The Ruling of Watching Football Games In Islam (Arabic with Eng.Translation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
I will only watch if you can ask all the football players to wear pants below their knee ;)

Point noted.

Plus sister, if one has other hobbies or forms of entertainment, one can completely ignore sports. It's not like we have to get on the 'world cup bus' or catch the 'world cup fever'.

Most women ignore all forms of sports anways, haha.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I think something was lost in translation. I do not think anyone wants to watch a man who wears his pants below his knees. At least not me.

PS..good to see you posting again Amir of Spain.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Lowering gaze is for both men and women.A man's awrah is above his knee.
I hope people can talk base on Quran and Sunnah instead of stating their personal opinion.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister...please read what I wrote...something was lost in translation. When it was written "I will only watch if you can ask all the football players to wear pants below their knee"...it reads as if men must wear pants below the knees for you to watch the sport..it did not translate well..as usual I found it to be funny.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Assalaam walaikum,

I think something was lost in translation. I do not think anyone wants to watch a man who wears his pants below his knees. At least not me.

PS..good to see you posting again Amir of Spain.

Yes, but that is a part of the entire telecast package of a soccer game. When a player gets injured, his entire thighs are exposed and shown on TV. Ofcourse, one would imagine that no one watches the sport for that. But it does occur and shouldn't be viewed by us.

Btw, the awrah of a man should not be exposed to either of the sexes.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister...please read what I wrote...something was lost in translation. When it was written "I will only watch if you can ask all the football players to wear pants below their knee"...it reads as if men must wear pants below the knees for you to watch the sport..it did not translate well..as usual I found it to be funny.

There is nothing wrong with the translation.The reson why I stop watching football is because of men's awrah.As I said,if they all wear pants below knee,i don't mind watching as an "entertainment" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.