Valentines Day.. {Islam}

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum warahamtu-llah sister

JazakAllah khair for sharing this

we don't need any particular day to love our parents (like father's day, mother's day), to love our spouses(valentines day, marriage anniversary) because we love them everyday, we respect them every single moment,
subhan Allah

barak Allahu feekum
wa alaikum salam

sanan khan

there is some intersting story behind this valentine drama. i not remember exactly. may be any bros or sis knows. if so please share.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
salam alaikum warahamtu-llah sister

JazakAllah khair for sharing this

we don't need any particular day to love our parents (like father's day, mother's day), to love our spouses(valentines day, marriage anniversary) because we love them everyday, we respect them every single moment,
subhan Allah

barak Allahu feekum
wa alaikum salam

there is some intersting story behind this valentine drama. i not remember exactly. may be any bros or sis knows. if so please share.

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barkatuhu

We iyaki dear brother. Alhamdulillah, I agree with you. And especialy it is very importante to warn other Muslims about non Muslims celebrations and imitating thier costums, as they are not part of our religion Islaam,and it is forbidden for us to imitate unbelivers celebrations or costums. And Allah knows the best.

Dear brother " Sanan Khan", I do not know exactly which story is related for the " Valentines day", but from how I know, there are some romantic stories related for " Valentines day", and that this celebration is of Christian orgin and the day is named after one or more early Christian martyrs Saint Valentine and was established by Pope Gelasius I in 500 AD. That is why this is a Christain celebration,and Muslims should not imitate kaffirs.

And Allah and His Messanger sallahu alayha wa salam knows the best.

:wasalam:

saifkhan

abd-Allah
This video is also good when it comes to saying why we should not celebrate Valentines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edUDnGn3I-o

JazakAllah khair for the informative vdo.
really I never had any relation, so i never actually knew what is this for and neither knew whats the background,,,he he, just I knew that a day for lovers, didn't make any sense to me anytime.

but I with my closed frnd, always used to whine symbolically at that day!! lolz

like in Univesity, we used to sing sad songs: that we dint have any valentine .....
those were just jokes and of course my past....astaghfirAllah

may Allah save us all
wa alaikum salam

DanyalSAC

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barkatuhu

We iyaki dear brother. Alhamdulillah, I agree with you. And especialy it is very importante to warn other Muslims about non Muslims celebrations and imitating thier costums, as they are not part of our religion Islaam,and it is forbidden for us to imitate unbelivers celebrations or costums. And Allah knows the best.

Dear brother " Sanan Khan", I do not know exactly which story is related for the " Valentines day", but from how I know, there are some romantic stories related for " Valentines day", and that this celebration is of Christian orgin and the day is named after one or more early Christian martyrs Saint Valentine and was established by Pope Gelasius I in 500 AD. That is why this is a Christain celebration,and Muslims should not imitate kaffirs.

And Allah and His Messanger sallahu alayha wa salam knows the best.

:wasalam:

Pope John Paul II (I believe it was) renounced the sainthood of Valentine because there was no proof that he ever existed.

On a side note, I was on a Muslim matrimonial site that recently had a "Valentine's Day Special". I was a bit disappointed...