Today was a good day

Ladybug3478

Hello,

Today was a good day! I am not Muslim and, am still studying Islam. But, today I wore my headscarf for the first time. I was a little nervous. I didn't necessarily wear it in any obvious style - it was tied around my head and the long piece wrapped around like a bun. My decision to wear scarf was based on what I read in the Torah, Bible, and Quran. And, mainly that little voice saying to do so. :)

As I went on to my destination - many thoughts circled my head. Are people looking at me? What are they thinking? Oh, who cares what they think - it's about God. Is God pleased with me? I'm so happy that I did it. As I walked past jobs and residences of people I know and family members, thoughts of their reaction circled my brain.

Other thoughts and realizations on my journey: People: Of Muslims that were in my life going back some 10 years or so. A woman, named Summer from Jordan was the first Muslim I remember. I remember her because she seemed so sweet. She gave my children and myself rides to the school on days we needed it. When locked out of my apartment - she opened her home to us while I waited for my brother with the key. We'd compare stories of Adam and Eve from the Bible and Quran. Somehow the Quran fell on the floor - she would not touch it because she was unclean at the time. She had her young daughter put it away (these things stuck with me). My husband. The window sales person who showed up after I signed up for window installation with a hardware store. What he spoke of was truly beneficial. Please note: There have always been Christians in my enviroment.

Changes: Within the last month I've wanted to be cleaner so, I stopped putting on nail polish (not sure if this has anything to do with Islam) and now I don't want to. My family and I started eating Halal as I grew tired of hormones in my food and learning what KFC does with the chickens. Also, as a result of my eyebrows being threaded to thin I wanted to let them grow in for the purpose of creating a new style. Then, on this site I read a post where someone was talking about not plucking her eyebrows. I'm not saying that I will never pluck my eyebrows but, I have no desire right now even though I've done it for almost 10 years. A few weeks ago planning to fast after I was clean and it seems somehow the days that I'm fasting on have some significance in Islam (even thought I'm not sure of what it is yet). But, when I fast now - it's between God and me and not purposely tied to any religious purposes. Also, my husband may be Muslim but, none of the woman in his family cover their heads. But, when I tried on the headscarf - my husband commented on my beauty! If you knew my husband and what the Turban/ headscarf symbolizes to his family (he's changing) you would know that this is a big deal.

So, I finally arrived at my appointment. It just so happens that this woman studied a number of religions. She is Catholic and her husband is Jewish but, she knows about Islam. She has an Islamic woman as a client who gave her the Quran (after she promised to not bring it in the bathroom or touch it during menstruation). She told me that in the old testament when Hagar (PBUH) was alone with Ishmael (PBUH) that God came to her and said a nation will be built from Ishmael and nothing else is said about them after that. Wow, I have to look into this but, for me (a non Muslim) it truly builds my faith. I love conversing about this so, that was good.

Then on the way back - I ran into my sister in law and nephew. Well, my sister in law is someone who has built up prejudices for some people and religions. Example: For two years now - I haven't necessarily participated (or not fully) in Christmas and other holidays. To her, people like myself are depriving the children of innocent fun. But, let me tell you...my scarf started falling off (didn't do a good job putting it on :)) and she fixed it for me twice!! The second time she offered to help fix the clips so that it would help it 'not to fall off'! Like I said....it was a good day.

I thank God for working so many great things in my life, giving me courage to do what is right for his sake, and showing me that if I believe in him all else will fall into place.

I hope that my writting isn't too confusing. I was attempting to get to the points without going to far into detail. Hope I succeeded. :)

Well, I'm writing this post because this site actually plays a huge role in my obtaining knowledge of Islam.

Thanks

BigAk

Ladybug3478....

I had a bad day at work.... But, reading your story made my day... Thank you for making me happy. :D

FreedomFighter

:salam2:

:) that was nice to read!!! wow am amazed you wore the scarf though your not Muslim :).. Ismael is the sacrifical son because he was elder and the practice at the time was to give their oldest..maybe the first born sheep wuold be sacrificed...that was the custom..i remember reading the biography of the prophet(pbuh) by some famous person and i dont remember who! something like Shiblighi?? dont know... i didnt finish the whole book though, but in the beginning he was giving prove that Ismael is the sacrifical one..he also said that Abel also used to sacrifice his first born sheeps..first i didnt know who was Abel but i'd seen the name around...and then i found out..lol..one of the sons of Adam... take care

a_stranger

Peace sister
We (all people of the world) belong to one creator who have sent all the noble prophets through history the seal of them is prophet Mohammad :saw:. One Message One God. Your post refresh hearts and tells that there is still good in our world. May Allah guide us all to his way.

warda A

Sister
asalam aleikum
As some one said you made my day too.
i about getting depressed, alhamdullilah for your story.
May Allah Ta'ala guide us all to the straight path.
ameen

:tti_sister::hearts:

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

I READ A STORY ABOUT A WOMAN WHO IS A LESBIAN PROCLAIMING HER 'SLAVERY TO DIRTY DESIRES 'BY BURNING THE HIJAB.

I READ UR STORY OF PROCLAIMING YOUR FREEDOM FROM EVERYONE EXCEPT ALLAH BY WEARING YOUR HIJAB.

SWEET IS THE LIFE AND BEYOND ,OF THOSE WHOM ALLAH LOVES AND MAY THE ENEMIES OF ALLAH NEVER SLEEP EVEN IN THEIR SLEEP.

mezeren

May Allah complete your journey and bless you with islam.Someone's being happy by trying to please The Creator could make others who are far away happy as well.islam is all about inner peace.Once you find it,your life becomes meaningful.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
alhamdulillah ...every day i have a good day... i agree ! sometimes i pass through bad days ... but alhamdulillah ...right i am so happy ....lol...:blackhijab:

Nurain

Ma sha Allah very good for you. It is obvious that you "went into" today with positive thoughts about Allah and the determination to make it all work out for you. I understand what you are saying.. I have had such days too! :D

I'm so proud of you, sis!

Salam

BigAk

Ladybug3478.,,, a Muslim at heart... A true follower of Muhammad, Jesus, and the prior Messengers of God.

pcozzy

mashAllah,

may we all be guided by Allah

for Allah knows when someone is sincere or not and may we all come to Allah with sincerity and an open heart.

You made me happy today.

:wasalam:

Ladybug3478

Hello,

I am so thankful to God for smiles brought to your faces. In turn, a smile has been brought to my face as well!

It's very nice to have a place where expressions of love for God are common and no one will react as if I have four heads. :)

I've been thinking about making a T-shirt that says 'Mary (PBUH) mother of Jesus' (PBUH) is my role model but, not quite sure if I want to be a walking advertisement for what God has said we should do all along. Any opinions on this?

All thanks to God! :)

Oh wait....I should use the smiley face with the headscarf! Hehehe! :hijabi:

a_stranger

What a beautiful innocent pure smiling face :hijabi::hijabi::hijabi::hijabi::hijabi::hijabi::hijabi:

I pary to Allah swt that more women practise this purity Higab :blackhijab::blackhijab::blackhijab::blackhijab::blackhijab::blackhijab:.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
MashaAllah! it's very enlighetening to read your post... you truely have a Muslim heart like BigAk said. Iam so proud of you and the desicion you made sister! all praises and thanks are due to the almighty, all wise, most meciful and oft-forgiving Allah (GOD).

salahdin

Wonderful story may ALLAH lord of the world guide you to the straight path (ISLAM)

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

34:49 (Asad) Say: “The truth has now come [to light, and falsehood is bound to wither away]: [60] for, falsehood cannot bring forth anything new, nor can it bring back [what has passed away].” [61]

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
beautiful story sister it really cheered me up and relaxed me
thank you
May Allah (swt) bless you and all of us- ameen

sultanat

that is right

it was a good day really but it will be better when you taste the sweetness of the faith may allah bless you sister