What Islam Says about Christmas

Discussion in 'Introductory Articles About Islam' started by Mabsoot, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Sister June

Sister June Junior Member

work pt in a craft store.
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for posting this!:tti_sister:
  2. Mu'meen_InshaAllah

Mu'meen_InshaAllah New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Allaahu aakbar

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu wa magfiraatu

Jazakallaahu khaer, for your words and ilmullaah, alhamdulillaah. Insha'llaah, one day I may be able to spread the haqq as you have here, and as is recommended of us. Ya Allaah may Allaah stengthen us with knowledge and wisdom aameen.

I have just finished reading your response and mash'Allaah, I'm pleased very well. May Allaah be pleased with you aameen. If I never get better at giving da'waa and assisting our ummah I pray that you and others like you growing in this deen on the straight path are pleasing to Allaah as He is pleasing to you.

May Allaah keep us on the right path and may we be of those guided aright. Again jazakallaahu khaer.

Wa salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatu wa magfiraatu. . .
  3. Sister June

Sister June Junior Member

work pt in a craft store.
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0

I agree. :tti_sister:
  4. safi_shade

safi_shade New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    :salam2:

Jazakallah khairun for this post
  5. kerbela_turkey

kerbela_turkey New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    ALLAHU EKBER.........
  6. BGfromGB

BGfromGB Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Christmas: Everything you need to know

As a non muslim and a disillusioned christian, I believe this is one area where you can challenge the christians. I have been reading the scriptures and the more I read them, the more I realize how paganism has crept in.

But i do take issue with you and your claim about the corruptions in the scriptures. I have searched hard to try and find any form of corruption. Maybe I'm missing something about the 'corruptions' in the scriptures. And maybe someone out there can help me.

In the meantime, I have been syudying the Torah and the truth that is revealed therein. The 10 commandments are as valid today as they were in the days of Moses. It is for this reason that G-d is not a religious G-d. It is him and his word (scriptures) that I have now chosen to follow
  7. ibn azem

ibn azem Super Moderator Staff Member

muslim
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0
    Hi BG

Welcome to TTI forum,

With an open heart and a clear mind, the truth will come if you sincerely seek it by the Will of Allah (swt).

As muslims we believe in what has been revealed to Musa (Moses) peace be upon him, originaly in the Tawrat (Torah). However we are informed by Allah (swt) in the Qur'an that certain people at certain time have started to loose their fear of Allah and were manipulating with the Tawrat and later the Injeel (gospel) that was revealed to 'Iesa the Son of Maryam, for a small amount of money, gold or whatever:
    Because they were the ones who were asked to teach the people the religion of Allah, that they should worship ony Allah and do righteous deeds, and they failed to do so.
    So the Qur'an was revealed, but this time Allah had guaranteed that it would not be corrupted and would be preserved by Allah, how? see for ex. the article: The preservation of the Qur'an

As for the sources where you must have missed them, even though you have many cases that even christian theologians admit to that in different places, I have at the moment this video if you have time to look into:
    http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2555

And in the meantime you can browse a little through the forum and see what Islam really teaches and what we really believe as muslims.

Thank you for taking your time to look into my response BG, and I ask Allah (did you know? even the arab christians call the Creator of the World by the name of Allah) to help you find the truth by His Will ineed He is the Most Merciful.

bye for now.
  8. Fahad_Agus

Fahad_Agus Junior Member

student of computer engineering
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    i'm ashamed to admit that even some muslim people in kuwait celibrates christmas and they dont do it as a religios thing but as a fashion thingy so they are copying others with blind eyes and minds.
  9. Erik

Erik Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all Sisters and Brothers, I will reply to this without even reading more then the basic questions and no replies after it.

I live in sweden and know this well, people celibrated this time before because up in the north in the winter the sun never raises, in the summer, it never sets, daylight 24 hours, in the winter dark all the time.

Early Christianity wanted some say to use that celibration and bind it to christianity to make the religion grow faster in north of Europe, Before, there where other religions. Hope you are, is or about to have a good day. /Erik
  10. Erik

Erik Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    I wasent clear in what I wrote, people up north celibrated the change in light in the year, just after the time when days got shorter again
  11. Redneck

Redneck Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    You should have been here thirty five years ago. Christmas was very different then.

1. Most of us were materially poor by today's standards.

2. We had big extended families and these linked to other families to form bigger communities. How good were they? My Granddad didn't have a lock on his outside door until 1968! Another relative had an outside toilet and a tin bath. Tin baths in front of real fire in front room are magical when you are a kid- imagine being told a story with other little kids, all wrapped up and warm, in front of a fire , eyes wide, ears open ...

3. Christmas was much more about meeting family members who you hadn't seen the rest of the year.

4. Presents were simple cheap gifts . Sometimes they were made over the year by relatives. A knitted jumper ( From Grandma -"... stitched with my love to keep you warm...")

5. Kids without both parents or disabled kids, got more presents from the community. Most single parent families were a result of death rather than divorce in those days.

6. When I was a teenager, and back at school in January after the Christmas holiday, I began to notice a lot of boys ( and girls) wearing jumpers with one sleeve longer than the other. My family could knit, but not everyone's relatives had the same skills- If you went down to the bottom of the school playing fields you would find quite a few multicoloured items of clothing hidden in the bushes - " Sorry mum, lost it in PE..."

7. Christmas is well out of control today. Thinking non-Muslims are very cynical about it. It's a feeling of sadness and powerlessness.

8. Someone told me Coco Cola managed to get Santa (ang?) colours changed from green to red and white- any one know if this is myth or true?
  12. justoneofmillion

justoneofmillion Junior Member

student
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0
    hey red,well sant really got hired by coca cola it is true i watched a documentary abt it a couple of months ago it was called the evolution of Santa Claus or something similar to that...indeed they were the ones to give him the red and white colors for marketing reasons:)

wassalam
  13. Redneck

Redneck Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    I thought it sounded true. So here we have another example of a society being hijacked by big companies.

I can just remember what it was like when non Muslims in this country
    were not so materialistic . What you have to remember is that until the 1960's food and other goods were scarce , in fact it was rationed in this country. Maybe my parents dreamt about having vacuum cleaners and machines that did their washing for them, owning a TV, being able to walk round massive shops piled high with foods, giving their kids everything they never had.

But what a price!

I have hope Islam can withstand the pressures of consumerism . Our own "brand" of Christianity failed. Look what we became.

There is still the collective memory of towns with communities, extended families, and simple loving actions and gestures. All this anger you see
    is really a kind of grief and frustration on the part of many non Muslims
    who have a sense of loss but can not understand it, or even give it a name.

How do you begin to explain this to them?
  14. yafash

yafash Junior Member

student
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0
    asalam alaikum,
    i believe this is coming at the right time, the non Muslims need not be offended by our (Islam's) position on this their celebration. Our Deen is one based on evidences and any knowledgeable Muslim will question such a thing. but it is obvious that their religion has given room for such innovations. i think the best thing to do is to we educate those we can, maybe Allah will guide them aright.
    One thing i must also add: the non Muslims should stop forcing their Ideology on us by greeting us with Merry Christmas phrase, we don't go about on the day of Eid telling every non Muslim Eid mubarak. I count this as religious oppression. No muslim should be shy of refusing any christmas related gift or the like, our Deen clearly goes against this, and we should be firm on this.
    jazakallahu khairan for the post
  15. dunno

dunno Junior Member

student
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    thank you very much for this post
  16. ummsami89
    Cheerful

ummsami89 Junior Member

retail associate at Macys
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    How do we respond, if at all

Salam aliakum. I work in retail and its a very busy season right now. Constantly the people will tell me Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays. How do I respond? If at all? Do I go into detail about not celebrating it? I know that is probably dawah.. to explain........ I am not supposed to congratulate them at all right? Its difficult being the only muslim working in a dept store......but it gives me edger my being strong.inshallah. I already have to make duas to be strong during this time with my family. as I am a convert.....when I have been with family and celebrated for over half my life...subhanallah. Alhumduillah I am muslim....and I feel sorry for them.....
  17. AliIbanez

AliIbanez A Stranger in Dunyah

Jihadi
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    I think just a smile is enough or just say Salam (Peace) to them so as to encourage them to ask question regarding Islam (Oh! so you are a muslim?...). But make your reply as short as possible (Ikhlas or oneness of Allah swt) or just answer what he ask (I think you dont want long lane of custmers to happen in your retail store :)
  18. Proud_2b_Muslim

Proud_2b_Muslim Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud

PE teacher (sport)
    Home page:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0
    jazak Allah khayran
  19. Mabsoot
    sunnah

Mabsoot Amir Staff Member

Home page:
    Ratings Received:
    +745 / 6
    ****************** bump*******
  20. Aichabella

Aichabella Junior Member

college student/ mother and wife
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    asalamualaykum, i could not view the whole thread. some suggestions will be helpful. thank you