The when? Eid?

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
assalamo alaikum..

i don't know if this is wrong or not...but i follow saudi arabia..and that's what most people i know do..
and why would people be arguing about it?...i thought eid al adh'ha is determined and set..it's not like ramadhan or eid al fitr!

wa alaikum assalam

Salaam,

I live in the U.S., everyone I know is celebrating it tomorrow, inshallah. Below are excerpts from ISNA's website.

Therefore, Eid al-Adha is not disconnected from Wuquf of Arafah and Hajj as some contemporary scholars contend. Hajj and Eid al-Adha are mutually well connected. The two Eids were not prescribed by the Prophet (PBUH) without context. They were intertwined with completion of the month of Ramadan and with Hajj. The Prophet (PBUH) linked start of the new month with actual moon sighting as it was the only authentic source available at that time to confirm the month. He did not depend upon news of sighting from Makkah for the first eight years of Hijrah as the Ka’abah was occupied by polytheists who were not very careful about the Hajj dates. The Shari’ah did not require Muslims to find out about the exact date of Hajj and Arafah in order to avoid causing hardship to the Ummah. However, it is clear that wherever Muslims could figure out the actual Day of Wuquf, they had preferred to fast on that day and celebrated their Eid and sacrificed the animals on the following day. The reason is that the increased reward has more to do with the global gathering of Muslims and performance of Hajj rather than the day of Eid or Eid prayer itself.

It is pertinent to note here that there is no clear cut text which requires all Muslims of the world to celebrate Eid al-Adha after the day of Hajj. There are plenty of indirect references in the Qur’an and the Sunnah that connect this day of festivity with the acts of Hajj and Wuquf. Furthermore, there is no text whatsoever, in the Qur’an, Sunnah or in any authentic classical book of Fiqh, that either the Prophet (PBUH), his Companions or any other Muslim scholar has ever required to go, knowingly, against the known day of Wuquf of Arafah as announced by the Hajj authorities. Hajj is an expression of Muslim unity in addition to being a source of many spiritual reminders. It has political as well social dimensions. This aspect can be fulfilled only if the Muslim Ummah is united in observing it especially once it has become possible to know through rapid means of communication when the Hajj is going to be performed. In our present circumstance there is no justification, under any rules of fiqh, to go against the Day of Hajj. Currently, going with Hajj is more beneficial (Maslahah) than celebrating Eid al-Adha independent of Hajj.

http://www.isna.com/events/Special-Announcement/Fiqh-Council-of-North-America-Statement.aspx

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
tomorrow in England.

I've taken some time off tomorrow to go to the mosque and attend the prayer. I'll have my best cloths on :)

Eid mubarak everyone !!

khalillulah

:salam2:
for me its tomorrow coz arafah is today.

wish all my brothers and sisters eid mubarak and hajj maqbul(if you performed it)

maaslam

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
insha'Allah :) some muslims in Bosnia have pronounced the 20th as the day of eid but that is a big mistake...I corrected my family members! I am happy we got this straight.

Wiseguy74

Assalam O Alaikum,

Nice question..... a question we ask on every eid :)

We in norway are celebrating it both on thursday and friday. Making me confuse who to listen.

Wassalam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Tomorrow

Alhamdulilah.

Eid Mubarak to everyone, I am gonna miss the Day of Arafah, :( it was such a great feeling but not a lot of people relised the great benefit. Such a shame.

EDIT: Thats crazy, if people are saying the Day of Arafah is tomorrow, are they implying that the pilgrims are gathering on the wrong day! Subhan'Allah, how absurd. Just shows the disunity and tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many Chiefs.

Wasalam :SMILY259:

Jalila_mustafa

Im From England, (Hertfordshire)
And Eid Is Said To Be On Thursday, I wish It Was Tomorrow Thoo...

Eid Mubarak Everyonee!! :D

Ahy_herc

Selam alejkum

Here in Sweden, the bosnians ("My pepole" hehe) are celebraiting Eid on thursday while in the "arab" mosque its tommorow. I fasted today so i guess Ill be goning on Eid prayer tomorrow. Such a shame pepole are celebrating Eid on diffrent days.

ScotsMuslim

Live for Allah and His Rasool (saw)
Asalamulaykum Warahamullahi - Eid being celebrated on thursday for us :D :D but its crazy... uk should be one.. but nope... its ALWAYS 2 EIDS!.. nways Eid mubarak for both days