Very important Question on Riba (interest)

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
BissmiAllah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatoh dear brothers and sisters.
I have a very important question, and I seem to be getting very different answers from people who live in different areas of the world. Depending on where we live, the expenses of things that are around us vary drasticlly. Please take in account Me being 19 and not being able to move at the present moment in consideration when answering this question, inshallah ta'ala. I also live in Toronto Canada.
I have come to the conclusion by talking to my mother/uncle and other brothers, that everyone that lives in Toronto is using a credit card and is living off interest. I have yet to meet one man (I would love to shake his hand) that paid the minimum expenses of living (125-150k) for an apartment here cash up to live, without getting a loan from the bank on interest. It will take me my whole life to make that much money , and lets not forget going to higher education cost money too, everyone here gets a loan from the government on 8% interest after you get a job in your field....
I want to know is it haram for me to use riba and also if it is, what do you reccomend me doing.. Should I just live poor (which if it is the case I must do) and live with my mother for the rest of my life? Brothers in Egypt told me to buy a apartment here is 10-15k a house probably 20-25k which is resonable....
Please brothers and sisters I need help and I have come seeking some guidence in the matter, if Allah wills.
JazakAllah khairan. ashhadu an La Ilaha Illa Allah, wa ashadu anna Muhammadar abduhu wa rasoolu.

:salam2: RIBA IS HARAM PERIOD. There is no excuse for it. you dont need to buy a house right now. And why dont you go to egypt if thats where you r from and finish your university from there.

:salam2:
One of the sins that will condemn a person to Hell is consuming riba. Allah SWT ,says of those who indulge in this sin after they have come to know that He has forbidden it:
{.... But those who repeat the offence[riba] are companions of the Fire- they will abide therein [firever].} Quran 2:275

arzafar

riba is a serious sin. Allah has declared war against those who eat up riba. It is my conviction that one of the main reasons why the ummah is in trouble is because of it's acceptance of riba, banks and loans. every penny you spend makes the rich richer and the consumer (you and i) poorer.
Please dont take this issue lightly.

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
No I am not from Egypt, btw the education costs a lot of money, there is NO way you can pay it off, how many people do you know have 10-15k in there banks? I honestly have 200$
How will I get this money? I just spoke to some people who said everyone takes from Riba for education (esspecially in Canada) I don't speak arabic or any languages fluently to go to a 3rd world country? what is your suggestions, I ask for your help it is your duty to help !! Please give a straight forward answer, and tkae in consideration my circumstances...... Do I work in shawarma store for the rest of my life? I'm not saying this in a bad way, but it seems if I want to worship Allah the best, then working cheap jobs is the best, atleast no riba. May I can live in a mosque.... Honestly... lets be sierous please brothers <3

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum

I have to agree with the brother, I contacted my imam regarding this issue and he told me its ok to take loan for education as long as the niyah is education. and the reason he gave was that, university cost is very high, there are very few people that can afford it if Muslims dont take student loans then almost all of us will be working at the bottom of the job market, there would be no muslim doctors No engineer no one at high positions.

Im still very confuse on this issue cause in all honestly the cost for university, almost no one has that kind of money, how can you escape loan??

Please people who are going to say get scholarship, well do understand there are very few scholarships and imagine in a university where population is 46,000 and yes my university is that big, there are like 1 in 1000 who will get a scholarship probably even less than that.

I really want to know i contacted my imam and i contacted many islamic places and there seem to be no way out, i dont want to be working in Mc Donald or Coffee drive thru's the rest of my life ..... :shymuslima1: (boy! )

and my dad cant arrange 20,000 dollar from no where i dont know i know anyone who can arrange this kind of money, most people i know earn like 2000-3000 dollars.

Im confuse how can any muslim study ???

Please dont criticize, im just so worried and tired of trying many places there is nothing interest free.

:confused: What to do ? :(

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

brother here in india we hv world class institutes and even students from harvard etc come for internships,one of the reasons for good education in india is that it is one of the fastest growing economies in the world and lots of jobs are created every year ,secondly education is the only way one can climb the social ladder.last but not the least english is the medium of instruction.
primer institutes have entrance examinations like CAT , MAT for MBA and IIT - JEE for engineering . you an prepare for these.
lastly if u can choose a muslim country to go 4 education its better .if u decide to come to india -bangalore is a good city with muslims depending on location of your college.other student friendly cities is pune . do visit bhopal (ma town_we hv asias largest and smallest mosque,its just 2 1/2 stairs!) and there are good colleges till graduation level esp for engineering)

graduate level studies are pretty inexpensive - my graduation cost 200 dollars per year for three years in bhopal (hometown) and my MBA cost 10K dollars for an MBA in bangalore -.

the latter was expensive for us thugh and parents talked of taking a loan but i said or rather Allah gave me the courage to say that RISQ sustenance is from Allah and already decided i wont sin (and make ma perents sin)for getting an education ( i m not a super muslim make mistakes and all but i felt riba should never be taken} so Allah took out a way and my MBA is over now yeah.time wll fly superfast but our decision is what will decide whether we r good muslims or.........

now all the good jobs are in banking /insurance so please make dua ffor me ...test again lol.

inshallah stick to ur deen brother IT IS 100% WORTH IT.

and why build a house ? when u can build a madarsa.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

there r excellent mba institutes -one is ALLANA college in pune muslim owned and run .
and ALameen college in bangalore.

U SHUD HV A BUDGET OF 2000$ PER YEAR APPROX
MAY ALLAH MAKE IT EASY FOR YOU.AAMEEN.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

the imam gave a lame excuse imagine the prophet (saw)telling that to the sahaba
I contacted my imam regarding this issue and he told me its ok to take loan for education as long as the niyah is education. and the reason he gave was that, university cost is very high, there are very few people that can afford it if Muslims dont take student loans then almost all of us will be working at the bottom of the job market, there would be no muslim doctors No engineer no one at high positions.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

i MUST SAY THAT THE RICH PEOPLE OF THIS UMMAH SHOULD PAY THEIR ZAKAH AND MAKE EDUCATION LOANS AVAILABLE AT NO INTEREST TO THE YOUTH OF THIS UMMAHH.

ANYBODY LISTENING???????????????

naz haider

I agree with brother Azam. There are a number of universities in India offering world class education. Moreover, a new bill has passed in the Indian Parliament allowing foreign universities to open and function in india, though that will take some time.
There are many institutions/ trusts from where you can get interest free education loans as most of then are Muslim institutions. And by Canada standards, India is way cheaper and you can get quality education without burning a hole in your pocket.
Do some research and get some info... Insha Allah you will find a way out.

Abu Ameerah

CREDIT CARD...

A credit card does not necessarily mean riba if you always pay the full balance.[/QUOTE]

Brother, as per the Ulama of Saudi Arabia, A Credit Card falls under Riba even if you are paying the full balance or paying on time without incurring the interest, because of the STIPULATION on the CONTRACT.....which may says, late payment will be charged with 4% or whatever...or a penalty of 4% will be charged to the holder for late payment...

People tried to pay on time to avoid paying the interest or penalty, but as per the consensus of many scholars, it is still consider as RIBA if the stipulation mentioned above is written on the contract or instructions. Allah knows best...

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum Akhi,

lol i didn't want to move to India im happy where i am, North america Alhumdulilah has one of the best institutes in the world. A education from here you can take anywhere and its acceptable. There are many people that come from India for better education to canada and other western countries, the degree has alot more value.
If i study in India it would be really hard for me to practice in canada or get a job here.

Anywayz my knowledge was regarding Riba like what are the alternatives or what can we do?

:salam2: brother shaheerpak it depends what you want to study. medical field or engineering then india is great. But yes if you want to study business then usa

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Hear here! There is enough money in the Muslim world to educate all Muslim boys and girls till they get Ph.D. degrees! Problem is priorities are skewed.

Umar ibn Abd-il-Azeez, may God have been pleased with him, collected so much Zakah money that he called out for all poor and needy citizens who need financial assistance. Many applied. But then too much money still remained in the treasury, so he called out for all debtors who would like their debt paid. Many applied and paid off their loans. But then too much money still remained in the treasury, so he called out all youth who cannot afford a dowry. Many applied and got married. But then too much money still remained in the treasury, so he called out for all slaves who wish to be freed. Many applied and became free. Still, too much money remained in the treasury!

Zakah increases wealth and prosperity.

SubhanAllah if we all live according to the teaching of islam, in every community if the zakah is collected properly i think everyone could benefit and no muslim would ever need to touch interest Ever!

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
So... What to do, lol move to india? So everyone in Canada is basically going to jahannam because not ONE PERSON here , i am close to saying walah but I don't want to risk the lucky 1, there is no way I have met NOBODY who never used riba to get where he lives and sometimes for education....
Anyways if I want to move to india, my family will fall unless I take them with me, which is 99% impossible, im in a huge dillema why is interest haram :(
I guess I need to speak to a top scholar regarding my case, because not too many people are in my situation, they can leave there homes and everything will be ok in there absence.

fendou

:salam2: brother
wAllahi be careful with riba because it's trully haram (just read in the Qur'an how many times it is mentioned to not use riba... because it can really brings someone to the hell...)

i just want to share my experience because it's veryyyyyyyyyyyyy different where i grow up!!!

i don't judge you because in France we don't have this culture of credit card... most of muslims work the time they need (even a life) to buy a house, a car... and studies in france (university...) are free exept the big school, private... but even that it's not very expensive and students often work to pay their own studies.... most of them never use credit/riba so it's really hard for me to imagine using riba for studies or anything else... (and many friends of mine have good degrees, jobs now.... in france, Uk...)

but in your situation it's the opposite most of people you know use it soubhanala so... i can imagine that it's hard for you to make a choice but please think twice... dounya is nothing when you'll die, no studies, no house, no cars..... can help you...... may Allah help you brother

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
You haven't answered any of the questions or commented on any of the suggestions I offered you in my post #3 above. Will any of it work for you? Did you try or check out any of them?
Yes akhi, well all in all I really doubt I can get a scholarship seeing that I didn't have the best grades, and I am willing to live to at home and help my family rather then move in with a stranger just to pay rent.
Anyways man I guess paying for education is somewhat actually possible , it takes a lot of work and a lot of money to save up.... which also makes it harder to make the salats but inshallah man...
Now once you finish this the next step is getting a home without paying Riba, In Canada that is actually 99.9% impossible, even the shiekhs here I believe use riba for "living circumstances" unless they sum up 300k to pay for it all at once... In Canada there is no such thing as pay monthly to buy a home, but there is rent ... LoL... Brothers please tell me honestly do you guys live on rent for the rest of your lives, or do stay with your families, sum up a good 200k and then buy your homes? I know Allah has bestowed upon some of us greater wealth in this life then others, so any of the middle/lower class living people have any answers ? JazakAllah khairan brothers , please don't shy away from this topic it's something we all must think about and the prohpet Sall Allahu ta'ala alayhis wa salem said "Devouring 1 dirham of Riba is worse then zina 36 times." That ain't not joke, zina 36 times? that Hellfire were talking about brothers, how do I apply for zakat or is that only for extremly poor people ? barakala feek , wa taka'balAllah
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi ta'ala wa barakatu