What would be the main reason to become a muslim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No where in the Bible does Jesus (pbuh) say these simple words...."I am God, worship me"....no where in those verses or any other verses does He say that...plus the Bible goes through so many revisions each month that people have a hard time following.

Please watch....Khalid Yasin's "Jesus Never Said "I am God, worship me"

[yt]EamNk1i0hqE[/yt]

nobbyv

Abu Maryam
Dear Brother DadManG,
Assalamualaikum...peace be upon you...

Doesn't Jesus (pbuh) clarify his intent in the very next verse John 10:34 by saying "Isn't it written in your books, that thou are gods, sons of the most high"...He is refering to the Book of Psalms where common people are called gods, sons of the most high. So, he is clarifying his statement that he is not GOD but a common man!!

and GOD know's best...

dianek

Again, we believe Jesus is Christ, the Messiah! The Bible was written in parables, correct? So to me when you say in the first quote it means to me that he is providing proof that he is the Messiah, NOT God! How can God pray to himself? Why did he ask while on the Cross, "Father why hast thou forsaken me?" Why would he say that if He is GOD? You are accepting blindly the faith and taking the words in a tone to support your faith. If you were to look at it as a student of literature or unbias then you would interpret the words differntly hanging on every word you read to see what meaning is behind it. If you are here to learn about Islam, then read the Qu'ran, read it and compare it to the Bible. Did you know there are scientific revelations in the Qu'ran that could not have been known at the that time in history? I will find some information for you on that and send the link. BUT PLEASE, stop looking at Islam as though it is a "different" God........It is the same God as the God of the Bible and Torah. The very same Father!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
DadManG,

I think you should see by now that as Muslims we do not agree with your statements and conclusions. Can you tell me what your intentions have been with this thread? Are you trying to convince people to believe what you believe? Or are you trying to learn about Islam? Or is it another reason entirely?

I am not upset or anything, I am just curious as to what your motivation is.

Peace
assalamo alaikum brothers and sisters

THANK YOU!..I have been reading this thread for days now..and I have seen a pattern to it..
it's interesting how DanManG..has linked every single christian-based website he could google..quoted practically every single verse out of the bible...for *US* TO READ (I read so much..I can be the next Deedat!..HEH!)...but all the brothers and sisters who have quoted the Qura'an and/or recommended websites for *HIM* TO READ (mind you they're so great..that *I*..the *born muslim*..learned a lot from them!!!)..have been COMPLETELY IGNORED!!!..

VERY VERY interesting..

*sigh*

I think the brothers and sisters should open their eyes to this pattern..and I think DadManG..is "closing" only because he now sees that his missionary work is not bringing forth any "salvation" for all the brainwashed-terrorist-devil-following-mohammad-worshipping-men-and-women on this one website called turn to islam!..HEH!

brothers and sisters...please be careful...I (and I'm positive that many of you also) have seen how others wanting to learn about Islam were like...they would actually read even the hadith!!! (for days at a time!)..and come ask about what they read..and present what they believe in or have questions about..and wait for clarifications..

DadManG..has not asked a single question about anything of this sort..he just keeps arguing his belief of God..and how it can't be right to believe in Him (swt) the way we do (just look at how many times..brothers and sisters mentioned that we worship THE SAME GOD..but do not accept the divinity of Isa (PBUH) or the trinity!)..and he has not even taken simple recommendations into account..PLEASE be careful!..

and jaza allah khair those who have provided such wonderful information to further enlighten their brothers and sisters and other non-muslims..baraka allaho feekom

wa alaikum assalam brothers and sisters

Salaam,

I figured this patten before you :SMILY129:

It's just repetitive arguments and a waste of time. I suggest this thread be closed.

DanManG - May God help you find the truth and right path. Take care.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Salaam,

I figured this patten before you :SMILY129:

It's just repetitive arguments and a waste of time. I suggest this thread be closed.

DanManG - May God help you find the truth and right path. Take care.
goodgoodgood!

we're on a roll then! :D (that's probably the only time I will feel a relief about someone else beating me to something..hehe)

salam

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Dear DadManG please read,

If Jesus is God why did he run away from the Jews?

Does this makes sense? God running away from His creation??

If Jesus is God, why does he need to eat? For God is self-sufficient.

What happens when Jesus sleeps? The world stops??

Did Jesus claimed he is God? No.. he never claimed he's God.

Instead, he said this in the bible which you believe in:

"Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve." Matthew 4:10 (King James version)

"Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' " Matthew 4:10 (New International version)
There's much more for me to add up, but I think I'll just end here. :)

DadManG, I suggest you fall down with your face to the ground just like Jesus (peace be upon him) did (Matthew26:39). Ask God, to guide you to the straight path. The path that will you to Him(God). Ask God and not Jesus. God the Almighty who created you.

I leave you with this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcSucqF-PRU

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcSucqF-PRU[/yt]

abou haytam

salam o alikom

I think there is no problem if we continu to discuss about jesus cuz he is a prophet of isalm too. what ever was the intention of dadmang we aske allah that this discussion be a sight of light in dadmang heart.

Remember that Umar ibn alkahtab intention, the day he embrassed islam, was killing our prophet(saw). Only allah guid whom he want and only allah change hearts.

Dadmang, if you are looking for the truth be sincere and your lord will guid you.

salam o alikom

DadManG

A quick response:
According to the bible, the reason that the religious leaders put Jesus to death was because He claimed to be God:
Mar 14:60 The high priest stood up and came forward and questioned Jesus, saying, "Do You not answer? What is it that these men are testifying against You?"
Mar 14:61 But He kept silent and did not answer. Again the high priest was questioning Him, and saying to Him, "Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?"
Mar 14:62 And Jesus said, "I am; and you shall see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING WITH THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN."
Mar 14:63 Tearing his clothes, the high priest *said, "What further need do we have of witnesses?
Mar 14:64 "You have heard the blasphemy; how does it seem to you?" And they all condemned Him to be deserving of death.

Thank You

A quick response:
According to the bible, the reason that the religious leaders put Jesus to death was because He claimed to be God:
Mar 14:60 The high priest stood up and came forward and questioned Jesus, saying, "Do You not answer? What is it that these men are testifying against You?"
Mar 14:61 But He kept silent and did not answer. Again the high priest was questioning Him, and saying to Him, "Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?"
Mar 14:62 And Jesus said, "I am; and you shall see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING WITH THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN."
Mar 14:63 Tearing his clothes, the high priest *said, "What further need do we have of witnesses?
Mar 14:64 "You have heard the blasphemy; how does it seem to you?" And they all condemned Him to be deserving of death.

Thank You

DadManG,

Jesus (pbuh) never claimed to be God, I repeat no where in the Bible did he say " I am God, worship me." Please read some of the responses the brothers/sisters are giving you. You seem to be dodging the time people took to give you responses.

DadManG

I just listened to your video.
Would you be willing to list your questions for me to respond to. I would be happy to do my best to give you an accurate and honest response.

Peace

DadManG

I gave you one of the bible verses where Jesus made the claim. I don't understand why you say Jesus (pbuh) never claimed to be God

Do you agree that according to these verses, the reason they wanted to kill Jesus was for blasphemy, calling Himself God? (Mar 14:64).

Thank you

dianek

I just listened to your video.
Would you be willing to list your questions for me to respond to. I would be happy to do my best to give you an accurate and honest response.

Peace

A vast amount of us here were Christians and so have no questions that we need clarification on. I would think any question posed would be one to which is intended to make YOU think......

inam1971

:bismillah1:

Say (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him) to these Mushrikum and Kafirun): O Al-Kafirun (disbelievers in Allah, in His Oneness)
I worship not that which you worship,
Nor will you worshiop that which I worship
And I shall not workship that which you are worshipping,
Nor will you worship that which I worship,
To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islamic Monothesim);,

# 109 Surah Al-Kafirun (The Disbelievers)

uskupi

Jesus Christ said that He was God.
JOH 10:24 The Jews therefore gathered around Him, and were saying to Him, "How long will You keep us in suspense? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly."
JOH 10:25 Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father's name, these bear witness of Me.
JOH 10:26 "But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep.
JOH 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;
JOH 10:28 and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand.
JOH 10:29 "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
JOH 10:30 "I and the Father are one."
JOH 10:31 The Jews took up stones again to stone Him.
JOH 10:32 Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?"
JOH 10:33 The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."

Is it logical to conclude that Jesus is either God, a liar or a crazy person. Not a Prophet?

Thank You

assalam alaikum... so jesus needs permision from the father to performe miracles,,,that is enough as an evidence that jesus is not god. God is the one who geves permision we muslims call him ALLAH subhanehu we teala (preis and glory to Him)

uskupi

This has been a very good discussion. I appreciate ALL the comments. Thank you all very much. I would like, in closing, to make one final attempt to convey something.
The reason people will go to Hell is because they have broken God's Law/Commandments.

1. Ever broken the first commandment?
"You shall have no other gods before me." That means that we should love God with all of our heart, mind, soul and strength. The Bible tells us that no one has kept this commandment
(Psalm 14:2-3).
assalam alaikum ... in the post #64 i was asking you to answer me one question and you answered here in post #70
wich i confirm as a corect answer , but one thing remains that you do not notice and that is that you (DadMang) are in contradiction with the 1.Command and YOU are the one who is breaiking the firs commandment, although you are orderd by the first command to have NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME you are claiming that one of His creatures ( Jesus (Isa) pbuh) is equal to Him ...

Mairo

Maryama
Salam all,

I just thought I would add a few more lines from the Quran:

[4.171] O followers of the Book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Isa son of Marium is only an apostle of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His apostles, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one God; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector.

[3.64] Say: O followers of the Book! come to an equitable proposition between us and you that we shall not serve any but Allah and (that) we shall not associate aught with Him, and (that) some of us shall not take others for lords besides Allah; but if they turn back, then say: Bear witness that we are Muslims.

[5.73] Certainly they disbelieve who say: Surely Allah is the third (person) of the three; and there is no god but the one God, and if they desist not from what they say, a painful chastisement shall befall those among them who disbelieve.

It is my understanding that the purpose of this website is not for debate between Christians and Muslims, but that it is to be a source of information for those who wish to learn about Islam.

DadManG, I am still not clear what your motivations are for posting here - that is my question for you and I hope you will answer it. It is also my hope that if you had no interest in learning about Islam before, that maybe your interest has been piqued by this discussion.

Good luck to you.

[22.54] And that those who have been given the knowledge may know that it is the truth from your Lord, so they may believe in it and their hearts may be lowly before it; and most surely Allah is the Guide of those who believe into a right path.

DadManG

Great question.
The scripture you have referred to actually is calling the rulers at that time as gods. Jesus is using that scripture verse to say, since you called those gods, and you've seen the miracles I have done, why won't you even call me the Son of God?

Have you studied the bible? Do you consider it God's Word?

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.