Tips - Waking up for Fajr

asalaf salih

Tips - Waking up for Fajr
:salam2:
Today a common problem for many people is the issue of getting up for Fajr and praying Isha. The many Ahadith state, "The most burdensome prayers for the hypocrites are Isha and Fajr…" Hazrat Abdullah ibn Umar radiallahu anhuma used to say, "If we did not see a person at Fajr and Isha prayers, we would think badly of him." The most beloved thing at this point no longer remains our Mussala (prayer mat) but our warm, comfy beds. This prayer holds immense virtues just like the rest but is one of the most neglected prayers. For one, “Whoever prays Fajr is under the protection of Allah." However, here are a few tips that you could adhere to perhaps if you are struggling from waking up for Fajr.

To make a very strong intention is really necessary. It will be really hard to wake up for Fajr when your heart does not even fully want to. It is a necessity that one clenches his fists and makes it clear to his nafs (desires) and shaytaan that he will wake up for Fajr no matter what.

To make Dua'a in abundance the night before. One should really try his best to make Dua'a from his heart and beg Allah Ta'ala to make the struggle of waking up for Fajr easy. This will give the heart contentment too that your intention is not half hearted but a sincere plea to Allah Ta'ala. The intention and Dua'a together are like the brick and cement of a house, the building will fail to establish itself with both of them.

Many people fail to realise that what they do the night before contributes to whether they wake up in the morning or not. It is very difficult for a person to wake up for Fajr if he spends the night watching TV, speaking to the opposite gender on the phone, MSN or indulging in other Haraam. This will intoxicate his mind with other things besides Allah Ta'ala. However, if Allah Ta'ala was the last thing we went to sleep thinking about then most assuredly (inshallah) He will be the first thing we think about in the morning. This too will help wake us up inshallah.

One should keep an alarm on his phone or clock. Many phones have the ability to have five alarms, one should set all these alarms as perhaps one them may get you out of bed. It is also an idea to keep the phone away from your bed so that you do not press 'snooze' or 'off'.

Get friends who are steadfast or who also have a desire to pray Fajr and ring one another in the morning. Leave your phone on loud so that it wakes you up.

Sleep early the night before, avoid getting into a scheme where you sleep extremely late and are not able to wake up for Fajr. Some from among us may have insomnia and in situations like this it is really important to keep someone close who can wake you up with care and love.

Once you get into the habit of reading Fajr, it doesn't matter how late you sleep, your eyes will automatically wake up at the time of Fajr and soon you will find it firm in your life (inshallah). One should continually make Dua'a and seek the help of Allah Ta'ala.

After waking up, it is quite hard to sleep. One should make Dhikr, Istigfaar and send Durood Sharif in this time. Those who have permission for Dhikr bil Jahr should fix this time to do so. Also, those who are Talaba should use this time to do Mutala of their kitabs and to make Dua'a that Bari Ta'ala maintains and increases their memory.

Ponder over the words Hazrat Umar radiallahu anhu proclaimed a short while before his death. "There is no Islam for the one who leaves his prayer."
Much more can be said but I fear Shaytaan may cause your wonderful eyes to close before you finish this article. May Allah Ta'ala give me and you all the ability to protect each one of our prayers. May He make it easy for us and create a deep love for prayer in our hearts. Ameen

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Mashallah very usefull thread. May Allah reword you dear brother for sharing with us. I set up sometimes 2 alarms, in the case that I do not wake up after first ring of alarm.:hijabi:

May Allah help us all to wake up on fajr salah, because Allahs Messanger sallahu alaya wa salam said that fayr is one of the best salah that Muslim can preforme, SubhanAllah.

:wasalam:

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum

JazakAllahu khair for sharing

Subhan Allah, alhamdu li Allah

I'm now in such a country where fajr starts at 6.47 and sun rises at 9.43, as winter is going on
when the summer will be on then fajr will be at 2:50 and sunrise will be at 3.40

Subhan Allah

wa alaikum salam

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Also, one thing which I have found more beneficial than an alarm on your phone - set the athan on your phone, and set the volume to the highest - it is the surest way to wake up for Fajr.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
One more thing: Drink a lot of W-A-T-E-R! Believe me this is the best way. It works!:D

Thats a "Natural Alarm".

Also, important thing is climb out of the bed as soon as you hear an Alarm.
If you decide to sleep for "5 minutes", most probably he wont wake up for hours.

asalaf salih

I' m sorry

I' m sorry for the use of these words:
Hazrat
Durood Sharif
Mutala of their kitabs

Why? Cos only soffie' s use this kind of words. I' m trying to help you and myself but i forgot to change the words.
Ahl soenah wa al jamma3ah don' t say such things.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
One more thing: Drink a lot of W-A-T-E-R! Believe me this is the best way. It works!:D

salam alaikum

yeah thats true, I used to do this, sometimes I even used to wake up hour before Fajr.
but now alhamdu li Allah,waking up has become a habit, or even I go to bed after fajr, often.

wa alaikum salam

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Thats a "Natural Alarm".

Also, important thing is climb out of the bed as soon as you hear an Alarm.
If you decide to sleep for "5 minutes", most probably he wont wake up for hours.

JazakAllahu Khayran for your advice.

I would like to add something to your advice.

It is not a good idea to stand at once after waking up as you might slip/trip due to imbalance. Your body has been resting for hours and all of a sudden it has to balance itself, at times it could lead to the person getting hurt.

One of my relatives was once awoken to an emergency. In a hurry, he got out of bed as soon as he could and he was not to balance himself (on his legs) and fell face first in to the ground. Alhamdulillah he recovered from his injuries.

Therefore I would recommend *sitting up* in your bed and rubbing the traces of your sleep away from your face (as per the Sunnah of Rasool SallAllahu Alleihi Wasallama ) and then recite the dua of waking up which is

Alhamdu lillaahil-lathee 'ahyaanaa ba'da maa 'amaatanaa wa'ilayhin-nushoor.

Praise is to Allah Who gives us life after He has caused us to die and to Him is the return.

Then you can stand up and proceed to wash your hands and make wudhu InshaAllah.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
I' m sorry for the use of these words:
Hazrat
Durood Sharif
Mutala of their kitabs

Why? Cos only soffie' s use this kind of words. I' m trying to help you and myself but i forgot to change the words.
Ahl soenah wa al jamma3ah don' t say such things.

Hazrat - as far as I know there is no harm in using this term. Its just a title of respect. A bit like arabs saying 'Sayyidina' or something similar.

Sufi's use the word 'Sidi' and I dunno what it means actually, maybe its the same thing, respect? But then they use it amongst themselves too..

Durood Sharif - aka Salawaat upon Muhammad salAllaahu alayhi wasallam, as long as its referring to ones found in the Sunnah I don't think theres a problem.

I don't know about the last one you listed.

I am personally not in the habit of using these terms, yet if I hear them I don't automatically think the user is a person of bid'ah and outside ASWJ. I don't think theres any real harm in using these terms. Theres no need to expel their use from the category of the Ahlus Sunnah, ofcourse one should be cautious, but then thats with everything. Allaahu'alem.

Anyways this thread is a beneficial post, JazakAllaah khayr.

Wa-salaam

saifkhan

abd-Allah
^ I thing who has done Hijrah for the sake of religion, is called Hajrat?
correct me, if I'm wrong, becuase Im not sure

wa alaikum salam

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
^ I thing who has done Hijrah for the sake of religion, is called Hajrat?
correct me, if I'm wrong, becuase Im not sure

A person who has done hijrah is referred to as a Muhaajir. Muhajireen for a group of them.

Wa-salaam

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/
Buy Alarm Clock

Or keep your PC open and put the volume high

Go to this website.

http://kukuklok.com/

it is an online Alarm Clock

you will never miss fajir again Inshallah.

Make sure you test the clock before you sleep .

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam!

Hehe wanna hear my way? IT works!!!

1) Like Perseveranze said, throw the alarm far away from you, I leave it on a HEAVY vibrate, and since no one really prays in my house I run to the alarm trying to not wake anyone hehe

2) Think of shaytan smiling when your still asleep in your bed, (yes I know extreme but it works) this way you'd think: OH YOU THINK I'M NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO GET UP HUH? (to the shaytan) ... I'LL SHOW YOU! (Basically be competitive against shaytan, wouldn't want to get his pee pee in your ear now would you!)

3) RUN TO THE TOILET TO DO WUDHU A.S.A.P YEEEEHA

this works for me teehee.. !

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:ma:very useful tips. This is a very important prayer and this was very beneficial, especially for me, alhamdullilah.

Barakallahu Feekum!:hijabi: