What motivates you?

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2: Brother,
Your motivation is motivational. Yes, Allah is the One who wakes us every morning and only through Allah we achieve this positivity.
When waking with praise for Allah on my lips, I automatically feel energy to get out of bed. And with Allah's name all my actions are blessed.

Just like Sister Hajerr, my motivation is to mold myself into the best Muslimah I can be so that I can be the best wife and mother one day Inshallah.
I dont have a lot of humanly support right now but grateful for the few wonderful people in my life who give me all the more reason to start smiling. I am also grateful for the ones who make me cry as that makes me humble in front of my Lord.

And then there is my rich cuppa coffee waiting for me to start it all off!

Its a complex question Sister al-fajr!

:wasalam:
:jazaak:
Being grateful for even the smallest things is very good with respect to being positive that is what being positive is all about,looking in the face of all problems and smiling,saying "you are not here to break me,you cannot,but here from Allah to make me."Sometimes our biggest problems can be the source of something something good for us.
I prefer tea,masha'Allah I drink almost 3-4 cups everyday.

Assalaamu alaykum,

Now to answer the question----I would have a lot to say, however my current state of emotions is only making me think negatively.
What inspired me was doing all that I do for Allah's sake---thus my goal was to please Allah in everything. Insha'Allah, I regain my motivation back! Please make dua for me...please!

Wa 'alaikumassalam warahmatullah,
Sister,I read that you are thinking of studying psychology,masha'Allah tabarakAllah.Human mind is a fascinating thing,we can impose positivism or negativism upon us and around us based on our thoughts.Masha'Allah what can be a better motivation than the thought to be closer to Allah?Sister,take your time and think about it.Reflection,contemplation and thinking upon things that we see and feel and upon Qur'an and relating it to Allah, are our tools ,with which Allah has blessed us so that we might know Him and thus find closeness in Him.Take your time,stop for a moment and think,maybe write down your thoughts insha'Allah.
May Allah make it easy for you and us all.Ameen.

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for sharing with us these usefull and motivating advices Alhamdulilah.

I aslo wish to share with my dear brothers and sisters few advices Inshallah, which I hope it can be usefull for all of us.

If you feel pain in your soul remember that Allah promisses us: "Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

If you feel loney and you do not have with noone to share your worries remember that Allah tells us: "And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein (by Our Knowledge)." ( Surah Qaf, ayah 16)

If you feel sadness and pain in your heart because of your sins do not forget that Allah tells us:"And those who, when they have committed Fahishah (illegal sexual intercourse etc.) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their sins; - and none can forgive sins but Allah. ( Surah Ali Imran,ayah 135)

And when you wish for something with what Allah is pleased, always ask only from Allah, because who else can give us something except Allah.Many times people will turn thier heads of us because some do not wish to help us and some can not help us,but Allah, Our Rabb is the One who never leaves us.

Allah subhanahu wa teala sais: And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation)". ( Surah Al gafir,ayah 40)

Allah is advicing us:" So verily with the hardships, there is relief, verily with hardships,there is relief".( Surah Ash-Sharh,5,6)

May Allah make us one of those who rely always on Allah and may Allah help us that when ever some worry and sadness make burden on our heart we ask help of Allah first,and may Allah help us to never despair of His mercy and His forgivness.Ameen.

Wa 'alaikumassalam WaRahmatullahi WaBarakatuhu,
waJazakAllahi khayr ,sister.BarakAllahu feeki for sharing those points,truly there is no source of peace,serenity and tranquility except Allah,The absolute and the eternal refuge.
When wahy had stopped for a few days to our beloved prophet of Allah :saw:

Al-`Awfi reported from Ibn `Abbas, "When the Qur'an was revealed to the Messenger of Allah :saw: , Jibril('alyhissalam) was delayed from coming to him for a number of days (on one occasion). Therefore, the Messenger of Allah :saw: was affected by this. Then the idolators began to say, `His Lord has abandoned him and hates him.' So Allah revealed,
﴿مَا وَدَّعَكَ رَبُّكَ وَمَا قَلَى ﴾
(Your Lord has neither forsaken you nor hates you.)'' In this, Allah is swearing by the forenoon and the light that He has placed in it.(From Tafsir Ibn Kathir)

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
By the forenoon (after);[] (1) By the night when it darkens (and stands still). (2) Your Lord (O Muhammad ( :saw: )) has neither forsaken you nor hates you. (3) And indeed the Hereafter is better for you than the present (life of this world). (4) And verily, your Lord will give you (all good) so that you shall be well-pleased. (5) Did He not find you (O Muhammad ( :saw: )) an orphan and gave you a refuge? (6) And He found you unaware (of the Qur'ân, its legal laws, and Prophethood) and guided you? (7) And He found you poor, and made you rich (selfsufficient with selfcontentment)? (8) Therefore, treat not the orphan with oppression, (9) And repulse not the beggar; (10) And proclaim the Grace of your Lord (i.e. the Prophethood and all other Graces). (11)
Ameen to your dua's.

Al-bint

Smile! It's Sunnah!
As-salaamu alaikum,

my inspirations change every now and then ! but yes presently I am very much inspired by Nouman Ali Khan. The way he makes you understand the Qur'an actually made me ponder over the fact that all these years all I did was reading the translation when I could have learnt arabic... So Alhamdulillah I have decided and even started to learn arabic :)
Please pray for me if you remember coz i really want to learn arabic and understand Qur'an on my own...

plus some other answer here are also proving to be quite an inspiration!

jazakallah for this thread. May Allah Bless You!

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

I have a presentation in 15 minutes and reading this filled my eyes with tears! :hearts:

You're amazing sister.....Wallah I needed to read this---
May Allaah grant you the highest level of Jannah! You have given my distressed soul hope by pointing out what it could not see! Thank YOU.

:salam2:

Thank you my dear sister for your kind words and may Allah reward you. :)

I am happy and glade sister that it has been usefull for you, but Alhamdulilah I only shared words of Allah.

And I agree with you dear sister that sometimes even unintentionaly we can help to someone with sharing our feelings,thoughts and our knowledge with others for the sake of Allah.

I pray to Allah that He help you sister in your worries, but we should not forget that our worries do not last forever as long as we have Allah.

May Allah help us all.Ameen.

strive-may-i

Assalamu`alaykum

Since I have anxiety and depression issues I thought I am weakling until I saw this video I realized if he can do it then why can't I.

None can be a 'better you' other than 'You'. Translates to None can be a 'better me' other than 'Me'

When faced with a task or action to do - Invoke Allah's guidance and ask yourself honestly 'If I cant do it who else can?'

Then once we achieve what was felt un-achievable. Thank Almighty and remind yourself 'If I can do it, even others can do it too'

Lets March on to another minute, another hour another day. Lets March on to a better human, to a better hereafter. May Allah assist each of us in holding high the covenant... Aameen

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
motivation is depend upon so many things ....yours moods , conditions , problems, your surroundings friends family .....your perception your emaan and relationship with Allah and above all your deeds ...every day sun brings same light rays but we feel different As you and I travel though life we find ourselves in one of two situations. Either something good is happening in our lives and in which case – as Muslims- our role is to thank Allah for the blessing. Or something bad is happening to us, something we dislike and our role here is to be patient (Sabr). This is the formula for a happy life, a life cruising towards the pleasure of Allah. Sabr or Shukr, the worry stops here.

The Messenger of Allah (SAL ALLAHU ALAYHI WA SALLAM) said, “Strange is the affair of the Mu’min (the believer), verily all his affairs are good for him. If something pleasing befalls him he thanks (Allah) and it becomes better for him. And if something harmful befalls him he is patient (Saabir) and it becomes better for him. And this is only for the Mu’min."
http://www.halaltube.com/sabr-shukr-the-worry-stops-here
sister i hear islam no time to be depress inshaAllah life is running off so much to do for akhera .....