Weird Dream

dianek

Diane, I live in the northern virginia area. Alhamdullilah there are a zillion masjids here. Look up www.islamicfinder.org

Yeah, I have been to the big mosque off of Lee Hwy I think........Near a restaurant called Jerusalem........Might need to make a road trip one weekend with hubby......he will get his thrills out of it anyway....;) Are you a convert/revert?

ama6621

Yeah, I have been to the big mosque off of Lee Hwy I think........Near a restaurant called Jerusalem........Might need to make a road trip one weekend with hubby......he will get his thrills out of it anyway....;) Are you a convert/revert?

No I am a born muslim Alhamdullilah. Even though there are many masjids in this area, I stick to one because I know several people there now. The majority of the people in that mosque are Arabs (I am not) but everyone seems to get along really fine with everyone else. There are asians, africans, whites, reverts...everyone... Alhamdullilah.

mhamzah

Hadith on Dreams

:salam2:

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri: The Prophet said, "If anyone of you sees a dream that he likes, then it is from Allah, and he should thank Allah for it and narrate it to others; but if he sees something else, i.e., a dream that he dislikes, then it is from Satan, and he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil, and he should not mention it to anybody, for it will not harm him."

:wasalam:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Hello ladybug,

I have a question for you?

the dreams you have (of the sort) you wrote are they long or short?

the answer will help me direct you somewhere dream wise..in Islam there are two categories for what you see while asleep...

1. Dreams..which are normally things that are scary..weird..do not make sense..contain evil acts or sinful ones..etc.

2. Visions..which are VERY SYMBOLIC..very DIRECT..and can be very easily interpreted as they flow smoothly or have one specific theme of sort (sorry if I'm not making sense..I'm trying my best to explain this)

Dreams are believed to be the work of Satan..he provokes them to entice evil within the mind and/or heart of a servant..to scare them..worry them..etc.

Visions are from Allah (swt)..and they become true at one point or another..and if they don't then they certainly carry a message or a warning regarding a matter in one's life..

So try to remember as best you can..what you see in your sleep..is it lengthy and unclear or short and direct?

Peace :)