:Two Different Masjids two different patterns of Khutbah:

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

This post of mine shouldn't be picked up as intentional promotion of sectarianism by me. I am a seeker of truth. Alhamdulillah.

I have been praying at Masjids of two Jamaats namely Ahlul Hadith and Tablighi. My best efforts are to pray at Masjid of Ahlul Hadith Jamaat. But I am under subordination of time constrains which often compels me praying at Masjids of Tablighi Jamaat. Leaving aside matters related to Fard prayers I have some questions concerning Jummah.

The answer of questions I am trying to know is related to Jummah Khutbah. At Masjid Ahlul Hadith the first Khutbah is in our local language (Urdu\Hindi) and usually it is in form of a lecture related to different issues of Deen. This Khutbah is delivered by Imam while standing on Mimbar. After this first Khutbah,Imaam takes a pause and sits down at Mimbar for few seconds. He again stands up to deliver second Khutbah which is spoken by him in Arabic. It is usually a very short Khutbah.

During Khtbah at the Masjids of Tablighi Jamaat, the Imaam at first occupies a seat at a chair and not at the Mimbar. While being seated at chair he delivers a lecture in our local language Urdu\Hindi. Unlike Ahlul Hadiths,Tablighis do not call this lecture as first Khtbah. Here the Imaam after the lecture delivers two prolonged Khutbah in Arabic from the Mimbar.

This is striking difference in patterns of Khutbah at these two different Masjids. Should both the Khutbahs be in Arabic?. The address of Imaam in local language is a part of Khutbah or not?.

Regards.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

Funny thing is that many of the tableeghis who follow the hanafi madh-hab (and oblige every layman to stick to 'one' madh-hab strictly) don't even stick to their own madh-hab when it comes to doing the khutbah in another language other than Arabic. The known opinion of Imaam Abu Haneefah rahimahullaah is that it is permissible to do it in another language.

sachin4islam

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

Funny thing is that many of the tableeghis who follow the hanafi madh-hab (and oblige every layman to stick to 'one' madh-hab strictly) don't even stick to their own madh-hab when it comes to doing the khutbah in another language other than Arabic. The known opinion of Imaam Abu Haneefah rahimahullaah is that it is permissible to do it in another language.

Assalamu Alaikum: Br Thariq.

Thanks for the clarification. May Allah (SWT) enrich further your understanding of Deen.

Regards.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Anything delivered verbally from place other than Mimbar during Jummah isn't counted as Khutbah.?

Regards.

strive-may-i

Hadees
One hadees accurately tells us that the incident happened in a mosque with atleast three stairs, Prophet gave khutbah from a Mimbar.

From Sermons I have seen related to Mimbar
Khutbah is given from a Mimbar an elevated platform. Khutbah starts with climbing mimbar. There are more rules for the Imaam.

And are you asking it because, you have seen a practice where they give a sermon (not friday sermon), without standing on Mimbar, before the actual khutbah? In some mosque the sermon is after the Juma'h prayers. I am told its backed by Hadees and or practice of Sahaba...

And Almighty knows best.