what i done or what should i do ?.....

Kakorot

:wasalam:

The family didn't accept you because you're a revert? Didn't they know that the sahabah were reverts? You seem like a really nice person mashaAllaah. It's their loss sis :)

May Allaah make things easy for you.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
:salam2: maybe , or maybe he really deserves someone better then me....just tryng to be realistic...and to serve me as a lesson :tti_sister:

esperanza

revert of many years
:salam2: maybe , or maybe he really deserves someone better then me....just tryng to be realistic...and to serve me as a lesson :tti_sister:

we dont know what the reason is sister...Allah knows the reason ..maybe something better will come to you ,,,,

Hajjerr

inchallah for all of us Because whenever he face something good, he thank Allah, and whenever he face something hard, he be patient.

Hajjerr

:salam2: brothers and systers.....is anyone willing to exchange lifes..?...i feel so hurted like.... i am half dead..is anyone willing ? or alse my head will explode :SMILY176: ya Allah, ya Allah

a_stranger

:salam2:
Be calm dear sister, nothing in this life deserve this sadness.......please pray ......make duaa......i am sure everything will be ok.

esperanza

revert of many years
:salam2: brothers and systers.....is anyone willing to exchange lifes..?...i feel so hurted like.... i am half dead..is anyone willing ? or alse my head will explode :SMILY176: ya Allah, ya Allah

dear sister..please be patient,,,i know your hurting,,,but inshallah life will become easier..hold on to your faith,,forget those around you and those who have hurt you,,,there wil be a light at the end of the tunnel

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

there wil be a light at the end of the tunnel

Indeed the above is SO TRUE! I am a living example of that. Be patient dear sister. InshaAllah you will find success very soon.

Please read this article. Yes it is not a long one. Just short, but hoping that it will be beneficial for you inshaAllah.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77657

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
I have a question. Was this marriage proposal done according to Islamic custom? What I mean is, was this a dating relationship or falling in love relationship? I feel that it was and that maybe his family disapproves because of it. Truthfully, it would be better for a revert to marry another revert from the same country and custom. Too often, there are Muslims that are more concerned about their custom than with Islam and cause two people that are actually good for each other to end up not being together because of silly things like country, tribe, family etc.

Hajjerr

:salam2: thank you for your words, between you here i feel better. It was not a dating relationship, we are from different countrys and wanted start a famelly in his country, but seems is not in the plan of Allah All Mighty , may He guide us all, ameen. You are very right with this phrase: Too often, there are Muslims that are more concerned about their custom than with Islam and cause two people that are actually good for each other to end up not being together because of silly things like country, tribe, family etc. This is what affects me saw much :salam2:

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

Oh sweet sister, I have been where you are now. I am married to someone born and raised in Islam. His family rejected me immediately when he approached them about marrying me. So for over 2 years I kept myself busy with my education while he continued to speak to his family about marrying me. In the end he basically married me even though they wanted someone from their own country and ethnic background.

It is not "happily ever after" and there are numerous challenges due to his family's affinity for their culture. But the most important thing was for us to be on the same page when it comes to our deen. Our story is not the norm though and many Muslim families worship their culture over their religion. So this guy may not be the one for you, only Allah knows.