The problem with Islam is...

mezeren

:salam2:

Dear sister,

i have sent you a PM.i hope you read it and it is beneficial for you.Now,it is time to cheer up.

As my uncle sometimes says,we have 100-150 years left to live.So,don't be so sad,it is not worth it.

No offens intended,forgive me if it upsets you in any way.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

I am weary my brothers and sisters. So very weary of this long and lonely road. I know Allah swt only test those he loves but sometimes I wish he didn't trust me so much to be strong enough. So please consider your convert brothers and sisters and extend a hand of compassion and patience. if possible, have your parents read this post so they can understand how the elders are effecting new converts to this religion. Maybe they will finally look past their tribalism and truly....truly welcome their new brothers and sisters into their homes, family, and ummah.

Wasalaam

Dearest sister Sarah,

Only Allah knows how much I love, respect and appreciate you for the sake of Allah.

I get most astonished and shocked every time I read how some of our dear converts are dealt by born-Muslims. That is because here in Egypt it is the most joyful thing on Earth when we find a convert to Islam. I myself wish if I can do anything I can to make a convert to Islam feel happier, most welcome and most acceptable. Those Egyptian men who choose to marry converts from abroad find all appreciation and respect from all people. And their wives have all care, respect and love from most people around.

I always feel so sorry and shame for those Muslims who elevate their nasty race, skin colour or nationality over the pure faith of Islam. One of Islam major goals is to get rid of this ignorant racism and unify all Muslims under the shade of faith and monotheism as intimate and faithful brothers and sisters.

As for being weary, dear sister, I am completely sure that you will feel better, content and lucky when you know that there are so many distressed Muslims who have been tested in their health, losing their loved parents, not having spouse, no longer being able to work while longing for that. I know some who have all these tests all together!!!!However, they always say " Alhamdulillah"

By saying so, I never mean to belittle your suffering as I do sympathise with you asking Allah to shower you with His great mercy and provide you with everything you long for ...Ameen

So, dear and noble sister, hold on your patience for the sake of the Truth as there is nothing else on Earth worthy for our struggle and striving in life.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Salam everyone!

The problem with Islam is... muslims!( really, so true!)

I remember an incident, when my sister was buying some shoes for herself with my father and mother. My sister wears a full Hijab and Niqaab Alhamdulillah. So anyways , this salesman came ( who was a muslim), and remarked on my sister's dressing. My sister, being patient didn't say anything and told my mother everything. My mum was SO angry and she threw the shoe that she was holding on the flour and said that I am not going to buy from this shop again! My father felt angry too and really gave the saleman a piece of his mind and said that you should be ashamed of yourself!!
Anyways, they apologized for the behaviour but my mum and sis are buoycotting ( Excuse my spellings please) that shop!

It really hurts you these kind of words come from your brothers and sisters in Islam.
May Allah Bless us all and gives us the patience and tolerance to become good muslims. Ameen!
Wow Baji that is like WICKED hot! Dang, I wish I could do that. :D

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
Wa salam alaikum wa rahmatullah!

I can understand to some extent what your feeling, because I'm alone too, but I will soon move back to my family. But remember; Allah (Subhana wa ta'ala) tests us, but not more than we can Handle! A western proverb (I think); What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. Keep the faith, Sister!

I'll pray for you sister!

Wa salam alaikum wa rahmatullah!

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu Allaicomu dear brothers and sisters.

I need to get back again to reply,because wallahi I am really touched with all this life stories that I have red SubhanAllah,and stories of sister Shyhijaby,brother Mabsoot,brother HardRockMuslim,brother Nyeekrem and Mashallah for your courege,patiente,and may Allah subhan we tela help you and reword you in this life and hereafter,Inshallah.:tti_sister:

May Allah bless you all

:wasalam:

BigAk

Well... Thinking further about it.... Although I am a born muslim and not a convert, I still struggle with some of the issues that sister ShyHijabi refer to. For instance, due to living in the US, I often feel very lonely as I am a minority here.. Although I know few muslims, they are merely acquaintances.. I used to have a good circle of muslim friends but they all had to move away due to jobs, life changes, etc... I have one very good friend and he happened to be a Chrisian from liberia. I Call him my african brother. I am not african... LOL... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I also have no support whatsoever here and I am on my own, and I am not even a convert. Sometimes it's hard to bare but I try to manage by visiting this site and others like "the deen show" etc... Here's a little story to show you that I also suffer some of the rediculous habbits of my home country men.

I entered a new Subway (the restaurant) the other day.. It's very known in the US that the vast majority of the Subways are owned and operated by arabs. Looking at behind the counter, the guy clearly appeared arabic from Egypt (i've been an arab long enough to tell).. As soon as I go in, I announce to him "As Salam Alaikum".. He looked at me like I'm speaking chinese and mumbled some stuff I couldn't comprehend. Anyway.. I resumed by giving him the instructions of how to prepare my sandwich in arabic.. While he followed, he did not even acknowledge me... He would even speak English to me when I ask him something in arabic, and he was short and to the point. I was very tempted to say "brother.. it's obvious that you can understand me, why aren't you speaking arabic to me??" But, i did not want to upset him as he was not in the mood for humor obviously.. Anyway.. When I left I again; announced loudly "As Salam Alaikum brothe." He looked at me and said something like "late on bro.. or some rediculous thing".. I left very disappointed...

Sister.. It is very obvious from my accent that I am not a convert... Yet; look how my own brother from Egypt has treated me.. What a shame.

You are not alone sister... Cheer up... :D

ShyHijabi

Salaam my dear brothers and sisters,

So here we see and read the challenges the Ummah faces today. With prejudice, racism, and elitism the division of "this kind" of Muslim over "that kind" of Muslim has fractured our community. Now I am not talking about trying to bind Shia with Sunni, those are real and serious matter of tawqa and deen. But when a Somali won't treat a Pakistani as a brother/sister over the melanin content of the skin of some borders drawn into a map by humans...then we have a very serious issue. (btw I am simply mentioning two types of nationalities and not trying to center out anyone in particular)

We need to remember that Rasool'illah never discriminated against any Muslims. From having Bilal stand on the kabba to call adaan to marrying a Jew, he never told them they were any less or more because of their color/ethinicity. Such sillyness that we pick and choose our mates from lines drawn on a map. It's as if people really beleive those borders are true physical lines in the sand and not some whimsical decision made by follish men. Those borders change and dissapear from those maps but we still all bleed red.

My point is, we need a serious revival of what real Islam means. Someone mentioned a valid and cogent point, that people try to "dirty" Islam by overlaying their culture and traditions onto it. That is absolutely correct. While there is no shame in having cultural differences (as diversity is the spice of life) we should never, ever elevate culture above or make it equal with our religion. When we die our ethinicity will not even matter. It's as if some people think we will be put int he "Pakistani" line or the "Arab" line on judgement day. lol (the mental picture just made me laugh) No, we will be naked for all to see...in other words our sins will be visible to everyone...our mothers, fathers, and anyone else we held in esteem.

Lastly, I have received many, many encouraging and kind PMs offering me everything from money to a place to live. I am lambasted by the outpouring of generosity and kindness I have received. I am unable to move presently as I wait for my school to straighten out my finanacial aid. I don't need money as, alhumdulliah, I have a job that pays adequate funds for food and my small rent. And I still am being patient with the brother to get things squared with his family....so no need for matchmaking...yet. :) I have made dua that every single person who sent me kind words or made dua for me are rewarded many times over. I love you all for the sake of Allah and prays he Opens a way for you.

Wasalaam

BigAk

Sister ShyHijabi.... You are a big asset to our community here... We learn from you and love your posts.. May Allah strengthen your iman and open many good doors for you. :D

a_stranger

:salam2: sister
Life is full of difficulties and trials and full of kindness and blessings .....The most beautiful thing for muslems is that these difficulties and trials make them return to Allah swt by hearts not tongues...It makes us more united and shows all the good within our souls. YOUR posts should give us (muslems) a lesson to return to the pure Islam as was revealed : Islam that unite hearts by the love of their creator not by what Allah created. We need a frequent purification of hearts.

Rashadi

Well... Thinking further about it.... Although I am a born muslim and not a convert, I still struggle with some of the issues that sister ShyHijabi refer to. For instance, due to living in the US, I often feel very lonely as I am a minority here.. Although I know few muslims, they are merely acquaintances.. I used to have a good circle of muslim friends but they all had to move away due to jobs, life changes, etc... I have one very good friend and he happened to be a Chrisian from liberia. I Call him my african brother. I am not african... LOL... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I also have no support whatsoever here and I am on my own, and I am not even a convert. Sometimes it's hard to bare but I try to manage by visiting this site and others like "the deen show" etc... Here's a little story to show you that I also suffer some of the rediculous habbits of my home country men.

I entered a new Subway (the restaurant) the other day.. It's very known in the US that the vast majority of the Subways are owned and operated by arabs. Looking at behind the counter, the guy clearly appeared arabic from Egypt (i've been an arab long enough to tell).. As soon as I go in, I announce to him "As Salam Alaikum".. He looked at me like I'm speaking chinese and mumbled some stuff I couldn't comprehend. Anyway.. I resumed by giving him the instructions of how to prepare my sandwich in arabic.. While he followed, he did not even acknowledge me... He would even speak English to me when I ask him something in arabic, and he was short and to the point. I was very tempted to say "brother.. it's obvious that you can understand me, why aren't you speaking arabic to me??" But, i did not want to upset him as he was not in the mood for humor obviously.. Anyway.. When I left I again; announced loudly "As Salam Alaikum brothe." He looked at me and said something like "late on bro.. or some rediculous thing".. I left very disappointed...

Sister.. It is very obvious from my accent that I am not a convert... Yet; look how my own brother from Egypt has treated me.. What a shame.

You are not alone sister... Cheer up... :D

Your story made me laugh brother I know 2 Palestinian brothers here in Atl who are the same way. When they see bearded Muslims come into their restaurant, their face changes completely. They are rude, anwser back in English and you don't even want to ask them if the meat is halal, lol.

BigAk

Your story made me laugh brother I know 2 Palestinian brothers here in Atl who are the same way. When they see bearded Muslims come into their restaurant, their face changes completely. They are rude, anwser back in English and you don't even want to ask them if the meat is halal, lol.

LOL.. Yup.. I knew you could relate!!! Shame on some of us arabs.. I think I may say something to my guy next time in Subway.. I'll be nice!!! :D

Bint Henry

Salaam my dear brothers and sisters,

So here we see and read the challenges the Ummah faces today. With prejudice, racism, and elitism the division of "this kind" of Muslim over "that kind" of Muslim has fractured our community. Now I am not talking about trying to bind Shia with Sunni, those are real and serious matter of tawqa and deen. But when a Somali won't treat a Pakistani as a brother/sister over the melanin content of the skin of some borders drawn into a map by humans...then we have a very serious issue. (btw I am simply mentioning two types of nationalities and not trying to center out anyone in particular)

We need to remember that Rasool'illah never discriminated against any Muslims. From having Bilal stand on the kabba to call adaan to marrying a Jew, he never told them they were any less or more because of their color/ethinicity. Such sillyness that we pick and choose our mates from lines drawn on a map. It's as if people really beleive those borders are true physical lines in the sand and not some whimsical decision made by follish men. Those borders change and dissapear from those maps but we still all bleed red.

My point is, we need a serious revival of what real Islam means. Someone mentioned a valid and cogent point, that people try to "dirty" Islam by overlaying their culture and traditions onto it. That is absolutely correct. While there is no shame in having cultural differences (as diversity is the spice of life) we should never, ever elevate culture above or make it equal with our religion. When we die our ethinicity will not even matter. It's as if some people think we will be put int he "Pakistani" line or the "Arab" line on judgement day. lol (the mental picture just made me laugh) No, we will be naked for all to see...in other words our sins will be visible to everyone...our mothers, fathers, and anyone else we held in esteem.

Lastly, I have received many, many encouraging and kind PMs offering me everything from money to a place to live. I am lambasted by the outpouring of generosity and kindness I have received. I am unable to move presently as I wait for my school to straighten out my finanacial aid. I don't need money as, alhumdulliah, I have a job that pays adequate funds for food and my small rent. And I still am being patient with the brother to get things squared with his family....so no need for matchmaking...yet. :) I have made dua that every single person who sent me kind words or made dua for me are rewarded many times over. I love you all for the sake of Allah and prays he Opens a way for you.

Wasalaam

Sister, I think there's two main issues that face the Ummah today, under which we can categorise all its problems:

1) Muslims who don't know their deen and the results of such lack of knowledge.

2) Muslims who know their deen (more or less), but choose not to act on it in order to follow their desires and the whisperings of Shaytan.

I think that while number 1) may apply to many, many Muslims, number 2) applies to all, including those who try to be good Muslims, including myself and others. However, both categories affect the Ummah quite negatively. In your particular case, the issues may stem from either category or both at the same time.

And if I may be honest, while I've met some very nice, practising Muslims from the US, it seems to me that a lot of them have invented this new form of Islam (some people call it American Islam or Rand Islam), or they are simply afraid of being known as or ashamed to be known as Muslims. Allah Musta'an.

Bint Henry

I just wanted to add that I did not mean to single out American Muslims; I know that Muslims in Canada and the UK face similar problems as well.