What is this on Medina Dome?

Abu Talib

Feeling low
This object is not a basic question. In fact the dome itself shouldnt be there. So for me the basic question is why this dome hasnt been destroyed to expose the dome worshipers and others who think this dome is some holy symbol of islam.

The reason why it has not been demolished

The scholars have explained the shar’i rulings concerning the building of this dome and its obvious effects on the followers of bid’ah’ who have developed an attachment to this structure and its colour, and they praise and venerate it a great deal in their poetry and writings. Now it is up to the authorities to implement these fatwas, and this is nothing to do with the scholars.

The reason why it is not demolished is so as to ward off fitnah and for fear that it may lead to chaos among the ordinary people and the ignorant. Unfortunately the ordinary people have only reached this level of veneration towards this dome because of the leadership of misguided scholars and imams of innovation. They are the ones who incite the ordinary people against the land of the Two Holy Sanctuaries and its ‘aqeedah and its manhaj. They are very upset about many actions that are in accordance with sharee’ah in our view and contrary to innovation in their view.

Whatever the case, the shar’i ruling is quite clear, and the fact that this dome has not been demolished does not mean that it is permissible to build it or any dome over any grave, no matter what grave it is.

Shaykh Saalih al-‘Usaymi (Pbuh) said: The fact that this dome has remained for eight centuries does not mean that it has become permissible, and being silent about it does not indicate approval of it or that it is permissible. Rather the Muslim authorities should remove it and put it back as it was at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). They should remove the dome and the adornments and engravings that are found in the mosques, above all the Prophet’s Mosque, so long as that will not lead to an even greater fitnah. If it would lead to an even greater fitnah, then the ruler should postpone the matter until he finds an opportunity for that. [Bida’ al-Quboor, Anwaa’uha wa ahkaamuha (p. 253)]

weakslave

It does matter as unnecessary lies and conspiracy theories are being spread around regarding this, once cleared up it will silence those involved spreading such things, ignoring it will only mean it will carry on.

lets hope that some of the saudi members can clear this up

I agree with brother arzafar. We are fueling these conspiracy theories. No Muslim worth his salt would waste time thinking about a trivial matter like this, let alone discuss it. We leave the ignorant to discuss such matters.

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
ah!!! Dear Friends,
As an Aircraft Engineer I could say that,it is just an earthing,the Minaret above the dome is ground to prevent strikes of thunder.
Note: Please see the pic clearly, that rope is connecting the Golden Minaret above the dome and is running downwards.So it is just an earthing to ground that Minaret.
I'm not saying that I am right but this is the most appropriate answer for me b'cos I have seen how we ground or earthed the aircrafts.

Sagit1998

It says in the Arab text that someone is buried up there, but that is obviously a Lie. We just need confirmation from someone to tell us what it actually is?
Didn't you know that the green dome of Medina is actually Prophet Muhammad's tomb?
I don't think that they would put his body in there, if they did then they need to show more respect to the great Muhammad.

ahsanq8

Does anyone know what this is on top of AL Masjad Al Nabawi? (Medina)

image0011s.jpg
[/QUO

once upon a time there was a king in Saudi who ordered to demolish all sahaba as well nabi grave in Madina ( like a jannatull baqi) .so labor started to remove all grave from Madina city
only known person can tell you what area belong to which sahaba because there no indication available this time it is just like open land.
the same time one man claimed on the rasooullah roza and try to demolish but Allah killed him on the spot .
so Saudi government try to removed his dead body but they cannot able to remove . so they try to hide with some so many thing but they cannot remove his dead body from there.
That story given by one of my Shia friend . Allah knows better.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

I know this is an old topic, but thing on the dome looks very clearly like chains to me. You can even see the chain trailing downwards along the dome to the ground. Most likely its a structural or maintenance aspect.

AdnanHaq

re: Dome shouldn't be there.

Just want to say to all the brother and sisters that Many Kafirs tried (via Arab scholars) to remove them Dome, I am not a scholar but what I understand is the Dome is NOT on the grave, it was Bibi Aishas RA house and the dome is ON THE HOUSE - like any roof on any house - and if you decided to bury your loved one in the house.

Also one important point is that All three buried are not actually dead (in the sense of Shahada, which are not dead, according to Quran). Simple.

There is another the reason to confirm the above is "the separation wall" (where the graves are) are build (by Bibi Aisha) ONLY when Hazrat Umar RA passed away (in wordy sense). The reason was simple, Rasool Allah PBUH was her Husband and Hazart Abu Bakar was her father and are her Mahrams but Hazat Umar was not her Mahram and Parda (Hijab was Compulsory).

Thanks