UFO?

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) knows best.

(5) The jinn and UFOs

There is great deal of talk nowadays about UFOs. Hardly a week goes by without us hearing about a person or a number of people having seen a UFO (unidentified flying object) hovering in the air or settled on the ground, or they have seen extra terrestrial creatures emerging from it. There are even claims that some of these creatures have asked some people to go with them into the craft, where they carried out tests on them.

These claims are not made only by unknown people, they have also been made by prominent people such as the president of the United States, who believes that he saw an unidentified flying object in the skies above the state of Georgia in 1973.

There is a special interest in other creatures which have started to invade the earth. The American president (as published in the newspapers) has spent an evening debating with one of the scientists who is convinced that man is not the only creature in the universe. President Carter was accompanied by Frank Burse, his advisor on scientific affairs.

After that Carter watched films in the National Observatory which showed the latest progress of the search for extraterrestrial creatures. These films were shown by Karl Sagan, the director of astronomy at Cornell University, to whom the US Space Agency constantly refers on matters concerning extraterrestrial beings.

(See Al-Siyaasah al-Kuwaytiyyah newspaper, issue # 3399, 5/12/77)

A supplement to the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Hadaf, published on 23/3/78 said that the former Chinese president (Mao Tse Tung) used to believe that there were creatures other than us on other planets.

The writer of the article said that approximately 61% of Americans believed that. The American press claims that nearly half a million Americans have seen these UFOs and some of them were able to make direct contact with them.

The American film-maker, Stepehn Spielberg, made a film called “Close Encounters of the Third Kind”, which cost US$ 22 million.

He made the film after collecting information from those who had seen flying saucers or made contact with them.

The film was shown first in the White House, and the American president was the first one to see it.

After this film came out, the US Space Agency was convinced of the necessity of research in this field. A million dollars was set aside for research in 1979, and this secret project was given the name SETI (the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence), the idea of which is to launch special equipment to search for radio messages sent from other planets.

After explaining the above, we can state the following:

1 – There is no room for us to deny the existence of strange, non-human creatures, because there are many concurring reports from tens of thousands, indeed hundreds of thousands of people. I have been following what has been said on this topic for a long time. I found articles every week, more or less, about groups or individuals having seen such things.

(The most recent event happened in Kuwait, where more than one person stated that they had seen a flying saucer. This news was published in the Kuwaiti media (Author))

2 – People are confused about these UFOS and the creatures who use them, especially since the speed of these UFOs is unimaginably great and is faster than any craft ever invented by man.

3 – I am almost certain that these creatures come from the world of the jinn who live on this earth of ours, of whom we have spoken above and explained that they have powers and abilities that exceed human capabilities. They have been given speed that exceeds the speed of sound and light, and the ability to change their form. They are able to appear to men in different shapes and forms.

Hence we can see clearly the favour that Allah has bestowed upon us by telling us of these realities, especially when we sense the anxiety and confusion felt by those who do not know what we know. Thus we can save our energy, money and scientific research to focus on something useful.
Some of us may wonder what the reason is for the appearance of these UFOs these days, and why they did not appear in the past.

The answer is that the jinn play different tricks at different times. This age is the age of scientific progress, so they mislead mankind in the manner which will attract their attention and make them curious. People nowadays are keen to find out about space and the possibility that there may be creatures other than them out there.

(World of the Jinn and Devils). (Refer to the thread for previous posts regarding Jinn if necessary).

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam alaikum ~ JazakAllah khairan for the explanation. It makes so much more sense than these 'alien' theories!

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Ok color me fully creeped out...makes it look as if Judgment Day's begun...

I always figured the jinn thing myself since I've always been fascinated with UFOs. However, it just made me wonder why the jinn would go down this route? I mean, what's there to gain from having people think there are beings on other planets? Also, how is it possible that there AREN'T lifeforms on other planets, when there are BILLIONS of planets.

Just another mystery pertaining to the ghayb...

By the way, the Jerusalem UFO was proven to be a hoax.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Maybe Jinn might be involved, maybe not. But the most common thing I've been hearing is that the elite who want a world government think that the best way to form it would be when all the people on the planet see an 'external' threat of some kind, so they would clamour for their own governements to protect them from this 'threat'. These so called "UFO sightings" might just be really high tech military inventions. Who knows? They want the public to be scared so they would *want* a one Earth-government to protect planet Earth from the so called "Aliens". Maybe these people have made a pact with the Jinn, along with scientific inventions to do this.

And Allah knows best. Just don't be creeped out people, because that's what *they* want you to do.

Here's just some background reading on this topic:

"Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful. This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government."

For your consideration: What is a UFO?
A UFO is a UNIDENTIFIED flying object, where as an IFO is a IDENTIFIED flying object. A UFO is simply something that flies that you are unable to identify.

It must be noted that the F117A stealth aircraft was developed in secret and then used and kept secret for 20 years before it was admitted that this aircraft indeed exists. The F117A was a UFO for 20 years. F117A being piloted by aliens is not indicated. Compare 20 year old admitted technology to todays admitted technology and then try to imagine what todays latest secret technology looks like. Would it look alien to you?

Educate yourself
"Those who fail to learn the lessons that history teaches, are doomed to repeat them"

True_Sultan

A logical believer

Maybe Jinn might be involved, maybe not. But the most common thing I've been hearing is that the elite who want a world government think that the best way to form it would be when all the people on the planet see an 'external' threat of some kind, so they would clamour for their own governements to protect them from this 'threat'. These so called "UFO sightings" might just be really high tech military inventions. Who knows? They want the public to be scared so they would *want* a one Earth-government to protect planet Earth from the so called "Aliens". Maybe these people have made a pact with the Jinn, along with scientific inventions to do this.

And Allah knows best. Just don't be creeped out people, because that's what *they* want you to do.

Here's just some background reading on this topic:

Its true, it migh not be a jinn showing itself or anything beyond the ordinary or ghayb. By its shape, it looks like an air bubble or just solidified sound. It is more possible that its a hypersonic aircraft. I guess engneers found a way of going hypersonic withought high altitude or transatmospheric propulsion?

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
at first I belived to the existence unidentified flying objects,but when the time passed I also saw how many reporter were able to make many fake videos and I started to decrease this conviction that there are some spaceships which fly around us.I wonder why I've never seen one flying over my town,but only in some specific places of the globe.maybe militaries are joking too much with an advanced technology and they're making some experiments to command the mind of people.I knew that the NASA is making experiments to some human minds and it's trying to put them to their limit until they kill themselves of kill someone else.in 1947 something landed on Roswell,but nobody really testyfied that it was a UFO,because the matter was in someway "hidden".like the massacre Hitler made on the Jewish and he hid it using some tricks,so americans are doing the same:there is something bigger that has nothing to do with jinn or extraterrestrial presences.This is only my thought,I don't don't what's really happening

ShyHijabi

1. We cannot see Jinn, the Qur'an says so.

2. There are a ton of decent amateur special effects folks who can manipulate video.

abdul-aziz

1. We cannot see Jinn, the Qur'an says so.

2. There are a ton of decent amateur special effects folks who can manipulate video.

true we can't see Jinn, however there are means of communication that have existed even at the time of the prophet, PBUH.

I don't know the english equivalent of a person who is a kahin(in Arabic) but they communicate with evil Jinn(shaytan). As you know no good muslim Jinn will ever communicate with humans as it is prohibited by Allah. Although some Jinn who are evil do accept Islam and cease there ways.

As for the video, it is kinda tricky and there shouldn't be a whole hearted belief in them.

There was a flying saucer reported in the 50's somewhere in mid USA, Many described it. Well when the files opened up on the case(fbi handled it) it turned out to be an advanced vessel that the Russians were developing it was round and hovered. That was the 50's.

so do take these with a grain of salt and remember Allah is our protector.

By the way, the Jerusalem UFO was proven to be a hoax.

The people who declared it was a hoax were the people that whole heartedly believe in UFO's. They are independent UFO investigators from the UFO network. They have not yet stated how so many angles and sources captured it with respective angle of inclination.

:wasalam:

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender

As Muslims, isnt this verse of Quran enough for us to stop speculating?

And unto Allah maketh prostration whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth of living creatures, and the angels (also) and they are not proud. 16:49

As Muslims and human beings, we should know our own existence, concentrate on what matters, know our purpose, fulfill our obligations and let Allah deal with what is beyond our reach.

Someone rightly mentioned that such things can be used for diversion from what is important to muddy the water and catch the fish.

If we believe that Allah can create us, surely he can create other types of beings, simple as that.

The following verse could be referring to visitation by what we call aliens:

And of his signs is the creation of the heavens and earth and what He has dispersed throughout them of creatures. And He, for gathering them when He wills, is competent. 42:29

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
In the video posted above, the Sheikh mentions a hadith I heard for the first time: "Run from the leper as you would from a lion." But since Islam teaches us to be kind to all the sick, wouldn't this be hurtful to shun someone who has this disease?

Abu Talib

Feeling low
In the video posted above, the Sheikh mentions a hadith I heard for the first time: "Run from the leper as you would from a lion." But since Islam teaches us to be kind to all the sick, wouldn't this be hurtful to shun someone who has this disease?

Assalamu`alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

Good question. There is also another narrations which talks about it

This is part of a Hadith narrated by Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) which reads, “The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: There is no ‘Adwa (contagion, disease transmission naturally by itself not by the Decree of Allah), nor is there any Tiyarah (evil omen), nor is there any Hamah (pre-Islamic superstitious belief that the bones of a dead person turn into an owl), nor is there Safar (the month of Safar was believed to bring bad luck during Jahiliyyah), and run away from the leper as you would run away from a lion.” Related by Al-Bukhari in his Sahih (authentic) Book of Hadith, Kitab Al-Tibb (Book of Medicine), under the chapter of “Leprosy”.

It was also related by Ibn Hibban with the additional phrase “nor is there Naw’ (i.e., a promising star bringing rain)”. It was also related by Abu Nu‘aym , Book of Medicine, in the Hadith of Al-A‘raj, from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) with the following wording: Keep away from the leper as one keeps away from a lion. It was also related by Ibn Khuzaymah in Kitab Al-Tawakkul (Putting Trust in Allah), from ‘Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) with the following wording: There is no ‘Adwa (contagion, disease transmission naturally by itself not by the Decree of Allah), and if you see a leper, run away from them as you would run away from a lion. Muslim also related the same meaning in his Sahih Book of Hadith, under the last chapters of medicine, in the Hadith of ‘Amr Ibn Al-Sharid from his father that he said, There was in the delegation of Thaqif a leper, so the Prophet (peace be upon him) sent to him saying, “We have accepted your allegiance, so you may retrun.”
The best of what has been said in explanation of what is meant by the Prophet’s words, “There is no ‘Adwa (contagion)” is the statement of Al-Bayhaqi, followed by that of Ibn Al-Salah, Ibn Al-Qayyim, Ibn Rajab, Ibn Muflih and others, which explains that contagiousness is not to be understood as the people of Jahiliyyah (pre-Islamic time of ignorance) used to believe, i.e., attributing the effect to the thing itself rather than to Allah Who causes it to happen and that disease is transmitted naturally by itself (not by the Will and Decree of Allah). However, Allah, by His Will, may make contact with the sick one of the causes of disease transmission; therefore, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, Run away from the leper as you would run away from a lion. He also stated, “The sick should not be brought to the healthy (i.e., the owner of sick camels should not bring them near the healthy camels of another owner).” He informed us about plagues, “Whoever hears that it (plague) has spread in a land should not go there.” As all this happens by the Decree and Predestination of Allah, the Exalted

More explanation on it can be read here http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/45694/leprosy

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Do you have daleel to back this belief?

Uh...yeah.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/pda/ref/islamqa/40703

Can we see the jinn? Do they have a real form?

Praise be to Allaah.
The question is composed of two parts.

1 – Do the jinn appear in human form?

2 – Do the jinn have a real form?

With regard to the first question, it may be said:

Firstly: it should be noted that the basic principle concerning the jinn is that they are concealed from mankind, hence they are called jinn, because the Arabic root janna refers to a single original meaning which is to cover and conceal, as Ibn Faaris said in Maqaayees al-Lughah. The jinn are so called because they are concealed from mankind, and the foetus is called janeen in Arabic because he is concealed in his mother’s womb, and a garden is called jannah because it is concealed by trees, and an insane person is called majnoon because his mind is covered, and so on in all derivations from this root.

Allaah has told us of this when He said (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Children of Adam! Let not Shaytaan (Satan) deceive you, as he got your parents [Adam and Hawwaa’ (Eve)] out of Paradise, stripping them of their raiments, to show them their private parts. Verily, he and Qabeeluhu (his soldiers from the jinn or his tribe) see you from where you cannot see them”

[al-A’raaf 7:27]

Secondly: can they appear in human form?
The answer to that is that it is proven in the Sunnah and from real life that the jinn appear in different forms, such as the forms of people and animals, etc. Among the clearest evidence of that from the Sunnah is the story narrated by al-Bukhaari (3275) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) put me in charge of guarding the zakaah of Ramadaan. Someone came to me and started scooping up some of the food, and I said, “By Allaah, I will take you to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” He complained of being in need and having dependents, so Abu Hurayrah took pity on him and let him go. This happened three times, and on the third occasion, Abu Hurayrah said: “I will take you to the Messenger of Allaah. This is the third time and each time you say that you will not come back, then you come back.” He said, “Let me go and I will teach you something by means of which Allaah will benefit you.” I said: “What is it?” he said: “When you go to bed, recite Aayat al-Kursi, ‘Allaah! Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyoom (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists)…’ [al-Baqarah 2:255] until you complete the verse, then you will always have a protector from Allaah, and no devil will come near you until morning comes. So I let him go, and the next morning I told the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) what had happened. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “He told you the truth, although he is a liar. Do you know who you have been speaking to for three nights, O Abu Hurayrah?” He said: “No.” He said: “That was a devil (a shaytaan).”

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said in al-Fath: This hadeeth teaches us a number of things… that one of the characteristics of the Shaytaan is lying, and that he may appear in various forms that may be seen, and that the words of Allaah, “Verily, he and Qabeeluhu (his soldiers from the jinn or his tribe) see you from where you cannot see them” [al-A’raaf 7:27], apply to when he is in the form with which he was created.

It was narrated that the Shaytaan appeared to Quraysh in the form of Suraaqah ibn Maalik ibn Ju’sham and encouraged them to fight the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). That happened during the battle of Badr. Ibn Jareer al-Tabari narrated in his Tafseer (12564) that ‘Urwah ibn al-Zubayr said:

When Quraysh decided to march, mention was made of what was between them and Bani Bakr – i.e., war – and that almost made them change their minds. Then Iblees appeared to them in the form of Suraaqah ibn Ju’sham al-Madlaji, who was one of the nobles of Banu Kinaanah, and said: “I will protect you against Kinaanah so that Kinaanah will not be able to do you any harm.” So they went ahead with their plan. This was also quoted by Ibn Katheer in al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah, 5/62.

In Saheeh Muslim (2236) it is narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “In Madeenah there is a group of the jinn who have become Muslim, so whoever sees any of these creatures let him give it a warning three times, then if it appears after that he may kill it, for it is a devil.

The word translated as “creatures” here refers to kinds of snakes that appear in houses; they are not to be killed until they have been given a warning three times, because they may be jinn. See Ghareeb al-Hadeeth by Ibn al-Atheer.

Al-Nawawi said: What this means is that if they do not disappear after being warned, then they are not the kind of creatures that inhabit houses and they are not among the jinn who have become Muslim, rather that is a devil so there is no sin on you if you kill it and Allaah will never give the Shaytaan a way to prevail over you by taking revenge, unlike the creatures (snakes) and jinn who have become Muslim. And Allaah knows best. Sharh Muslim, 14/236.

There have been many such incidents. Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah) said: The jinn may appear in human and animal form, so they may appear as snakes and scorpions etc, or in the form of camels, cattle, sheep, horses, mules and donkeys, or in the form of birds, or in the form of humans, as the Shaytaan came to Quraysh in the form of Suraaqah ibn Maalik ibn Ju’sham when they wanted to set out for Badr. Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 19/44.

Thirdly: The jinn have led many people astray by appearing in the forms of awliya’ (“saints”) and righteous people etc. Shaykh al-Islam said: The Shaytaan often appears in the form of the person who is being called upon and asked for help, if he is dead or sometimes if he is alive, without the person who called upon him realizing it. Indeed the Shaytaan may appear in his form and the misguided mushrik who is seeking that person’s help may think that the person himself has responded to him when in fact it is the Shaytaan. This also happens to the kuffaar who seek the help of those of whom they think well, whether they are dead or alive, such as the Christians who seek the help of George or others of their saints, and it happens to those so-called Muslims who commit shirk and follow misguidance by seeking the help of those who are dead or absent. The Shaytaan appears to them in the form of the one upon whom they call, without him realizing that… More than one person has told me that they sought my help, and each of them told me a different story. I told each one of them that I did not answer any one of them and I did not know that they were seeking my help. It was said that this was an angel, but I said: Angels do not help mushriks, rather that was a devil who wanted to misguide him.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 19/47-48.

One of the greatest ways in which a Muslim may seek help against the devils is to “fortify” himself with adhkaar and reciting Aayat al-Kursiy, as stated in the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah quoted above.

See also questions no. 22816. 12715 and 42073.

With regard to the second part of the question, which is whether the jinn have a true form:

With regard to this matter of photographs of the jinn, which have fascinated many people and become widespread on some websites, it is not possible to verify the authenticity of what is in these websites, especially nowadays when people are highly skilled in producing in all kinds of deceptive pictures. Moreover researching such matters brings no spiritual or worldly benefit and serves no purpose. It is better to occupy oneself with things that will bring spiritual or worldly benefit such as reading and understanding what is in the Qur’aan and the saheeh Sunnah, and what a person needs to know and do of correct belief and worship, and the proper attitude and etiquette which the Muslim should develop, and so on. It should also be noted that publishing pictures of animate beings is haraam according to sharee’ah as is stated in the texts. See questions no. 13633, 10668 and 7918.

We ask Allaah to protect you and raise you in status and forgive your sins and bless you with knowledge and good deeds, for He is the Best One to be asked. *!

May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.

abdul-aziz

Uh...yeah.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/pda/ref/islamqa/40703

Can we see the jinn? Do they have a real form?

Praise be to Allaah.
]

very good and right to the point.

And may I add there is another mean of communication that has been used between Man and Jinn. It is through possession of a human body. The people who initiate and comply with Jinn must perform rituals and disgusting things as well as disbelief in God, then the Jinn communicate by them, telling them things and events. also there is possession where the person is possessed without his or her knowledge, these are treated as illnesses.

now possession has been downplayed on this forum very heavily by a user who no longer posts. He was in disbelief of it and tried to convince everybody else. However, it is very real and I have consulted many sheiks about this matter as well as witnessed an ill person myself.

So when the guy in video called art bell, he knew that they would find him as they definitely will protect their compliers. however, a muslim need not to worry because Allah and his prophet, PBUH taught us how to protect ourselves.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
So when the guy in video called art bell, he knew that they would find him as they definitely will protect their compliers. however, a muslim need not to worry because Allah and his prophet, PBUH taught us how to protect ourselves.

I actually wasn't able to understand what that caller was trying to say at all...

abdul-aziz

I actually wasn't able to understand what that caller was trying to say at all...

I don't wish to direct any train of thought into this, but years ago when I was in college we learned in science about dimensional states. it is discussed here. A friend of mine and I had a discussion where we felt that this maybe how Jinn are to Humans. But big caution, we have no evidence of this just what we thought up in our minds with what we learned from studying science.

Now the caller called this
Art Bell ( this guy broadcasts in a trailer and discusses odd subjects, am radio stations in USA broadcast his discussions. I used to travel a lot, sometimes I would listen and his broadcast will come clear on my car radio for like 150 miles.)

He told him that he worked in Area 51( a top secret USA military installation in the desert where a lot of odd vessels have been witnessed.) He said at work, Area 51, they are communicating with an inter dimensional beings. Signal was then lost, probably because he went crazy as he sounded like he was. Also Jinn possession leads are person to be crazy(as in mentally ill). But mentally ill doesn't mean there is Jinn possession though as there are many conditions observed.

wa Allah ya'lam

[edit] I am probably wrong about the art bell caller but then again you never know here is the follow up by the caller:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuiuxty1qyU&feature=player_embedded