US Military

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker17

OMFG

HOW THE HELL COULD THEY DO THAT!? JESUS CHRIST.........man im so ashamed to be an american............ASHAMED!!!!!!! god how could they do that to the poor sheep and the little puppy!!! my goodness

warda A

Sister
Thank you! I think everyone has missed my point.....I just wanted to share that even in the middle of the mess these people are sent to fight in.....random acts of kindness still happen. Being forced by the government to be there doesn't mean that these men and women are incapable of good. They don't want to be there anymore than they are wanted there.

:salam2:

Diane you are right about people missing the point, i agree with you that there are good people among the bad , it is only that it isn't seen because the bad overwhelms the good.
excuse me people, this forum is not about arguing, you should first see what some one is trying to put across then answer in an objective manner.
some one had the gall to jump to conclusion without reading the post first.

dianek

I don't believe anyone read the article of the picture. Or if they did they chose to ignore.....the girls family was killed by insurgence, not the US military.

As far as why people join the military....

1. Many were enlisted pre-9/11 and have been forced to go on repeat deployments as the number of new military recruits has dropped massively in the last 7 years. Once you are in the military you are in until they tell you otherwise.

2. Those who do join do so in many cases because they either lack the education to go on to college and need to learn a discipline or they are going to earn money so that the CAN go to college.

3. In the US, it is an HONOR to serve your country, unfortunately the type of things you are forced to do are commanded from an idiot in the oval office.

I resent anyone saying that military people are bad, as you say yourself, there is bad in all groups, do not judge the whole group on some. Out of the hundreds of thousands soldiers you hear only the stories of those mentally disabled idiots. You don't hear enough about the ones who attached their hearts to the people in Iraq or Afghanistan...the ones who have adopted orphans with disabilities.

You don't like to be judged as a group so don't pass judgement either. Practice what you preach! My sole intention in this post was not to defend what our evil dictator is doing over there, but shed light that the heart of the majority of our men and women are not sadistic but capable of showing love to the people of the country they are in.

My father was in the US Navy during Vietnam.....I am sure more than a thousand percent that my father NEVER did anything immoral or against humanity during his time there. He volunteered in shelters to feed orphaned children. And I believe the majority of the Armed Forces are the same way.

kayleigh

sis i get your point that they were sent there, but who forced them to JOIN FIRST. no one. it was a decision they made so as to "fight terrorism."

No. When many joined it was before Bush was in office and before the war had broken out. Were they supposed to tell the future?

There's also a lot who join as a last resort, for money and education. No one joins with the idea of "Yeah, I'm going to go overseas and kill evil Muslims. woohoo" No. Most join to get something out of the military that is of benefit to them. One of my good friends just joined the Navy. He's Muslim. But he has no options left. He comes from a poor, broken home. The Navy is the only way he could find to get an education and support his mother and sister. I guess he's evil too. anyway, the point is, sometimes there are reasons for joining that we don't know about. I'm not about to blame someone who joins because it's the only way to secure an income for their family and put food on the table.

You could always argue that they could defy orders, but the punishment would be severe. Honestly, I really can't blame them for not defying orders to go overseas in light of the punishment. I would, however, blame them for following excessively cruel orders (as if war isn't bad enough, but you get the idea).

Branding every US soldier a horrible person is just as ridiculous and unfair as branding every single Muslim a terrorist. If Muslims don't like to be judged by the actions of a few people, then it's extremely hypocritical to do the same to another group. There are good and bad people in every group. There are good Muslims and bad Muslims, just as there are good soldiers and bad soldiers.

sister kayliegh, since u were an american, they didnt show u their true face.

They get all naked when they are AGAINST muslims.

In Usa, there is all peace while USA is destroying all peace in the rest of the world

Replace 'american' with Muslim:

all or most Muslims are bad people, but you only think they're good because they were only being nice to you since you're Muslim. Since you were a Muslim, they didn't show you their true face.

Does that sound wrong? It should.

kayleigh

I like Kayleigh! She gets it!

Why thank you :p

My last post on this thread was my post #666. Is that a sign or...? lol, kidding.

and to clarify, I am of course against the war. But even so, I think that intention matters, and just because you do something bad doesn't mean you're a bad person.

Salem9022

why would any Muslim join the American Military? I don't think it is allowed, Muslims are not allowed to Join the army of the Kuffar nor give them aid, since they can turn and attack the Muslims, Imagine if America tomorrow invade Saudi Arabia and tried to Invade Mekkah and Medina, which Muslim will support them in doing this? This is a serious matter, and it can take a Muslim out of the fold of Islam.

Achmat_Samsodien

If these soldiers were truly "good" they'd have left the war when seeing the atrocities being commited. Their is always a choice in the matter, the country means nothing. I notice that thier is still that patriosm within some American muslims. It's a prblem within our Ummah, and I make Du'a that it's eradicated. But my point still stands if they were so called "good people" they would've defended the innocent. How many children, wives, mothers, brothers, sisters have been killed? Most of them innocent. May Allah grant all the shaheeds a high pace in Jannah and may he place Sabr in the hearts of the families. the Iraqi war is just a euphemism for Genocide like whats happening in palestine.
May Allah grant the muslims victory Insha Allah

abdellah007

Being a soldier sometimes comes from the peson choice and sometimes he pushed to it. being a soldier means you are under the leader s control which puts you in a position of following the orders. because you had to swear to serve your country and follow orders. disobeing them means punishment.

In that case a soldier is not acting as a person, because orders he got may not always be good. the orders was taken so the actions should be done.

Most of muslims got the bad image about an american soldier we all know why. and many non muslims got a bad idea about muslims and we all know why. because of the ignorance they blame individuals by others actions. who have to be blamed are their leaders who take decisions.

dianek

If these soldiers were truly "good" they'd have left the war when seeing the atrocities being commited. Their is always a choice in the matter, the country means nothing. I notice that thier is still that patriosm within some American muslims. It's a prblem within our Ummah, and I make Du'a that it's eradicated. But my point still stands if they were so called "good people" they would've defended the innocent. How many children, wives, mothers, brothers, sisters have been killed? Most of them innocent. May Allah grant all the shaheeds a high pace in Jannah and may he place Sabr in the hearts of the families. the Iraqi war is just a euphemism for Genocide like whats happening in palestine.
May Allah grant the muslims victory Insha Allah

And what do you have to say about the insurgence in Iraq killing their own brothers and sisters, hiding amongst the civilians like cowards? I mourn innocent lives being lost and their are soldiers who mourn it.....I have clip of one on my myspace page.....he was heart broken when he ordered rockets to be fired into a building in which fire was coming from...when they entered he found that he had killed a woman's husband and her children and he broke down into tears crying.....the woman seeing his reaction walked over to him and placed her hand on his cheek and said "inshallah" and hugged him. He couldn't believe her faith was so strong that she would accept this as God's will. He now speaks out against the war. Many soldiers do the same. How many countries force men into service? How many muslim countries make people disappear for bucking the system....come on...do you really think these men and women have a choice once they are in the system? If they go AWOL they will face prison or who knows maybe worse with Bush's sick policies. They will throw their lives away for it. These are men and women who have families that depend on them. Like Kayleigh, I do not support the war, but I do support men and women stuck in the middle of bull S!@t foreign policies. I understand that in Tunis you can't even speak out against the president without "disappearing"...........

dianek

Being a soldier sometimes comes from the peson choice and sometimes he pushed to it. being a soldier means you are under the leader s control which puts you in a position of following the orders. because you had to swear to serve your country and follow orders. disobeing them means punishment.

In that case a soldier is not acting as a person, because orders he got may not always be good. the orders was taken so the actions should be done.

Most of muslims got the bad image about an american soldier we all know why. and many non muslims got a bad idea about muslims and we all know why. because of the ignorance they blame individuals by others actions. who have to be blamed are their leaders who take decisions.

Well said!

Salem9022

And what do you have to say about the insurgence in Iraq killing their own brothers and sisters, hiding amongst the civilians like cowards? I mourn innocent lives being lost and their are soldiers who mourn it.....I have clip of one on my myspace page.....he was heart broken when he ordered rockets to be fired into a building in which fire was coming from...when they entered he found that he had killed a woman's husband and her children and he broke down into tears crying.....the woman seeing his reaction walked over to him and placed her hand on his cheek and said "inshallah" and hugged him. He couldn't believe her faith was so strong that she would accept this as God's will. He now speaks out against the war. Many soldiers do the same. How many countries force men into service? How many muslim countries make people disappear for bucking the system....come on...do you really think these men and women have a choice once they are in the system? If they go AWOL they will face prison or who knows maybe worse with Bush's sick policies. They will throw their lives away for it. These are men and women who have families that depend on them. Like Kayleigh, I do not support the war, but I do support men and women stuck in the middle of bull S!@t foreign policies. I understand that in Tunis you can't even speak out against the president without "disappearing"...........

ha Collateral Damage = 600,000 Iraqis dead, give me break, are you really going to defend your Military after Millions and Millions of Iraqis who have become refugees and hundreds of thousands of of them killed you are going defend the action of America? You are Blind

In my defintion I call this genocide and war crimes. I dont have no other word to describe that.

AmericanTeenager

Just to add to this for all of you who think that the American soldiers should simply disobey the orders they get: The penalty for such is nearly always a courtmarshal, which often leads to a dishonorable discharge. If you have one of those on your record, it is extremely hard to get a job of any sort at any respectable establishment, thus making it nearly impossible to support yourself or a family. I am wholly against the war my country is in, but considering that the majority of my family has served in the military, as well as the family of several of my friends, you will have a severely difficult time convincing me that they are all evil or amoral, because I know for truth that those that fit your description are a minority, just like the radical muslims leading terrorist attacks on innocents across the globe are a minority.

Achmat_Samsodien

Yes there will be a few that would have the courage to stand up, but how many are there? Even if they do go AWOL there should be a way to disappear. i mean Bush still can't find Osama Bin Laden. Thing is we can go to and fro all day in the end its the what Shaytaan wants he wants us to fight one another as well. I won't even speak about so called "Islamic" countries. Most of the real Ulamaa are locked up or shut up, the muslim countries are being controlled by superpowers and it's evident, Why hasn't Saudi Arabia with all it's money not obliterated America? What do they do, they rather invest a a Trillion US dollars in the country.

I know what you trying to say but ultimately Allah gives us more than one choice in everything and unfortunately those soldiers just made a bad one. They can still get out of it, there isn't an excuse. Thing is we really lack Imaan and I start with myself. But in the end Allah knows best and he guides whom he wishes to guide. May we all be of the camp of Imaan before the great Fitnah comes insha allah!

kayleigh

why would any Muslim join the American Military? I don't think it is allowed, Muslims are not allowed to Join the army of the Kuffar nor give them aid, since they can turn and attack the Muslims, Imagine if America tomorrow invade Saudi Arabia and tried to Invade Mekkah and Medina, which Muslim will support them in doing this? This is a serious matter, and it can take a Muslim out of the fold of Islam.

If you're going to make such a serious statement you need to show proof that this is the case. I doubt simply serving in an army for a non-Muslim country would take you out of Islam.

btw, no one here is defending the US' actions overseas. We're simply stating the fact that there are good and bad people in every group, and the US military is not excluded from this.

AmericanTeenager

Yes there will be a few that would have the courage to stand up, but how many are there? Even if they do go AWOL there should be a way to disappear. i mean Bush still can't find Osama Bin Laden. Thing is we can go to and fro all day in the end its the what Shaytaan wants he wants us to fight one another as well. I won't even speak about so called "Islamic" countries. Most of the real Ulamaa are locked up or shut up, the muslim countries are being controlled by superpowers and it's evident, Why hasn't Saudi Arabia with all it's money not obliterated America? What do they do, they rather invest a a Trillion US dollars in the country.

I know what you trying to say but ultimately Allah gives us more than one choice in everything and unfortunately those soldiers just made a bad one. They can still get out of it, there isn't an excuse. Thing is we really lack Imaan and I start with myself. But in the end Allah knows best and he guides whom he wishes to guide. May we all be of the camp of Imaan before the great Fitnah comes insha allah!

So (replying to the bolded statement), you would have them abandon their homes, their families, their lives simply because they received an order they didn't like? If you go AWOL in the military, there is no way for you to come home, because you only have a military passport, meaning there is no way for you to get back to the country by any legal way other than a military transport, and guess what, if you go near a military base after going AWOL, they cite your date for court marshalling and lock you up until then. What a great alternative to enduring bad people until your tour of duty's up right?

Searching_soul

:salam2:

Why are you all arguing abt this...... Let the matter end once and for all..... we'll insha Allah see who's right and who's wrong in the day of Judgement. Allah is the BEST JUDGE.....

Say: O disbelievers! (1) I worship not that which ye worship; (2) Nor worship ye that which I worship. (3) And I shall not worship that which ye worship. (4) Nor will ye worship that which I worship. (5) Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion. (6)

:wasalam:

Salem9022

If you're going to make such a serious statement you need to show proof that this is the case. I doubt simply serving in an army for a non-Muslim country would take you out of Islam.

btw, no one here is defending the US' actions overseas. We're simply stating the fact that there are good and bad people in every group, and the US military is not excluded from this.

sure : ) maybe you should research next time as well before you speak about issues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
It is not permissible for a Muslim to fight with kaafirs against the Muslims at all

Question:

I work in the army of a non-Muslim state, and there are wars between them and the Muslims. What is the ruling if they send me with a division of this army to wage war against the Muslims? As a Muslim, my feelings are that I never want to fight against Muslims in any war.
What should I do?
What is the ruling if I go…?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

If you are sent to wage war against the Muslims, then it is not permissible for you to take part at all. Helping the kaafirs against the Muslims is a form of major kufr which puts one beyond the pale of Islam. Allaah says concerning one who supports the mushrikeen (interpretation of the meaning):

And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’, i.e., friends), then surely, he is one of them”[al-Maa’idah 5:51]

With regard to how you may get out of this situation, and what excuse you can give to get out of this dilemma if it happens, we ask Allaah to help you, and we suggest that you consult some Muslims who have relevant knowledge or experience.

We want to emphasize to you the necessity of finding other employment and of leaving service in the army of the kaafirs, because that implies helping them, strengthening them and increasing the numbers of their fighters and supporters – unless your work can bring some benefits to the Muslims, such as giving information and secrets of the kaafirs to the Muslims so as to help the Muslims, or if your work is purely da’wah, such as giving khutbahs and leading prayers for the Muslims in the kaafir army whilst also advising them to avoid any work that will strengthen the kaafirs. We ask Allaah to keep you safe from temptation and to give you a good end in this world and in the Hereafter.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/14004/kaafir army

------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many fatwahs like this on islam-qa or fatwa-online, etc. : )

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
they terroriszing muslims

sister dianke what u showed was wiered. coz when somebody killed ur parents then they have no heart for u. i recomend him to put that poor girl away. she has no family nor does she have love. love always comes from family. America has been always rude especially their goverment they terrorising muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.