What would be the main reason to become a muslim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabra

The Truth

I gave you one of the bible verses where Jesus made the claim. I don't understand why you say Jesus (pbuh) never claimed to be God

Do you agree that according to these verses, the reason they wanted to kill Jesus was for blasphemy, calling Himself God? (Mar 14:64).

Thank you

Hello, No I do not see anywhere in this verse that Jesus(pbuh), said he is God(swt). He did not claim to be God anywhere in the bible. I think you need to read your own response and open your mind. Okay for starters in (Mar 14:61)
"Again the high priest asked him and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the
SON of the Blessed?" 14:62 "And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the SON OF MAN sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of Heaven." 14:32 "And they came to a place which was named Gethsemane: and he saith to his disciples, sit ye here, while I shall pray." 14:35 " And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass him." 14:36 " And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible, unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt." 14:39 " And again he went away, and prayed,
and spake the same words.

(John 14:25) "These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father." 14:26 " At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:" 14:27 " For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God." 14:28 " I came forth from the Father and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Jesus said he is the SON OF MAN. In 14:35 and 36 Jesus prays to God to let death pass him, to take this cup from me if it is Your(God) will. If Jesus died for your sins, why was he asking God to save him from death. Jesus spoke in parables or proverbs as he himself has said in (John 14:25). In 14:28 he is telling us that he came into this world and will leave this world, and go back to the Father. How much clearer does this need to be said, for the christians to understand! Again from your on link that you posted,

Hershel Shanks wrote "In the temple of Solomon and the Tomb of Caiaphas," on page 44, “Joseph of the family of Caiaphas” offers the best modern understanding of the inscription since there were no last names used at the time of Jesus. The inscription literally reads “Joseph son of Caiaphas,” but this does not mean “the son of biologically” since “son of...” is used in the sense of belonging to the same group or family5.

Another thing Jesus(pbuh) was a PROPHET, a messenger sent from Allah(swt),
and he was a Muslim, he taught his disciples to submit to the will of
Allah(swt), interpretation: ISLAM. Have you ever thought about the fact that
Moses(pbuh), did not tell his people the Law he brought was judaism, or Jesus(pbuh) told his disciples I am leaving you with christianity. In the Quran (5:3)
Allah(swt), has told the people of this world, " This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My Favor upon you, and have chosen Islam as
your religion."

Peace, Sabra :tti_sister:

uskupi

Great question.
The scripture you have referred to actually is calling the rulers at that time as gods. Jesus is using that scripture verse to say, since you called those gods, and you've seen the miracles I have done, why won't you even call me the Son of God?

Have you studied the bible? Do you consider it God's Word?

Peace

assalam alaikum i...i have studied the bible and i must honestly say that i found in the bible a lot of contradiction wich are scientificley nonreasonable as it is the trinity 3=1 and 1=3 in the new testimony and a lot of baseless transcriptions in the old testimony like prophet Lut aleihi salam (Lot) having sexual intercourse with his own daughters wich is unimaginable for one Nobel Prophet and beside that you have so many version of bibles .So maby i have geve you two reasons why you should leave the old and the new testimony and i think here in TTI you have very nice posts from various members as a reason to become muslim... assalam alaikum

Sabra

Yes I studied the bible and everytime I read the bible, I know very well that
Jesus(pbuh) was a Muslim and he was teaching the people, Islam, just as all the Prophets(pbut) have taught, Islam. Prophet Muhammed(pbuh), was the seal of all the prophets, teaching, Islam.

Peace

Great question.
The scripture you have referred to actually is calling the rulers at that time as gods. Jesus is using that scripture verse to say, since you called those gods, and you've seen the miracles I have done, why won't you even call me the Son of God?

Peace

Hello,

Please have a look at these videos. Ahmed Deedat videos are long, but if you double click on the video it should take you to Youtube and you can finish seeing the rest of the exciting debate. Every penny is worth watching it.

[yt]hpBuqC5aAWQ[/yt]

[yt]IUc0qnxMXBs&feature=related[/yt]

Ahmed Deedat Vs. Anis Sorrosh
[yt]52DZg1ucofM&feature=related[/yt]

Ahmed Deedat Vs. Jimmy Swaggart
[yt]Wu1mbvJx6vE&feature=related[/yt]

Ahmed Deedat Vs. Sjboreg
[yt]nwXtzcGs0xs[/yt]

uskupi

Yes I studied the bible and everytime I read the bible, I know very well that
Jesus(pbuh) was a Muslim and he was teaching the people, Islam, just as all the Prophets(pbut) have taught, Islam. Prophet Muhammed(pbuh), was the seal of all the prophets, teaching, Islam.

Peace

assalam alaikum...

abou haytam

Great question.

Peace

I didn t study bible but i don t consider it word of God for the simple reason which is : what you have now is not written the time of revelation and it s not written in the langage spoken by jesus....bring me the bible written in langage spoken by jesus and i will study it. But we do beleive in islam that Allah revealed a bible to jesus and a muslim denying this fact is considered out of islam.

uskupi

I didn t study bible but i don t consider it word of God for the simple reason which is : what you have now is not written the time of revelation and it s not written in the langage spoken by jesus....bring me the bible written in langage spoken by jesus and i will study it. But we do beleive in islam that Allah revealed a bible to jesus and a muslim denying this fact is considered out of islam.

assalam alaikum ...just smal corection brother abou haytam Allah reveald Injeel (evangelium) to Isa (jesus) assalam alaikum

Bluegazer

I know this comment of mine might be out of place, but a certain situation has happened before, and I thought it's better to post this now before it's too late.

To the moderators; Assalamu Alaikum. I thank you for your great efforts.

I have promised DadManG a response in my post #52. I'm working on it. I just need more time. I hope -God willing- that I'll be able to post this response soon.

Please do not close this thread before I'm able to fulfill my promise to DadManG.

I thank you again.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salam

It appears some brothers and sister are growing frustrated with DadManG, however I’d just like to add lets not forget about Yusuf Estes and what his intentions were when he set out to try and convert his guest an Egyptian Muslim who was staying with him at the time.

The Egyptian Muslim bro just bided his time and listened carefully to what he had to say about Jesus (PBUH) until Yusuf Estes heard the truth about Jesus (PBUH) from the Egyptian brother which caused him to question his own faith and as a result he later embraced Islam. In fact his wife and father embraced Islam to.

So, it’s not guidance from us but guidance from Allah. I urge DadManG to read the Quran with an open heart and God willing you will come to the truth as many of the brothers and sisters using this site have done Alhamdulilah.

The Qur'an prescribes freedom of conscience:
"There is no compulsion in religion. Truth stands out clearly from falsehood; whoever rejects evil and believes in God has grasped the strongest rope that never breaks. And God is All-Hearing and All-Knowing." (Qur'an 2:256)

Peace2u

Sabra

Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullah

Peace2u, I love this Ayat from the Quran
The Qur'an prescribes freedom of conscience:
"There is no compulsion in religion. Truth stands out clearly from falsehood; whoever rejects evil and believes in God has grasped the strongest rope that never breaks. And God is All-Hearing and All-Knowing." (Qur'an 2:256)

This is just how I feel, like I have grasped the strongest rope that has ever been given to us from Allah(swt).

Peace Sabra

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
I have been reading this thread, but I didn't want to crowd it too much. But I want to add my two cents, so please allow me to quickly post the following:

Doubts about Jesus's divinity even within the Gospels:
Even within the four canonical Gospels there are numerous passages which cast doubt on the divinity of Jesus and therefore on the concept of Trinity which presupposes it. There are at least twenty instances where Jesus prays. See Matthew 14:23, 19:13, 26:39, 27:46, 26:42-44; Mark 1:35, 6:46, 14:35-36; Luke 3:21, 5:16, 6:12, 9:18, 9:28, 11:1-4, 22:41; John 14:16, 17:1, 17:9, 17:11, 17:15.
If Jesus were himself divine, i.e. God, to whom is he praying and why?

Now about Jesus's birth who you call God:
An angel must have come and planted the soul of Almighty God into the tiny fetus, and after his birth the Almighty God was breast feeding and doing potty, etc etc. Don't you see something is wrong in this picture?

Now about the so-called death of Jesus:
When we human-beings die our souls are taken away by the angel of death. The soul doesn't come out of he body by itself, it is forcefully taken out of the body by the angel. These angels are nothing more than workers/servants of God Almighty. Now imagine a worker, an angel of death reaching out and extracting the soul of Almighty God from the body and taking it away. I don't know if people really think before saying these things or not.

Now, if the angel of death didn't extract the soul from the body forcefully and placed it where all souls are placed after death and the soul came out by itself, then it does not fulfill the definition of death and it is a kind of rigging, and we cannot call it real death. It is like a magician pulling wool over your eyes.
When we humans die, we really die because we cannot come back. But for God the death is immaterial, it has no real value. It is like voluntarily going into another room. So what is really being sacrificed here? Nothing!

Think about it.
:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I have not read any of the posts..but I found it necessary to respond. Besides I always respond.
When someone approaches us about Islam I am delighted. It is so difficult to make the transition from Christianity to Islam. In a sense Islam is very fluid. We have rules but are not bound by dogma. We are bound by an individual decision. The metamorphasis from illusion to reality is one reason to become Muslim. There are no stressors anymore. Life is dicatated by reason and logic. We enter the world of the sunnath. WOW.
It is quite simple why one would become Muslim: Allah subhana talla has invited us.

DadManG

It looks like a very well produced film, but why should I believe it is true? I could do the same to you. I could find some book or film that says otherwise.
I'm not sure how to continue on.

Thank you

dianek

It looks like a very well produced film, but why should I believe it is true? I could do the same to you. I could find some book or film that says otherwise.

Thank you

Which film are you referring t?

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member

Thank you

Hi
but why should I believe it is true?

I dont know if u referring to the videos been posted or somethingelse ,but just my sincere advise to u is to take The Quran and The Bible and try to compare .Just simply try to read with open heart and mind :)

bye

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
I know this comment of mine might be out of place, but a certain situation has happened before, and I thought it's better to post this now before it's too late.

To the moderators; Assalamu Alaikum. I thank you for your great efforts.

I have promised DadManG a response in my post #52. I'm working on it. I just need more time. I hope -God willing- that I'll be able to post this response soon.

Please do not close this thread before I'm able to fulfill my promise to DadManG.

I thank you again.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

salam aleikum

Take your time brother :p

waaleikum salam

gazkour

Dadmang

I think you should continue on READING and answering some of the questions we have asked. At this point I'm not sure anymore if you have been doing so, actually.

I repeat mine once more:

What would happen if all humanity accepts Jesus(PBUH)as saviour? Is Hell going to be empty then?

Another point and question:

When Jesus says the he and the Father are one, that means one in PURPOSE!

For example the Bible says that husband and wife become one flesh...does that mean that the husband is the wife and viceversa?

Or as another example: If you send me with a mission and message for me to spread, I could say then to the people that if they obey and listen to my message and follow me it is like obeying and listening to you
....does that imply that I am you and you are me in the whole sense of the word?

DadmanG, having faith doesn't prohibit us to use our common sense. Don't worry, they can go well together, at least in Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.