"...the one without Ghayrah is one without Religion"

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
"...the one without Ghayrah is one without Religion"
Ibn Al-Qayyim, Rahimahullaah, said:

“And the Dayyouth is the most vile of Allah’s creation, and Jannah is forbidden for him, (because of his lack of Ghayrah - jealousy).

The foundation of the Religion is Ghayrah, and the one without Ghayrah is one without Religion, for Ghayrah protects the heart and enlivens the limbs, and shields one from evil and lewdness, and lack of Ghayrah kills the heart so that the limbs die, so that there remains not even shielding from [the minor things].

And the example of Ghayrah in the heart is the example of the strength that shields one from sickness and fights it off, so if the strength leaves, he will be faced with the sickness, and will not find any thing to protect himself from it, so it will establish itself [within him] and destroy him.”
Ad-Daa’ Wad-Dawaa’, p.77

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Masha'allah! May Allah swt reward you for sharing this ukhty.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

who is dayyooth? eg. the one who see that his wife/daughter are wearing tank-tops and mini skirts or having guy friends and he keeps silent. right?

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
the thing that brother ahmed has mentioned is something very big in terms of islam .....i think its the anger that erupts in the mind of a father , brother or husband while watching their females relatives vulgar in all terms......... if someone dont feels that is dayyooth..............that is what i understand and Allah knows the best

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
:wasalam:,

who is dayyooth? eg. the one who see that his wife/daughter are wearing tank-tops and mini skirts or having guy friends and he keeps silent. right?

Yes akhi, that is what I have always understood. Actually the word is quite similar to a Malay word - dayus - which also refer to a man who does nothing, keep silent whenever he sees his wife/children doing al-mungkaar but yet, no attempt to resist it.

Allaah knows best.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Yes akhi, that is what I have always understood. Actually the word is quite similar to a Malay word - dayus - which also refer to a man who does nothing, keep silent whenever he sees his wife/children doing al-mungkaar but yet, no attempt to resist it.

Allaah knows best.

Assalamualikum...I know what dayus means :)..Arabic became easy for me as Malay language borrowed many words from Arabic :)..Alhamdulilah