Thinking of converting

Abdul Rehman ZF

welcome to the forum brother

may Almighty Allah bless you with true knowledge , ameen
keep posting on this forum , insha allah you shall get lot of support on all the matters with regards to ISLAM.

shasha

Muslimah
Hi there, Joey. I am in the same situation as you are. I am a Catholic and I am thinking of converting. I only had one Muslim friend back home in the Philippines, but, we rarely discussed religion. I guess, she was just trying to avoid disagreements. Now, I am here in US. I don't have any Muslim friends here in California, but, I was fortunate enough to have this conversation with a Muslim brother who cleared up all my misconceptions about Islam. After that, I got so interested and started researching on my own. And now, I found out that Islam is the most peaceful and most beautiful religion there is and it is THE Religion. Know what I mean? I just hope that I would find Muslim friends here in California to guide me more through this in person.

So far, how decided are you about converting, Joey?

Feel free to send me a private message and we can 'compare notes.'

Take care.

Thanks for all the support here in TTI.

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
Hi there, Joey. I am in the same situation as you are. I am a Catholic and I am thinking of converting. I only had one Muslim friend back home in the Philippines, but, we rarely discussed religion. I guess, she was just trying to avoid disagreements. Now, I am here in US. I don't have any Muslim friends here in California, but, I was fortunate enough to have this conversation with a Muslim brother who cleared up all my misconceptions about Islam. After that, I got so interested and started researching on my own. And now, I found out that Islam is the most peaceful and most beautiful religion there is and it is THE Religion. Know what I mean? I just hope that I would find Muslim friends here in California to guide me more through this in person.

Take care.

:salam2: sis and a warmwelcome.
sister please refer to these threads to clear any misconceptions you have.(if there are any still..maybe the topics here will benefit)
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31326&page=1
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7
and sis, I pray to Allah almighty to guid you to the right path.
please do your research on islam without any prejudice and in an open mind.
may he guid you to the right path,ameen

Nurain

Hey Joey,

Don't let an uncertain fact hinder you from looking up Islam, as you begin your journey.

Perhaps start by believing in the One-ness of God = Allaah subhanahu wataela. And the last messenger of God, Prophet Muhammad sallalahu 'alayhi wasallam.

Islam is a complete religion. People can say all sorts of things, had you looked for information, it is plainly there. A to Z. Nothing at all will come back with incomplete or not found. In sha Allaah.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Salam brother,
I'm a sister from London, I converted from Judaism to Islam about 1 year ago and thanks to God it's been the happiest year of my life. If I can be of any help to you please contact me. I know how hard it can be for many Jews to leave the jewish community, especially for Islam, and it is a difficult thing to tell your family, but when you truly believe that Islam is the right way, then God will assist you with all hardships. You will find many similarities between judaism and islam; actually, we believe that through the Quran, God sent us the same message is he sent to Moses, Jesus, Abraham...peace be upon them, but that with time this message was modified by people for their own interest. Muhammad saws was the last prophet sent to us, and with him the Quran, which is the final, purified message and can't be altered by man.
Welcome to Islam brother, may God keep you on the straight path.
Bintu Sabr

:salam2:
It is belated but better late than never... So...
Welcome to Islam my dear sister. It is great to know how Islam attracts people from all religions and from all societies.
We have here on TTI sister ShyHijabi and many others from Jewish background as well.
May Allah (SWT) bless you and protect you grant you Jannah Al-Firdous in the hereafter. Ameen !
Wassalam.
:wasalam:

shasha

Muslimah
Thank you so much for the links, Prosperous. :)

I especially loved the video about a Muslim brother welcoming two Muslim sisters and giving them advice on how to deal with non-Muslim family and friends coz that will be one of the major issues I would have to deal with once I convert. So, it was really helpful for me.

Thanks for the support. :)

shasha

Muslimah
Alhamdulilah! :D

I did my Shahada today. :hijabi:

This website really did help me turntoislam.

Shukran to all those who helped me. :)

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

Assalam-o-alikum sister Shasha,
Congratulations to you that now you are in the most purest form and totally sinless as a new born baby. May Allah protect you and guide you towards his mercy and his worderful reward Jannah Al-Firdus,
Once again congratulations sister Shasha.
Wassalam.

BigAk

Salam alaikum sister shasha... Congratulations for the happy news of following the right path. May Allah bless you and grant you paradise. Ameen. :D

I wish you had started a seperate new thread to announce this great news. Alhamdulilah.

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
Peace be on you

Peace Bro Joey,
Welcome to TTI ( Although i'm bit late). Well i think you are in a right place to ask questions abt Islam, so please do not hesitate to ask even if you think it is a silly matter. so Cheers and enjoy your stay.

Sister Sasha,

Welcome to Islam sister. May ALLAH SWT grant you the peace in this life and in the hereafter. Ameen

ShyHijabi

Salaam

Shalom dear brother of the tribe. I recommend you look up Jewsforallah.com There is a gentleman there that comes from orthodox Jews and reverted to Islam. More and more Jews are questioning the teachings of the rabbis (sometimes anti-Islamic snetiments) and finding out for themselves where the true path lies.

I beseech you to research this religion heavily and pray for guidance. If I were you I would seek out a mosque and speak with the imam (like a Muslim rabbi) and put all your questions before him. A good imam will find the answers even if he doesn't know the answer himself. My PM box is open if you have any questions. May His face shine upon you and may He place you in the light.

Wasalaam

Almeftah

Hello and welcome JOEY..

Its a pleasure to have you with us, And i pray That Allah (God) will guide you to the path of truth.

a_stranger

Take care.

AlhamduliAllah sister this is a great news , May Allah help us to stay firm on hi path till we reach Janna.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

:salam2: Peace be on to you..

Allahu Akbar... May Allah guide you and all of us to the right path always Ameen...

:)

MutlekM

Hey I hope you become a muslim and i am sure everybody will try to help you in TTI.

shasha

Muslimah
As-salaam Alaikum! :)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I finally had the courage to tell my family. My mom did not take it lightly, but, inshallah she will eventually accept and be happy for me. At least now I don't need to hide from them.

Shukran to all. :)