What would you do?

DanyalSAC

I remember watching the short version of this a couple years ago after I first became Muslim. When I shared it with my mother, her husband got very outraged. It was odd, in the version I saw the man who they followed out to his car ("You're not American!") didn't have his face blurred then.

sliver

I can't believe someone can be that ignorant and say they are American. I sometimes think things like these are fake because I can't fathom someone being so ignorant and racist. It's a bit humorous sometimes.

Aroosak

I recently watched an episode of 'what would you do' about discrimination in the workplace. It was about three different people wearing some type of religious attire . A Jewish man wearing a yamaka, a Muslim woman wearing a hijab and a Sikh man wearing a turban. In the show one of the actors was interviewing them and asking them to remove their religious garment be it the yamaka, the hijab or the turban. It was surprisingly refreshing to see many people defending the sister who was discriminated for wearing her hijab. Some women even asked her to have lunch with her as to show off the manager that they agree with her right to wear her religious attire. However in the case of the man wearing a turban ( which is most times confused for a Muslim's man attire) many spectators agreed he should remove it if he really wanted the job!

Almaas

^The program is so interesting! I saw another clip of the series with a different scenario. Amazing to see how people actually respond.

I remember watching the short version of this a couple years ago after I first became Muslim. When I shared it with my mother, her husband got very outraged. It was odd, in the version I saw the man who they followed out to his car ("You're not American!") didn't have his face blurred then.

That's just the particular version I posted, the clip I saw originally wasn't blurred either. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jnfg9i4IsE)

Almaas

^Oh mannn, missed your original comment. :/

I've seen some of the other clips, I wish they'd do this in Britain,would be soo interesting.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
I watched this vid before....I can tell you that most Americans are not that ignorent! most are very respectful and kind and very very open to other people ! of course like most people around the world, there are some ignorant Americans who have nothing but hatred, however, I can assure you that MOST Americans are decent and loving!

I have shared this video with my anthropology class last year and the majority of the class were Americans (white). They were as shocked, as disgusted as I was ! so, I think all I am saying is that dont let these few people in this video make you hate Americans.....and lets not generalise :)

oh there is also another one on African Americans....one on uhm Latinos (if that offends some people please forgive me I didnt mean to offend) and all were very intersting, we had a long discussion about discrimination and racism in America. We still wondered when it'll all end. Hopefully pretty SOON ! insha'Allaah :D

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We all know I have a lot of mouth.

First..by my mere demeanor this would not happen. I am a serious God-fearing woman. When I walk into any business establishment you will serve me. People are very kind and polite.
Whenever I leave a place I always thank the employee and somehow in the conversation the God word slips in at least three or four times. I end the conversation by wishing God's reward on them.

But, this is simply because I happen to be on the other side of fifty.