The US Did What???!!!

Isra

aka Tree2008
Im not much of a sports fan so I wasnt really rooting for either team but just wanted to post Congratulations to Ghana.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
They're not representing the government. They're not representing the politics. What country are you from? It'll be helpful for me to know when I cheer for teams in future sporting events.

Assalam alaikum,
If that is your view on the US soccer team, then please keep your views consistent on my comment that the US should fail at everything :) Which is that I am talking about those representing the country and the government should fail at life. Consistency helps. And using the same logic, we can claim that the US army does not "represent the politics or the government, they go wherever they are told to, whether it be by the Democrats or Republicans". Am I allowed to have the opinion that the army should fail in their invasion of other countries? No? Do you seriously think I want them to lose because I have a personal dislike of the average individual in the US? (rhetorical; please don't actually answer it).

I find it obnoxious when people claim I'm lumping everyone in one category, when it's clear that I'm not. Sorry for also expressing my dislike of the "rich, corrupt and evil businessmen" that go against the average citizen (post in page 1). I think it'd be nice if those anti-Islam people that lump all Muslims as terrorists did it like this. Anyways, I've grown up in a whole range of countres and am attached to different cities/places, and if you want to not support a team just because you think it may make me slightly unhappy, then go for it. I support Bangladesh for cricket, then NZ (New Zealand). NZ and Australia for rugby. And generally Scotland, when they qualify for sports. Also, I support Brazil for football. Federer at tennis, Murray is ok too.

Ok, I think this'll be the last of me trying to explain what I said. Just watched the highlights on the news this morning, good stuff Ghana! :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

My dear dna,
I thought you loved your aapa. Not one little sport do we hold in common. One of these days I will school you on a real sport.

Why Scotland on anything...they have men that run around in skirts?

Valerie

When you say the US, you didn't say "government" or "those representing" you said the US. You be consistent. And, by the way, having BEEN in the US Army, I can tell you that the US Army IS a part of the government. Don't try to use logic when you are stretching it. And people in other countries know soldiers are part of the government or they wouldn't take every opportunity to murder them. And when one soldier screws up, does anyone say "Oh look what that individual did" NO. They say "Look what the US did".

Saying you want an entire country to fail at life... Well you need to be more specific. Otherwise people are going to take you at your word. And if you don't mean it, don't say it.

It's this type of thing that makes me really think that Islam was a mistake for me. I guess that's okay though. I'm from the US so I SHOULD fail at life.

Assalam alaikum,
If that is your view on the US soccer team, then please keep your views consistent on my comment that the US should fail at everything :) Which is that I am talking about those representing the country and the government should fail at life. Consistency helps. And using the same logic, we can claim that the US army does not "represent the politics or the government, they go wherever they are told to, whether it be by the Democrats or Republicans". Am I allowed to have the opinion that the army should fail in their invasion of other countries? No? Do you seriously think I want them to lose because I have a personal dislike of the average individual in the US? (rhetorical; please don't actually answer it).

I find it obnoxious when people claim I'm lumping everyone in one category, when it's clear that I'm not. Sorry for also expressing my dislike of the "rich, corrupt and evil businessmen" that go against the average citizen (post in page 1). I think it'd be nice if those anti-Islam people that lump all Muslims as terrorists did it like this. Anyways, I've grown up in a whole range of countres and am attached to different cities/places, and if you want to not support a team just because you think it may make me slightly unhappy, then go for it. I support Bangladesh for cricket, then NZ (New Zealand). NZ and Australia for rugby. And generally Scotland, when they qualify for sports. Also, I support Brazil for football. Federer at tennis, Murray is ok too.

Ok, I think this'll be the last of me trying to explain what I said. Just watched the highlights on the news this morning, good stuff Ghana! :)

Abdul25

Logical Believer
When you say the US, you didn't say "government" or "those representing" you said the US. You be consistent. And, by the way, having BEEN in the US Army, I can tell you that the US Army IS a part of the government. Don't try to use logic when you are stretching it. And people in other countries know soldiers are part of the government or they wouldn't take every opportunity to murder them. And when one soldier screws up, does anyone say "Oh look what that individual did" NO. They say "Look what the US did".

Saying you want an entire country to fail at life... Well you need to be more specific. Otherwise people are going to take you at your word. And if you don't mean it, don't say it.

It's this type of thing that makes me really think that Islam was a mistake for me. I guess that's okay though. I'm from the US so I SHOULD fail at life.

:salam2:

sister dont take these words seriously. based on individual's comments , dont think that Islam was a mistake for you . if we all follow this logic, means to judge Islam on persons behavior or comments or actions , than we can not remain Muslims ( like so much fitna and blood shed in the name of Islam nowadays that one thinks Islam is a religion of terror) , i am also sick of many things that people say but then i see the source, the quran, the life of prophet, the sahabs, how great they were, how did they practice Islam, such a great was their wisdom, if prophet had the same kind of thinking as we see today in many Muslims, Islam would never spread, dont take people's comments on your heart, just ignore and always see the source,

if i am wrong, please correct me..
:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Hello everybody. I think it must be the sunspots. This was my attempt at a harmless little post to lighten things up. I know most of the members are soccer fans. I was teasing you guys; in the name of simplicity.

As I am an American,I can't fight it anymore, I will write these simple words and in advance I wish to thank you for reading my words.

We, Muslims, who live in the States, strive to be faithful Muslims. We spend more time driving to the masjids..in all kinds of weather. We read. We communicate with other Muslims, and that is a joy. We are constantly on guard. Each day there is passage of some crazy law and eventually it will come down on us. We have knowledge of our faith. Islam has been in America for three hundred years. It did not come yesterday. We practice our faith; and we practice our faith often in isolation. We are faithful for the love and fear of Allah subhana talla.

When the US government in its wisdom continues on its path to destruction it pays no heed to whatever is in its way. We, who live here, suffer. Trust me. The number of Muslims who do not get the promotions. The distrust of our abilites. And we are torn.

So, I ask my brothers and sisters, please be gentle in your words to many of those who are seeking Islam. We live in the belly of the beast. Walking outside of our homes is jihad. We work internally to stop the beast.

aapa

sliver

I am slightly saddened that the US got through to the 2nd round. I wish they'd fail at everything in life. Until they get their act together and fix their foreign policy so they stop attacking Muslim countries. Assalam alaikum.

Whoa whoa....you do know that this is a soccer team right? Your concern of the country might be right. But soccer players don't have anything to do with foreign polices and the government at least to my knowledge they don't.

U.S soccer team tried but in the end Ghana was just the better team. I personally enjoyed the U.S run but you know in the end one team moves the other goes home.