What do you think about "The Nation of Islam"

g0lden

Assalam aleikom brothers and sisters,

I work with a brother and he has told me he is a member of the nation of Islam.
I've seen Malcom-X several times and have even read into this group. I think they are a bunch of radicals and very corrupt. He tells me that they are true Islam, and I want to roll my eyes and start laughing, but I don't want to be rude. I even tell him that Malcom-X truly found himself and Islam when he made his Hajj, and that he finally left his corrupt ways. He proceeded to tell me that is when Malcom-X lost himself and Islam, and that the honorable elijah muhammad is a messenger of Allah.

Has this brother lost his marbles, or is there any truth to "The nation of Islam?"

Thanks
Dawud

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Obviously there is no truth for we're clearly told that our prophet may peace and blessings be upon his soul was "the seal of prophethood" any idiology that states that there is prophet after is false and out of the fold of Islam. May Allaah guide them to the haqq and to the way of our prophet and the salif. ameen

alf2

Islam is a way of life
1) They follow a FALSE PROPHET.
2) They are racists and believe dark skinned people are better than light skinned people. (Lets remember our prophet when he said no race is better than another!)
3) They MURDERED Malcom X because as you said, he found the TRUE Islam after making his Hajj alhamdulilah. May judgement day be blessed for him.

There is no room for them in this Ummah until they seek guidance.

tariq353

:salam2:

Nation of Islam has nothing to do with Islam(its better to call this as "Not Of Islam" :D ).....Wn Malcolm X went for Haj he was surprised that he was sitting, eating, drinking with white people n they treat him like brother not as a black.....there he found True teachings of Islam n comes to knw the reality of this grp which propagates hate....... left this ..and wn h tried to expose them ........he paid the price.....

As sister already mentioned that Prophet :saw: is the seal of prophets.....
no new prophet will come after him.......

Quran 33 40.
Múhammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but [he is] the Messenger of Allah and seal [i.e., last] of the prophets. And ever is Allah, of all things, Knowing.

any one who believes contrary is out from the purview of Islam.

There is nothing like True Islam/False Islam/Modern Islam/Moderate Islam...

Its just "ISLAM".......following Quran n Authentic sunnnah..

Your friend has rejected the verse of Quran...how can he claim to be true..

Your friend has even Called Malcolm X as kafir as he left the group.....

In Islam there r no blessings in declaring other Kaafir (very common these days)...but there r severe consequences if the person isnt in the eyes of Allah bcz the kufr comes back to the caller (in that case).

Sahi Bukhari bk 73
8.125.1: Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "If a man says to his brother, O Kafir (disbeliever)!' Then surely one of them is such (i.e., a Kafir)."

Sahi Muslim
Bk 1, Number 0117: It is reported on the authority of Ibn 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessings be upon him) said: Any person who called his brother: or unbeliever (has in fact done an act by which this unbelief) would return to one of them. If it were so, as he asserted (then the unbelief of man was confirmed but if it was not true), then it returned to him
(to the man who labeled it on his brother Muslim).

wa salam

bari

Nation of islam is the enemy of islam and the brothers of shaitan with racism in their heart.

g0lden

That was one thing that made no sense to me. I never heard the Quran say anything about only one color is accepted. So all this hate the white man made no sense. I am glad to hear that everyone is in agreement here. I am going to choose not to listen to him ramble on about how his radical ways are the right way.

tariq353

True words brother Dawud,
Islamic teaches us that we all r from sme parents.....n Allah has divided us into nations tribes n colour so that we can recognize each other not to divide.

Quran 49:13
O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.

Same message was reminded to us by our beloved Prophet :saw: in his last sermon

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor does a black have any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim, which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves. Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, NO PROPHET OR APOSTLE WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW FAITH WILL BE BORN. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand the words, which I convey to you.

wa salam

masihuddin

Even the son of elijah mohammad saw the falsehood of his father teachings and beliefs and reverted to the true Islam and Alhamdulilah thousands of his followers have since then renounced the Nation and have entered the fold of islam
I am afraid even to question [is there any truth in the nation of islam ] can place one in the category of Kufr because it indicates that you doubt the finality of prophet hood of
Muhammad S.A.S

g0lden

I understand it that the Prophet Muhammed SAW is the final messenger from Allah. That was over 1400 years ago, so I don't understand Elijah Muhammeds relevance. Can you please explain. I tried doing some research about him, but nothing that really says that he is divine, as the brother I work with claims he is.
Saying that only a black person can join is not teachings of Islam, and neither is hating anyone.

Thanks
Dawud

Shak78

I understand it that the Prophet Muhammed SAW is the final messenger from Allah. That was over 1400 years ago, so I don't understand Elijah Muhammeds relevance. Can you please explain. I tried doing some research about him, but nothing that really says that he is divine, as the brother I work with claims he is.
Saying that only a black person can join is not teachings of Islam, and neither is hating anyone.

Thanks
Dawud

The NOI say that Elijah Muhammed is the new prophet that is to lead the Black race to thier destiny. He is seen as the next in line after Prophet Muhammed SAW.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

American black Muslims, have distanced themselves so far away from the NOI that the NOI has become truly irrelevant. i don't think they even have more than 20,000 members nationwide.
:wasalam:

ayesha.ansari

BEING A MUSLIM WE ARE NOT, ALLOWED TO SAY ONE OF OUR MUSLIM BROTHER, O KAFIR,, THAT IS HARRAM IN ISLAM,, AS ONE OF MY FRIEND HAVE DISCUSSED IT WITH GREAT WAY,, MASHALLAH..

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
BEING A MUSLIM WE ARE NOT, ALLOWED TO SAY ONE OF OUR MUSLIM BROTHER, O KAFIR,, THAT IS HARRAM IN ISLAM,, AS ONE OF MY FRIEND HAVE DISCUSSED IT WITH GREAT WAY,, MASHALLAH..

Agreed! But let us say that, they are in disguise, as it is happening and we all are aware of it then?

-Abrar
:wasalam:

masihuddin

It is true we muslims are not permitted to call brother muslim as kaffir but sister Ayesha please note that members of the NOI are not muslims as they consider Elijah Mohammed as a prophet when the chapter of prophethood was closed by Allah S.W.T. 1400 years back with the final and last prophet Muhammad bin Abdullah SAS

DanyalSAC

The Nation of Islam believe that ALLAH s.w.t. came to earth in the person of Elijah Mohammed, and is a "Prophet". They say the Qur'an predicts this.

They say that Surrah Ta-ha ayat 102 (Yawma yunfakhu fee alssooriwanahshuru almujrimeena yawma-ithin zurqan) (The Day when the Trumpet will be sounded: that Day, We shall gather the sinful, blue-eyed) means whites.

They do not salaat. They don't need to do Hajj (though for some reason they're allowed in Mecca).

This is an excellent article talking about the differences:

http://www.islamfortoday.com/nationofislam.htm

Elijah's son Warith Deen Mohammed supposedly switched many of his followers to "orthodox" or Sunni Islam, but much of W.D.'s beliefs were off the manhaj as well.