Three Absurd 'Miracles' Related By The Soofees

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
The Soofee, An-Nabahaanee has authored a book "Jaami' Karamaat Al-Awliyaa' " [A Compendium Of Miracles Of The Awliyaa'] wherein he relates some 'miracles' of the Soofees.

Below are some of the absurd miracles he relates:

1) He relates that a Soofee walee by the name of 'Alee Al-'Umari who, according to An-Nabahaanee, conducted many miracles. In one of Al-'Umari's 'miracles' he disciplined his servant, who was his brother in law, by whipping him with his penis which had actually extended to above and beyond his ('Alee's) shoulder! After whipping him several times, his penis returned to its normal size.
[Related by An-Nabahaanee in his Jaami' 2/396]

2) He relates about Ibraheem Al-'Aryaan (d.930H) who used to:

"... mount the mimbar giving sermons while naked... he used to fart in the presence of the respected elders of the Soofees, swearing that it was the fart of such-and-such."
[Related by An-Nabahaanee in his Jaami' 1/412]

3) Nabahaanee also mentions "Shaykh 'Ubayd", who was able to:

"... pull a boat from the midst of mud after pulling it with a rope tied to his testis."
[Related by An-Nabahaanee in his Jaami' 2/46]

saifkhan

abd-Allah
The Soofee, An-Nabahaanee has authored a book "Jaami' Karamaat Al-Awliyaa' " [A Compendium Of Miracles Of The Awliyaa'] wherein he relates some 'miracles' of the Soofees.

Below are some of the absurd miracles he relates:

1) He relates that a Soofee walee by the name of 'Alee Al-'Umari who, according to An-Nabahaanee, conducted many miracles. In one of Al-'Umari's 'miracles' he disciplined his servant, who was his brother in law, by whipping him with his penis which had actually extended to above and beyond his ('Alee's) shoulder! After whipping him several times, his penis returned to its normal size.
[Related by An-Nabahaanee in his Jaami' 2/396]

2) He relates about Ibraheem Al-'Aryaan (d.930H) who used to:

"... mount the mimbar giving sermons while naked... he used to fart in the presence of the respected elders of the Soofees, swearing that it was the fart of such-and-such."
[Related by An-Nabahaanee in his Jaami' 1/412]

3) Nabahaanee also mentions "Shaykh 'Ubayd", who was able to:

"... pull a boat from the midst of mud after pulling it with a rope tied to his testis."
[Related by An-Nabahaanee in his Jaami' 2/46]

as salam 'alaykum

sounds like hindu weird monks of "great" expertise, like Aghroies

astagfir Allah, Islam came to diminish this weird practisce and they attribute these things of Allah's deen, au'dhubi-llah

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
Assalamu Alaikum

:salam2: ,
With all due respect , i don't understand the intention of the post. I am sorry to say i found it gross and neither funny nor informative.

In my opinion, had you not posted this , the number of people who would know this kind of stupidity would be less.

:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

:salam2: ,
With all due respect , i don't understand the intention of the post. I am sorry to say i found it gross and neither funny nor informative.

In my opinion, had you not posted this , the number of people who would know this kind of stupidity would be less.

:wasalam:

I agree, this only seems to be making fun of some misguided people

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Thank you for sharing. One question, Is Nabahaanee exposing the "absurd miracles" or he is promoting them? Sorry I'm not clear from what you wrote.

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
The purpose of this post was for us to value true guidance.

sometimes u only see the value of something when you see its opposite.

Shaikh Ar-Raddadee added that a man came to Imam Ahmad (rahimahullaah) and said: “All Praise is for Allaah, for Islam.”

Imam Ahmad said: “Rather say, All Praise is for Allaah, for Islam and the Sunnah.“

The sunnah is a blessing, and only when we see its opposite do we realise its blessing...