Whats the point???!!!

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

This is going to be long but I hope my words are not just vain talks but that of benefits, bi ithnillah.

1. It was very nice to see the beautiful discussion between Sister Shahnazz and Sister Isra, Mashaa Allaah. Jazaakumma Allahu khaayr. And also to the other brothers and sisters, Barakaa Allaahu feekum.

2. Yes, it is Ramadhaan now and we're trying our best to make use of our time to the fullest with Ibadaah but it doesn't mean we have to postpone discussions until the end of Ramadhaan. Discussions that can bring us closer to Allaah and even increase our Shukoor (gratefulness) to Him for everything is as much important as seeking knowledge, inshaa Allaah.

3. Sister Isra, I second with what Sister Shahnazz has said. And yes, people who fast but doesn't pray; people who wear hijaab with tight clothes are not something new in Muslims country. The reasons such thing to happened has been told by the members. Another reason on why people (when I said people, it does not mean everyone but only SOME) fasts but they don't pray is because here, those who openly eats during Ramadhaan i.e going to a restaurant during the day or simply eat in front of other people in public will be *fined* for a few hundreds dollars. But those who do not pray; we don't have such rulings here. Ironic, it is.

This actually reminds me of this ayaat:

"And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is DIFFICULT except for the humbly submissive [to Allah]" Al-Baqarah,2:45

Apart from the wise suggestions above, how can we help our beloved brothers and sisters in Islam to acknowledge how lucky they are to be Muslims is by showing example from our own behaviors. Let's say for example, we invite the people who we know are fasting but not praying to come over for Iftaar (breaking of the fast) at our house, so that we can pray Maghrib in congregation right after we eat our light meals. That way, whether they want it or not, they HAVE to pray alongside with us eventhough they may not pray at their home. As they say, when it comes to Ibaadah, AT FIRST we need to be force to do so in order to create feelings of Ikhlaas IN THE END.

After the Maghrib prayer and finished with Iftaar, we can have a very brief tazkiraah (reminders or as we say it, a brief lecture) on the rulings of those who fasts but do not pray. During that time, we can emphasize on how the deeds of those who fasts but do not pray will not be counted by Allaah. [Refer to BrotherinIslam7 posted link]. It is as if doing something for nothing. As we pass along the ilm' to them, whether or not they'll change afterwards, the hidaayah is upon Allaah. Our job is simply to give the message and pray that Allaah will guide them.

So, just to answer your question "Whats the point?"; there's actually no point doing it.

While we try to our best to please Allaah in this blessed month of Ramadhaan, we should not forget our brothers and sisters in Islaam who need as much daawah as those who barely know/heard of Islaam. So that in the end, if we are granted with Jannah (with the Mercies of Allaah, only with His Mercies we'll enter Jannah), we are going there not just alone, but with the people we love and the Ummah of Muhammad :saw:. Ameen.

Wa'alaaykummusalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam walaikum,

The most important thing we can do is to assess ourselves before we can consider what someone else is lacking.
Allah has guaranteed us guidance. There are times when we need to seek the guidance available. Did not the Holy Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, seek solitude.
Allah had decreed this month be our jihad. Our individual journey to seek a more intimate relationship with Him.
We have a choice do we concentrate on what others are lacking or do we strive to Please Allah, so on Judgment Day we are not lacking.

We need to embrace our sisters and brothers. We are Muslims on a Path. The stronger ones need to be compassionate.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Apart from the wise suggestions above, how can we help our beloved brothers and sisters in Islam to acknowledge how lucky they are to be Muslims is by showing example from our own behaviors. Let's say for example, we invite the people who we know are fasting but not praying to come over for Iftaar (breaking of the fast) at our house, so that we can pray Maghrib in congregation right after we eat our light meals. That way, whether they want it or not, they HAVE to pray alongside with us eventhough they may not pray at their home. As they say, when it comes to Ibaadah, AT FIRST we need to be force to do so in order to create feelings of Ikhlaas IN THE END.

After the Maghrib prayer and finished with Iftaar, we can have a very brief tazkiraah (reminders or as we say it, a brief lecture) on the rulings of those who fasts but do not pray. During that time, we can emphasize on how the deeds of those who fasts but do not pray will not be counted by Allaah. [Refer to BrotherinIslam7 posted link]. It is as if doing something for nothing. As we pass along the ilm' to them, whether or not they'll change afterwards, the hidaayah is upon Allaah. Our job is simply to give the message and pray that Allaah will guide them.

So, just to answer your question "Whats the point?"; there's actually no point doing it.

While we try to our best to please Allaah in this blessed month of Ramadhaan, we should not forget our brothers and sisters in Islaam who need as much daawah as those who barely know/heard of Islaam. So that in the end, if we are granted with Jannah (with the Mercies of Allaah, only with His Mercies we'll enter Jannah), we are going there not just alone, but with the people we love and the Ummah of Muhammad :saw:. Ameen.

Wa'alaaykummusalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Wa alaikome salam

Sister Jazakallah khairan for such a thoughtful and beneficial post! I totally appreciate your advice and believe that what you advise could actually make a difference! May Allah reward you dear sister for your time and the patience you took with your response! Ameen

wa salam

Isra

aka Tree2008
Asalaam walaikum,

The most important thing we can do is to assess ourselves before we can consider what someone else is lacking.
Allah has guaranteed us guidance. There are times when we need to seek the guidance available. Did not the Holy Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, seek solitude.
Allah had decreed this month be our jihad. Our individual journey to seek a more intimate relationship with Him.
We have a choice do we concentrate on what others are lacking or do we strive to Please Allah, so on Judgment Day we are not lacking.

We need to embrace our sisters and brothers. We are Muslims on a Path. The stronger ones need to be compassionate.

Wa alaikome salam

Oh sister isnt that horse getting tired yet??? :lol:

Before you take offence I am just teasing you so please take a deep breath and smileeeeee :SMILY149:

Even during Ramadan our concerns or questions should be met and this is a post with my concern over my brothers and sisters not just here in Morocco but all over the world. I wish I could do more than just make dua (which is not something I do lightly by the way) but unfortunately even with sisters Aisya al-Humaira and ShahnazZ wonderful suggestions I am not able to speak to the people here due to a language barrier. I really dont think they would listen even if I could but at least I would try!

We as Muslims must always think of our brothers and sisters and what we can do to help them. I think that is a form of worshipping our lord as well dont you?

Inshallah your fasting is going well dear sister. Please give the horse a rest for awhile :lol: :lol: :lol:

wa salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I will give the horse a rest and get a camel. You can see more.

Sisters...slow it down..slow it down..

Do not become holier than thou. Abu Bakar used to weep.

This is Ramadan..we ask Allah to forgive us...unless you are perfect slow it down.

Change the focus from external to internal. Like Jesus said why look at the mote in someone's eye when there is a log in yours.

I don't think you can carry a fatawa on the Day of Judgment.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalaam walaikum,

I will give the horse a rest and get a camel. You can see more.

Sisters...slow it down..slow it down..

Do not become holier than thou. Abu Bakar used to weep.

This is Ramadan..we ask Allah to forgive us...unless you are perfect slow it down.

Change the focus from external to internal. Like Jesus said why look at the mote in someone's eye when there is a log in yours.

I don't think you can carry a fatawa on the Day of Judgment.

Wa alaikome salam

Im too weak with hunger to reply at the moment. Maybe later inshallah. :confused:

wa salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Let us concentrate on what Allah loves us to do. Great thread on this running concurrently.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalaam walaikum,

Let us concentrate on what Allah loves us to do. Great thread on this running concurrently.

Wa alaikome salam

Yeah youre probably right besides BrotherInIslam7 already answered my question so there is no need to go any further.

I lost my train of thought on this topic anyway! Since there is another thread running no need to continue this one!

wa salam