What is this on Medina Dome?

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Hmm i guess no one knows what this is....sad i think as it will further feed the conspiracy theories!

Bro I just received a email fwd with teh same picture with a message saying:
This was a miracle happened around 90 years ago narrated by Sheikh Al-Zubaidi.

A person tried to demolish the Dome of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) – Masjad Al Nabawi (Gumbad-e-Khizra).However, when some one climbed over the dome to start the demolition, a sudden Lightning struck him and the climber died at the spot and no one was able to remove his body from the top of the dome!!!
It was also said that a pious man from Madina heard a voice in his dream that no one can take out the dead body from the Dome and that he should be buried their as a warning and a lesson for those who may think of attempting to demolish it in future!!!
Finally, they decided to bury the man right there on the dome and to cover his body with a green box so it won’t be visible to p people.

Allahu Alam if its true or not

arzafar

A person tried to demolish the Dome of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) – Masjad Al Nabawi (Gumbad-e-Khizra).However, when some one climbed over the dome to start the demolition, a sudden Lightning struck him and the climber died at the spot and no one was able to remove his body from the top of the dome!!!
It was also said that a pious man from Madina heard a voice in his dream that no one can take out the dead body from the Dome and that he should be buried their as a warning and a lesson for those who may think of attempting to demolish it in future!!!
Finally, they decided to bury the man right there on the dome and to cover his body with a green box so it won’t be visible to p people.

wth!
now bro what is the authenticity of that story? who gave you this story? have you confirmed it from a credible source?

FreeMind.

Knowledge is Power.
:redface::redface:

It's nice to see something trying to link up to it, but that's highly
doubtful.

No intention of disrespect brother, just doesn't seem likely. :redface:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member

As-salaamu `alaykum

I think an event as big as this would have been reported on a mutawaatir scale in the books... The way the story has been conveyed is all to fishy. Just sounds like the Barailwi opportunists have been hallucinating again and forged this story.

True_Sultan

A logical believer

Pretty Far fetched, but not impossible, here are my thoughts (logical)

1). maybe it was built there for the rising to the heavens for our Prophet (PBUH).
2). As most have said, for dome maintance
3). As a entrance for sky lights? Maybe like a window on the roof?

Thoughs are my thoughts..

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Pretty Far fetched, but not impossible, here are my thoughts (logical)

1). maybe it was built there for the rising to the heavens for our Prophet (PBUH).
2). As most have said, for dome maintance
3). As a entrance for sky lights? Maybe like a window on the roof?

Thoughs are my thoughts..

Your point 1). sound pretty thougthless

arzafar

duh

Read what i told at the end of the story.. i am not here to claim its true .

I just got the fwd..

but then you should not fwd things to others without confirming them first. As i said speculation just adds to the confusion.

ixplora

"What is that structure on the dome" I think we know it isn't something magical or mysterious just need to ascertain the fact of what it actually is?

ixplora

I have asked the same question on four seperate Islam forums and no one has the answer, if no Muslim can even answer something so obvious and able to be seen, then how can anyone get to the more fundamental questions in Islam?

Abu Talib

Feeling low
I have asked the same question on four seperate Islam forums and no one has the answer, if no Muslim can even answer something so obvious and able to be seen, then how can anyone get to the more fundamental questions in Islam?

You need to wait man .. don't hush up may be they don't consider it important to answer as you think. And it has nothing to do with fundamentals..

Nothing wont happen if you don't find the answer also.. it wont stop you from praying ....

There are other more strong fundamentals you should concentrate on if you talk about it

ShyHijabi

My refute is that this has nothing to do with the fundamentals of Islam, this is simply something on top of a mosque that mostly has a structural function. One should always deal with the basics before moving onto subjects such as this which are strictly intellectual curiosities and have no holding over the destiny of one's soul.

This is like asking about the color of paint on a buidling rather than what is in the building and what people do in the building.

sajjuaiah

Firstly, when was it that any one ever came to demolish the masjid of the prophet -s.a.a.w.- in the protected blessed city of Madina?

Second, the masjid green dome was not built by the prophet or his companions or even the guided Khalifas, but by the King Qalawoon in 678 Hijri. The masjid itself was remodelled and had parts torn down and rebuilt and enlarged over ten times, there is nothing holy about any part of its walls or minarets or that dome.

Third, there's nothing challenging about getting a dead body off of a dome.

Fourth and most importantly, someone getting a dream would not convince the salafi Saudi authorities to break Islamic shariah tenets and leave a corpse on top of the masjid, nor would anyone think that God would send specific inspiration that goes against our religion (leaving a body unwashed and unburied in the earth), nor that inspiration containing directives would ever be sent to anyone at all after the prophet said that inspiration after his passing will be cut from the Earth except in personal glad tidings, and this doesn't sound like glad tidings.

Sounds like a sufi myth.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Firstly, when was it that any one ever came to demolish the masjid of the prophet -s.a.a.w.- in the protected blessed city of Madina?

Second, the masjid green dome was not built by the prophet or his companions or even the guided Khalifas, but by the King Qalawoon in 678 Hijri. The masjid itself was remodelled and had parts torn down and rebuilt and enlarged over ten times, there is nothing holy about any part of its walls or minarets or that dome.

Third, there's nothing challenging about getting a dead body off of a dome.

Fourth and most importantly, someone getting a dream would not convince the salafi Saudi authorities to break Islamic shariah tenets and leave a corpse on top of the masjid, nor would anyone think that God would send specific inspiration that goes against our religion (leaving a body unwashed and unburied in the earth), nor that inspiration containing directives would ever be sent to anyone at all after the prophet said that inspiration after his passing will be cut from the Earth except in personal glad tidings, and this doesn't sound like glad tidings.

Sounds like a sufi myth.

THANK YOU :SMILY139:

Finally, this thing on the roof or whatever is only for maintainace or as a light source if maybe power is cut? Nothing else is logica and Islam is the truth and truth is logical as its reality and sureality...So yeah..I think?

nizar83

aselemu aleikum..dear brothers and sisters why wont we pounder on something more usefull such as the word of ALLAH azza wajall in the quran..this is wasted time..i couldnt care less if they said ALF was burried there..who cares

ixplora

aselemu aleikum..dear brothers and sisters why wont we pounder on something more usefull such as the word of ALLAH azza wajall in the quran..this is wasted time..i couldnt care less if they said ALF was burried there..who cares

w/s

Maybe your right but is the harm in answering this basic question?

shiekhtm

If no one has the answer then it will be such a minor thing that we all will laugh out loud. Maybe just a small door for repairing the roof or something whihc is insignificant, actually some morons are looking for such things to support their deviant ideas about Islam. They want to make Islam like Hinduism who can find God even in the small pebble..

arzafar

This object is not a basic question. In fact the dome itself shouldnt be there. So for me the basic question is why this dome hasnt been destroyed to expose the dome worshipers and others who think this dome is some holy symbol of islam.