to get the most out of Islam

allahsservant

beautifl muslimah
what is the best way to get the most out of Islam? i am a convert and live at home and im 16 years old. i pray regulary and try not to eat pork and repent for my sins, but unfortunately i dont have much privacy and cant read the Quran as much as i would like to. also, i cant wear hijab because my parents dont like Islam. i want to do more things that deal with iIslam and increase my faith, without it being obvious to my parents and other borther and two sisters....what can i do?:ma: :tti_sister: :shymuslima1:

KhalidalAsadullah

Al Mujahid
:salam2:

:ma: 16? Alhamduilah. For a while there I was kinda in the same situation. I would never eat pork again and listen to online lectures if you cannot meet with the local islamic community. Try to read Qu'ran whenever you can. Maybe go to the park and bring it with you. This is a test for you and you should do more then just survive it you should defeat it :).

here is a good site with lectures for beginners. I suggest Muhammad Al Shareef and Khaled Yaseen.

misalat

as salaamu alleykum sister.
:ma:

It's a great thing to hear, your story. Yes, it's a test from Allah S.W.T. and if you will be patient enough, your reward will be so big. continue to use you diplomacy with your parents as you can not confront them at this moment. try and meet any good muslim that you can reach, be it in the masjid or any other place. share your experiences with any muslim you can find around.
It's our sincere prayers that you will be out of any problems soon. Inshaa Allah.

A

addan

hi sis

salamu alakum
hi sis i tink is funny wan u said u family hate islam
did thay now islam?
how can some one dont now what islam is becoming hater
i sink u family stupet
and u some one dont now islam.
whay i say to u this becouse if u believe islam is trou religeon way u scare
u family i dont understand this.
sow tray to gate a life.
then u family wan thay see to u becoming strong then thay will exsept u
sister dont scare any one scare allah and wear hijab
allah is who exsapt u no u family.
and kep prayer
:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:
:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum !

Masha-Allah sister, its really nice to know that u are smarter than many of the older people around. Sister since i really have never been in any situation like this but i was just thinking that what u can do in such a situation like this and i came to the conclusion that u can do a lot of Zikr (rememberance of Allah). Allah says in the Quran

Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are indeed signs for men of understanding. (190) Those who remember Allâh standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): "Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted are You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire. (191) "Our Lord! Verily, whom You admit to the Fire, indeed, You have disgraced him, and never will the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers) find any helpers. (192) "Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one (Muhammad SAW) calling to Faith: ‘Believe in your Lord,’ and we have believed. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrâr (the pious believers of Islamic Monotheism). (193) "Our Lord! Grant us what You promised unto us through Your Messengers and disgrace us not on the Day of Resurrection, for You never break (Your) Promise." (194) So their Lord accepted of them (their supplication and answered them), "Never will I allow to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female.

and since you are trying your best Allah promises you sister

And whosoever fears Allâh and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). (2) And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allâh, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allâh will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allâh has set a measure for all things. (3)

As for those who strive hard in Us (Our Cause), We will surely guide them to Our Paths (i.e. Allâh's religion - Islâmic Monotheism). And verily, Allâh is with the Muhsinûn (good doers)."[] (69)

i pray to Allah to make it easy for u sister. Please remember me in your duas.
m'asaalaam

liaa

goshh!! i'm so proud :)) i'm almost her age , except i'm borned muslims , and i have this huge respect for converted people , cause they respect islam, and they obey allah with huimlity ,and they respect rules , and the borned muslims usually don't do this they usually go to the wrong direction.:))
i just wanted to say that i consider you a very smart , brave and courageous girl , cause if i would be you i wouldn't have done thi steo until i'd be 18, so none could say i'm doing smth wrong and try to stop me .
Allah protect you !

Paki Idol

Defender of Islam
You are going through one of the most difficult period of your Iman(faith).Allah says that He makes the test harder equivalent to the firmness of one's faith(Iman).Putting you to test is indeed itself a sign that you are near to Allah and the more will be your reward.This phase is only a temporary phase and InshAllah, everything will get right in it's place.You'll have to put trust in Allah.You can contact other Muslims in your neighbourood (i.e. near you)who would help you in this difficult periods and provide you with more knowledge of Islam.Remember, Allah loves His servant 70 times more a mother loves her child.Even if somebody gets hurt equal to a poke of needle, Allah lowers one's sins.Allah also promises the Patient ppl about their victory i.e. Paradise.I'll tell you of such a website which you enable you to become a better Muslimah i.e. get the best out of Islam

the site is removed:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Daughter,

Your story makes me weep for joy. You can recite the Quran via the internet. Allah opens the doors for you. Realize you have everyone on this site praying (making dua ) for you. Do you see how you have increased the faith of others.
Gently start wearing scarves with all your outfits..until it becomes the norm. As you live in the US visit www.hijabgirl.com. Faith by its very nature is infectious. As you walk past your family they will smell the perfume of your imam. You would help them to understand what is really important in this life. Educate them. Daoud Warnsbry Ali's video The Veil is wonderful. Share it with them.
Should you need a gentle word write to all your sisters and even a mother on this site.

Abu Eesaa

Servant Of Allah
Salaam Brother,

I wanted to say I was appalled at ur reply to this sisters email. You have no right to be rude to her or her parents and by writing and sounding the way you do, Makes people believe every muslim is like you.
I would like to start by saying to the sister please ignore the brother who has clearly insulted you and your family and I apologise on brothers addan's behalf.
The first thing you say is you want to get closer to Islam and want advice.
My advice to you sister is first, be patient. If you want to read a the quran in a peacful enviroment then you could always go to your local libarary. As for you parents make dua(pray) to Allah (swt) and ask Allah (swt) to soften your parents hearts, so when you finanly do tell them that they can hear you with an open heart.
You say your family hates Islam? Do you know there reasons why? Once you know there reasons then you can tackle them in a apropriate manner and correct their mis-conceptions. Remember sister you have no right to be rude to your parents even if they are not Muslims. Be polite and correct them when they say something which is incorrect regarding Islam.
Allah (swt) in many parts of the HOLY QURAN states "WORSHIP ME" be good to your parents. "OBEY ME" be dutiful to your parents.
Allah (swt) whenever he mentions himself in the HOLY QURAN and in regards to worshiping him, he always mentions your parents and there status. So please do look after you parents and may Allah (swt) guide them to the straight path, to the DEEN OF ISLAM.
The other way you can be close to Allah is to do Zhikar by reciting Allhudulliah, Subhanallh and Allahu Akbar. Most importantly try do your Five time prays thats what seperates a believer from a non believer his the five daily prayers.
Sisters please do not eat non halal meat especially Pork, You can explain to you parents you do not want to eat pork without it having to be anything to do with Islam. I have plenty of non muslim friends who do not eat pork.
As for gaining more knowledge there are plenty of cd/tapes you can buy on Islam and sit and listen to in your bedroom, using headphones.
There are lots of islamic sites on the net that you can get information from.

I hope this minor little information has helped you sister...

Salaam from your older Brother in Islam......

Abu Eesaa

Ling

My dear sister,

I know exactly what you're going through as I am a convert myself. Brother Abu has given excellent advice - you have to practise patience. Treat your parents well and always with respect. The prophet has said "Good manners (adab) are a part of faith".
Practise saying zhikr as often as you can - when sitting in the bus, when walking, when lying in bed (before sleep), etc and especially when encountering a difficult situation. My favourite is "La illaha illalLah". Perfect your 5 daily prayers first. Do not worry about the hijab. Concentrate on perfecting the inner aspects of Islam.

Trust in Allah swt.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:wasalam:

I would like thank some bros and sis here for giving good advice.

Unfortunately, there are many new Muslims who are in your position. Some who are even younger than yourself.

The main thing is to be patient and to do your best, a Muslim is one who worships Allah alone and who follows the Prophet :saw:.

Islam is a Religion of ease, and if things are difficult in your home situation then you do the most you can do. It is also permissible to hide the fact that you are a Muslim from your family and friends, if that will make things easier for you.

Also, I recommend that you read about the lives of the Companions of the Prophet :saw:, some of them went through much harsh treatment from the disbelievers, and some of them unfortunately had to endure harship from their parents too.

One of the most noble examples of muslim womanhood and the first martyr of Islam was the female companionSumayyah Bint Khabbab (may Allah be pleased with her). She was one those who stood fast and resolute upon the worship of Allah alone when the muslims were few and their success was only through patience upon the truth .
Sumayyah bint Khabbab

Musab ibn Umayr was born and grew up in the lap of affluence and luxury. His rich parents lavished a great deal of care and attention on him. He wore the most expensive clothes and the most stylish shoes of his time. Yemeni shoes were then considered to be very elegant and it was his privilege to have the very best of these.

As a youth he was admired by the Quraysh not only for his good looks and style but for his intelligence. His elegant bearing and keen mind endeared him to the Makkan nobility among whom he moved with ease. Although still young, he had the privilege of attending Quraysh meetings and gatherings. He was thus in a position to know the issues which concerned the Makkans and what their attitudes and strategies were.......
Musab ibn Umayr (Radhiyallahu Anhu)

Biographies of the Companions of the Prophet

May Allah make things easier for you sister, and make us all better Muslims . Ameen

wasalamu alaykum