What motivates you?

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

What motivates you to do whatever it is that you do on a daily basis?

I mean we all rise every morning and busy ourselves with life but what is the motivation behind your actions? Do you have an inspiration, a goal, a focus, a dream you're working on or building?

Contribute inshaAllaah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

What does not motivate me.

Life is created anew each day. I just love to get up and live it all.

I can have it all.

And there is so much to do and see and learn and etc. etc.

Do not limit the horizon.

( I write this as I have to change the faucet; please pray this will take less than two hours and an emergency call to the plumber)

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Wa-alaikum assalam ^ ..

Chin up Sakeena.. this isn't necessarily about careers at all!

Does it really point to careers? How disppointing, because I don't think I wanted this thread to be narrowed down like that, inshaAllaah it wont be.

Sakeena

Wa-alaikum assalam ^ ..

Chin up Sakeena.. this isn't necessarily about careers at all!

Does it really point to careers? How disppointing, because I don't think I wanted this thread to be narrowed down like that, inshaAllaah it wont be.

I wasn't suggesting it was about careers, but that's one thing that's making me nuts.

Just been down in the dumps lately. :girl3:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
I wasn't suggesting it was about careers, but that's one thing that's making me nuts.

Just been down in the dumps lately. :girl3:

...I understand, its a cut throat rat race when it comes to careers, dont let that make you miserable, its not worth it.

As for the being in the dumps .. we'll soon pull you back up from there ..this thread may help inspire you to feel better! I hope.

Sakeena

...I understand, its a cut throat rat race when it comes to careers, dont let that make you miserable, its not worth it.

As for the being in the dumps .. we'll soon pull you back up from there ..this thread may help inspire you to feel better! I hope.

I hope. :( Permission to scream my lungs out?

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

Nope, certainly not, this thread is no place for negatvity, can you possibly let us know what motivates you on a good day, think about it and then let us know, ok?

strive-may-i

:salam2:
Watching every person who wake up and give their best, I have realized, its life that motivates. Its Allah who sustains, our self is nothing but a container of his blessings... This journey is nothing but an opportunity to perfect the imperfections and not spoil the perfections by adding imperfections!

Start your own thread, its time for it, lets hear your scream. More are willing to scream

Sakeena

Nope, certainly not, this thread is no place for negatvity, can you possibly let us know what motivates you on a good day, think about it and then let us know, ok?

On a good day, I'm a happy-go-lucky Sakeena. Oblivious to everything around me... but I'm happy and content with my life thus far. :hijabi: Right now, too many depressing things going on in my life, but I need some inspiration, so bring it on! :D

MuslimShadow

What motivates me?

Good Muslims.

Sometimes you meet or get to know people whose words and actions leaves a mark in your life and motivates you to do something for the sake of ALLAH.......:):)

They may not be aware of it though.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

I do have a dream that motivates me dear sister, my dream to build the perfect muslim famelly inchallah :) I work to gain knowledge for this.
Islam teaches us patience, to never loose hope in Allah inchallah, promised us for every good deed there is reward...the bad things in our life happen because our weak heart...
and Allah knows best what is in our hearts.

" Successful; are indeed the believers who are humble in their Salaat." (23:1-2)

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

:jazaak: very nice thread.
Although there are difficulties and life and life without them is meaningless.Life without challenges is meaningless.I am a human and get tensed at times,when times are tough.Then I take a moment stop and think.My mind motivates me,the thoughts that come to my mind,I always try to be positive in the face of all negativity.The worst thing that can happen is death.Everything else is in the mind,you can make your life positive or negative based on your thoughts bi'idnillah.Mind is plastic.Perception matters.
Islam is all about being positive,,living between hope and fear.Having good hope in Allah and fearing His wrath,if we do wrong.Islam gives life,Qur'an gives life.
Patience is our shield and faith is our weapon.So keep your thoughts positive and every type of negativism,around it, will shatter.It's nothing,it's all going to fade.
There are short term and long term goals.Get up everyday with a smile and hope in Allah that we will do our best and see our dreams fulfilled.Hope in Allah is my motivation.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum

Since I have anxiety and depression issues I thought I am weakling until I saw this video I realized if he can do it then why can't I.

[yt]H8ZuKF3dxCY[/yt]

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..

Although there are difficulties and life and life without them is meaningless.Life without challenges is meaningless.I am a human and get tensed at times,when times are tough.Then I take a moment stop and think.My mind motivates me,the thoughts that come to my mind,I always try to be positive in the face of all negativity.The worst thing that can happen is death.Everything else is in the mind,you can make your life positive or negative based on your thoughts bi'idnillah.Mind is plastic.Perception matters.
Islam is all about being positive,,living between hope and fear.Having good hope in Allah and fearing His wrath,if we do wrong.Islam gives life,Qur'an gives life.
Patience is our shield and faith is our weapon.So keep your thoughts positive and every type of negativism,around it, will shatter.It's nothing,it's all going to fade.
There are short term and long term goals.Get up everyday with a smile and hope in Allah that we will do our best and see our dreams fulfilled.Hope in Allah is my motivation.

:salam2: Brother,
Your motivation is motivational. Yes, Allah is the One who wakes us every morning and only through Allah we achieve this positivity.
When waking with praise for Allah on my lips, I automatically feel energy to get out of bed. And with Allah's name all my actions are blessed.

Just like Sister Hajerr, my motivation is to mold myself into the best Muslimah I can be so that I can be the best wife and mother one day Inshallah.
I dont have a lot of humanly support right now but grateful for the few wonderful people in my life who give me all the more reason to start smiling. I am also grateful for the ones who make me cry as that makes me humble in front of my Lord.

And then there is my rich cuppa coffee waiting for me to start it all off!

Its a complex question Sister al-fajr!

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu`alaykum

Since I have anxiety and depression issues I thought I am weakling until I saw this video I realized if he can do it then why can't I.

[yt]H8ZuKF3dxCY[/yt]

Akhi, I have seen this video and it makes me cry to see how happy he is----and how sad a person like me who has everything is :( It makes me wonder how he does it all! subhana'Allah.

May Allah make us thankful....may Allah give you and every Muslim with depression good health. amen

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaykum,

Now to answer the question----I would have a lot to say, however my current state of emotions is only making me think negatively.
What inspired me was doing all that I do for Allah's sake---thus my goal was to please Allah in everything. Insha'Allah, I regain my motivation back! Please make dua for me...please!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Our motivation is in our hearts. He has told us how close to us He is. Call upon Him with His Beautiful Names.
And part of motivation is letting go.

I make dua and I make dua with belief. InshaAllah, you will be all better.

Sister, you are welcome to PM at anytime.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for sharing with us these usefull and motivating advices Alhamdulilah.

I aslo wish to share with my dear brothers and sisters few advices Inshallah, which I hope it can be usefull for all of us.

If you feel pain in your soul remember that Allah promisses us: "Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

If you feel loney and you do not have with noone to share your worries remember that Allah tells us: "And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein (by Our Knowledge)." ( Surah Qaf, ayah 16)

If you feel sadness and pain in your heart because of your sins do not forget that Allah tells us:"And those who, when they have committed Fahishah (illegal sexual intercourse etc.) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their sins; - and none can forgive sins but Allah. ( Surah Ali Imran,ayah 135)

And when you wish for something with what Allah is pleased, always ask only from Allah, because who else can give us something except Allah.Many times people will turn thier heads of us because some do not wish to help us and some can not help us,but Allah, Our Rabb is the One who never leaves us.

Allah subhanahu wa teala sais: And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation)". ( Surah Al gafir,ayah 40)

Allah is advicing us:" So verily with the hardships, there is relief, verily with hardships,there is relief".( Surah Ash-Sharh,5,6)

May Allah make us one of those who rely always on Allah and may Allah help us that when ever some worry and sadness make burden on our heart we ask help of Allah first,and may Allah help us to never despair of His mercy and His forgivness.Ameen.

:wasalam:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for sharing with us these usefull and motivating advices Alhamdulilah.

I aslo wish to share with my dear brothers and sisters few advices Inshallah, which I hope it can be usefull for all of us.

If you feel pain in your soul remember that Allah promisses us: "Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

If you feel loney and you do not have with noone to share your worries remember that Allah tells us: "And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein (by Our Knowledge)." ( Surah Qaf, ayah 16)

If you feel sadness and pain in your heart because of your sins do not forget that Allah tells us:"And those who, when they have committed Fahishah (illegal sexual intercourse etc.) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their sins; - and none can forgive sins but Allah. ( Surah Ali Imran,ayah 135)

And when you wish for something with what Allah is pleased, always ask only from Allah, because who else can give us something except Allah.Many times people will turn thier heads of us because some do not wish to help us and some can not help us,but Allah, Our Rabb is the One who never leaves us.

Allah subhanahu wa teala sais: And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation)". ( Surah Al gafir,ayah 40)

Allah is advicing us:" So verily with the hardships, there is relief, verily with hardships,there is relief".( Surah Ash-Sharh,5,6)

May Allah make us one of those who rely always on Allah and may Allah help us that when ever some worry and sadness make burden on our heart we ask help of Allah first,and may Allah help us to never despair of His mercy and His forgivness.Ameen.

:wasalam:

I have a presentation in 15 minutes and reading this filled my eyes with tears! :hearts:

You're amazing sister.....Wallah I needed to read this---
May Allaah grant you the highest level of Jannah! You have given my distressed soul hope by pointing out what it could not see! Thank YOU.