Tutu Shocked by Palestinian Suffering

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
IslamOnline.net & News Agencies

GAZA CITY — Nobel Peace laureate Desmond Tutu stressed on Wednesday, May 28, that the UN fact-finding team has been "devastated" by stories from the survivors of a 2006 Israeli bombing that killed 19 civilians in Gaza.
"We wanted to say that we are quite devastated. This is not something you want to wish on your worst enemy," said Tutu, the retired Anglican archbishop of Cape Town.

A team of UN human rights observers travelled to the town of Beit Hanun in northern Gaza on a fact-finding mission about an Israeli bombing attack on the night of November 8, 2006, reported Agence France-Presse (AFP).

They listened as members of the Assamna family recounted the Israeli shelling of their village that killed 19 civilians, including eight children, while they were sleeping.

On the top floor of the bombed home, the glass in the windows is gone and there is a hole in the ceiling and the blue sky can been seen through the rusted iron frame of the house.

"I was here with my son. I was holding his hand when he died," said Tahini al-Assamna through her tears.

"Can you imagine a mother holding the intestines of her own son."

She also lost three of her brothers-in-law in the attack while her husband was killed two days before the bombing in an Israeli army operation.

Leaning against a scorched wall of the house, Saad Abdallah Assamna, 52, said he only hoped that "there will be an inquiry and those responsible will be judged before an international tribunal."

The UN Human Rights Council had decided to send a team to Gaza to investigate the killings in 2006 but Israel refused to grant visas.

Tutu and his team on Tuesday, May 27, circumvented Israeli restrictions by entering the Palestinian territory through the crossing with Egypt, which was opened especially for them.

After conducting an internal investigation, the Israeli army announced in February that no charges would be brought against any soldier over the attack.

Harsh Reality

The Nobel Peace laureate plunged into the harsh reality in the long-besieged Gaza Strip.

He met with the mayor of Beit Hanun, a member of Hamas which has ruled Gaza since last June after ousting forces loyal to Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas.

"The Israelis do not need any pretext to kill civilians. The only goal is to kill," the mayor, Mohammed Naziq al-Kafarna, told Tutu and British professor Christine Chinkin who is accompanying the mission.

"What we have seen confirms that what has happened is totally unacceptable," said Tutu, also conveying his sympathies to the townspeople.

But the longtime anti-apartheid and peace activist pointed out that there is also suffering on the other side of the border in Israel.

"We also say that the people of Sderot suffer from the Qassam rockets. We care about them too," said Tutu.

Israel has refused to allow the UN rights observers to visit the southern town of Sderot to speak with the victims of rocket firings.

"The two people, Israeli and Palestinian, can live peacefully together but it cannot happen through acts of violence," said Tutu.

"You must realize that the Palestinians are fighting for their rights. The rockets are one reaction to Israeli military operations," said Mayor al-Kafarna.

"Rockets are nothing in the face of Israeli Apache helicopters and F-16s which kill our children day and night."

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...58016605&pagename=Zone-English-News/NWELayout

cmelbouzaidi

Heartbreaking, Jazak Allahu Khair, Sister, thank you for sharing. We must do what we can to support our brothers and sisters in Palestine and we need to be aware of the horrible reality that is their daily lives to keep this in the forefront of our attention so we never forget and band together to bring a free Palestine about, through peaceful means, Insha Allah.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Why is human rights more important in one part of the world, but not in another?

Why is the west turing a blind eye to the atrocities in Palestine?

Why do they behave like everything is fine there?

When Israel is taking part in European and International sport and other competitions, why are they not asked about their human rights record?

Why are they allowed to carry on this human tragedy?

Why is America giving Israel billions of dollars every year so that they can continue the same?

And above all, why is the general public of the west, who can make a difference, not raising any concerns about this?

Why?:SMILY23:

cmelbouzaidi

I can say as an Irishwoman growing up in Ireland, we were very aware of the plight of the Palestinians as we shared some common ground with our land being occupied and atrocities being commited against both our people. The IRA had started as a peaceful organization until one day in the early 1970s, people were gunned down by the British army as they attended a peaceful rally on a Sunday afternoon.... and the "terrorist" wing of the IRA was born.... Not to mention when England occupied the whole of Ireland and there was the Potato Famine a couple of hundred years back that killed millions of Irish (starved to death) while the British were busy growing crops like corn on our land and exporting them rather than feeding the starving.....

Now that I live in the US, and I have lived in New York and now in Florida, I can say that the average American has no idea what is going on in Palestine whatsoever. They do not even know that Israel was Palestine until 1948!! In fact there is a policital agenda here from the Christian right..... I nearly had a heart attack when I was in a "Christian" book store and picked up a book with the star of David on the front (written by some moronic "Christian" minister from Texas) and it denied that Palestine ever existed.... it was saying it was the biggest hoax ever!! So many here are "Born again" Christians and they believe they have to support Israel no matter what so that the "raptures" can begin. For some reason they do not care that this means supporting the torture and killing of innocents every day, not to mention the theft of their land and that this is not even just Muslims being killed by Israel but Christians, too. I find this extremely troubling.

Plus, for those that are not " Born again" it is often a matter of ignorance.... The mainstream media just shows casualties from suicide bombers in a cafe in Tel Aviv, for example, but we don't hear that earlier that day several Palestinian kids were killed. I have to tune into BBC to hear something a little more balanced, relatively speaking :) Also, in a capitalist society like this one, it is dog eat dog and I hate to say it but many Americans do not have sympathy for others and are not bothered as long as it is not affecting them or their loved ones directly.... If it is just "them", it is okay. Also, the arabs in general have been dehumanized that makes this easier.... Long before 9/11 they were portraying arabs as lunatic murderers in mainstream movies..... Americans are beyond naive and believe what is fed to them.... It is a good tactic from those in charge of the media (i.e. wealthy Jews) as when you dehumanize a people, it makes it easier for the people of a country like the USA to turn a blind eye when these people suffer. Blacks were dehumanized in South Africa to allow for the apartheid system to work, not to mention using the bible here also to make blacks seem "sub-human".... It is not uncommon for KKK members to have a bible in one hand and Mein Kempf (spelling?) by Hitler in the other.....

Also, on a lighter note, why is Israel allowed compete in any European competition???..... Israel is not in Europe! Years ago, we wondered about that and it still goes on today.... terrible....

blackivy393

"Can you imagine a mother holding the intestines of her own son."

wow seeing this quote right here really hit me

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Dear sister cmelbouzaidi assalamu alaikum!

You took the words out of my mouth.

When I was asking "why?" I was actually referring to the ignorance of the public in the west and the brainwashing tactics used by the media owned by the Zionists and dehumanising of the Arabs/muslims.

Also, on a lighter note, why is Israel allowed compete in any European competition???..... Israel is not in Europe! Years ago, we wondered about that and it still goes on today.... terrible....

Exactly.

Now here goes another one:

Rupert Murdoch Astralian born American national, who is a Zionist, and runs the Australian, British and US media attended the 60th anniversary of Israel.

He runs many tv channels, newspapers and websites in USA, UK and Asia.

His TV channels are Fox News Channels, Foxtel, Star TV, Sky Television, BskyB, Direct TV,

His newspapers are Star, New York Post, Herald, Weekly Times Ltd., The Weekly Standard, The News of the World, The Sun, The Times, The Sunday Times, TV Week, New Idea, The Daily Mirror, The Australian, The Daily Telegraph.

His recording companies are Festival Records, Festival Mushroom Records (FMR).

He owns Intermix Media Inc which runs websites such as MySpace dot com

He used to hold secret meetings with Tony Blair.

Now he wants to become Turkish citizen so that he can expand his wings there too.

It is all too clear isn't it?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

It is all too clear isn't it?

Yep. Zionists own a big part of the media and by this way they can decide what the most part of ordinary western public is seeing, listening and reading. And as many people in the west specially believe that they newspapers don´t tell lies... so then they are ready to believe those lies of zionists.

Also many christians in the west believe that they have to protect Isreal and support it by any ways - as it is the holy land. They would shocked if they could read news how zionists are burning the Bibles in they Yeshivas (religionaly school).

http://www.uruknet.de/?p=m44374&hd=&size=1&l=e

They would say this is just propaganda against they holy Isreal...

:SMILY335:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
One question
The Arabs have billions of dollars why don't they control anything?

Good question. But are those Arabs whose have billions of dollars any interesting to help they brothers in Palestine or are they interesting about something else?

A_Palestinian_cry_for_help_by_Latuff2.jpg

by Latuff​

warda A

Sister

Good question. But are those Arabs whose have billions of dollars any interesting to help they brothers in Palestine or are they interesting about something else?

A_Palestinian_cry_for_help_by_Latuff2.jpg

by Latuff​

sister harb that cartoon says it all
the arabs are too busy helping themselves, forgetting :- help thy neigbour

wow tutu finally came....so whens madonna and anjelina jokie coming?.....palestine doesnt need sympathies it needs action jz like other countries like chechnya and kashmir.......

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Desmond Tutu has spoken for the issue of Palestine already for years.

As I see, the most what Palestine needs is the political support against the zionist acts and against the colonialist policy of the USA. And your prayers and acts too, sisters and brothers.

:shake: