 100 years later.

Unfortunately, while the West has long realized the dangers of smoking and attempted to reduce it, in the Muslim lands, it has spread with little or no interference.

Early Muslim scholars, confronted with this obnoxious habit, declared it to be makrooh (detested), comparing it with such things as garlic and onions. This was due to the fact that, at that time, noone was aware of the harmful effects produced by smoking, which include, cancer, heart disease, strokes, miscarriages and premature birth in women and several other diseases.

Since it has become clear that smoking is harmful, it is obligatory upon all Muslims to abstain from it, for Allaah has said: { And do not kill yourselves, Allaah is indeed Merciful to you } (Soorah 4:29), and the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam said: "Let there be no harming and no reciprocating harm." (Narrated by Ahmad).

Unfortunately, some Muslims, either deliberately, or through ignorance, have been guilty of misleading Muslims, by repeating the earlier judgements of scholars, that smoking is only disliked, and therefore, not forbidden.

The Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam also said: "The feet of man will not depart, on the Day of Judgement, from his standing before his Lord, until he is asked about five things: His lifetime and how he spent it; his youth and how he used it; his wealth - where he earned it and how he spent it; and how he followed what he knew." (Narrated by At-Tirmizi)

He sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam also said: "Whoever imbibes poison, killing himself with it, will be consuming his poison in the Hell-fire and will dwell therein eternally." (Narrated by Al-Bukhaari)

Smoking is also harmful to the human mind and reason. One only has to observe a smoker who has been deprived of his cigarettes for a while: He is rude, nervous, quick to anger and incapable of concentration. He cannot relax until he has had his "fix". He is affected by insomnia, indigestion, episodes of acute anxiety and so on…

Allaah’s Messenger sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam said: "Anyone who believes in Allaah and the Last Day should not hurt his neighbour." (Narrated by Al-Bukhaari)

He sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam also said: "Verily, the example of a good companion and a bad one is like that of a perfume seller and a blacksmith: As for the perfume seller, he would either give you (some perfume), or you would buy (some) from him, or at least, you would get a good smell from him. And as for the blower of the bellows, you would either get a foul odour from him, or he would burn your clothes." (Narrated by Al-Bukhaari and Muslim)

Smoking is also a waste of one’s wealth on things which offer only harm and no benefit, for Allaah, Most High says: { And do not waste [your wealth] extravagantly. Indeed the squanderers are brethren to the devils are brethren to the devils } (Soorah 17:26-27)

and the Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam said: "Allaah hates for you three things: Gossipping, begging and wasting money." (Narrated by Al-Bukhaari and Muslim).

Smoking involves consuming an evil substance. It has a noxious smell, a horrible taste and is harmful to the body. Allaah says: { He [the Prophet e] who will enjoin upon them the doing of what is right, forbid them from wrongdoing, make lawful to them the good things of life, forbid for them the evil things and lift from them their burdens and the shackles that were [formerly] upon them } (Soorah 7:157)

A smoker is not only a faasid (corrupt person), but also a mufsid (one who spreads corruption): Because of his bad example, his family members, friends and colleagues may also smoke. It is useless to say: "Do as I say, and not as I do." The problem is exacerbated when the smoker affects an air of religious piety or knowledge, because many people will take him as a role model. This multiplies his sins and increases his burden.

Genuinely pious people avoid smoking and smokers, thus the smoker is excluded from the company of the righteous.

Smokers find fasting during the month of Ramadhaan more difficult thatn non-smokers, because they are suffering a form of drug addiction. They rarely fast voluntary fasts since even the obligatory fast is a trial for them.

The prohibition of smoking applies equally to the user, the seller, the manufacturer, the advertiser and all those involved in its production, sale or consumption, for Allaah says: { Coop-erate with one another in righteousness and piety, and do not cooperate with one another in sinning and transgression. And fear Allaah; verily, Allaah is severe in punishment } (Soorah 5:2)

and the Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam said: "Indeed, when Allaah prohibits something, he prohibits eating its price." (Narrated by Ahmad)

So dear brothers and sisters, if you are addicted to this foul habit, you must make your intention firmly to Allaah to stop and seek aid with Him Who hears and sees all, and always answers the supplication of the sincere Believer. He, Most High says: { And when My slaves ask you about Me, [oh, Muhammad, say that] verily, I am near [in hearing, seeing and know-ledge]: I answer the supplication of the one who asks when he asks Me } (Soorah 2:186)

Source: www.islaam.com

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Do Muslims Worship a Stone called the Ka'bah?
Direction in Prayer and the transcendence of Allah

(1) From lecture 1, I understand and accept that one can’t fix a location for Allah, however when we offer our Salah what intention should we have as to who or what we are performing the postures of obedience and submission before (i.e. standing, bowing, prostrating and sitting)? I.e. do we perform these simply in the direction of the Ka’bah or are we actually before Allah? Which one of the following would be the correct intention for when we are performing Salah?

:bismillah:
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful and Compassionate. May His blessings and peace be on His Beloved Prophet, the best of creation, and his family, companions, and followers

First, it is important to understand that it is not required to ‘intend’ the direction of the qibla for one’s prayer to be valid. [Ibn Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar; Shurunbulali, Maraqi al-Falah]

Our intention in prayer is to perform the given prayer for the sake of Allah. Our motive is expression of slavehood, thankfulness, and love of Allah. [ibid, and Dabusi, al-Amad al-Aqsa]

Allah exists beyond time and space. We face the Qibla for the purpose of having an objective direction to face in prayer; to express our unity of purpose and goal; to manifest the honor of this noble direction; and for the
believers to be united and not fall into disagreement.

Thinking about Allah in physical or spatial terms is sinful and an innovation in matters of belief.

Allah told us,

لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِ شَيْءٌ

“And there is absolutely nothing like unto Him.” [Qur’an, Surat al-Shura: 11]

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Mohammad (peace & blessing be upon him)

Muhammad :saw: In Their Eyes.

Introduction:

During the centuries of the crusades, all sorts of slanders were invented against Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). But with the birth of the modern age, marked with religious tolerance and freedom of thought, there has been a great change in the approach of Western authors in their delineation of his life and character. The views of some non-Muslim scholars regarding Prophet Muhammad, given at the end, justify this opinion.

But the West has still to go a step forward to discover the greatest reality about Muhammad and that is his being the true and the last Prophet of God for the whole humanity. In spite of all its objectivity and enlightenment there has been no sincere and objective attempt by the West to understand the Prophethood of Muhammad (pbuh). It is so strange that very glowing tributes are paid to him for his integrity and achievement but his claim of being the Prophet of God has been rejected explicitly or implicitly. It is here that a searching of the heart is required, and a review of the so-called objectivity is needed. The following glaring facts from the life of Muhammad (pbuh) have been furnished to facilitate an unbiased, logical and objective decision regarding his Prophethood.

Up to the age of forty, Muhammad was not known as a statesman, a preacher or an orator. He was never seen discussing the principles of metaphysics, ethics, law, politics, economics or sociology. No doubt he possessed an excellent character, charming manners and was highly cultured. Yet there was nothing so deeply striking and so radically extraordinary in him that would make men expect something great and revolutionary from him in the future. But when he came out of the Cave (HIRA) with a new message, he was completely transformed. Is it possible for such a person of the above qualities to turn all of a sudden into 'an impostor' and claim to be the Prophet of Allah and invite all the rage of his people? One might ask: for what reason did he suffer all those hardships? His people offered to accept him as their King and he would leave the preaching of his religion. But he chose to refuse their tempting offers and go on preaching his religion single-handedly in face of all kinds of insults, social boycott and even physical assault by his own people. Was it not only God's support and his firm will to disseminate the message of Allah and his deep-rooted belief that ultimately Islam would emerge as the only way of life for humanity, that he stood like a mountain in the face of all opposition and conspiracies to eliminate him? Furthermore, had he come with a design of rivalry with the Christians and the Jews, why should he have made belief in Jesus Christ and Moses and other Prophets of God (peace be upon them), a basic requirement of faith without which no one could be a Muslim?

Is it not an incontrovertible proof of his Prophethood that in spite of being unlettered and having led a very normal and quiet life for forty years, when he began preaching his message, all of Arabia stood in awe and wonder and was bewitched by his wonderful eloquence and oratory? It was so matchless that the whole legion of Arab poets, preachers and orators of the highest calibre failed to bring forth its equivalent. And above all, how could he then pronounce truths of a scientific nature contained in the Qur'an that no other human being could possible have developed at that time?

Last but not least, why did he lead a hard life even after gaining power and authority? Just ponder over the words he uttered while dying: "We the community of the Prophets are not inherited. Whatever we leave is for charity."

As a matter of fact, Muhammad (pbuh) is the last link of the chain of Prophets sent in different lands and times since the very beginning of the human life on this planet.

Read the following writings of the Western authors:

John Austin says:

"In little more than a year he was actually the spiritual, nominal and temporal rule of Medina, with his hands on the lever that was to shake the world."

Source: John Austin "Muhammad the Prophet of Allah," in T.P.'s and Cassel's Weekly for 24th September 1927.

John William Draper says:

"Four years after the death of Justinian, A.D. 569, was born at Mecca, in Arabia the man who, of all men exercised the greatest influence upon the human race . . . Mohammed . . ."

Source: John William Draper, A History of the Intellectual Development of Europe, London 1875, Vol. 1, pp. 329-330.

Mahatma Gandhi, speaking on the character of Muhammad, (pbuh) says in (Young India):

"I wanted to know the best of one who holds today's undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind....I became more than convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet, the scrupulous regard for his pledges, his intense devotion to this friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle. When I closed the 2nd volume (of the Prophet's biography), I was sorry there was not more for me to read of the great life."

Thomas Carlyle in his (Heroes and Heroworship), was simply amazed as to:

"how one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades."

Diwan Chand Sharma wrote:

"Muhammad was the soul of kindness, and his influence was felt and never forgotten by those around him."

(D.C. Sharma, The Prophets of The East, Calcutta, 1935, pp. 12)

In the words of Prof. C. Snouck Hurgronje:

"The league of nations founded by the prophet of Islam put the principle of international unity and human brotherhood on such universal foundations as to show candle to other nations." He continues: "The fact is that no nation of the world can show a parallel to what Islam has done towards the realization of the idea of the League of Nations ."

Prof. Ramakrishna Rao says:

"The personality of Muhammad, it is most difficult to get into the whole truth of it. Only a glimpse of it I can catch. What a dramatic succession of picturesque scenes! There is Muhammad, the Prophet. There is Muhammad, the Warrior; Muhammad, the Businessman; Muhammad, the Statesman; Muhammad, the Orator; Muhammad, the Reformer; Muhammad, the Refuge of Orphans; Muhammad, the Protector of Slaves; Muhammad, the Emancipator of Women; Muhammad, the Judge; Muhammad, the Saint. All in all these magnificent roles, in all these departments of human activities, he is alike a hero."

Bosworth Smith says:

"He was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pope without Pope's pretensions, Caesar without the legions of Caesar: without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue; if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by the right divine, it was Mohammed, for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports."

Bosworth Smith, MOHAMMAD AND MOHAMMADANISM, London, 1874, p. 92.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
just another article.

:salam2::hearts:

Top Misconceptions About Islam

Muslims are violent, terrorists, and extremists!

This is the biggest misconception in Islam, no doubt resulting from the constant stereotyping and bashing the media gives Islam. When a gunman attacks a mosque in the name of Judaism, a Catholic IRA guerrilla sets off a bomb in an urban area, or Serbian Orthodox militiamen rape and kill innocent Muslim civilians, these acts are not used to stereotype an entire faith. Never are these acts attributed to the religion of the perpetrators. Yet how many times have we heard the words 'Islamic, Muslim fundamentalist. etc.' linked with violence.

Politics in so called “Muslim countries" may or may not have any Islamic basis. Often dictators and politicians will use the name of Islam for their own purposes. One should remember to go to the source of Islam and separate what the true religion of Islam says from what is portrayed in the media. Islam literally means 'submission to God' and is derived from a root word meaning 'peace'.

Islam may seem exotic or even extreme in the modern world. Perhaps this is because religion doesn’t dominate everyday life in the West, whereas Islam is considered a 'way of life' for Muslims and they make no division between secular and sacred in their lives. Like Christianity, Islam permits fighting in self-defense, in defense of religion, or on the part of those who have been expelled forcibly from their homes. It lays down strict rules of combat which include prohibitions against harming civilians and against destroying crops, trees and livestock.

NOWHERE DOES ISLAM ENJOIN THE KILLING OF INNOCENTS... The Qur’an says: "Fight in the cause of God against those who fight you, but do not transgress limits. God does not love transgressors." (Qur’an 2:190) "If they seek peace, then seek you peace. And trust in God for He is the One that heareth and knoweth all things." (Qur’an 8:61) War, therefore, is the last resort, and is subject to the rigorous conditions laid down by the sacred law. The term 'jihad' literally means 'struggle'. Muslims believe that there are two kinds of jihad. The other 'jihad' is the inner struggle of the soul which everyone wages against egotistic desires for the sake of attaining inner peace.

Islam oppresses women.

The image of the typical Muslim woman wearing the veil and forced to stay home and forbidden to drive is all too common in most peoples’ thoughts. Although some Muslim countries may have laws that oppress women, this should not be seen as coming from Islam. Many of these countries do not rule by any kind of Shari'ah (Islamic law) and introduce their own cultural standpoints on the issue of gender equity.

Islam on the other hand gives men and women different roles and equity between the two is laid down in the Qur’an and the example of the Prophet (peace be upon him). Islam sees a woman, whether single or married, as an individual in her own right, with the right to own and dispose of her property and earnings. A marriage gift is given by the groom to the bride for her own personal use, and she keeps her own family name rather than taking her husband's. Both men and women are expected to dress in a way which is modest and dignified. The Messenger of God (peace be upon him) said: "The most perfect in faith amongst believers is he who is best in manner and kindest to his wife."

Violence of any kind towards women and forcing them against their will for anything is not allowed. A Muslim marriage is a simple, legal agreement in which either partner is free to include conditions.
Marriage customs thus vary widely from country to country. Divorce is not common, although it is acceptable as a last resort. According to Islam, a Muslim girl cannot be forced to marry against her will: her parents simply suggest young men they think may be suitable.

Muslims worship a different God

Allah is simply the Arabic word for God. Allah for Muslims is the greatest and most inclusive of the Names of God, it is an Arabic word of rich meaning, denoting the one and only God and ascribing no partners to Him. It is exactly the same word which the Jews, in Hebrew, use for God (eloh), the word which Jesus Christ used in Aramaic when he prayed to God. God has an identical name in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam; Allah is the same God worshiped by Muslims, Christians and Jews. Muslims believe that Allah's sovereignty is to be acknowledged in worship and in the pledge to obey His teaching and commandments, conveyed through His messengers and prophets who were sent at various times and in many places throughout history.

Islam was spread by the sword and is intolerant of other faiths

Many social studies textbooks for students show the image of an Arab horseman carrying a sword in one hand and the Qur’an in the other conquering and forcibly converting. This, though, is not a correct portrayal of history. Islam has always given respect and freedom of religion to all faiths. The Qur’an says: "God forbids you not, with regards to those who fight you not for [your] faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them; for God loveth those who are just." (60:8) Freedom of religion is laid down in the Qur’an itself: "There is no compulsion (or coercion) in the religion (Islam). The right direction is distinctly clear from error". (2:256)

Christian missionary, T.W. Arnold had this opinion on his study of the question of the spread of Islam: "... Of any organized attempt to force the acceptance of Islam on the non-Muslim population, or of any systematic persecution intended to stamp out the Christian religion, we hear nothing. Had the caliphs chosen to adopt either course of action, they might have swept away Christianity as easily as Ferdinand and Isabella drove Islam out of Spain, or Louis XIV made Protestantism ..."

It is a function of Islamic law to protect the privileged status of minorities, and this is why non-Muslim places of worship have flourished all over the Islamic world. History provides many examples of Muslim tolerance towards other faiths: when the caliph Omar entered Jerusalem in the year 634, Islam granted freedom of worship to all religious communities in the city.

Proclaiming to the inhabitants that their lives, and property were safe, and that their places of worship would never be taken from them, he asked the Christian patriarch Sophronius to accompany him on a visit to all the holy places. Islamic law also permits non-Muslim minorities to set up their own courts, which implement family laws drawn up by the minorities themselves. The life and property of all citizens in an Islamic state are considered sacred whether the person is Muslim or not.

Racism is not a part of Islam, the Qur’an speaks only of human equality and how all peoples are equal in the sight of God. "O mankind! We created you from a single soul, male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may come to know one another. Truly, the most honored of you in God's sight is the greatest of you in piety. God is All-Knowing, All- Aware." (49:13)

All Muslims are Arabs

The Muslim population of the world is around 1.4 billion. 1 out of 4 people in the world is a Muslim. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the World and North America. They are a vast range of races, nationalities, and cultures from around the globe--from the Philippines to Nigeria--they are united by their common Islamic faith. Only about 18% live in the Arab world and the largest Muslim community is in Indonesia. Most Muslims live east of Pakistan. 30% of Muslims live in the Indian subcontinent, 20% in Sub-Saharan Africa, 17% in Southeast Asia, 18% in the Arab world, and 10% in the Soviet Union and China. Turkey, Iran and Afghanistan make up 10% of the non-Arab Middle East. Although there are Muslim minorities in almost every area, including Latin America and Australia, they are most numerous in Russia and its newly independent states, India and central Africa. There are about 8 million Muslims in the United States.

The Nation of Islam is a Muslim group

Islam and the so called “Nation of Islam'" are two different religions. Muslims consider this group to be just one of many cults using the name of Islam for their own gain. The only thing common between them is the jargon, the language used by both. "The Nation of Islam" is a misnomer; this religion should be called Farrakhanism, after the name of its propagator, Louis Farrakhan.

Islam and Farakhanism differ in many fundamental ways. For example, Farrakhan followers believe in racism and that the 'black man' was the original man and therefore superior, while in Islam there is no racism and everyone is considered equal in the sight of God, the only difference being in one's piety. There are many other theological examples that show the 'Nation's teachings have little to do with true Islam. There are many groups in America who claim to represent Islam and call their adherents Muslims.

Any serious student of Islam has a duty to investigate and find the true Islam. The only two authentic sources which bind every Muslim are 1. The Quran and 2. Authentic or sound Hadith. Any teachings under the label of "Islam" which contradict or at variance with the direct understanding of fundamental beliefs and practices of Islam form the Quran and authentic Hadith should be rejected and such a religion should be considered a Pseudo-Islamic Cult. In America there are many pseudo-Islamic cults, Farrakhanism being one of them. An honest attitude on the part of such cults should be not to call themselves Muslims and their religion Islam. Such an example of honesty is Bahaism which is an off-shoot of Islam but Bahais do not call themselves Muslims nor their religion, Islam. In fact Bahaism is not Islam just as Farrakhanism is not Islam.

All Muslim men marry four wives

The religion of Islam was revealed for all societies and all times and so accommodates widely differing social requirements. Circumstances may warrant the taking of another wife but the right is granted, according to the Quran, only on condition that the husband is scrupulously fair. No woman can be forced into this kind of marriage if they do not wish it, and they also have the right to exclude it in their marriage contract.
Polygamy is neither mandatory, nor encouraged, but merely permitted. Images of "sheikhs with harems" are not consistent with Islam, as a man is only allowed at most four wives only if he can fulfill the stringent conditions of treating each fairly and providing each with separate housing etc. Permission to practice polygamy is not associated with mere satisfaction of passion. It is rather associated with compassion toward widows and orphans. It was the Quran that limited and put conditions on the practice of polygamy among the Arabs, who had as many as ten or more wives and considered them "property". It is both honest and accurate to say that it is Islam which regulated this practice, limited it, made it more humane and instituted equal rights and status for all wives. What the Qur'anic decrees amount to, taken together is discouragement of polygamy unless necessity for it exists. It is also evident that the general rule in Islam is monogamy and not polygamy. It is a very tiny percentage of Muslims that practice it over the world. However, permission to practice limited polygamy is only consistent with Islam's realistic view of the nature of man and woman and of various social needs, problems and cultural variations. The question is, however far more than the inherent flexibility of Islam; it also is the frank and straightforward approach of Islam in dealing with practical problems. Rather than requiring hypocritical
and superficial compliance, Islam delves deeper into the problems of individuals and societies, and provides for legitimate and clean solutions which are far more beneficial than would be the case if they were ignored. There is no doubt that the second wife legally married and treated kindly is better off than a mistress without any legal rights or expermanence.

Muslims are a barbaric, backwards people

Among the reasons for the rapid and peaceful spread of Islam was the simplicity of its doctrine-Islam calls for faith in only one God worthy of worship. It also repeatedly instructs man to use his powers of intelligence and observation. Within a few years, great civilizations and universities were flourishing, for according to the Prophet (pbuh), 'seeking knowledge is an obligation for every Muslim man and woman'.

The synthesis of Eastern and Western ideas and of new thought with old, brought about great advances in medicine, mathematics, physics, astronomy, geography, architecture, art, literature, and history.
Many crucial systems such as algebra, the Arabic numerals, and also the concept of the zero (vital to the advancement of mathematics), were transmitted to medieval Europe from Islam. Sophisticated instruments which were to make possible the European voyages of discovery were developed, including the astrolabe, the quadrant and good navigational maps.

Muhammad:)saw:) was the founder of Islam and Muslims worship him

Muhammad (pbuh) was born in Mecca in the year 570. Since his father died before his birth, and his mother shortly afterwards, he was raised by his uncle from the respected tribe of Quraysh. As he grew up, he became known for his truthfulness, generosity and sincerity, so that he was sought after for his ability to arbitrate in disputes. The historians describe him as calm and meditative. Muhammad (pbuh) was of a deeply religious nature, and had long detested the decadence of his society.

It became his habit to meditate from time to time in the Cave of Hira near Mecca. At the age of 40, while engaged in a meditative retreat, Muhammad (pbuh) received his first revelation from God through the Angel Gabriel. This revelation, which continued for 23 years, is known as the Quran. As soon as he began to recite the words he heard from Gabriel, and to preach the truth which God had revealed to him, he and his small group of followers suffered bitter persecution, which grew so fierce that in the year 622 God gave them the command to emigrate.

This event, the Hijra 'migration', in which they left Mecca for the city of Medina, marks the beginning of the Muslim calendar. After several years, the Prophet and his followers were able to return to Mecca, where they forgave their enemies and established Islam definitively. Before the Prophet saw dies at the age of 63, the greater part of Arabia was Muslim, and within a century of his death Islam had spread to Spain in the West and as far East as China. He died with less than 5 possessions to his name.

While Muhammad (pbuh) was chosen to deliver the message, he is not considered the "founder" of Islam, since Muslims consider Islam to be the same divine guidance sent to all peoples before. Muslims believe
all the prophets from Adam, Noah, Moses, Jesus etc. were all sent with divine guidance for their peoples. Every prophet was sent to his own people, but Muhammad (pbuh) was sent to all of mankind. Muhammad
is the last and final messenger sent to deliver the message of Islam. Muslims revere and honor him (pbuh) for all he went through and his dedication, but they do not worship him. "O Prophet, verily We have sent you as a witness and a bearer of glad tidings and a warner and as one who invites unto God by His leave and as an illuminating lamp." (33:45-6)

Muslims don't believe in Jesus or any other prophets

Muslims respect and revere Jesus, upon him be peace, and await his Second Coming. They consider him one of the greatest of God's messengers to mankind. A Muslim never refers to him simply as 'Jesus', but always adds the phrase 'upon him be peace' (abbreviated as (u) here). The Quran confirms his virgin birth (a chapter of the Quran is entitled 'Mary'), and Mary is considered the purest woman in all creation. The Quran describes the Annunciation as follows: "Behold!" the Angel said, "God has chosen you, and purified you, and chosen you above the women of all nations. O Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him whose name shall be the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, honored in this world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near to God. He shall speak to the people from his cradle and in maturity, and shall be of the righteous." She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?" He said: "Even so; God creates what He will. When He decrees a thing, He says to it, "Be!" and it is" (Quran 3:42-47)

Jesus (u) was born miraculously through the same power which had brought Adam (u) into being without a father: "Truly, the likeness of Jesus with God is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, and then said to him, 'Be!' and he was." (3:59) during his prophetic mission Jesus (u) performed many miracles. The Quran tells us that he said: " I have come to you with a sign from your Lord: I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it and it becomes a bird by God's leave. And I heal the blind, and the lepers, and I raise the dead by God's leave." (3:49) Neither Muhammad (pbuh) not Jesus (u) came to change the basic doctrine of the brief in One God brought by earlier prophets, but to confirm and renew it.

In the Qur’an Jesus (u) is reported as saying that he came: "To attest the law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden you; I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear God and obey Me. (3:50) The Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) said: "Whoever believes there is no god but God, alone without partner, that Muhammad(pbuh) is His messenger, that Jesus is the servant and messenger of God, His word breathed into Mary and a spirit emanating from Him, and that Paradise and Hell are true, shall be received by God into Heaven. "(Hadith related by Bukhari)

:salam2::ma::tti_sister:may Allah help us cure all these misconceptions.

AND ALLAH KNOWS BEST!

OsMaN_93

Here to help
women in the BIBLE!!

Women in the Bible!

Unto the women he (God) said "I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shall bring forth children and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."
-Genesis 3:16 -bible

Based on this verse, Christian Priests FORBID the use of anesthesia during childbirth, because 'in sorrow they shall bring forth children'.

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
- Colossians 3:18 -bible

Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
- 1 Corinthians 11:9 -bible

But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die...
- Deuteronomy 22:20-21 -bible

^LOOK. In Christianity, the punishment for Adultery is STONING. But Christians accuse US of stoning, whereas we are ONLY following THIER BIBLE's command.

Let your women keep silent in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
- 1 Corinthians 14:34 -bible

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
- 1 Timothy 2:11-12 -bible

Muslims have a long history of learning from women. Hadhrat Aisha[ra] was one of the very first teachers. Even today, Ustaadha Aisha Bewley is one of the most respected scolars alive. But these Christians still accuse of 'removing women's rights".

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2: :hearts:

Converts Guide

The term in Arabic for convert is Aslam. When Muslim scholars speak about conversion they say wal kafir idha aslama. In the Qur'an the term "repentance" (Tawbah) is also used: "...But if they (the pagans, polytheists) repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them..." (9:5). There are several steps to be discussed regarding the process:

How To Become A Muslim.
For the common unbeliever to become a Muslim, he must pronounce the two statements of the Shahadah: "I bear witness that there is no god but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger." A person who has previously believed in Judaism or Christianity has to add: "And I bear witness that Jesus is the servant of Allah, His Messenger, and His word which He gave to Mary, and a spirit from Him." This expression is to signify a rejection of both the Jewish misconception and derogation of Jesus, and the Christian misconception and exaggeration of his position. The Prophet (s.A.w.) said: "Whoever testified that there is no god but Allah, alone, without partners with him, and that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger, and His word which He has thrown into Mary, and a spirit from Him, and that Paradise is true and that Hell is true - Allah will let him enter Paradise with what action he did." (Bukhari, Muslim)

Witnesses To Conversion
From a religious point of view, there is no need for any witnesses to a conversion, but for a person from a non-Muslim background to be known as a Muslim, he or she must officially register their acceptance of Islam so as to be treated as a Muslim in all aspects of life, such as civic and personal matters. This is especially important in non-Muslim countries: I am aware of the case of an elderly, hospitalised brother who embraced Islam sometime before passing away. Nearly all his visitors during this period were Muslims, but because his conversion was not recorded officially, his body was handed over to his immediate family who carried out the funeral procedures according to non-Islamic ways.

Ghusl
Once the Shahadah has been pronounced the new convert becomes subject to the rules of Islam. If the new Muslim is an adult, male or female, Ghusl is obligatory to enable the person to perform his or her prayers. It is not permitted, when a person comes to announce his conversion, to ask him or her to go and perform Ghusl first; this means delaying his conversion, and no-one knows what may happen during this delay. Abu Hanifah (r.a.) says that there is no obligation on the convert to perform Ghusl because Allah (s.w.t.) says: "Say to the unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from unbelief), their past would be forgiven them..."(8:38). Many people embraced Islam and the Prophet (s.A.w.) did not ask them to take a bath. When Amr Ibn al-'As accepted Islam, the Messenger of Allah said to him: "Did you not know that Islam wipes away what happened before, and repentance wipes out what was before." The explanation to this apparent contradiction is that Allah will forgive sins according to a person's rights. The obligation to perform Ghusl comes after conversion, to enable the new convert to offer his or her prayers. When Qays Ibn Asim accepted Islam, the Prophet (s.A.w.) asked him to take a bath.

Circumcision
The male convert should be circumcised, as this is part of the natural manners recommended in Islam. If circumcision would pose any risk to health it may be delayed until the person is fitter and more able to cope with it. The scholars refer to the example of Prophet Ibrahim (a.s.) who circumcised himself at the age of eighty. Some Muslim scholars would not accept an uncircumcised person leading prayers. Incidentally, there is no requirement of circumcision for females in Islam.

Shaving The Head,
Removing Bodily Hair It is recommended for the new convert to shave his head (men only) and to remove body hair from the armpits and the private parts (both sexes). It is reported that Kulayb came to the Prophet to declare his Islam, and to one he told him to shave his hair, and to another convert he said: "Clean off the hair which grew while you were a disbeliever, and circumcise yourself."

Changing The Name
If the name is an ordinary one according to the culture of the person accepting Islam, there is no need to change it. But if it has a meaning which is objectionable on Islamic grounds (such as Abd al-Masih, the servant of the Messiah), it has to be changed.

Family Matters
If the convert is in a marriage which is not acceptable in Islamic law, it is automatically nullified when he accepts Islam. For example marriage to a blood relative who is actually prohibited for marriage (Mahram) is of course null and void. If a man was married to two sisters, on accepting Islam he would have to choose between them. If a Muslim convert's wife remains a Jew or Christian, the marriage remains valid, but if she is of any other religion, the marriage is nullified. Underage children become Muslim once one of the parents accepts Islam. Adult children are free to choose.

Wills And Inheritance
A difference of religion prevents inheritance; a Muslim cannot inherit from a non-Muslim or vice versa. Inheritance here refers to cases where a person dies in the state (without having made a will) and the estate is distributed to heirs according to the law of the land. According to Islamic law, a Muslim cannot inherit from a non-Muslim relative in this manner. Wills, on the other hand, do make a difference: a Muslim may accept what has been left to him in a will by a non-Muslim relative. A Muslim with non-Muslim relatives may leave up to one-third of his estate to them in his will, but the other two-thirds must go to Muslim relatives.

:salam2:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Please Read & Be Benefited- Directives & Declaration of Allah in Quran

SOME IMPORTANT DIRECTIVES AND DECLARATION OF
ALLAH SUBHANAHU TAALA IN AL- QURAN
:ma:

About Islam

1. This is the truth from your Lord; do not harbor any doubts. [3:60]
( This Ayat is clear directive to remain on firm believe on the Directives given by Allah )

DAWAT OF ISLAM

2. Let there be a community of you who invite to what is good, advocate righteousness, and forbid evil. They are the successful /winners. . [3:104]
3. Precedents have been set for you in the past; Travel /roam the earth and note the consequences for the unbelievers. [3:137]
4. You shall not waver, nor shall you grieve, for you are the ultimate victors, if you are Mumin /believers. [3:139]
5. Do not think that those who are killed in the causeway of Allah are dead; they are alive at their Lord, enjoying His provisions. [3:169]
6. O you who believe, you shall be steadfast, you shall persevere, you shall be united, you shall fear Allah, so that you may succeed. [3:200]

About Following Allah:
7. Say, "My Contact Prayers (Salat), my worship practices, my life and my death, are all devoted absolutely to Allah alone, the Lord of the universe. [Aanam:6:162]
8. You shall worship your Lord publicly and privately; He does not love the transgressors.[Aaraf: 7:55]
9. Do not corrupt the earth after it has been set straight, and worship Him(Allah) out of reverence, and out of hope. Surely, Allah's mercy is attainable by the righteous. [7:56]
10. Allah belongs the most beautiful names; call upon Him therewith, and disregard those who distort His names. They will be requited for their sins. [7:180]
11. You shall remember your Lord within yourself, publicly, privately, and quietly, day and night; do not be unaware. [7:205]
12. They are the repenters, the worshipers, the praisers, the meditators, the bowing and prostrating, the advocators of righteousness and forbidders of evil, and the keepers of Allah's laws. Give good news to such believers. [Tawba: 9:112]

About Fearing Allah:
13. O people, you shall reverence your Lord, for the violence/quaking of the Hour ,which is something horrendous. [Hajj: 1]
14. O you who believe, you shall bow, prostrate, worship (Ebadat) your Lord, and work righteousness, so that you may succeed.[Hajj: 77]
15. Therefore, you shall perform the Contact Prayers (Salat) and give the obligatory charity (Zakat), and hold fast to Allah; He is your Lord, the best Lord and the best Supporter.[Hajj: 78]
16. We said, "O fire, be cool and safe for Abraham." [Ambia: 21:69]

About Submission to Allah:
17. O you who believe, you shall embrace total submission; do not follow the steps of Saitan, as he is your most open enemy. [Bakara: 2:208]
18. Proclaim, "I have been given divine inspiration that there is one God (Allah). So you then become submitter" [21:108]
19. O you who believe, you shall obey Allah, and obey the messenger. Otherwise, all your works will be in vain. [47:33]

Remembering Allah & remaining thankful
20. You shall remember Me, so that I may remember you, and be thankful to Me; do not be ungrateful. [Bakara: 2:152]
21. O you who believe, eat from the good things we provided for you, and be thankful to Allah, if you do worship Him alone. [Bakara: 2:172]
22. Once the prayer is completed, you may spread through the land to seek Allah's bounties, and continue to remember Allah frequently, that you may succeed. [Al-Jumuah: 62:10]

About Allah’s blessings
23. O you who believe, remember Allah's blessings upon you; when some people extended their hands to aggress against you, He protected you and withheld their hands. You shall fear Allah; the believers shall trust on Allah. [5:11]
24. O you who believe, you shall reverence Allah and seek the ways and means to Him, and strive in His cause, that you may succeed. [5:35]

Whatever you do, do for Allah
25. You shall fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah is Hearer, Knower.[Bakara: 2:244]

About Obeying Allah & His Prophet/Rasul
26. You shall obey Allah, and you shall obey the messenger, and beware. If you turn away, then know that the sole duty of our messenger is to deliver the message efficiently[5:92]
27. And worship (Pray ) your Lord, in order to attain certainty. [Al-Hijr:15:99]
28. O you who believe, you should worry only about your own necks. If the others go astray, they cannot hurt you, as long as you are guided. Allah is your ultimate destiny, all of you, then He will inform you of everything you had done. [5:105]
29. Inform My servants that I am the Forgiver, Most Merciful. [Al-Hijr: 15:49]

FOR BELIEVERS
30. O people, Serve only your Lord (Allah)- the One who created you and those before you so that you may guard against evils (be Muttaki/ perfect believer). [Bakara: 2:21]
31. Give good news to those who believe and lead a righteous life that they will have gardens with flowing streams. When provided with a provision of fruits therein, they will say, "This is what was provided for us previously." Thus, they are given allegorical descriptions. They will have pure spouses therein, and they abide therein forever. [Bakara: 2:25]
32. O people, eat from the earth's products all that is lawful and good, and do not follow the steps of Saitan(Iblish); he is your most open enemy. [Bakara: 2:168]
33. O you who believe, you shall fear Allah and refrain from all kinds of usury, if you are believers. [Bakara: 2:278]
34. O you who believe, you shall be careful to your duties to Allah and continue to be afraid of Allah as He should be feared, and do not die except being Muslim . [Al-Imran:3:102]
35. O you who believe, you shall not take usury, compounded over and over. Fear Allah, so that you may succeed. [Al-Imran: 3:130]
36. O you who believe, obey Allah and His messenger, and do not disregard him while you hear. [Aanfal: 8:20]
37. O you who believe, do not be unfaithful to Allah and His messenger, and do not betray with those who trust you, while you know. [8:27]
38. O you who believe, when you encounter an enemy, you shall hold fast and commemorate Allah frequently, that you may succeed. [8:45]
39. O you prophet, Allah is sufficient for you and the believers who have followed you. [Anfal: 8:64]
40. O you who believe, be careful of your duties to Allah and be among the truthful. [Tawba: 9:119]
41. Surely, Allah's allies (Woli-Allah) have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve. Yunus:10:62]
42. O you who believe, you shall reverence Allah, and be among the truthful. [Tawba: 9:119]
43. Surely, Allah's Wolies/Friends (Woli-Allah) have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve. [Yunus:10:62]
44. The believers are members of one family; you shall keep the peace within your family and remain faithful to Allah, so that you may obtain mercy. [Hujrat:49:10]
45. O you who believe, no people shall ridicule other people, for they may be better than they. Nor shall any women ridicule other women, for they may be better than they. Nor shall you mock one another, or make fun of your names. Evil indeed is the reversion to wickedness after attaining faith. Anyone who does not repent after this, these are the transgressors. [Hujrat:49:11]
46. O you who believe, you shall avoid any suspicion, for even a little bit of suspicion is sinful. You shall not spy on one another, nor shall you backbite one another; this is as abominable as eating the flesh of your dead brother. You certainly abhor this. You shall observe GOD. GOD is Redeemer, Most Merciful. [Hujrat: 49:12]
47. O you who believe, you shall reverence Allah, and let every soul examine what it has sent ahead for tomorrow. You shall reverence Allah; Allah is fully Cognizant of everything you do. [Hashor: 59:18]
48. O you who believe, why do you say what you do not do? [Saaff: 61:2]
49. O you who believe, when the Congregational Prayer (Salat Al-Jumu`ah) is announced on Friday, you shall hasten to the commemoration of Allah, and drop all business. This is better for you, if you only knew. [Jumuah:62:9]
50. O you who believe, do not be distracted by your money and your children from remembering Allah. Those who do this are the losers. [ Munafiqun: 63:9]
51. O you who believe, your spouses and your children can be your enemies; beware. If you pardon, forget, and forgive, then Allah is Forgiver, Most Merciful. [Tagabun: 64:14]
52. O you who believe, protect yourselves and your families from the Hellfire whose fuel is people and rocks. Guarding it are stern and powerful angels who never disobey Allah; they do whatever they are commanded to do. [Tahreem: 66:6]
53. O you who believe, you shall repent to Allah a firm repentance. Your Lord will then remit your sins and admit you into gardens with flowing streams. On that day, Allah will not disappoint the prophet and those who believed with him. Their light will radiate in front of them and to their right. They will say, "Our Lord, perfect our light for us, and forgive us; You are Omnipotent." [Tahreem: 66:8]
54. O you who believe, reverence Allah and utter only the correct utterances. [Azhab: 33:70]

ABOUT DISBELIEVERS

55. "As for those who disbelieve, I will commit them to painful retribution in this world, and in the Hereafter. They will have no helpers." [Al-Imran: 3:56]

ABOUT SALAT & JAKAT:
56. You shall perform the Contact Prayers (Salat) and give the obligatory charity (Zakat), and bow down with those who bow down. [Bakara: 2:43]
57. You shall seek help through steadfastness and the Contact Prayers (Salat). This is difficult indeed, but not so for the reverent, [Bakara: 2:45]
58. You shall perform the Contact Prayers (Salat) and give the obligatory charity (Zakat). Any good you send forth on behalf of your souls, you will find it at Allah. Allah is seer of everything you do. [Bakara: 2:110]
59. O you who believe, seek help through steadfastness and the Contact Prayers (Salat). Allah is with those who steadfastly persevere. [Bakara: 2:153]
60. You shall consistently perform the Contact Prayers, especially the middle prayer, and devote yourselves totally to Allah. [Bakara: 2:238]
18. You shall read what you can of it, and observe the contact prayers (Salat), give the obligatory charity (Zakat), and lend Allah a loan of righteousness. Whatever good you send ahead on behalf of your souls, you will find it at Allah far better and generously rewarded. And implore Allah for forgiveness. Allah is Forgiver, Most Merciful. [Mujammil:73:20]

ABOUT KIBLA/KABA
61. Henceforth, you shall turn your face towards the Sacred Masjid (Kaba). Wherever you may be, all of you shall turn your faces towards it ( Mosjidul Haaram/Kaba). Those who received the previous scripture know that this is the truth from their Lord (Allah). Allah is never unaware of anything they do. [Bakara: 2:144]

ABOUT TRUTHFULNESS & HONESTY
62. Each of you chooses the direction to follow; you shall race towards righteousness. Wherever you may be, Allah will summon you all. Allah is Omnipotent. [Bakara: 2:148]

ABOUTY SHOHADA
63. Do not say of those who are killed in the cause of Allah, "They are dead." They are alive at their Lord, but you do not perceive. [Bakara: 2:154]

DEPRIVING OTHERS
64. You shall not take each others' money illicitly, nor shall you bribe the officials to deprive others of some of their rights illicitly, while you know. [Bakara: 2:188]

ABOUT SPENDING
65. You shall spend in the cause of Allah; do not throw yourselves with your own hands into destruction. You shall be charitable; Allah loves the charitable. [Bakara: 2:195]

ABOUT HAJJ & UMRAH
66. You shall observe the complete rites of Hajj and `Umrah for Allah. If you are prevented, you shall send an offering, and do not resume cutting your hair until your offering has reached its destination. If you are ill, or suffering a head injury (and you must cut your hair), you shall expiate by fasting, or giving to charity, or some other form of worship. During the normal Hajj, if you break the state of Ihraam (sanctity) between `Umrah and Hajj, you shall expiate by offering an animal sacrifice. If you cannot afford it, you shall fast three days during Hajj and seven when you return home - this completes ten - provided you do not live at the Sacred Masjid. You shall observe Allah, and know that Allah is strict in enforcing retribution. [Bakara: 2:196]
67. When you return from `Arafaat, you shall commemorate Allah at the Sacred Location Mashaarul Haaraam (of Muzdalifah). You shall commemorate Him for guiding you; before this, you had gone astray. [Bakara: 2:198]
68. You shall return together, with the rest of the people from where they return, and ask for forgiveness from Allah. Allah is Forgiver, Most Merciful. [Bakara: 2:199]
69. Once you complete your formalities of Hajj, you shall continue to commemorate Allah, as you commemorate your own parents, or even better. [Bakara: 2:200]
70. You shall commemorate Allah for a number of days (in Meena); whoever hastens to do this in two days commits no sin, and whoever stays longer commits no sin, so long as righteousness is maintained. You shall be afraid of Allah, and know that before Him you will be gathered. [Bakara: 2:203]

REGARDING MARRIGE
71. Do not marry idolatresses unless they believe; a believing woman is better than an idolatress, even if you like her. Nor shall you give your daughters in marriage to idolatrous men, unless they believe (On Allah). [Bakara: 2:221]

REGARDING SEX
72. They ask you about menstruation: say, "It is harmful; you shall avoid sexual intercourse with the women during menstruation; do not approach them until they are rid of it. Once they are rid of it, you may have intercourse with them in the manner designed by Allah. Allah loves the repenters, and He loves those who are clean." [Bakara: 2:222]

MISBEHAVE
73. O you who believe, do not nullify your charities by inflicting reproach and insult, like one who spends his money to show off, while disbelieve in Allah and the Resurrection/Last Day. [Bakara: 2:264]

MONEY TRANSACTION

74. O you who believe, when you transact a loan for any period, you shall write it down. An impartial scribe shall do the writing. No scribe shall refuse to perform this service, according to Allah's teachings. He shall write, while the debtor dictates the terms. He shall fear his Lord(Allah) and never cheat. [Bakara : 2:282]

SOVREIGNTY
75. Say, "Our Lord (Allah) possessor of all sovereignty. You grant sovereignty to whomever You choose, You remove sovereignty from whomever You choose. You grant dignity to whomever You choose, and commit to humiliation whomever You choose. In Your hand are all provisions. You are Omnipotent. [Al-Imran: 3:26]

About Distribution of Wealth:
76. Allah decrees a will for the benefit of your children; the male gets twice the share of the female*. If the inheritors are only women, more than two, they get two-thirds of what is bequeathed. If only one daughter is left, she gets one-half. The parents of the deceased get one-sixth of the inheritance each, if the deceased has left any children. If he left no children, and his parents are the only inheritors, the mother gets one-third. If he has siblings, then the mother gets one-sixth. All this, after fulfilling any will the deceased has left, and after paying off all debts. When it comes to your parents and your children, you do not know which of them is really the best to you and the most beneficial. This is Allah's law. Allah is Omniscient, Most Wise. [ Nisa: 4:11]
77. You get half of what your wives leave behind, if they had no children. If they had children, you get one-fourth of what they leave. All this, after fulfilling any will they had left, and after paying off all debts. They get one-fourth of what you leave behind, if you had no children. If you had children, they get one-eighth of what you bequeath. All this, after fulfilling any will you had left, and after paying off all debts. If the deceased man or woman was a loner, and leaves two siblings, male or female, each of them gets one-sixth of the inheritance. If there are more siblings, then they equally share one-third of the inheritance. All this, after fulfilling any will, and after paying off all debts, so that no one is hurt. This is a will decreed by Allah. Allah is Omniscient, Clement. [Nisa: 4: 12]
About Marrige
78. Prohibited for you (in marriage) are your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, the sisters of your fathers, the sisters of your mothers, the daughters of your brother, the daughters of your sister, your nursing mothers, the girls who nursed from the same woman as you, the mothers of your wives, the daughters of your wives with whom you have consummated the marriage - if the marriage has not been consummated, you may marry the daughter. Also prohibited for you are the women who were married to your genetic sons. Also, you shall not be married to two sisters at the same time - but do not break up existing marriages. Allah is Forgiver, Most Merciful. [Nisa: 4:23]

Well-behaving with others
79. You shall worship only of Allah alone - do not associate anything with Him. You shall regard the parents, the relatives, the orphans, the poor, the related neighbor, the unrelated neighbor, the close associate, the traveling alien, and your servants. Allah does not like the arrogant show-offs. [Nisa: 4:36]

Returning things deposited by others
80. Allah directs you to give back everything that the people have entrusted to you. If you judge among the people, you shall judge equitably. The best enlightenment indeed is what Allah recommends for you. Allah is Hearer, Seer. [Nisa:4:58]
81. Once you complete your Contact Prayer (Salat), you shall remember Allah while standing, sitting, or lying down. Once the war is over, you shall observe the Contact Prayers (Salat); the Contact Prayers(Salat) are decreed for the believers at specific times. [4:103]
82. You shall implore Allah for forgiveness. Allah is Forgiver, Most Merciful. [4:106]
83. Inform the hypocrites that they have incurred painful retribution. [4:138]
84. O people, the messenger has come to you with the truth from your Lord. Therefore, you shall believe for your own good. If you disbelieve, then to Allah belongs everything in the heavens and the earth. Allah is Omniscient, Most Wise. [4:170]
85. O you who believe, you shall fulfill your covenants. Permitted for you to eat are the livestock, except those specifically prohibited herein. You shall not permit hunting throughout Hajj pilgrimage. Allah decrees whatever He wills. [Ma’eda: 5:1]
86. You shall obey Allah. Allah is strict in enforcing retribution. [Ma’eda: 5:2]

About Halal & Haram
87. Prohibited for you are animals that die of themselves, blood, the meat of pigs, and animals dedicated to other than Allah. (Animals that die of themselves include those) strangled, struck with an object, fallen from a height, gored, attacked by a wild animal - unless you save your animal before it dies - and animals sacrificed on altars. Also prohibited is dividing the meat through a game of chance; this is an abomination. Today, the disbelievers have given up concerning (the eradication of) your religion; do not fear them and fear Me instead. Today, I have completed your religion, perfected My blessing upon you, and I have decreed Submission as the religion for you. If one is forced by famine (to eat prohibited food), without being deliberately sinful, then GOD is Forgiver, Merciful. [Ma’eda: 5:3]

About Wozu & Tayammum
88. O you who believe, when you observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), you shall: (1) wash your faces, (2) wash your arms to the elbows, (3) wipe your heads, and (4) wash your feet to the ankles. If you were unclean due to sexual orgasm, you shall bathe. If you are ill, or traveling, or had any digestive excretion (urinary, fecal, or gas), or had (sexual) contact with the women, and you cannot find water, you shall observe the dry ablution (Tayammum) by touching clean dry soil, then rubbing your faces and hands. GOD does not wish to make the religion difficult for you; He wishes to cleanse you and to perfect His blessing upon you, that you may be appreciative. [Ma’eda: 5:6]

About Witness:
89. O you who believe, you shall be absolutely equitable, and fear Allah, when you serve as witnesses. Do not be provoked by your conflicts with some people into committing injustice. You shall be absolutely equitable, for it is more righteous. You shall fear Allah. Allah is fully Cognizant of everything you do. [Ma’eda: 5:8]

About thief:
90. The thief, male or female, you shall mark their hands* as a punishment for their crime, and to serve as an example from Allah. Allah is Almighty, Most Wise. [5:38]

About Friendship/Allies:
91. O you who believe, do not take certain Jews and Christians as allies; these are allies of one another. Those among you who ally themselves with these belong with them. Allah does not guide the transgressors.[5:51]
About Gambling & Intoxination:
92. O you who believe, intoxicants, and gambling, and the altars of idols, and the games of chance are abominations of the devil; you shall avoid them, that you may succeed.[5:90]
Warning About Saitan
93. O children of Adam, do not let the devil dupe you as he did when he caused the eviction of your parents from Paradise, and the removal of their garments to expose their bodies. He and his tribe see you, while you do not see them. We appoint the devils as companions of those who do not believe. [Aaraf: 7:27]
94. Let not the devil repel you; he is your most ardent enemy. [Jukhrukh: 43:62]
About Going to Mosque:
95. O children of Adam, you shall be clean and dress nicely when you go to the masjid. And eat and drink moderately; Surely, He does not love the gluttons. [7:31]
About Quran:
96. When the Quran is recited, you shall listen to it and take heed, that you may attain mercy. [ Aaraf: 7:204]
About Sin:
97. You shall avoid obvious sins, as well as the hidden ones. Those who have earned sins will surely pay for their transgressions. [Anam: 6:120]
98. Do not eat from that upon which the name of Allah has not been mentioned, for it is an abomination. The devils inspire their allies to argue with you; if you obey them, you will be idol worshipers.[6:121]

For All About Almighty Allah:
99. O people, remember Allah's blessings upon you. Is there any creator other than Allah who provides for you from the heaven and the earth? There is no other god beside Him. How could you deviate? [Faatir: 35:3]
100. O people, Allah's promise is the truth; therefore, do not be distracted by this lowly life. Do not be diverted from Allah by mere illusions. [Faatir:35:5]
101. O people, you are the ones who need Allah, while Allah is in no need for anyone, the Most Praiseworthy. [Faatir: 35:15]
102. Say, "Allah is the only One I worship, devoting my religion absolutely to Him alone. [Jumar: 39:14]
103. Proclaim: "Our Lord (Allah), Initiator of the heavens and the earth, Knower of all secrets and declarations, You are the only One who judges among Your servants regarding their disputes." [Jumar: 39:46]
104. Your Lord says, "Call upon Me, and I will respond to you. Surely, those who are too arrogant to worship Me will enter Jahannam( Hell)."* [Mumin: 40:60]
105. You shall fall prostrate before Allah, and worship. [Najam: 53:62]
106. Proclaim, "He (Allah) is the One and only GOD. The Absolute GOD. "Never did He beget. Nor was He begotten. "None equals Him." [Sura Ekhlas]
About Patience:
107. You shall steadfastly persevere, because Allah never fails to recompense the righteous. [Hud: 11:115]
108. And if you punish, you shall inflict an equivalent punishment. But if you resort to patience (instead of revenge), it would be better for the patient ones.[16:126]
Praising Allah:
109. You shall sing the praises of your Lord, and be with the prostrates. [15:98]

ABOUT RESURRECTION DAY:
110. Beware of the day when no soul can avail another soul, no intercession will be accepted, no ransom can be paid, nor can anyone be helped. [Bakara: 2:48]
111. The day will come when we will raise from every community a witness from among them, and bring you as the witness of these people. We have revealed to you this book to provide explanations for everything, and guidance, and mercy, and good news for the submitters. [Nahal: 16:89]
Keeping Words/woath:
112. Do not sell your oaths short before Allah. What Allah possesses is far better for you, if you only knew. [16:95]
About Praying to Allah & honouring Parents:
113. Your Lord has decreed that you shall not worship except Him, and your parents shall be honored. As long as one or both of them live, you shall never say to them, "Uff" (the slightest gesture of annoyance), nor shall you shout at them; you shall treat them amicably. [Bani Israel: 17:23]

About Adultry:
114. You shall not commit adultery; it is a gross sin, and an evil behavior. [ Bani Israil17:32]

About Proudness:
115. You shall not walk proudly on earth - you cannot bore through the earth, nor can you be as tall as the mountains. [Bani Israel: 17:37]
116. You shall force yourself to be with those who worship their Lord day and night, seeking Him alone. Do not turn your eyes away from them, seeking the vanities of this world. Nor shall you obey one whose heart we rendered oblivious to our message; one who pursues his own desires, and whose priorities are confused. [Kahaf: 18:28]

About Meditation:
117. During the night, you shall meditate for extra credit, that your Lord may raise you to an honorable rank.[Bani Israel: 17:79]

About Salat:
118. You shall observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) at both ends of the day, and during the night. The righteous works wipe out the evil works. This is a reminder for those who would take heed. [Hud: 11:114]
119. You shall direct your family to perform the contact prayers (Salat), and steadfastly persevere in doing so.. [Twa Haa: 20:132]
120. And woe to those who observe the contact prayers (Salat) who are totally heedless of their prayers. They only show off. And they forbid charity [Al-Maoon: 107:4-7]

About Jakat:
121. Charities (Jakat) shall go to the poor, the needy, the workers who collect them, the new converts, to free the slaves, to those burdened by sudden expenses, in the cause of Allah, and to the traveling alien/way farer . Such is Allah's ordinance/commandment. Allah is Omniscient, Most Wise [Tawba: 9:60]

About Salat & Jakat:
123. You shall observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and give the obligatory charity (Zakat), and obey the messenger, that you may attain mercy. [Nur: 24:56]
124. Therefore, you shall pray to your Lord (Salat), and give to charity(Jakat)[Kawser:108:2]
Helping relatives:
125. Therefore, you shall give the relatives their rightful share of charity (Jakat) as well as the poor, and the traveling alien. This is better for those who sincerely seek Allah's pleasure; they are the winners. [Room: 30:38]
Not to Follow Steps of Shaitan:
126. O you who believe, do not follow the steps of Saitan. Anyone who follows the steps of Saitan should know that he advocates evil and vice. If it were not for Allah's grace towards you, and His mercy, none of you would have been purified. But Allah purifies whomever He wills. Allah is Hearer, Knower. [Nur :24:21]
About Entering Others home:
127. O you who believe, do not enter homes other than yours without permission from their inhabitants, and without greeting them. This is better for you, that you may take heed. [Nur: 24:27]
128. They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies. All of you shall repent to Allah, O you believers, so that you may succeed.[Nur: 31]

About Punishment:
129. They will incur the requital for their wickedness; they will say nothing. [Namal: 27:85]
130. "Use the provisions bestowed upon you by Allah to seek the abode of the Hereafter, without neglecting your share in this world. Be charitable, as Allah has been charitable towards you. Do not keep on corrupting the earth. Allah does not love the corruptors." [Kasas: 28:77]

Recitation of Quran:
131. You shall recite what is revealed to you of the scripture, and observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), for the Contact Prayers prohibit evil and vice. But the remembrance of Allah (through Salat) is the most important objective. Allah knows everything you do. [Ankabut:29:45]

Worshipping:
132. O My servants who believed, My earth is spacious, so worship Me. [Ankabut: 29:56]
133. Therefore, you shall worship Allah alone, and be appreciative. [Jumar: 39:66]
134. Therefore, you shall devote your worship absolutely to ALLAH ALONE, even if the disbelievers dislike it. [Mumin: 40:14]

Believing Allah:
135. You shall put your trust in the One who is Alive - the One who never dies - and praise Him and glorify Him. He is fully Cognizant of His creatures' sins. [Furkan: 25:58]
136. And put your trust in Allah. Allah suffices as an advocate. [Azhab: 33:3]

Glorifying/Praising Allah:
137. Therefore, you shall glorify Allah when you retire at night, and when you rise in the morning. All praise is due to Him in the heavens and the earth, throughout the evening, as well as in the middle of your day. [Room: 30:17-18]
138. You shall glorify Him day and night. [Azhab: 33:42]
139. You shall steadfastly persevere in carrying out your Lord's command - you are in our eyes - and glorify and praise your Lord when you get up. [Toor: 52:48]
140. Therefore, you shall glorify the name of your Lord, Most Great. [Hakka: 69:52]
141. Therefore, you shall glorify the name of your Lord, Most Great. [ Al- Haqqa: 69:52]
Devotion to Religion:
142. Therefore, you shall devote yourself to the religion of strict monotheism. Such is the natural instinct placed into the people by Allah. Such creation of Allah will never change. This is the perfect religion, but most people do not know. [Room: 30:30]

Submission To Allah
143. You shall submit to Him, reverence Him, observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), and - whatever you do - do not ever fall into idol worship. [Room: 30:31]

144. You shall obey your Lord, and submit to Him totally, before the retribution overtakes you; then you cannot be helped.And follow the best path that is pointed out for you by your Lord, before the retribution overtakes you suddenly when you least expect it. [Jumar: 39: 54-55]

Life
145. Know that this worldly life is no more than play and games, and boasting among you, and hoarding of money and children. It is like abundant rain that produces plants and pleases the disbelievers. But then the plants turn into useless hay, and are blown away by the wind. In the Hereafter there is either severe retribution, or forgiveness from Allah and approval. This worldly life is no more than a temporary illusion. [Hadid:57:20]

About Proudness:
146. "You shall not treat the people with arrogance, nor shall you roam the earth proudly. GOD does not like the arrogant showoffs. Walk humbly and lower your voice - the ugliest voice is the donkey's voice." [Lukmaan: 31:18- 19]
147. You shall not say that you will do anything in the future,[ Kahaf: 18:23]

Blessing:
148. Deliver good news to the believers, for them that there is a great blessing from Allah . [Azhab: 33:47]
Following Awlias/WoliAllah:
149. "Follow those who do not ask you for any wage, and are guided. [Ya-Sin: 36:21]

Exceeding Limit:
150. Proclaim: "O My servants who exceeded the limits, never despair of Allah's mercy. For Allah forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, Most Merciful." [Jumar: 39:53]

About Parents:
151. We enjoined the human being to honor his parents. His mother bore him arduously, gave birth to him arduously, and took intimate care of him for thirty months. When he reaches maturity, and reaches the age of forty, he should say, "My Lord, direct me to appreciate the blessings You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and to do the righteous works that please You. Let my children be righteous as well. I have repented to You; I am a submitter." [Ah Kaf:46:15]

to be continued.........

OsMaN_93

Here to help
continuing--

Patience:
152. Therefore, be patient like the messengers before you who possessed strength and resorted to patience. Do not be in a hurry to see the retribution that will inevitably come to them. The day they see it, it will seem as if they lasted one hour of the day. This is a proclamation: Is it not the wicked who are consistently annihilated? [Ahkaf:46:35]
153. Therefore, be patient, for Allah's promise is true, and ask forgiveness for your sin, and glorify and praise your Lord night and day. [Mumin: 40:55]
154. Therefore, you shall resort to a gracious patience. [Maarij: 70:5]

Recording:
155. Two recording (angels), at right and at left, are constantly recording. [Kaaf:50:17]

Forgiveness:
156. Therefore, you shall race towards forgiveness from your Lord, and a Paradise whose width encompasses the heaven and the earth. It awaits those who believed in Allah and His messengers. Such is Allah's grace that He bestows upon whomever He wills. Allah is Possessor of Infinite Grace. [ Hadid: 57:21]
157. O you who believe, you shall reverence Allah and believe in His messenger. He will then grant you double the reward from His mercy, endow you with light to guide you, and forgive you. Allah is Forgiver, Most Merciful. [Hadid: 57:28]

ABOUT CONSPIRACY
158. Secret conspiracy is the devil's idea, through which he seeks to hurt those who believed. However, he cannot hurt them against Allah's will. The believers shall trust on Allah. [Mujadala: 58:10]

ABOUT WITNESSING:
159. Do not confound the truth with falsehood, nor shall you conceal the truth, knowingly. [Bakara: 2:42]

About Yateem:
160. Therefore, you shall not forsake the orphan. Nor shall you reprimand the beggar. [Duha: 93:9-10]
161. Do you know who really rejects the faith? That is the one who mistreats the orphans. And does not advocate the feeding of the poor.[Maoon:107:1-3]

Meditation:
162. Meditate during the night, except rarely. Half of it, or a little less. Or a little more. And read the Quran from cover to cover. [Mujammil:73:2-4]
163. Your Lord knows that you meditate during two-thirds of the night, or half of it, or one-third of it, and so do some of those who believed with you. Allah has designed the night and the day, and He knows that you cannot always do this. He has pardoned you. Instead, you shall read as much as you can from the Quran. He knows that some of you may be ill, others may be traveling in pursuit of Allah's provisions, and others may be striving in the cause of Allah. [ Mujammil :73:20]
164. Whenever possible you shall strive. Seeking only your Lord. [Inshirah: 94:7-:8]

Quran:
165. I made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn? [Qamar: 54:22]

RESURRECTION DAY:
166. 177. Surely, your Lord will judge them on the Day of Resurrection regarding everything they have disputed. [Ariah: 17]
DECLARATION
About Allah:
167. Do they not know that Allah surely knows everything they conceal, and everything they declare? [Bakara: 2:77]
168. The creator of the heavens and the earth is Allah.Whenever He desires to have anything done, He simply says to it, "Be," and it is Done”. [2:117]
169. Your god is one god; there is no god but He, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. [2:163]
170. Allah is Compassionate towards the people, Most Merciful.[Bakara: 2: 143]
171. Allah. There is no other God besides Him, the Living, the Eternal. Never a moment of unawareness or slumber overtakes Him. To Him belongs everything in the heavens and everything on earth. Who could intercede with Him, except in accordance with His will? He knows their past, and their future. No one attains any knowledge, except as He wills. His dominion encompasses the heavens and the earth, and ruling them never burdens Him. He is the Most High, the Great. [2:255]
172. Allah is Lord of those who believe; He leads them out of darkness into the light. As for those who disbelieve, their lords are their idols; they lead them out of the light into darkness - these will be the dwellers of Hell; they abide in it forever. [2:257]
173. You should know that Allah is Almighty, Most Wise." (Bakara: 260)
174. The sovereignty of the heavens and the earth belongs to Allah. Allah is Omnipotent. [Al-Imran:3:189]
175. Know that Allah is strict in enforcing retribution, and that Allah is Forgiving, Most Merciful.[Ma’eda5:98]
176. The sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and everything in them belongs to Allah, and He is Omnipotent. [Ma’eda: 5:120]
177. Allah invites to the abode of peace, and guides whoever wills (to be guided) in a straight path. [Yunus:10:25]
178. Allah never does any wrong to the people; it is the people who do wrong to their own souls. [Yunus: 10:44]
179. He (Allah) controls life and death, and to Him you will be returned. [10:56]
180. All praise belongs to Allah; Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth, Lord of the universe. To Him belongs all supremacy in the heavens and the earth. He is the Almighty, Most Wise. [45:36-37]
181. (Allah)The Knower of all secrets and declarations; the Supreme, the Most High. It is the same whether you conceal your thoughts, or declare them, or hide in the darkness of the night, or act in the daylight. [13:9-10]

About Creation:
182. To have anything done, I simply say to it, "Be," and it is.[16:40]
183. And He (Allah) is the One who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon; each moving in its own orbit. [ Ambia: 21:33]

About religion
184. There shall be no compulsion in religion, the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in Allah has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. Allah is Hearer, Omniscient. : [Bakara: 2:256]
185. This is Allah's final message to humanity. All of Allah's prophets have come to this world, and all the scriptures have been delivered. The time has come to purify and consolidate all the messages delivered by Allah's prophets into one message, and to proclaim that henceforth, there is only one religion acceptable to Allah - "Submission" (Quran 3:19, 85).

About Quran
186. Alif Laam Mim. This scripture is infallible; a beacon for the righteous; who believe in the unseen, observe the Contact Prayers (Salat)*, and from our provisions **to them, they give to charity. And they believe in what was revealed to you, and in what was revealed before you*, and with regard to the Hereafter, they are absolutely certain. These are guided by their Lord; these are the winners. [Bakara: 2: 1- 5]
187. Absolutely, we have revealed the reminder, and, absolutely, we will preserve it. [Hijar: 15:9]
188. This provides enlightenments for the people, and guidance, and mercy for those who are certain. [Jajia: 45:20]
189. I have cited for the people every kind of example in this Quran, that they may take heed (Be Advised). [ Jumar: 39:27]
190. It (Quran) is in fact a message to the world. [Kalam: 68:52]

About Quran & salat
191. You shall recite what is revealed to you of the scripture, and observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), for the Contact Prayers prohibit evil and vice. But the remembrance of Allah (through Salat) is the most important objective. Allah knows everything you do. [Ankabut: 29:45]

FORGIVENESS
192. I am surely Forgiving for those who repent, believe, lead a righteous life, and steadfastly remain guided. [ Taw Ha: 20:82]

About Saitan
193. When I said to the angels, "Fall prostrate before Adam," they fell prostrate, except Satan (Saitan); he refused, was too arrogant, and a disbeliever. [ Bakara : 2:34]

About Believers
194. As for those who believe, and lead a righteous life, they will be the dwellers of Paradise; they abide in it forever. : [Bakara: 2:82]
195. We will surely test you through some fear, hunger, and loss of money, lives, and crops. Give good news to the steadfast. [2:155]
196. Righteousness is not turning your faces towards the east or the west. Righteous are those who believe in Allah, the Last Day, the angels, the scripture, and the prophets; and they give the money, cheerfully, to the relatives, the orphans, the needy, the traveling alien, the beggars, and to free the slaves; and they observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and give the obligatory charity (Zakat); and they keep their word whenever they make a promise; and they steadfastly persevere in the face of persecution, hardship, and war. These are the truthful; these are the righteous. [Bakara: 2:177]
197. The true believers are those whose hearts tremble when Allah is remembered/mentioned, and when His revelations are recited to them, their faith is strengthened, and they trust in their Lord. They observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), and from our provisions to them, they give to charity.[Anfal: 8: 2-3]
198. Adorned for the people are the worldly pleasures, such as the women, having children, piles upon piles of gold and silver, trained horses, livestock, and crops. These are the materials of this world. A far better abode is reserved at Allah. Say, "Let me inform you of a much better deal: for those who lead a righteous life, reserved at their Lord, are gardens with flowing streams, and pure spouses, and joy in Allah's blessings." Allah is viewer of His worshipers. [Al Imran:3:14-15]
199. Who observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), give the obligatory charity (Zakat), and they are, absolutely/ certainly they are believers to the Hereafter. [Al-Namal: 27:3]
200. Those who believe and lead a righteous life, we will surely settle them in Paradise, with mansions and flowing streams. Eternally they abide therein. What a beautiful reward for the workers. [Ankabut: 29:58]

About Fearing Allah/Takwah
201. The messenger of GOD has set up an excellent example for those among you who fear Allah and the Last Day, and always remember Allah. [Al-Azhab: 33:21]
202. O children of Adam, we have provided you with garments to cover your bodies, as well as for luxury. But the best garment is the garment of righteousness/takwah. These are some of Allah's signs, that they may take heed. [Araf:7:26]
203. Those who are righteous, whenever the devil approaches them with an idea, they become alert and their eyes open ( Understand right & wrong). [Araf: 7:201]

About Tawba
204. He is the One who accepts the repentance from His servants, and remits the sins. He is fully aware of everything you do. [Shura: 42:25]

About Mumin/Muttaki
205. The believing men and women are allies of one another. They advocate righteousness and forbid evil, they observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and give the obligatory charity (Zakat), and they obey Allah and His messenger. These will be showered by Allah's mercy. Allah is Almighty, Most Wise. [ Tawba: 9:71]
206. As for those who believe and lead a righteous life, their Lord guides them, by virtue of their belief. Rivers will flow beneath them in the gardens of bliss. [Yunus: 10:9]
207. Additionally, the reward in the Hereafter is even better for those who believe and lead a righteous life. [Yusuf:12:57]
208. The Hereafter - at your Lord - is far better for the righteous. [zukhrukh]
209. Mu'mens (believers) are those who believe in Allah and His messenger, then attain the status of having no doubt whatsoever, and strive with their money and their lives in the cause of Allah. These are the truthful ones. [Hujrat:49:15]
210. Surely, those who believe and lead a righteous life, the Most Gracious will shower them with love. [Maryam: 19:96]
211. As for those who worked righteousness, while believing, they will have no fear of injustice or adversity. [Taw Ha: 20:112]
212. As for those who strive in My cause, I will surely guide them in My paths. Most assuredly, Allah is with the pious. [Ankabut:29:69]
213. Successful indeed are the believers; who are reverent during their Contact Prayers (Salat). And they avoid vain talk. And they give their obligatory charity (Zakat). And they maintain their chastity. They are not to be blamed those who have sexual relations;. Only with their spouses or who are rightfully theirs, and Those who transgress these limits are the transgressors. When it comes to deposits entrusted to them, as well as any agreements they make, they are trustworthy. And they observe their Contact Prayers (Salat) regularly. Such are the inheritors. They will inherit Paradise, wherein they abide forever. [Muminun: 23: 1-11]
214. Those who serve the throne and all those around it glorify and praise their Lord, and believe in Him. And they ask forgiveness for those who believe: "Our Lord, Your mercy and Your knowledge encompass all things. Forgive those who repent and follow Your path, and spare them the retribution of Hell. [Mumin: 40:7]
215. Most assuredly, we will give victory to our messengers and to those who believe, both in this world and on the day the witnesses are summoned. [Mumin: 40:51]
216. As for those who are guided, He augments their guidance, and grants them their righteousness. [Mohammad: 47:17]
217. Most assuredly, we will give victory to our messengers and to those who believe, both in this world and on the day the witnesses are summoned. [Mumin: 40:51]
218. The righteous will enjoy shade and springs. And fruits that they desire. Eat and drink happily in return for your works. We thus reward the virtuous. [Mursilat: 77:41-44]
About Prophet Mohammad
219. I have sent you only as mercy ( Rahmat) from us towards the whole world. : [Al Ambia: 21:107]

About Woli-Allah
220. Absolutely, Allah's allies ( Awlias) have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve. [Yunus: 10:62]

About Salat
221. And woe to those who observe the contact prayers (Salat) who are totally heedless of their prayers. They only show off. And they forbid charity.[ Al-Maoon: 4-7]

ABOUT SAUM/ Fasting
222. O you who believe, fasting is decreed for you, as it was decreed for those before you, that you may attain salvation. [Bakara: 2:183]
223. We made them imams who guided in accordance with our commandments, and we taught them how to work righteousness, and how to observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and the obligatory charity (Zakat). To us, they were devoted worshipers.[21:73]

About Backbiting
224. Woe to every backbiter, slanderer. He hoards money and counts it. As if his money will make him immortal. Never; he will be thrown into the Devastator.

Do you know what the Devastator is? Allah's blazing Hellfire. [Humaja:104:1]

About asking from Allah
225. Once you complete your rites, you shall continue to commemorate Allah as you commemorate your own parents, or even better. Some people would say, "Our Lord, give us of this world," while having no share in the Hereafter. [Bakara: 2:200]

About Wealth
226. Money and children are the joys of this life, but the righteous works provide an eternal recompense from your Lord, and a far better hope. [Al-Kahf: 18:46]
227. You remain preoccupied with hoarding.Until you go to the graves. [Takasur: 102:1-2]

About Death
228. No one dies except by Allah's leave, at a predetermined time. Whoever seeks the vanities of this world, we give him therefrom, and whoever seeks the rewards of the Hereafter, we bless him therein. We reward those who are appreciative. : [ Al-Imran: 3:145]
229. Whether you die or get killed, you will be summoned before Allah. [3:157]
230. Whether you get killed or die in the cause of Allah, the forgiveness from Allah, and mercy are far better than anything they hoard.[3:158]
231. Everyone will taste death, then to us you will be ultimately returned. [Ankabut: 29:57]
About Killing
232. Anyone who kills a believer on purpose, his retribution is Hell, wherein he abides forever, Allah is angry with him, and condemns him, and has prepared for him a terrible retribution. [Nisa: 4:93]

About Justice
233. Among our creations, there are a group of people those who guide with the truth and do justice. [Araf:7:181]

About Shirk & Kufr
234. Allah does not forgive idol worship (if maintained until death),* and He forgives lesser offenses for whomever He wills. Anyone who idolizes any idol beside Allah has strayed far astray. [Nisa: 4:116]
235. As for those who disbelieve and reject our revelations, they are the dwellers of Hell. [Ma’eda: 5:86]
236. The majority of those who believe in Allah do not do so without committing idol worship. [Yusuf: 12:106]
237. Those who disbelieve and repel from the path of Allah, He nullifies their works. Those who believe and work righteousness, and believe in what was sent down to Muhammad - which is the truth from their Lord - He remits their sins, and blesses them with contentment. [Mohammad: 47:1-2]

ABOUT GRATEFULNESS & UNGRATEFULNESS:
238. The human being never tires of imploring for good things. And when adversity befalls him, he turns despondent, desperate.[Ha Mim : 41:49]
239. Your Lord has decreed: "The more you thank Me, the more I give you." But if you turn unappreciative, then My retribution is severe. [14:7]
About Ruhh/ Soul

240. Allah puts the souls to death when the end of their life comes, and also at the time of sleep. Thus, He takes some back during their sleep, while others are allowed to continue living until the end of their predetermined interim. This should provide lessons for people who reflect. [Jumar: 39:42]

241. Praise belongs to Allah, who sent deen the Book, and has put no crookedness in it. Surah Kaf, Ayyat 1

242. If you tried to number Allah's blessings. you could never count them. Allah is Ever-Forgiving, Most Merciful. Suah Nahl, Ayyat 18

243. Allah is always responsive to gratitude.. Surah Nisa Ayyat 147

244. This is apart of my Lords favor to test me, to see if I will give gratitude or show ingratitude. Whoever gives thanks only does so to his own gain. Who is ungrateful, my Lord is rich beyond need, Generous. Surah An Namal, Ayyat 40

About Spending Wealth/ Charity
245. They ask you about giving: say, "The charity you give shall go to the parents, the relatives, the orphans, the poor, and the traveling alien." Any good you do, Allah is fully aware thereof. [Bakara: 2:215]
246. Kind words and compassion are better than a charity that is followed by insult. Allah is Rich, Clement. [2:263]
247. Those who give to charity night and day, secretly and publicly, receive their recompense from their Lord; they will have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve. [2:274]
248. Do you know who really rejects the faith? That is the one who mistreats the orphans. And does not advocate the feeding of the poor. [Al-Maoon: 107:1-3

About Interest/Usury
249. Allah condemns usury, and blesses charities. Allah dislikes every disbeliever, guilty. [Bakara: 2:276]
About Bayat
250. Then there are those who dedicate their lives to serving Allah; Allah is compassionate towards such worshipers. [Bakara: 2:207]
About Oppression
251. Oppression is worse than murder." [Bakara: 2:217]

About Devorce
252. The divorcees also shall be provided for, equitably. This is a duty upon the righteous. [ Bakara: 2:241]

About disbelievers
253. "As for those who disbelieve and reject our revelations, they will be dwellers of Hell, wherein they abide forever." [ Bakara: 2:39]
254. This worldly life is adorned in the eyes of the disbelievers, and they ridicule those who believe. However, the righteous will be far above them on the Day of Resurrection. Allah blesses whomever He wills, without limits. [2:212]
255. Let them laugh a little, and cry a lot. This is the requital for the sins they have earned. [Tawba: 9:82]
256. If anyone thinks that Allah cannot support him in this life and in the Hereafter, let him turn completely to (his creator in) heaven, and sever (his dependence on anyone else). He will then see that this plan eliminates anything that bothers him. We have thus revealed clear revelations ( Quran) herein, then Allah guides whoever wills (to be guided). [Hajj: 22: 15-16]
253. While those who disbelieved and rejected our revelations have incurred a shameful retribution. Striving in the Cause of Allah. [Hajj:22: 57]

Result of Disregarding Allah
254. "As for the one who disregards My message, he will have a miserable life, and on the Day of Resurrection I will resurrect him as blind, " [20:124]

About SAFA & MARWAH
255. The knolls of Safa and Marwah are among the rites decreed by Allah. Anyone who observes Hajj or `Umrah commits no error by traversing the distance between them. If one volunteers more righteous works, then Allah is Appreciative, Omniscient. [Bakara:2:158]

About Haalal/Haaraam
256. He only prohibits for you the eating of animals that die of themselves (without human interference), blood, the meat of pigs, and animals dedicated to other than Allah. If one is forced (to eat these), without being malicious or deliberate, he incurs no sin. Allah is Forgiver, Most Merciful. : [Bakara: 2:173]

About Resurrection day
257. The horn will be blown, whereupon they will rise from the grave and go to their Lord. [Ya Sin: 36:51]
258. Quran is Honorable things for you & your people. This is a message for you and your people; that All of you will be questioned ( whether you followed the Instructions & restrictions mentioned in Quran). [Jukhrukh: 43:44]
259. Every single one in the heavens and the earth is a servant of the Most Gracious. He has encompassed them, and has counted them one by one. All of them will come before Him on the Day of Resurrection as individuals. [Maryam: 19: 93-95

260. The Reckoning for the people is approaching fast, but they are oblivious, averse. [21:1]
261. And that the Hour is coming, no doubt about it, and that Allah resurrects those who are in the graves. [Hajj: 22: 7]
262. When the horn is blown once. The earth and the mountains will be carried off and crushed; utterly crushed. That is the day when the inevitable event will come to pass. [Al-Haqqa: 69:13-15]
263. On that day, you will be exposed, nothing of you can be hidden. [Al-Haqqa:69:18]
264. O humans, you are irreversibly heading for a meeting with your Lord. As for the one who receives his record in his right hand, His reckoning will be easy. He will return to his people joyfully. [Al-Inshiqaq:84: 6-9]
265. As for the one who receives his record behind his back, He will be ridden with remorse. And will burn in Hell. [Al-Inshiqaq: 84: 10-12]

About Heaven & Hell
267. Surely, the tree of bitterness will be the food for the sinful. Like lye, it will boil in the stomachs. Like the boiling of hellish drinks. [44:43]
268. Allah created the heavens and the earth for a specific purpose, in order to pay each soul for whatever it earned, without the least injustice. [Jajia: 45:22]

Allah’s Mercy
269. As for those who believe and work righteousness, their Lord will admit them into His mercy. This is the great triumph. [45:30]
270. And whomever Allah guides, nothing can send him astray. Is not Allah Almighty, Avenger? [Jumar: 39:37]

ABOUT HELL: We appointed angels to be guardians of Hell, and we assigned their number (19) (1) to disturb the disbelievers, (2) to convince the Christians and Jews (that this is a divine scripture), (3) to strengthen the faith of the faithful, (4) to remove all traces of doubt from the hearts of Christians, Jews, as well as the believers, and (5) to expose those who harbor doubt in their hearts, and the disbelievers; they will say, "What did Allah mean by this allegory?" Allah thus sends astray whomever He wills, and guides whomever He wills. None knows the soldiers of your Lord except He. This is a reminder for the people.[ Mudassir: 74:31]

IMPORTANT MUNAJAT (SUBMISSION TO ALMIGHTY ALLAH)
[2:250] When they faced Goliath and his troops, they prayed, "Our Lord, grant us steadfastness, strengthen our foothold, and support us against the disbelieving people."
[2:286] "Our Lord, do not condemn us if we forget or make mistakes. Our Lord, and protect us from blaspheming against You, like those before us have done. Our Lord, protect us from sinning until it becomes too late for us to repent. Pardon us and forgive us. You are our Lord and Master. Grant us victory over the disbelieving
3. [3:8] "Our Lord, let not our hearts waver, now that You have guided us. Shower us with Your mercy; You are the Grantor.
[3:9] "Our Lord, You will surely gather the people on a day that is inevitable. Allah never breaks a promise."
[3:53] "Our Lord, we have believed in what You have sent down, and we have followed the messenger; count us among the witnesses."

[3:147] Their only utterance was, "Our Lord, forgive us our sins, and our transgressions, strengthen our foothold, and grant us victory over the disbelievers."

[3:193] "Our Lord, we have heard a caller calling to faith and proclaiming: `You shall believe in your Lord,' and we have believed. Our Lord, forgive us our transgressions, remit our sins, and let us die as righteous believers.
[3:194] "Our Lord, shower us with the blessings you promised us through Your messengers, and do not forsake us on the Day of Resurrection. You never break a promise."

[10:85] They said, "We trust in Allah. Our Lord, save us from the persecution of these oppressive people.

[14:40] "My Lord, make me one who consistently observes the Contact Prayers (Salat), and also my children. Our Lord, please answer my prayers.
[14:41] "My Lord, forgive me and my parents, and the believers, on the day when the reckoning takes place."

[18:10] When the youths took refuge in the cave, they said, "Our Lord, shower us with Your mercy, and bless our affairs with Your guidance."

"My Lord, cool my temper. "And make this matter easy for me. "And untie a knot from my tongue. "So they can understand my speech. [Taw Ha:135:25-28]
114. Our Lord, accept this from us. You are the Hearer, the Omniscient.

[23:94] "My Lord, let me not be one of the transgressing people."

[23:97] Say, "My Lord, I seek refuge in You from the whispers of the devils.

[23:118] Say, "My Lord, shower us with forgiveness and mercy. Of all the merciful ones, You are the Most Merciful."

[26:83] "My Lord, grant me wisdom, and include me with the righteous.

[27:19] He smiled and laughed at her statement, and said, "My Lord, direct me to be appreciative of the blessings You have bestowed upon me and my parents, and to do the righteous works that please You. Admit me by Your mercy into the company of Your righteous servants."

[37:100] "My Lord, grant me righteous children."
[/B]

please do say if u think there is a fault in the article.:D

OsMaN_93

Here to help
http://www.irf.net/irf/faqonislam/index.htm

TEN MOST COMMON QUESTIONS ASKED BY CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES AGAINST ISLAM

by
Dr. Zakir Naik

1. QUR’AN PLAGIARIZED FROM THE BIBLE :

Question

Is it not true that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) has copied the Qur’an from the Bible?

Answer

Many critics allege that Prophet Muhummad (pbuh) himself was not the author of the Qur’an but he learnt it and/or plagiarised (copied or adapted) it from other human sources or from previous scriptures or revelations.

1. MUHUMMAD LEARNT THE QUR’AN FROM A ROMAN BLACKSMITH WHO WAS A CHRISTIAN

Some Pagans accused the Prophet of learning the Qur’an from a Roman Blacksmith, who was a Christian staying at the outskirts of Makkah. The Prophet very often used to go and watch him do his work. A revelation of the Qur’an was sufficient to dismiss this charge - the Qur’an says in Surah An-Nahl chapter 16 verse 103:

"We know indeed that they say, ‘It is a man that teaches him,’ The tongue of him they wickedly point to is notably foreign, while this is Arabic, pure and clear."
[Al-Qur’an 16:103]

How could a person whose mother tongue was foreign and could hardly speak little but of poor broken Arabic be the source of the Qur’an which is pure, eloquent, fine Arabic? To believe that the blacksmith taught the Prophet the Qur’an is some what similar to believing that a Chinese immigrant to England, who did not know proper English, taught Shakespeare.

2. MUHUMMAD (PBUH) LEARNT FROM WARAQA - THE RELATIVE OF KHADIJAH (RA)

Muhummad’s (pbuh) contacts with the Jewish and Christian Scholars were very limited. The most prominent Christian known to him was an old blind man called Waraqa ibn-Naufal who was a relative of the Prophet’s first wife Khadijah (r.a.). Although of Arab descent, he was a convert to Christianity and was very well versed with the New Testament. The Prophet only met him twice, first when Waraqa was worshipping at the Kaaba (before the Prophetic Mission) and he kissed the Prophet’s forehead affectionately; the second occasion was when the Prophet went to meet Waraqa after receiving the first revelation. Waraqa died three years later and the revelation continued for about 23 years. It is ridiculous to assume that Waraqa was the source of the contents of the Qur’an.

3. PROPHET’S RELIGIOUS DISCUSSIONS WITH THE JEWS AND CHRISTIANS

It is true that the Prophet did have religious discussions with the Jews and Christians but they took place in Madinah more than 13 years after the revelation of the Qur’an had started. The allegation that these Jews and Christians were the source is perverse, since in these discussions Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was performing the roles of a teacher and of a preacher while inviting them to embrace Islam and pointing out that they had deviated from their true teachings of Monotheism. Several of these Jews and Christians later embraced Islam.

4. THE PROPHET LEARNT THE QUR’AN FROM THOSE JEWS AND CHRISTIANS THAT HE MET OUTSIDE ARABIA

All historical records available show that Muhummad (pbuh) had made only three trips outside Makkah before his Prophethood:

At the age of 9 he accompanied his mother to Madinah.

Between the age of 9 and 12, he accompanied his uncle Abu-Talib on a business trip to Syria.

At the age of 25 he led Khadija’s Caravan to Syria.

It is highly imaginary to assume that the Qur’an resulted from the occasional chats and meetings with the Christians or Jews from any of the above three trips.

5. LOGICAL GROUNDS TO PROVE THAT THE PROPHET DID NOT LEARN THE QUR’AN FROM JEWS OR CHRISTIANS

1. The day-to-day life of the Prophet was an open book for all to see. In fact a revelation came asking people to give the Prophet (pbuh) privacy in his own home. If the Prophet had been meeting people who told him what to say as a revelation from God, this would not have been hidden for very long.
2. The extremely prominent Quraish nobles who followed the Prophet and accepted Islam were wise and intelligent men who would have easily noticed anything suspicious about the way in which the Prophet brought the revelations to them - more so since the Prophetic mission lasted 23 years.
3. The enemies of the Prophet kept a close watch on him in order to find proof for their claim that he was a liar - they could not point out even a single instance when the Prophet may have had a secret rendezvous with particular Jews and Christians.
4. It is inconceivable that any human author of the Qur’an would have accepted a situation in which he received no credit whatsoever for originating the Qur’an.

Thus, historically and logically it cannot be established that there was a human source for the Qur’an.

6. MUHUMMAD (PBUH) WAS AN ILLITERATE

The theory that Muhummad (pbuh) authored the Qur’an or copied from other sources can be disproved by the single historical fact that he was illiterate.

Allah testifies Himself in the Qur’an
In Surah Al-Ankabut chapter no.29 verse 48

"And thou was not (able) to recite a Book before this (Book came), nor art thou (able) to transcribe it with thy right hand: in that case, indeed, would the talkers of vanities have doubted."
[Al-Qur’an 29:48]

Allah (swt) knew that many would doubt the authenticity of the Qur’an and would ascribe it to Prophet Muhummad (pbuh). Therefore Allah in His Divine Wisdom chose the last and final Messenger to be an ‘Ummi’, i.e. unlettered, so that the talkers of vanity would not then have the slightest justification to doubt the Prophet. The accusation of his enemies that he had copied the Qur’an from other sources and rehashed it all in a beautiful language might have carried some weight, but even this flimsy pretence has been deprived to the unbeliever and the cynic.

Allah reconfirms in the Qur’an in Surah Al A’raf chapter 7 verse 157:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (Scriptures) in the Law and the Gospel"

The prophecy of coming of the unlettered Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) is also mentioned in the Bible in the book of Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12.

"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned."
[Isaiah 29:12]

The Qur’an testifies in no less than four different places that the Prophet (pbuh) was illiterate. It is also mentioned in Surah A’raf chapter 7 verse 158 and in Surah Al-Jumu’a chapter 62 verse 2.

7. ARABIC VERSION OF THE BIBLE WAS NOT PRESENT

The Arabic version of the Bible was not present at the time of Prophet Muhummad (pbuh). The earliest Arabic version of the Old Testament is that of R. Saadias Gaon of 900 C.E. - more than 250 years after the death of our beloved Prophet. The oldest Arabic version of the new Testament was published by Erpenius in 1616 C.E. - about a thousand years after the demise of our Prophet.

8. SIMILARITIES IN THE QUR’AN AND THE BIBLE DUE TO COMMON SOURCE

Similarities between the Qur’an and the Bible does not necessarily mean that the former has been copied from the latter. In fact it gives evidence that both of them are based on a common third source; all divine revelations came from the same source - the one universal God. No matter what human changes were introduced into some of these Judeo-Christian and other older religious scriptures that had distorted their originality, there are some areas that have remained free from distortion and thus are common to many religions.

It is true that there are some similar parallels between the Qur’an and the Bible but this is not sufficient to accuse Muhummad :)saw:[peace be upon him]) of compiling or copying from the Bible. The same logic would then also be applicable to teachings of Christianity and Judaism and thus one could wrongly claim that Jesus (pbuh) was not a genuine Prophet (God forbid) and that he simply copied from the Old Testament.

The similarities between the two signify a common source that is one true God and the continuation of the basic message of monotheism and not that the later prophets have plagiarised from the previous prophets.

If someone copies during an examination he will surely not write in the answer sheet that he has copied from his neighbour or Mr. XYZ. Prophet Muhummad (pbuh) gave due respect and credit to all the previous prophets (pbut). The Qur’an also mentions the various revelations given by Almighty God to different prophets.

9. MUSLIMS BELIEVE IN THE TAURAH, ZABOOR, INJEEL AND QUR’AN

Four revelations of Allah (swt) are mentioned by name in the Qur’an: the Taurah, the Zaboor, the Injeel and the Qur’an.

Taurah, the revelation i.e. the Wahi given to Moosa (a. s.) i.e. Moses (pbuh).
Zaboor, the revelation i.e. the Wahi given to Dawood (a.s.) i.e. David (pbuh).
Injeel, the revelation i.e. the Wahi given to Isa (A.S.) ie. Jesus (pbuh).
‘Al-Qur’an’, the last and final Wahi i.e. revelation given to the last and final Messenger Muhammad (pbuh).

It is an article of faith for every Muslim to believe in all the Prophets of God and all revelations of God. However, the present day Bible has the first five books of the Old Testament attributed to Moses and the Psalms attributed to David. Moreover the New Testament or the four Gospels of the New Testament are not the Taurah, the Zaboor or the Injeel, which the Qur’an refers to. These books of the present day Bible may partly contain the word of God but these books are certainly not the exact, accurate and complete revelations given to the prophets.

The Qur’an presents all the different prophets of Allah as belonging to one single brotherhood; all had a similar prophetic mission and the same basic message. Because of this, the fundamental teachings of the major faiths cannot be contradictory, even if there has been a considerable passage of time between the different prophetic missions, because the source of these missions was one: Almighty God, Allah. This is why the Qur’an says that the differences which exist between various religions are not the responsibility of the prophets, but of the followers of these prophets who forgot part of what they had been taught, and furthermore, misinterpreted and changed the scriptures. The Qur’an cannot therefore be seen as a scripture which competes with the teachings of Moses, Jesus and the other prophets. On the contrary, it confirms, completes and perfects the messages that they brought to their people.

Another name for the Qur’an is the ‘The Furqan’ which means the criteria to judge the right from the wrong, and it is on the basis of the Qur’an that we can decipher which part of the previous scriptures can be considered to be the word of God.

10. SCIENTIFIC COMPARISON BETWEEN QUR’AN AND BIBLE

If you glance through the Bible and the Qur’an you may find several points which appear to be exactly the same in both of them, but when you analyse them closely, you realise that there is a difference of ‘chalk and cheese’ between them. Only based on historical details it is difficult for someone who is neither conversant with Christianity or Islam to come to a firm decision as to which of the scriptures is true; however if you verify the relevant passages of both the scriptures against scientific knowledge, you will yourself realize the truth.

Creation of the Universe in Six Days
As per the Bible, in the first book of Genesis in Chapter One, the universe was created in six days and each day is defined as a twenty-four hours period. Even though the Qur’an mentions that the universe was created in six ‘Ayyaams’, ‘Ayyaam’ is the plural of years; this word has two meanings: firstly, it means a standard twenty-four hours period i.e. a day, and secondly, it also means stage, period or epoch which is a very long period of time.

When the Qur’an mentions that the universe was created in six ‘Ayyaams’, it refers to the creation of the heavens and the earth in six long periods or epochs; scientists have no objection to this statement. The creation of the universe has taken billions of years, which proves false or contradicts the concept of the Bible which states that the creation of the Universe took six days of twenty-four hour durations each.

Sun Created After the Day
The Bible says in chapter 1, verses 3-5, of Genesis that the phenomenon of day and night was created on the first day of creation of the Universe by God. The light circulating in the universe is the result of a complex reaction in the stars; these stars were created according to the Bible (Genesis chapter 1 verse 14 to 19) on the fourth day. It is illogical to mention the result that is the light (the phenomenon of day and night) was created on the first day of Creation when the cause or source of the light was created three days later. Moreover the existence of evening and morning as elements of a single day is only conceivable after the creation of the earth and its rotation around the sun. In contrast with the contents of the Bible on this issue, the Qur’an does not give any unscientific sequence of Creation. Hence it is absolutely absurd to say that Prophet Muhummad (pbuh) copied the passages pertaining to the creation of the universe from the Bible but missed out this illogical and fantastic sequence of the Bible.

Creation of the Sun, The Earth and the Moon
According to the Bible, Book of Genesis, chapter 1, verses 9 to 13, the earth was created on the third day, and as per verses 14 to 19, the sun and the moon were created on the fourth day. The earth and the moon emanated, as we know, from their original star, the Sun. Hence to place the creation of the sun and the moon after the creation of the earth is contrary to the established idea about the formation of the solar system.

Vegetation Created on the third day and Sun on the fourth day
According to the Bible, Book of Genesis, chapter 1, verses 11-13, vegetation was created on the third day along with seed-bearing grasses, plants and trees; and further on as per verses 14-19, the sun was created on the fourth day. How is it scientifically possible for the vegetation to have appeared without the presence of the sun, as has been stated in the Bible?

If Prophet Muhummad (pbuh) was indeed the author of the Qur’an and had copied its contents from the Bible, how did he manage to avoid the factual errors that the Bible contains? The Qur’an does not contain any statements which are incompatible with scientific facts.

The Sun and the Moon both Emit light
According to the Bible both the sun and the moon emit their own light. In the Book of Genesis, chapter 1, verse 16 says, "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night".

Science tells us today that the moon does not have its own light. This confirms the Qur’anic concept that the light of the moon is a reflected light. To think that 1400 years ago, Prophet Muhummad (pbuh) corrected these scientific errors in the Bible and then copied such corrected passages in the Qur’an is to think of something impossible.

11. ADAM (PBUH), THE FIRST MAN ON EARTH, LIVED 5,800 YEARS AGO

As per the genealogy of Jesus Christ given in the Bible, from Jesus through Abraham (pbuh) to the first man on earth i.e. Adam (pbuh), Adam appeared on the earth approximately 5800 years ago:

1. 1948 years between Adam (pbuh) and Abraham (pbuh)
2. Approximately 1800 years between Abraham (pbuh) and Jesus (pbuh)
3. 2000 years from Jesus (pbuh) till today

These figures are further confused by the fact that the Jewish calendar is currently on or about 5800 years old.

There is sufficient evidence from archaeological and anthropological sources to suggest that the first human being on earth was present tens of thousands of years ago and not merely 5,800 years ago as is suggested by the Bible.
The Qur’an too speaks about Adam (pbuh) as the first man on earth but it does not suggest any date or period of his life on earth, unlike the Bible - what the Bible says in this regard is totally incompatible with science.

12. NOAH (PBUH) AND THE FLOOD

The Biblical description of the flood in Genesis chapter 6, 7 and 8 indicates that the deluge was universal and it destroyed every living thing on earth, except those present with Noah (pbuh) in the ark. The description suggests that the event took place 1656 years after the creation of Adam (pbuh) or 292 years before the birth of Abraham, at a time when Noah (pbuh) was 600 years old. Thus the flood may have occurred in the 21st or 22nd Century B.C.

This story of the flood, as given in the Bible, contradicts scientific evidence from archaelogical sources which indicate that the eleventh dynasty in Egypt and the third dynasty in Babylonia were in existence without any break in civilisation and in a manner totally unaffected by any major calamity which may have occurred in the 21st century B.C. This contradicts the Biblical story that the whole world had been immersed in the flood water. In contrast to this, the Qur’anic presentation of the story of Noah and the flood does not conflict with scientific evidence or archaeological data; firstly, the Qur’an does not indicate any specific date or year of the occurance of that event, and secondly, according to the Qur’an the flood was not a universal phenomenon which destroyed complete life on earth. In fact the Qur’an specifically mentions that the flood was a localised event only involving the people of Noah.

It is illogical to assume that Prophet Muhummad (pbuh) had borrowed the story of the flood from the Bible and corrected the mistakes before mentioning it in the Qur’an.

13. MOSES (PBUH) AND PHARAOH OF THE EXODUS

The story of Moses (pbuh) and the Pharaoh of the Exodus are very much identical in the Qur’an and the Bible. Both scriptures agree that the Pharaoh drowned when he tried to pursue Moses (pbuh) and led the Israelites across a stretch of water that they crossed. The Qur’an gives an additional piece of information in Surah Yunus chapter 10 verse 92:

"This day shall We save thee in thy body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! But verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!"
[Al-Qur’an 10:92]

Dr. Maurice Bucaille, after a thorough research proved that although Rameses II was known to have persecuted the Israelites as per the Bible, he actually died while Moses (pbuh) was taking refuge in Median. Rameses II’s son Merneptah who succeeded him as Pharaoh drowned during the exodus. In 1898, the mummified body of Merneptah was found in the valley of Kings in Egypt. In 1975, Dr. Maurice Bucaille with other doctors received permission to examine the Mummy of Merneptah, the findings of which proved that Merneptah probably died from drowning or a violent shock which immediately preceeded the moment of drowning. Thus the Qur’anic verse that we shall save his body as a sign, has been fulfilled by the Pharaohs’ body being kept at the Royal Mummies room in the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.

This verse of the Qur’an compelled Dr. Maurice Bucaille, who was a Christian then, to study the Qur’an. He later wrote a book ‘The Bible, the Qur’an and Science’, and confessed that the author of the Qur’an can be no one else besides God Himself. Thus he embraced Islam.

14. QUR’AN IS A BOOK FROM ALLAH

These evidences are sufficient to conclude that the Qur’an was not copied from the Bible, but that the Qur’an is the Furqaan - ‘the Criteria’ to judge right from wrong and it should be used to decipher which portion of the Bible may be considered as the Word of God.

The Qur’an itself testifies in Surah Sajda chapter 32 verse 1 to 3

Alif Laam Meem.

(This is) the revelation of the Book in which there is no doubt – from the Lord of the Worlds.

Or do they say, ‘He has forged it’? Nay, it is the Truth from thy Lord, that thou mayest admonish a people to whom no warner has come before thee: in order that they may receive guidance."
[Al-Qur’an 32:1-3]

:ma::salam2:

OsMaN_93

Here to help

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MARY AND MIRIAM

Question

It is mentioned in your Qur’an that Mary was the sister of Aaron (pbuh). Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who wrote the Qur’an did not know the difference between Miriam the sister of Aaron (pbuh) and Mary the Mother of Jesus (pbuh), the time span between both of them was about a thousand years.

Answer

1. IN THE SEMITIC LANGUAGES SISTER ALSO MEANS DESCENDANT

The Qur’an mentions in Surah Maryam, Chapter 19 verses 27-28

"At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: ‘O Mary! Truly an amazing thing hast thou brought!

O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!’"
[Al-Qur’an 19:27-28]

Christian missionaries say that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him :saw:) did not know the difference between Mary the mother of Jesus (pbuh) and Miriam the sister of Aaron :)saw:). The time span between both was more than a thousand years.

In the Arabic construction of the sentence, sister is also considered as a descendant. Thus, when the people said to Mary, Ukhta Haroon i.e. ‘sister of Aaron’ it actually means descendant of Aaron :)saw:).

2. SON ALSO MEANS DESCENDANT

It is mentioned in the Gospel of Mathew, Chapter 1 verse 1

"Jesus Christ, the son of David,....".
[Mathew 1:1]

Gospel of Luke Chapter 3, verse 23

"And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, ....."
[Luke 3:23]

DID JESUS (PBUH) HAVE TWO FATHERS?

What do you call a person who has two fathers? The explanation of the phrase that Jesus (pbuh) was the son of David (pbuh), is that Jesus (pbuh) was a descendant of David (pbuh). ‘Son’, here means a descendant.

:tti_sister: may Allah help the us guide the unbelievers.
And Allah knows best.

OsMaN_93

Here to help

JESUS (PBUH) DID NOT DIE

Question

Is it not true that your Qur’an mentions in Surah Maryam, Chapter 19 verse 33 that Jesus (pbuh) died and was resurrected?

Answer

JESUS :)saw:[peace be upon him]) SAID, "THE DAY THAT I DIE", NOT "THE DAY THAT I DIED"

It is mentioned in Surah Maryam, Chapter 19 verse 33

"So Peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die and the Day that I shall be raised up to life (again)".
[Al-Qur’an 19:33]

The Qur’an mentions that Jesus (pbuh) said "Peace is on me the Day I was born, the day that I die". It is not stated "the day that I died". It is in the future tense and not in the past tense.

1. JESUS (PBUH) WAS RAISED UP ALIVE

The Qur’an further says in Surah Nisa, Chapter 4 verse 157-158:

"That they said (in boast), ‘We killed Jesus Christ the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah’ – But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not –

Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is exalted in Power, Wise."
[Al-Qur’an 4:157-158]

JESUS IS "A WORD" OF ALLAH AND A "SPIRIT" FROM ALLAH

Question

Does not your Qur’an mention that Jesus is Kalimatullah –"The Word of Allah (swt)", as well as Ruhullah – "The Spirit of Allah", indicating his Divinity?

Answer
1. JESUS (PBUH) "IS A WORD FROM ALLAH" NOT "THE WORD OF ALLAH"

The Qur’an mentions in Surah Ali ‘Imran Chapter 3 verse 45

"Behold! The angels said: O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus. The son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those Nearest to Allah.
[Al-Qur’an 3:45]

Jesus (pbuh :saw:) is referred in the Qur’an as a word from Allah and not as ‘the word of Allah’.

"A word" of Allah means a message of Allah. If a person is referred to as "a word" from Allah, it means that he is a Messenger or a Prophet of Allah.

2. THE TITLE OF A PROPHET (PBUH :saw:) DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT EXCLUSIVELY BELONGS TO THAT PROPHET (PBUH )

Different titles are given to different prophets (pbuT). Whenever a title is given to a prophet (pbuh:saw:), it does not necessarily mean that the other prophets do not have the same characteristic or quality. For e.g. Prophet Abraham (pbuh) is referred to in the Qur’an as Khaleelullah, a friend of Allah. This does not indicate that all the other Prophets (pbuh) were not the friends of Allah. Prophet Moses (pbuh) is referred to in the Qur’an as Kaleemullah, indicating that God spoke to him. This does not mean that God did not speak to others. Similarly when Jesus (pbuh) is referred to in the Qur’an as Kalimatullah, "a word from Allah", it does not mean that the other Prophets were not "the word," of Allah.

3. JOHN THE BAPTIST (PBUH:saw:) IS ALSO CALLED "A WORD" OF ALLAH

Yahya (pbuh) i.e. John the Baptist (pbuh) is also referred to in the Qur’an as Kalimatullah i.e. a word of Allah in Surah Ali ‘Imran, Chapter 3, verses 38-39

"There did Zakariya Pray to his Lord, saying: "O my Lord! Grant unto me from Thee a progeny that is pure: for Thou art He that heareth prayer!

While he was standing in prayer in the chamber, the angels called unto him: "Allah doth give thee glad tidings of Yahya, witnessing the truth of a Word from Allah, and (be besides) noble, chaste, and a Prophet – of the (goodly) company of the righteous."
[Al-Qur’an 3:39]

4. JESUS (PBUH) REFERRED AS RUHULLAH – A SPIRIT OF ALLAH

Jesus (pbuh) also never referred to as Ruhullah "a spirit of Allah" but as a spirit from Allah in Surah Nisa Chapter 4 verse 171

"O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Jesus Christ the son of Mary was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah, And His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not ‘Trinity’: desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is One God: glory be to Him: (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs."
[Al-Qur’an 4:171]

5. SPIRIT OF ALLAH IS BREATHED IN EVERY HUMAN BEING

A spirit from Allah does not indicate that Jesus (pbuh) is God. The Qur’an mentions in several places that Allah breathed into the human beings "His Spirit" in Surah Al-Hijr, chapter 15 verse 29 in Surah Sajdah, chapter 32 verse 9

Surah Al Hijr Chapter 15 verse 29

"When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him."
[Al-Qur’an 15:29]

Surah Sajdah Chapter 32 verse 9

"But He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him something of His spirit. And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and sight and feeling (and understanding): little thanks do ye give!"
[Al-Qur’an 32:9]

and Allah certainly knows best.:ma:

OsMaN_93

Here to help

IS NOT THE QUR’AN WRITTEN BY SATAN?

Question

The Qur’an is not the Word of God but on the contrary the handiwork of Satan.

Answer

In reply to a similar allegation put forward by the pagans of Makkah, that the prophet (pbuh) received the revelations from Satan, the following verses were revealed:

Surah Waqiah, chapter 56 verses 77-80

"That this is indeed
A Qur’an most honourable,

In a Book well-guarded,

Which none shall touch
But those who are clean:

A Revelation from the Lord
Of the Worlds."

Kitabim Maknoon means a book well guarded or a protected book, referring to Lauh-e-Mahfooz in the heaven, which none shall touch except the Mutahhareen. i.e. those who do not have any uncleanliness or impurity or evil like sin. This refers to the angels. The satan is absolutely prohibited.

Thus since it is impossible for satan to come anywhere close to it or touch it, the question of him writing the verses of the Glorious Qur’an does not arise.

It is further mentioned in Surah Shura, chapter 26 verse 210-212

"No evil ones have brought
Down this (Revelation):

It would neither suit them
Nor would they be able (To produce it).

Indeed they have been removed
Far from even (a chance of)
Hearing it."

Many people have a wrong concept of satan. They think that satan can probably do everything, except a couple of things that God can do. According to them, satan is slightly below God in power. Since the people do not want to accept that the Qur’an is a miraculous revelation, they say that it is satan’s handiwork.

If satan would have written the Qur’an, he would not have mentioned in the same Qur’an in Surah Nahl, chapter 16 verse no. 98

"When thou does read
The Qur’an, seek Allah’s protection from Satan the Rejected One."

Is this how you feel satan would write a book? Does he tell you; "Before you read my book ask God to save you from me?"

There are several verses in the Qur’an which will give enough evidence that satan is not the author of the Qur’an.

In Surah Al Aaraf chapter 7 verse 200

"If a suggestion from Satan assail your (mind),
seek refuge with Allah; for He hears and knows
(all things)".

Why would satan tell his followers, that whenever he gives any suggestions to them, they should seek refuge in Allah (swt) to whom he is an avowed enemy.

In Surah Baqarah, chapter 2 verse 168

"O ye people!
Eat of what is on earth, lawful and good;
and do not follow the footsteps of the Evil one,
For he is to you an avowed enemy."

In Surah Yasin, chapter 36 verse 60

"Did I not enjoin on you,
O ye children of Adam,
that ye should not worship Satan;

for that he was to you an enemy avowed?"

Satan is intelligent, no wonder that he can put this idea into the minds of people that he himself wrote the Qur’an. Compared to Almighty God, Satan is insignificant, and Allah (swt) is far more intelligent. He knows satan’s evil intentions and hence no wonder that He has given the reader of the Qur’an several proofs to show that Qur’an is God’s word, and not satan’s word.

The Bible mentions in the Gospel of Mark, chapter 3, verses 24-26

"And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that
kingdom cannot stand."

"And if a house be divided against itself,
that house cannot stand."

"And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end."

OsMaN_93

Here to help

Inheritance

Q15. Why Islam proposes a discriminatory share of Inheritance by giving women only half of what men receive?

Muhammad Muinul Islam
[email protected]

The Glorious Qur’an contains specific and detailed guidance regarding the division of the inherited wealth, among the rightful beneficiaries. The Qur’anic verses that contain guidance regarding inheritance are: Surah Baqarah, chapter 2 verse 180, Surah Baqarah, chapter 2 verse 240, Surah Nisa, chapter 4 verse 7-9, Surah Nisa, chapter 4 verse 19, Surah Nisa, chapter 4 verse 33 and Surah Maidah, chapter 5 verse 106-108.

There are three verses in the Qur’an that broadly describe the share of close relatives i.e. Surah Nisa chapter 4 verses 11, 12 and 176. The translation of these verses is as follows: “Allah (thus) directs you as regards your children’s (inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females, if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; If only one, her share is a half. For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left children; If no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased left brothers (or sisters) the mother has a sixth. (The distribution in all cases is) after the payment of legacies and debts. You know not whether your parents or your children are nearest to you in benefit. These are settled portions ordained by Allah; and Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.

In what your wives leave, your share is half, If they leave no child, but if they leave a child, you get a fourth; after payment of legacies and debts. In what you leave; their share is a fourth, if you leave no child; but if you leave a child, they get an eight; after payment of legacies and debts. If the man or woman whose inheritance is in question, has left neither ascendants nor descendants, but has left a brother or a sister, each one of the two gets a sixth; but if more than two, they share in a third; after payment of legacies and debts; so that no loss is caused (to anyone). Thus it is ordained by Allah; and Allah is All-Knowing Most Forbearing” [Al-Qur’an 4:11-12]

“They ask thee for a legal decision. Say: Allah directs (thus) about those who leave no descendants or ascendants as heirs. If it is a man that dies, leaving a sister but no child, she shall have half the inheritance. If (such a deceased was) a woman who left no child, her brother takes her inheritance: If there are two sisters, they shall have two thirds of the inheritance (between them). If there are brothers and sisters, (they share), the male having twice the share of the female. Thus doth Allah (swt) make clear to you (His law), lest you err. And Allah has knowledge of all things. [Al-Qur’an 4:176]

In most of the cases, a woman inherits half of what her male counterpart inherits. However, this is not always the case. In case the deceased has left no ascendant or descendant but has left the uterine brother and sister, each of the two inherit one sixth. If the deceased has left children, both the parents that is mother and father get an equal share and inherit one sixth each. In certain cases, a woman can also inherit a share that is double that of the male. If the deceased is a woman who has left no children, brothers or sisters and is survived only by her husband, mother and father, the husband inherits half the property while the mother inherits one third and the father the remaining one sixth. In this particular case, the mother inherits a share that is double that of the father. It is true that as a general rule, in most cases, the female inherits a share that is half that of the male. For instance in the following cases:

1. Daughter inherits half of what the son inherits,
2. Wife inherits 1/8th and husband 1/4th if the deceased has no children.
3. Wife inherits 1/4th and husband 1/2 if the deceased has children
4. If the deceased has no ascendant or descendent, the sister inherits a share that is half that of the brother.

In Islam a woman has no financial obligation and the economical responsibility lies on the shoulders of the man. Before a woman is married it is the duty of the father or brother to look after the lodging, boarding, clothing and other financial requirements of the woman. After she is married it is the duty of the husband or the son. Islam holds the man financially responsible for fulfilling the needs of his family. In order to do be able to fulfill the responsibility the men get double the share of the inheritance. For example, if a man dies and after giving the shares of other relatives, if the children (i.e one son and one daughter) inherit Rs. One Hundred and Fifty Thousand, the son will inherit One Hundred Thousand rupees and the daughter only Fifty Thousand rupees. Out of the one hundred thousand which the son inherits, as his duty towards his family, he may have to spend on them almost the entire amount or say about eighty thousand and thus he has a small percentage of inheritance, say about twenty thousand, left for himself. On the other hand, the daughter, who inherits fifty thousand, is not bound to spend a single penny on anybody. She can keep the entire amount for herself. Would you prefer inheriting one hundred thousand rupees and spending eighty thousand from it, or inheriting fifty thousand rupees and having the entire amount to yourself?

:ma:And Allah (SWT) knows best.