What can Muslims do to...?

Musulmanin

:salam2:

What do you think Muslims can and need to do to present the true nature of

Islam to non-Muslims?

Nowadays many non-Muslims have wrong stereotypes or misconceptions about

Islam and they strongly believe in them. How can we change that?

:SMILY209:

:wasalam:

Angela Hillyer

Salam wa alaikom

I would also like to no what we can do to change the name that muslims have.

We should all try and act more like the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

We should show manners, wisdom and patients and always be polite to all people, muslims and non muslims.

We should have more information nights where the non muslims can come and here about islam, and find out for themselves what islam is really like. And Insha'allah they will see the truth.

Wasalam

GAZIJA

Staff member
Esselamu Aleikum

This is a good queston. Maybe better question would be how can you bring people to open their minds? At my work place I talked a lot with my American co-workers and all information they are getting is from CNN, FOX... and when I asked why dont u watch Aljazeera he said I am scared that goverment is watching me ehheheheheeh
So, my point is people are close minded and since media brainwash them, they do not even think about listening to some strange entity from other continent.

melissa123

Not Junior Anymore!!
assalamu alaikoum,
I have thought about this topic, and I had a really good idea from a video I saw about a community in Melbourne who had a mosque open day. They advertised it at local churches too, and it was quiet successful. Even priests attended. Anway, me and a few friends are trying to organise the same thing in my city. It should be cheap inshaAllah, so not much problems to fundraise because we dont work atm... Anyway, if you have any ideas can you help? At the moment we have planned to have information booths on a range of things, with posters and flyers etc, talks by muslim youth and also perhaps an Imam to convey to people of other faiths that we are really normal people who want to be part of the community, and are proud of where we live.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam aleikum,

This topic is important i think..it needs to go Up :)..many people havn't said their words..

Definetly, going back to the sunnah of our beloved Prophet saws is essential, know your religion first before you can talk about it you have to have a certain amount of knowledge to answer to questions of non-muslims as well as Patience, some people think they can guide people..and that's wrong..some poeple are not very good at talking about religion verbally they can physically engage in distributing leaflets, helping to show non-muslims the masjiid, organising events..there are soOo many things we, as a one Umma can do, but also you as an individual.

dianne

salam,

I always heard that ppl said that theyre OPen minded,actually their brains doesnt open at all.the existance of Allah swt,the truth of prophet Mohammad saw.

wassalam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

Why not go out, make videos, interviews, write nice articles about the beauty of Islam and put them on this site. Its what it was made for. Inshaalllah, then people will have place to come and find out the real Islam. Via internet we can reach millions of people.

wasalamu alaykum

17th

Bismillah......
:salam2:

What do you think Muslims can and need to do to present the true nature of

Islam to non-Muslims?

Nowadays many non-Muslims have wrong stereotypes or misconceptions about

Islam and they strongly believe in them. How can we change that?

:SMILY209:

Salaam,

How can you change that? By living the -true- way... By teaching Muslims AND non-muslims the -true- way.... Ignore your false leaders and those that are blinded by hate, by war, by greed. Muhammad (pbuh) had the right way! Lead by his example! Lead by what the Qur'an tells you... Who, who among you is more wise? More just? More powerful, more merciful? More of a leader than Allah? None.... That is how many.

maca salāma