WAG---Women against Coffee

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
you are right sister dianek, but why you insist in your talk to generlise about arab?

:salam2:

Well in the U.S. men here usually do not frequent the coffee shops. Our coffee shops at least in my area are for serious studying, not get togethers with friends.

Most of my Arab friends are the ones who like to socialize at the coffee shop. I have no problem with that because I like coffee myself and I am not Arab :D

I do not think she means any ill words towards Arabs..Maybe it is just something new to Sister Dianek and she is trying to comprehend why coffee shops are important to Arab men.

Most of the guys I know who are non-Muslim congregate at the bars, not coffee shops.

Now I need to go get a coffee :D

:wasalam:

dianek

Thank you SM for your backing me on that one......and I would be JUST AS UPSET IF HE WAS IN A BAR...........Just don't get why they drink coffee so much.....and at night when you should be home..getting some sleep and instead you are caffinating yourselves up.....;)

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
Thank you SM for your backing me on that one......and I would be JUST AS UPSET IF HE WAS IN A BAR...........Just don't get why they drink coffee so much.....and at night when you should be home..getting some sleep and instead you are caffinating yourselves up.....;)

Lol. No problem sis. I know it gets frustrating with us coffee drinkers :D

I have a coffee problem. I spend about 8 dollars a day on coffee :( My dad is about to go crazy because every other thing on my debit card is coffee shop.

Coffee is like my crack haha. The same thing though goes with tea drinkers. Some of my friends are so addicted to Chai...they have withdrawal symptons like I do with coffee. The headaches..the crankiness..etc lol

Alhamdullilah he is not at the bar :D

Actually coffee doesn't make me all wired with energy. If I drink coffee at night, it relaxes me and I sleep better lol.

Also there are many benefits of coffee. People who are asmatic (sp?) sometimes drink coffee to help with their attack.

Also coffee is a natural laxative....Sorry if that sounds gross.

dna1987

Muslim Guy

Lol. No problem sis. I know it gets frustrating with us coffee drinkers :D

I have a coffee problem. I spend about 8 dollars a day on coffee :( My dad is about to go crazy because every other thing on my debit card is coffee shop.

Coffee is like my crack haha. The same thing though goes with tea drinkers. Some of my friends are so addicted to Chai...they have withdrawal symptons like I do with coffee. The headaches..the crankiness..etc lol

Alhamdullilah he is not at the bar :D

Actually coffee doesn't make me all wired with energy. If I drink coffee at night, it relaxes me and I sleep better lol.

Also there are many benefits of coffee. People who are asmatic (sp?) sometimes drink coffee to help with their attack.

Also coffee is a natural laxative....Sorry if that sounds gross.

Natural laxative? Lol, thanks for sharing! :p

:D

Just wanted to post cause of the $8 a day thing, doesn't anyone buy Nescafe Gold and just make coffee at home? I don't see why it has to be had at a cafe. Plus, I make tea normally, and have coffee when I've feeling too lazy to take out the tea bag before adding spoonfuls of sugar. :)

Salam alaikum.

EDIT: This thread is pretty funny - read quite a few funny posts before reaching the 3rd page.

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
Natural laxative? Lol, thanks for sharing! :p

:D

Just wanted to post $8 a day thing, doesn't anyone buy Nescafe Gold and just make coffee at home? I don't see why it has to be had at a cafe. Plus, I make tea normally, and have coffee when I've feeling too lazy to take out the tea bag before adding spoonfuls of sugar. :)

Salam alaikum.

Lol no. I go to the coffee shop a lot because I work in the library with the shop next door :D It is 8 dollars because I buy a grande (medium) sized latte with a shot of caramel in it. I get all fancy with my coffee.

Each cup of coffee I buy is around 4 dollars. I know crazy, but I do buy into the whole commercial coffee scene.

I only drink tea if the coffee runs out.

dianek

Well, I too think you should drink it at home........we even opened a coffee shop but due to location we closed it shortly after, now stuck with a 6000.00 espresso machine........anybody want to buy it, will give you a great deal......AND you can set it up to make your coffee at home.....I haven't done so because I have no room.....it's huge.....

My addiction would probably have to be DIET COKE.........all day, I drink it, but it doesn't require me to go out! Like you SM, I get headaches if I don't have my coke in the AM. I have never favored coffee. The only thing I drink from Starbucks is the Caramel Apple Cider with extra whipped creme and caramel..........YUMMY!!!!!

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
Well, I too think you should drink it at home........we even opened a coffee shop but due to location we closed it shortly after, now stuck with a 6000.00 espresso machine........anybody want to buy it, will give you a great deal......AND you can set it up to make your coffee at home.....I haven't done so because I have no room.....it's huge.....

My addiction would probably have to be DIET COKE.........all day, I drink it, but it doesn't require me to go out! Like you SM, I get headaches if I don't have my coke in the AM. I have never favored coffee. The only thing I drink from Starbucks is the Caramel Apple Cider with extra whipped creme and caramel..........YUMMY!!!!!

I checked my bank account I have 20 dollars ..how about that nice deal I am giving you in this once in a lifetime opportunity!

20 dollars can buy you half a tank of gas whooo!

I havent tried that at Starbucks. I hardly go there because of the location :/
We have this place called CCs here. It rocks Starbucks coffee lol.

I have never tried cider. Is that like apple juice heated up in the microwave?

dianek

I checked my bank account I have 20 dollars ..how about that nice deal I am giving you in this once in a lifetime opportunity!

20 dollars can buy you half a tank of gas whooo!

I havent tried that at Starbucks. I hardly go there because of the location :/
We have this place called CCs here. It rocks Starbucks coffee lol.

I have never tried cider. Is that like apple juice heated up in the microwave?

Well, REAL CIDER, like you can buy in the mountains here in VA is a very thick, ferminted apple juice......but Starbucks does not sell that unfortunately, so yeah, apple juice heated up, shots of cinnamon and caramel...........

Hard to resist your 20.00 offer, but I think I will hold out for another offer!!! :)

ajmal_ihsaas22

Striving For Jannah
i hate coffee. my parents are algerian and theyre addicted. i make coffee for my father 4 to 5 times a day.
blekh! it tastes so bad

dna1987

Muslim Guy
^ I agree with both of you! Which is why I put heapsa sugar in mine - and then it tastes really nice. :)

Karima

For anyone's information, CC's Coffee stands for Community Coffee. I had no clue, until a friend who works for the company told me this.

I could never understand why someone would go out and spend five or more dollars for a simple cup of coffee, which can be brewed at home.

I love coffee, and have found that when I drink coffee at Starbucks, it is not what I would want to brew at home....

For those who like the mixture of milk/sugar/coffee, just go to Burger King and ask for a vanilla shake, with a little coffee poured into it. You'd save a ton of money for those fancy coffee's....elsewhere...ha!

By the way, I was mixing vanilla ice cream in my coffee, which 'cooled' and 'sweetened' the coffee...way before the Starbuck's and CC's coffee craze. Some might call this 'Lattee, Au Lait, etc.".....

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
For anyone's information, CC's Coffee stands for Community Coffee. I had no clue, until a friend who works for the company told me this.

I could never understand why someone would go out and spend five or more dollars for a simple cup of coffee, which can be brewed at home.

I love coffee, and have found that when I drink coffee at Starbucks, it is not what I would want to brew at home....

For those who like the mixture of milk/sugar/coffee, just go to Burger King and ask for a vanilla shake, with a little coffee poured into it. You'd save a ton of money for those fancy coffee's....elsewhere...ha!

By the way, I was mixing vanilla ice cream in my coffee, which 'cooled' and 'sweetened' the coffee...way before the Starbuck's and CC's coffee craze. Some might call this 'Lattee, Au Lait, etc.".....

Some of us our lazy and don't want to make it at home :)

Yay in New Orleans everyone drinks cafe au lait. Simple equation of half milk and half coffee :D

I should try the vanilla ice cream in my coffee though. Sounds yummy ..Thank you for that tidbit.

I am just curious though about the calorie content in some of these coffees. I know Starbucks has theirs..which is great. Just never get whip cream that adds 100 calories plus 70 grams of fat to the drink..It is crazy.

I get mine sugar free but I dont know how much that is helping lol.

Karima

Hey when it comes to calorie count, forget coffee.....just give me a great hamburger from 'Backyard Burgers'!

I am just curious though about the calorie content in some of these coffees.

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
At least, the discussion is interesting...

...by the way, what does WAG stand for?

It is suppose to be WAC. Women against Coffee lol because of the woman's concern of her husband's extreme coffee consumption at late hours at the coffee house.

Karima

Well then, should it be more properly: WACH

...Women Against Coffee Houses?

...not necessarily against coffee?