Was it wrong to defend my mom?

Mosque51

:salam2:

My dad was phyiscally hurting my mom and in response I pushed my dad and he fell on the sofa and then he tried to kill me, well sorta speak(not literary tried to kill me), but tried to hurt me ,which he did . But was it wrong to defend my mom like that? I mean I know my dad ....his hot tempered, obliviously , and he could've caused more injury to my mom.

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
As Salaamu Alikum, ahki while I do not know the situation, or the history of your family, I can only say my opinion from what is written. By the permission of Allah(swt) you were able to be stong enough to save your mother from the phyisical danger.....while transferring the anger towards yourself, you helped your mother from being oppressed, Alhamdulilah....I am not to certain, that that was a safe move, for your behalf, nonetheless, you were not killed mashallah...and you helped your mother. may Allah reward you, however, you should call an uncle or grandfather to speak to your father about his oppressive behavior, or if your old enough to be able to call your local masjid out of fear that he will indeed seriouly injure you or your mother. May Allah swt sheild you and your mother from your fathers rage, Ameen.

Mosque51

As Salaamu Alikum, ahki while I do not know the situation, or the history of your family, I can only say my opinion from what is written. By the permission of Allah(swt) you were able to be stong enough to save your mother from the phyisical danger.....while transferring the anger towards yourself, you helped your mother from being oppressed, Alhamdulilah....I am not to certain, that that was a safe move, for your behalf, nonetheless, you were not killed mashallah...and you helped your mother. may Allah reward you, however, you should call an uncle or grandfather to speak to your father about his oppressive behavior, or if your old enough to be able to call your local masjid out of fear that he will indeed seriouly injure you or your mother. May Allah swt sheild you and your mother from your fathers rage, Ameen.

Thank you for your kind response. Just so you know my dad wasn't really trying to kill me. But he tried to hurt me, he was like chasing me around the house while I tried to escape from him.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

It is also reported that Prophet Dawud, peace and blessings be upon him, said: “O Allah, You know that I love You and I love all those who love You, but how may I endear You to Your servants? Allah said: Remind them of My Favors, My trials and My anger. O Dawud, any of My servants who helped an oppressed person and stood by him in his oppressed state, I’ll keep his feet firm on the Day when all feet will be shaken.”

(Reported by Al-Bayhaqi, Al-Ahadith Al-Qudsiyyah)

from the story it seems that your father is on the wrong side. brother, you need to explain Allah's hatred for oppression to your father. tell him gently that this life is too small is keep fighting and gettign angry. our purpose is to get Allah's pleasure and His jannah.

rightpath_357

True to the responsessssss above.

Okay- what you did was the RIGHT thing. When one of the Shahadah asked Prophet (pbuh) : " Who comes first" he answered "Allah" . "Then who" . "Then me" "Then who"
"Then your mother." "Then who". "Then your mother". "Then who" . "Then your mother".

After repeating "Then your mother" 3 times- he said- "THEN your father". So mother's are very important. what u did was the right thing.

Salam:D

Ashima33

You must do something about this situation. Talk to your mother about receiving help from another family member, and if it happens again do not hesitate to call the police. This does not sound like a safe environment to live in. And you did the right thing.
1) Mother
2)Mother
3)Mother
4)Father

Seriously, talk to your mom about getting out of this situation. No one deserves to be treated like that, and you need to help her see it.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
You have done the right thing, you were defending your mother. Has this been an ongoing thing? Is it frequent? If it is then you need to talk to your mom to get some outside help from family or go to your local masjid and talk to the imam inshallah. You dont want nothing serious to happen if he decides to lose his temper again, I have been through this from experience.

I would do anything to protect my mother. May Allah make it easy for you.

beautiful is islam

:wasalam:

just keep pray to allah to help you find peace.
am srry. the worst thing in the world is whan the only place you feel safe. is the worst place. i hate when parents fght. they make the hall house feel bad dangerus zone.
may allah help you brothe.:girl3:

allah rakkah lav

i love allah alone
True to the responsessssss above.

Okay- what you did was the RIGHT thing. When one of the Shahadah asked Prophet (pbuh) : " Who comes first" he answered "Allah" . "Then who" . "Then me" "Then who"
"Then your mother." "Then who". "Then your mother". "Then who" . "Then your mother".

After repeating "Then your mother" 3 times- he said- "THEN your father". So mother's are very important. what u did was the right thing.

Salam:D

this is correct mother is important! you try to advice your dad (please see to the situation / his nature) ask any your relatives to advice him! rather you make dua for him even i make dua for you to allah to make your da peace away from all this anger ! Ameen

Waseem203

Young Muslim
I do not think it was wrong but it would depend on the situation. What caused your father to hit your mother? Regardless, I don't think she should have been beat and defending her was obviously a brave and courageous move to do. Does this type of thing happen a lot in your house? You should try and speak with relatvies or maybe even authorities if it gets bad.

hassan_ganari

Assalamu alaikom wa rahmatu'llahi wa barakatuhu,

I agree for mother priority over the father. And also, the use of violence against her, you father was totally wrong. There is not one story or hadith about Muhammad Sallah Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam hitting one of his wives nor anyone in his entire life except in Jihad.

And for that, you was wrong in even pushing your father ! I think if you pushed you father, you could normally stop him with pushing by just stand in middle (and maybe get hit) I know Islam calls for defending ourselves but we are talking about the father here. I really think you could find a workaround pushing him as this could deeply affect you relation, be patient with your father and pray Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala so he leads your father.

You must apologize to your father for pushing him, and tell him that was not intentional even if he was wrong.

As mentioned in the Coran, the husband should take a series of actions when his wife deviate from Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala's path, when she does something wrong (something very important which affect her religion or disobey her husband...).

The first thing to do when a situation occurs is to talk to the wife, the husband can do it until she understands and how long it will take until that, depend on the husband patience.

Second solution, as mentioned in Coran, is to seperate from the wife in the bed (I hope you understand this because it is very important and a lot of muslims get it wrong) : no one in the family should notice the the husband is not touching his wife, the husband must not quit the sleeping nor even the bed. He should only avoid his wife. Why is that ? Because in avoiding her (only in the bed), he breaks her pride. She will certainly ask herself why her husband is not touching her when Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala gave him the right to ? My brother and Sisters, Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala created us and told us how to live and how to act in every situation, if HE told us this second solution, that means it has its effect on the wife.

Third solution, comes the "hitting"; The verb to hit in arabic is يضرب / yadhreb can mean a lot of things, and one of the usage of it can be translated (word by word in arabic) like this : He hits an exemple to explain the students ! (Sorry for my poor english !). And there is a very good interpretation of the Aya in the Coran about the hitting, to hit can mean " to make an impact " and this impact can be moral or physical so before the physical impact, one should try the moral one ! (not insults, just serious words to explain the problem...) As for the physical impact, Rasulu'l Allah Salla Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam ordered muslims, when they hit someone, to not break bones nor make someone bleeds nor make the skin change its color.

So your father shouldn't beat your mother, he was wrong.
and you defended your mother which is the right thing to do.
but you shouldn't push you father, you was wrong. When you will have kids Inshaa Allah and raise them, and hold them in your arms, get sleepless nights for watching over them until they grow up, and if one day you are wrong about something to the point your own kid hit you, wont you think and remember those old days when your kid were not even able to eat by himself.

My Allah Subhanahu Wa Taalah leads your family to real happiness and to the right path, indeed HE is able to do it, He is the Most Powerful. Ammen.

Assalamu alaikom wa rahmatu'llahi wa barakatuhu.

a_stranger

:salam2
I think you did the right thing , May Allah reward you for protecting your mother , but i think you should try to talk with both of them duietly and try to understand the problem and find a solution , Our prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa salam taught us to avoid problems:

the Prophet (S.A.W.) says reported by Imam Bukhari and Muslim, "Whosoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him say good or remain silent."

Prophet (S.A.W.) says, what was reported by Imam Bukhari and Muslim, "You must speak the truth for the truth leads to virtue and virtue leads to Paradise. One who always speaks the truth and means the truth, is recorded as truthful with Allah. Keep away from the lie for the lie leads to evil and evil leads to the Hell Fire and one who continually tells a lie and intends to lie is recorded with Allah as a liar."

Abu Huraira, r.a., reported that the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, said, "Be careful of suspicion, for it is the most mistaken of all speech. Do not spy on others, compete* among yourselves, envy one another, or despise one another. Rather, be servants of Allah and brothers!"

'Abd Allah ibn Mas'ud reported that the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, said, "If they are three, two of them should not carry on a conversation from which the third is excluded, for surely that will be distressing to him."

'Abd Allah reported that the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, said, "A believer is not a fault-finder and is not abusive, obscene, or course."

The Prophet (saaws) said: "The most beloved of Allah's servants to Allah are those with the best manners."

a_stranger

a very important hadith

Abû Hurayrah relates that a man said to the Prophet (peace be upon him): “Counsel me.” The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Do not get angry.” The man repeated his request many times, but the Prophet (peace be upon him) kept saying: “Do not get angry.” [ Sahîh al-Bukhârî ]