"The Veil"-A Beautiful Poem!

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum brothers and sisters, read this lovely poem and be inspired! Live life as a Hijabi! :hijabi: May Allah (SWT) bless the writer of this lovely, enriching and inspiring poem and I hope will touch our hearts inshallah, ameen! :SMILY252:

The Veil
(From the Sound Vision documentary Hijab: An Act of Faith)

They say, "Oh, poor girl, you're so beautiful you know
It's a shame that you cover up your beauty so."
She just smiles and graciously responds reassuringly,
"This beauty that I have is just one simple part of me.

This body that I have, no stranger has the right to see.
These long clothes, this shawl I wear, ensure my modesty.
Faith is more essential than fashion, wouldn’t you agree?"

This hijab,
This mark of piety,
Is an act of faith, a symbol,
For all the world to see.
A simple cloth, to protect her dignity.
So lift the veil from your heart to see the heart of purity.

They tell her, "Girl, don’t you know this is the West and you are free?
You don’t need to be oppressed, ashamed of your femininity."
She just shakes her head and she speaks so assuredly,
"See the bill-boards and the magazines that line the check-out isles,

with their phony painted faces and their air-brushed smiles?
Well their sheer clothes and low cut gowns they are really not for me.
You call it freedom, I call it anarchy."

This hijab,
This mark of piety,
Is an act of faith, a symbol,
For all the world to see.
A simple cloth, to protect her dignity.
So lift the veil from your heart to see the heart of purity.
Lift the veil from your heart and seek the heart of purity.

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
salam
MASHA ALLAH.great
i liked last part more.
Lift the veil from your heart and seek the heart of purity.
yeh v shud lift veils from our heart to see the purty.
jazakllahum khair for sharing sis.
FI AMANILLAH

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

They tell her, "Girl, don’t you know this is the West and you are free?
You don’t need to be oppressed, ashamed of your femininity."
She just shakes her head and she speaks so assuredly,
"See the bill-boards and the magazines that line the check-out isles,

with their phony painted faces and their air-brushed smiles?
Well their sheer clothes and low cut gowns they are really not for me.
You call it freedom, I call it anarchy."

That is so true. I wish every Muslim woman would think this way. I am trying to convince so many of my friends, but it's really hard. They are quite hard to convince. They also follow the same Western ideology and because they live here in the West they are ashamed to wear it.

May Allah (SWT) have mercy on them and guide them to His path. Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum,

that is true, but Alhamdulilah for Islam. I am so happy Allah (SWT) guided me to Islam through His Mercy and opened my heart to Hijab. Inshallah, my one Muslim friend doesn't wear Hijab, I don't know why though, her sister and mother both don't wear Hijab. When I reverted to Islam, I wanted to wear Hijab so much for the sake of Allah (SWT)! No one and nothing was going to stop me! I was so brave and so courageous...I didn't care about anyone's opinion about Islam or their ignoirant remarks toward Hijab. Snice my family's breakdown on Hijab, I haven't worn it. It's not that I don't want to or that I gave up, I still want to, not to look "cute" but to cover myself up. I have noticed that when I don't wear Hijab uys at my school touch me, try to flirt and other bad things. I act so mean to them for touching me and they look blank and don't understanfd why I was offended in the first place subhanAllah!!!

salams,

Sakeena

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum Sakeena,

:bismillah1:

May Allah reward you for your efforts. Pray that people who don't have the same courage you do, to be leaded to the Straight Path. May Allah (SWT) always keep you guided in His shade. Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum sister,

thanks, yes I will make dua, I mean easier said than done? Right? It's not easy for me either, I'm not saying this to brag or that I'm so smart and better, I'm not! I get so afraid, but I know that Hijab is Allah's commandment and that I want to cover to please Him, yes!

thanks,

salam,

Sakeena :hijabi:

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
Assalamaualikum,

MashaAllah! A very well said poem reflecting the views and lives of many Muslim girls and women today.

If I am not wrong I think I have heard Yusuf Islam sing something along the lines of this. Well at least the chorus :s

May all reward you for your efforts, Aameen. It is really an encouragement for those young girls who are not too sure of wearing their hijaab and don't know the 'real' reasons behind wearing it.

Once agin, Jazaka Allah for such an inspiring post :)

Wasalaam :)

simpson

Asalamualaikum wr wb my dearest, a beautiful heart felt poem. Subhanallah May Allah SWT bless us all always in all ways. A woman who wear a veil is a woman who wants to save herself and she is also saving all our fellow ummat muhammad from maksiat of the eye,mouth and ears.Subhanallah May Allah SWT forgives us, bless us and guide us all to the right path. Subhanallah Walhamdulillah Waalaailahailallah Waallahuakbar.

alexandra

wa alaykom el salammmm

So great this poem...I'm not a muslimah but i want to convert in islam and when i will wear the HIJAB ..ENSHALLAH i will wear it proudly.Yes its true..its an act of faith wearing it and u must wear it for the sake of Allah.I'm following the right path (ELHAMUDULILLAH) and i dont care wat others will say when i will convert ,when i will wear for real the HIJAB.I'M ready to do everything,i already see the light(islam),i already see the GUIDE(ALLAH).

May ALLAH BLESS ALL OF YOU AND GUIDE US TO THE RIGHT PATH ALWAYS.....AMEEN

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
Alhamdulilah sister, it is so refreshing to meet some one who is like you I wish you sucess in this life and hereafter inshallah

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamaualikum,

MashaAllah! A very well said poem reflecting the views and lives of many Muslim girls and women today.

If I am not wrong I think I have heard Yusuf Islam sing something along the lines of this. Well at least the chorus :s

May all reward you for your efforts, Aameen. It is really an encouragement for those young girls who are not too sure of wearing their hijaab and don't know the 'real' reasons behind wearing it.

Once agin, Jazaka Allah for such an inspiring post :)

Wasalaam :)

MashaAllah, it truely is BEAUTIFUL, sister it's Dawud Wharnsby Ali.
Here is the link where he is actually kinda singing(no music)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9KyTULRXx0
Allah hafiz NOW and ALWAYS:)