US demands release of diplomat in Pakistan

arzafar

Lately there has been a new twist in the tail. It is being speculated that US is trying to get Saudis involved in the case. As you know the pakistani public have a lot of respect for Saudis. most probably there will be a settlement now in terms of blood money.

man why cant saudis just mind their own business!!!

MalikBrother

^ I don't think Saudis would get sympathy from Pakistani public, and well at least, not anymore. Their reputation and their friendly face have been exposed, but then again, mixed reaction is what we always expect from Pakistani public towards Saudis. Too bad, Saudis inteferring in this case would definitely earn 'not really sympathy' from Pakistani public.

arzafar

http://tribune.com.pk/story/133324/raymond-davis-indicted-in-double-murder-case/

as expected Raymond has been released. The families accepted some 190 million rupees in CASH in front of the court as diyah money and will also get US citizenship immediately. There are some reports, they have already left the country. so much for this case. I guess they showed they were true Pakistanis - a few million in cash and American citizenship is a very lucrative price indeed!

but as i said before beggars cant be choosers! :SMILY139:

arzafar

edit: actually there is some speculation that perhaps one of the families was forced to accept the money and sign the pardon papers. ISI was behind this super quick trial and release. So i guess all of theme werent after the money.

So how did everything turn around so suddenly? Obviously something was discussed in the 1-to-1 meeting between kiyani and mullen last week.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
I've heard the lawyers of the deceased family were not allowed in the court and everything was arranged even the aircraft to fly out the Murderer. I saw a report of the wife of the slain man crying saying she doesn't want the money as it won't bring her husband back the next day you have the culprit released on $2.4 mn blood money sounds strange.

I am thinking will this have a repercussion on the Pakistani Government by the public or it will just be left behind like old pages.

arzafar

I've heard the lawyers of the deceased family were not allowed in the court and everything was arranged even the aircraft to fly out the Murderer. I saw a report of the wife of the slain man crying saying she doesn't want the money as it won't bring her husband back the next day you have the culprit released on $2.4 mn blood money sounds strange.

I am thinking will this have a repercussion on the Pakistani Government by the public or it will just be left behind like old pages.

hilary came out and said that the US didnt pay the money. I think it was the army/govt who paid the money. Obviously they will get some sort of aid package soon. A few f-16's and maybe a few billion greens might be on their way.

actually all the news stories here is that the relatives have disappeared! Perhaps they were kidnapped by ISI and forced to sign the pardon papers. Some say they are in dubai and will be heading to the US soon.

the problem the common man has is that they cant decide who is to be blamed.
federal govt
army
judiciary
provincial govt

me thinks it's the people who are to blamed. :SMILY139:

celebration for the release of Raymond have already commenced.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12769209

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

I have also heard that one of the victim's mother claim that she did not agree to receive any money from the Americans nor did she get any re-compensation as of now.

Very sad if true.. May Allah azz zawajal improve our affairs. Ameen

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

Remember this wasn't just a case of two murders, this man was on Pakistani soil working on a covert mission for foreign intelligence services; he should have been put on trial for espionage too.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Yes its seems the Military/ISI was behind all the deals as going through Diplomatic channels would back fire. I've read there have been protests in London outside Pakistani Embassy for releasing the Murderer.

Nationalism, Sovereignty, Integrity everything was downplayed I hope Wikileaks spills something on this.

Also they received a gift of drone attack of 40 lives for cooperation.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
Yes its seems the Military/ISI was behind all the deals as going through Diplomatic channels would back fire. I've read there have been protests in London outside Pakistani Embassy for releasing the Murderer.

Nationalism, Sovereignty, Integrity everything was downplayed I hope Wikileaks spills something on this.

Also they received a gift of drone attack of 40 lives for cooperation.

:salam2:

Well said, Brother!!

Abu Talib

Feeling low
The US government just decided Islamic shariah law is not so bad after all – at least not in the case of jailed CIA agent Raymond Davis.
The burly Davis, an ex-US Special Forces soldier, former Blackwater gunman, and now CIA “contractor” (jargon for mercenary) was jailed in Pakistan after shooting dead two Pakistanis, who were either robbers or government security agents. A third Pakistani was killed by a car driven by a CIA rescuer racing up a one-way street the wrong way.

Pakistanis were outraged, but their weak government, which subsists on $3 billion of annual US aid, caved in to its American patrons. After weeks of intense negotiations over US claims that Davis had diplomatic cover, some $2.3 million or more “diyaa,” or blood money, was paid to the grieving families of Davis’ victims. Case closed.

The CIA’s man in Islamabad was quickly rushed out of Pakistan to a US base in Afghanistan. US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who has become as adept at bending the truth as her hubby Bill, stoutly denied Washington had paid any money to get Davis released.

She was technically right. The Zardari regime in Islamabad paid off the families after strong-arming them to accept the sleazy deal. Washington will pay Islamabad back.

According to sources here in Washington, the “diyaa” ploy was the brainchild of Pakistan’s ambassador to the US, Husain Haqqani, which my old friend denies. He is widely known as the smartest ambassador in Washington.

Very diplomatic, very clever. The Davis crisis is over – at least in Washington. But not in Pakistan, where public fury over Islamabad’s crass sellout is boiling.

The Davis case will confirm the growing belief among most Pakistanis that their nation has been de facto occupied by the United States as part of its war in Afghanistan. What else could they conclude when American Rambos and spies run amok in Pakistan and US Predator drones pound its northwest frontier? Or as they watch Pakistan’s once proud soldiers, now turned sepoys of the new Raj, stand at attention to receive Pentagon orders.

On Thursday, at least 41 Pakistani civilians were killed by US air strikes along the northwest frontier – just as the Obama Administration was threatening war against Libya for doing the same thing.

Even the unloved former president, Pervez Musharraf, claims right after 9/11, Washington “put a gun to our head” and told him to either accept US semi-occupation of Pakistan or be bombed back to the Stone Age. This meant US use of Pakistan’s major ports, depots, key airfields, radar sites, intelligence service ISI, security police, and 120,000 troops.

Senior military and intelligence officers deemed insufficiently pro-American or Islamist were purged, among them many of the army’s ablest officers.

A decade later, polls show most Pakistanis believe the US is continuing to take over Pakistan, and aims to get control of their nation’s dispersed nuclear arsenal.

At the same time, Pakistan is increasingly becoming a free-fire zone for US gunslingers and CIA hit teams. The Zardari government in Islamabad, well lubricated by secret US “black” payments and stipends, raises few objections.
CIA harbors deep mistrust of Pakistan’s intelligence service, ISI, because it still puts Pakistan’s strategic interests ahead of those of the US.

The Davis affaire is very unfortunate for the United States. At a time when Washington is preaching democracy and rule of law to the Arab world, it is seen in Pakistan to be crassly violating norms of law and diplomacy, simply bribing its way out of trouble with venal Pakistani politicians and officials.

This behavior further undermines the feeble Zardari regime, the house of cards on which the US-led Afghan War rests. Nor did it help this week in Washington when US Afghan commander, Gen. David Petraeus, asserted there were less than 100 al-Qaida in Afghanistan.

CIA chief Leon Panetta had previously told the US Congress there were no more than 50 al-Qaida types left in Afghanistan. So why, one wonders, are there 110,000 US troops and another 40,000 NATO troops there? Could it be some other reason?

Davis should never have been allowed to Rambo around Islamabad, armed and dangerous, in a cowboy shirt. Who is running US policy in Pakistan?

Eric S. Margolis

MalikBrother

^ This situation has somehow escalated to this so far. I heard he is being freed or already freed by now. The family has has chosen to forgive him, in exchane for a few Million dollars and visa of USA. Howevr, the wife is still refusal, and demands justice at any cost. I will try to update the latest article related to this case.

MalikBrother

Assalamu'alaykum,

Remember this wasn't just a case of two murders, this man was on Pakistani soil working on a covert mission for foreign intelligence services; he should have been put on trial for espionage too.

I am afraid it will not happen as it should have. Pakistan, the nation, being leads by criminal, as soon as criminal got out of jail, already tipped to lead the nation. I hope to see new government implement new changes after the election. Meanwhile, this was expected as we thought. Too bad, Pakistan armies are being defensive, and regarding the latest interview of Pakistani channel, only ISI has been aggressive so far.

arzafar

the leader made a decision and the saudi king was also involved who peacefully resolved the issue.

Whats your issue then?

erm... the issue is resolved. case is closed.

American leaders proved once again they are liars (davis did not have diplomatic immunity)
Americans paid blood money.
the relatives of the victims accepted the money in a court of law.

the only thing left was pakistan's sovereignty. but then again who gives a ....... about pakistan. A US Attorney General, once remarked: “Pakistanis will sell their mothers for 100 dollars.” He was largely correct tbh.

oh and saudi king wasnt involved in this issue.

MalikBrother

^ They all were involved including Saudi connections. If Saudi government tell Pakistan to release, then Pakistan would happily do without ever questioning. Only ISI, Police, Media came aggressively against to freed 'diplomat'. The rest were, are terrible involved. Too bad, the victim's family has compromised, and victim's wife has suffered the most ever since the victim death.