those who are in Medical school or phd

liaa

salamu alaykum

so, ur going to school to statisfy ur parents? U should go for that which will satisfy ur needs inshaallah. If ur not happy with going to medicine, why should u do that. Infact, ur parents want u to go there so they can tell other parents "my daughter is in medical school. She is gonna be a doctor".

wasalam

i don't know what to doo, medicine was always in my plans because of my parents , but it wasn't one of my wishes , and yes u said right " infact , ur parents want u to go there so they can tell other parents "my daughter is in medical school. She is gonna be a doctor". !! but i am afraid that if i will chose another university (one i like) and i will fail!! i 'll fell 1000 times worse than i do now!! and i will say : why didn;y i listen to my parents!? but as u said for a women this job takes to much time!

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
i

but i am afraid that if i will chose another university (one i like) and i will fail!!

Well actually you have already lost the battle once you are afraid of failure, because the main thing is at the end of the day you can be proud that you give it a try....

be optimistic :SMILY209:

Failure is the mother of success..(A chinese proverb)

muharram23

Staff member
i don't know what to doo, medicine was always in my plans because of my parents , but it wasn't one of my wishes , and yes u said right " infact , ur parents want u to go there so they can tell other parents "my daughter is in medical school. She is gonna be a doctor". !! but i am afraid that if i will chose another university (one i like) and i will fail!! i 'll fell 1000 times worse than i do now!! and i will say : why didn;y i listen to my parents!? but as u said for a women this job takes to much time!

salamu alaykum

sister, i understand ur worries. However, most muslim kids who go or went to school experienced the same thing from their parents. Some experienced less hardship and some more. But if u go for something that you might dislike in the future and be unhappy everyday u go to work, is it really something you want to please others? On the other hand, maybe they dont care much about ur islam as much as they care about you becoming a doctor. If they are forcing you to go to school for something else, who knows, in the future they might force you into marriage with someone you dont know as it is a custom with many muslim families. Now, islam gives u a choice to choose who you want to be in marriage and ur parents can not force you. So, if they want you to marry someone you dislike, are you really gonna marry him to make them happy? Just note that u will have to spend most if not all of ur life with him, Allah knows. I just care about you sister as i care about all muslims, so why be a prisoner to that which ALlah sva permitted you to do. Also, if it will cause more fitnah with u and ur family then that is another case which i would ask the scholars of islam.

Ps. Just know sister that ALlah sva decreed everything 30,000 yrs before anything was created. Our rizq (provisions), how long we will live and when we will die. Therefore, do ur best and inshaALlah whatever happens is that which has been prescribed for you.

May Allah sva make it easy for you

wasalam

liaa

thx soo much for advicess!! i will think better and start to analise other universities that i might chosee ! inshallah! thx soo much for encouragingg !!i fell soo much more better when i see that there are ppl supporting me in taking my own decisions in life !! alhamdulallah
p.s. failure is the mother of succes! :SMILY139:

liaa

salamu alaykum

sister, i understand ur worries. However, most muslim kids who go or went to school experienced the same thing from their parents. Some experienced less hardship and some more. But if u go for something that you might dislike in the future and be unhappy everyday u go to work, is it really something you want to please others? On the other hand, maybe they dont care much about ur islam as much as they care about you becoming a doctor. If they are forcing you to go to school for something else, who knows, in the future they might force you into marriage with someone you dont know as it is a custom with many muslim families. Now, islam gives u a choice to choose who you want to be in marriage and ur parents can not force you. So, if they want you to marry someone you dislike, are you really gonna marry him to make them happy? Just note that u will have to spend most if not all of ur life with him, Allah knows. I just care about you sister as i care about all muslims, so why be a prisoner to that which ALlah sva permitted you to do. Also, if it will cause more fitnah with u and ur family then that is another case which i would ask the scholars of islam.

Ps. Just know sister that ALlah sva decreed everything 30,000 yrs before anything was created. Our rizq (provisions), how long we will live and when we will die. Therefore, do ur best and inshaALlah whatever happens is that which has been prescribed for you.

May Allah sva make it easy for you

wasalam
Allah(swt ) protect me from being forced o marry someone that i don't want tooo! auzubillah! this scaress meee to death! :( i would never accept this ! :( ,unless i will really like the man ! :D