Weird Dream

dianek

Would converting mean that I have to give up Law and Order SVU......and the music group Disturbed :( ???????? They are a few simple pleasures I indulge.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I would say he hit the nail on the head, so to speak, only I don't think I mock islam so much as that it is I know the attitudes of those non-muslims around me and I fear retribution from them, not that I detest or make fun of Islam. How can I? I live an "islamic" life for the most part due to my husband and children. Thank your father very much for me...I am printing the post to share with my husband this evening. Gosh, it was very enlightening, especially since I pray every night for answers.......in addition, my husband and I can be so distant and cold to each other.....we had been arguing for several days now and not speaking......immediately from this dream I woke him to hold me and did a "prayer" and ran his hands over my face....like I said I slept like a baby afterwards.

I am glad the interpretation was of benefit..and you connected to it somehow..when my father and used the word *mocking/mockery*..he was trying to use a word that would sum up *you having doubts..misconceptions..unanswered questions..misunderstandings..struggles..and opinions concerning islam*..

basically..you not being sure what to make of it..whether you should take it or leave it...something along these lines....

as for my thanking my father..he said that you are more than welcome..and in the end..he did nothing..and that God is undoubtedly more worthy of any and all your thanks..for being so Merciful as to choose you and warn you before it's too late..

and what your husband did is called *ta'azeem* in Arabic..he most likely recited verses from the Qura'an and then wiped your face..to symbolize..the blessing of these verses bringing comfort to you...and of course..that's another thing you need pay attention to!

Let me note though, in past dreams the Psalms and the cross always made them stop until this time......since I started communicating with you all here.

I always hear fellow Christians say..*God works in mysterious ways*..and everything happens for a reason..with a following consequence of course..you must be seeking God's help so much that He is making practically your every move lead you towards comfort and ease..this brings tears to my eyes..
Almighty God never forsakes anyone seeking Him..Glory be unto Him!

salam

dianek

It is interesting the way one is lead without even realizing.......IF I were to make Shahadah, is this something done in a mosque or can it be done in private. In addition, I know that wearing a hijab is something that I am not thinking that I would ever be ready to wear, atleast while living here. Would I be punished for this?

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Would converting mean that I have to give up Law and Order SVU......and the music group Disturbed :( ???????? They are a few simple pleasures I indulge.

LOL...i would say...

worry about what's within your heart..and where the truth lays..and how you can claim it to please Almighty God (first and foremost)..and salvage yourself

once you do so...you will find *new and different* sets of pleasures to indulge yourself in..which you will never find the likeness of :hijabi:

God Bless You

salam

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
It is interesting the way one is lead without even realizing.......IF I were to make Shahadah, is this something done in a mosque or can it be done in private. In addition, I know that wearing a hijab is something that I am not thinking that I would ever be ready to wear, atleast while living here. Would I be punished for this?

you may make shahadah...with sincerity..in your heart..and then make it official in front of a group of people..preferably in a mosque with an imam present..*whenever* you wish to do so!
but the key point is...if you realize the truth of Islam...you should immediately make shahadah in heart...
and you should read my previous post...

nobody expects a convert to turn to an "ideal muslim" overnight..

it took me 3 years *of thinking* to gather the courage and the conviction to wear hijab..and *i'm a born muslim!*

the heart....worry about *its* contents

and *the rest* comes from none...but God

dianek

I just wanted to share my friends interpretation of the dream as she was the friend in the dream. I look forward to responses about it...

"I can see how it would be interpreted that way by someone who believes in Islam, and may know of your present situation with ideas about Islam and Christianity. However, I think a number of people would interpret it a number of other ways. I see it just as a conflict over what to do, and how you feel "choked" in your life with your family since you have not accepted Islam (because it is presented to you that things would be better if you did, maybe), even though you are wary and cynical about converting to that faith. In other words, finally believing in Islam for you might be one less thing weighing you down with Imed as far as your relationship and family.

In any aspect, it scares me, because I'd hate to see you convert. Sometimes he is much too controlling already, and too male-oriented, and I feel that would give him even more of an upper hand. But only you know if that would be good for you or not. If you were to convert without all the other issues I have seen in your relationship with him, I'd be less skeptic.

You stated earlier about how many people have converted to Islam because they read up on it and see it as the truth, but you can find that kind of information on anything just about---people who converted to Buddhism, Christianity, etc, from other religions and why they think their new religion is "the way"."

Please note, she was with me when I met my husband and she has seen his transformation towards me thus her comments.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

dianek dianek, honestly i could not sleep because of thinking about your worries.truly it is Allah who inspires in others heart concern for those he wants to guide.
so now this dream..phew.not for the dream for you ..what is stopping you from accepting
THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH AND MUHMMAD IS THE MESSENGER OF GOD .SO IS JESUS SO ABRAHAM AND ALL OF THEM.

Imad

Hello Dianek,

I want to ask you who or what is Imed?

Please note: Why do people want to convert to Christianity, because of what? because of jesus ( Peace be upon him)?

Jesus have teached his people to worship only Allah. he didn't Say worship me. Is it because of Mary ( Miriam) peace be upon her. She also didn't say worship me.

Also with all the other religions, ask why?

You will see big differences........

It´s very clear. Why don´t you give your friend de opportunity to join this forum.

I really want to talk to her about christianity if she wants.

Thanks,

Imad or Imed is the same

dianek

dianek dianek, honestly i could not sleep because of thinking about your worries.truly it is Allah who inspires in others heart concern for those he wants to guide.
so now this dream..phew.not for the dream for you ..what is stopping you from accepting
THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH AND MUHMMAD IS THE MESSENGER OF GOD .SO IS JESUS SO ABRAHAM AND ALL OF THEM.

Sorry to keep you up my brother! No worries.......I will get myself straight sometime soon........who knows only God right? Thanks so much for all your info on the other thread.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

[Originally Posted by dianek
Let me note though, in past dreams the Psalms and the cross always made them stop until this time......since I started communicating with you all here/QUOTE]

Quote:
Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.

[57:28] O you who believe, you shall reverence GOD and believe in His messenger. He will then grant you double the reward from His mercy, endow you with light to guide you, and forgive you. GOD is Forgiver, Most Merciful

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

Hello Dianek,

I want to ask you who or what is Imed?

Please note: Why do people want to convert to Christianity, because of what? because of jesus ( Peace be upon him)?

Jesus have teached his people to worship only Allah. he didn't Say worship me. Is it because of Mary ( Miriam) peace be upon her. She also didn't say worship me.

Also with all the other religions, ask why?

You will see big differences........

It´s very clear. Why don´t you give your friend de opportunity to join this forum.

I really want to talk to her about christianity if she wants.

Thanks,

Imad or Imed is the same

BROTHER IMED IS SISTER DIAEKS HUSBAND.SHE IS OUR BELOVED SOON- TO- -BE SISTER .

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

The revelation of the Book is from Allah, the Almighty, the All-Wise.
(Surat az-Zumar: 1)

… This is a Book We have sent down to you so that you can bring mankind from the darkness to the light, by the permission of their Lord, to the Path of the Almighty, the Praiseworthy.
(Surah Ibrahim: 1)

The Prophet (saas) made it known that the Qur'an was sent down
as guidance and good news for the Muslims

The Prophet (saas) said that the Qur'an led people to the true path, and advised people to take it as their guide. Some of the verses on that subject are:​
[
.Say: "The Purest Spirit has brought it down from your Lord with truth, to make those who believe firm, and as guidance and good news for the Muslims." (Surat an-Nahl: 102)

Say: "If I am misguided, it is only to my detriment. But if I am guided, it is by what my Lord reveals to me. He is All-Hearing, Close-at-hand." (Surah Saba': 50)
This is why the Prophet (saas) placed great importance in teaching the Qur'an:

"Acquire the knowledge and impart it to the people. Learn the Qur'an and teach it to the people; for I am a person who has to depart this world."42

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

Say: "I do not say to you that I possess the treasuries of Allah, nor do I know the Unseen, nor do I say to you that I am an angel. I only follow what has been revealed to me." Say: "Are the blind the same as those who can see? So will you not reflect?" (Surat al-An'am: 50)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I just wanted to share my friends interpretation of the dream as she was the friend in the dream. I look forward to responses about it...

"I can see how it would be interpreted that way by someone who believes in Islam, and may know of your present situation with ideas about Islam and Christianity. However, I think a number of people would interpret it a number of other ways. I see it just as a conflict over what to do, and how you feel "choked" in your life with your family since you have not accepted Islam (because it is presented to you that things would be better if you did, maybe), even though you are wary and cynical about converting to that faith. In other words, finally believing in Islam for you might be one less thing weighing you down with Imed as far as your relationship and family.

In any aspect, it scares me, because I'd hate to see you convert. Sometimes he is much too controlling already, and too male-oriented, and I feel that would give him even more of an upper hand. But only you know if that would be good for you or not. If you were to convert without all the other issues I have seen in your relationship with him, I'd be less skeptic.

You stated earlier about how many people have converted to Islam because they read up on it and see it as the truth, but you can find that kind of information on anything just about---people who converted to Buddhism, Christianity, etc, from other religions and why they think their new religion is "the way"."

Please note, she was with me when I met my husband and she has seen his transformation towards me thus her comments.

interesting...

but i have a question for you...

speaking of this "transformation"..would *you* say it was for the better or the worst? (i think the answer would be very important in this whole thing)

as for her interpretation...it's another perspective on the issue..that can certainly benefit you..and God knows best

but i would like to mention one little thing to you..

if converting was a *mere choice*...then perhaps..all the christians living amongst the muslims (in muslim countries) would have converted already..because they would feel cynical and wary of the pressure..or feel obligated...or to get a sense of security..

and Islam is *submitting yourself to God*..if you choose to "submit" yourself to get rid of problems..you're gonna be doing this..FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS..and sorry for saying this but..you'll be fooling yourself into comfort and happiness

*guidance*..comes from God..*He guides whom He wills*.that's what we as muslims believe..no one..not even *you*..can take charge over such an issue..

and if i may say something else (i have said *a lot*..and if you're wary of anything..i wouldn't be surprised if it was me..hehe)

this search for answers...i think would be best done...if you do it on your own..in my opinion..i don't think you should even inform your husband..

embark on this search...on your own..and *for* your own *whatever* it is that you seek..

people (including myself)..will always have things to say..if you don't give *yourself* a chance to listen to *you* at least *once*..you won't come to peace of mind..

you have a God..who is with you in each and every moment..turn to Him..and God Willing..you won't be disappointed..

whether you will find your answers tomorrow...or a decade from now..you will come to it..but pray to God to make it the right one

and i do apologize for saying so much...but even though i was born a muslim..i had to go through something similar..i needed answers..and i was struggling
so i'm just connecting to you in a way..and that's why i'm sticking around this thread..hehe

uskupi

assalam alaikum ...dianek, do you believe in One god,in His Angels ,in His Prophets,in His reveald Books, determination,and day of Judgement?

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Dear Dianek, you said when you would see a bad dream, your pryers were helping, but not this time, since you joined here.

I think the reason is because you were seeking God through your prayers before and God was helping you, but since you joined us, you have been invited to that very God you were seeking.

The one and only, which is Allah (Allahu akbar = Allah is the greatest).

The message of Islam has reached you. Both sides are clear to you now. Its upto you to take it or leave it.

I will pray for you

Take care of yourself

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

Every individual, every society and every nation has its own particular destiny. Even before the first human being had been created, all the details of what each person would experience in the future, the events to be witnessed by every nation, the stages every society would go through, and the like, had all been established in the sight of Allah. Yet, people do not know any of these details that have been established, lived through, or done with in the sight of Allah. They only see and come to know them as they experience them. The future is thus unknown to us.

However, Allah has also revealed that He has granted some of His servants information about the unknown in the Qur'an. One such factor was that about the Prophet Yusuf (as). In his dungeon, he told two of his companions of the proofs of the existence of Allah:

He said, "No meal to feed you will arrive before I have informed you what they mean. That is part of what my Lord taught me. For I have left the religion of a people who clearly have no belief in Allah and are disbelievers in the hereafter." (Surah Yusuf: 37)

As we see from this verse, Yusuf (as) is saying that he knew something that had not yet occured. That is knowledge, and a miracle, imparted to him by Allah. Allah also gave him the knowledge to interpret dreams. As long as Allah so wished, he could see certain events in the future.

Similar knowledge to that given to Yusuf (as) was also given to other prophets. In some verses, Allah states that He will reveal aspects of the unknown to those He chooses to be His messengers:

He is the Knower of the Unseen, and does not divulge His Unseen to anyone-except a Messenger with whom He is well pleased, and then He posts sentinels before him and behind him. (Surat al-Jinn: 26-27)

Our Lord gave the Prophet (saas) much knowledge of the unknown. The Prophet (saas) was told by Allah of things that had happened in the past, which nobody knew about, and of things that were yet to happen in the future. Allah states the truth in one verse:

This is news of the Unseen which We reveal to you. You were not with them when they decided what to do and devised their scheme. (Surah Yusuf: 102)

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
I am sorry to try to intrpret your dream, but it is so obvious that your friend is playing the same role in reality as she did in your dream:SMILY231: