When did you start wearing the hijab/niqab?

-HappyMuslimah-

Assalamu alaikum sisters! I was just wondering at what age you wore the hijab/niqab? I started wearing the hijab two weeks after I became a Muslim and Alhamdulillah I love it! I haven't worn the niqab yet but :inshallah: I will!

yasak80

Esselamu aleykum sister,

Mashaallah Mashallahhh....:hijabi:

So for how many years you re wearing hijab?

I start to wear hijab at the age 29! It is 2 and a half year elhamdulliah....

deen_islam_4ever

deen_islam_4every1
i started wearing hijab when i was 7 years old when i was 8 i started wearing abayah, and when i was 13 i started niqab ALHAMDULILLAH

-HappyMuslimah-

Esselamu aleykum sister,

Mashaallah Mashallahhh....:hijabi:

So for how many years you re wearing hijab?

I start to wear hijab at the age 29! It is 2 and a half year elhamdulliah....
Thank you! It has been a bit over a year Alhamdulillah since I started wearing hijab. And Masha'Allah to you too! :hijabi:

esperanza

revert of many years
Masha'Allah Masha'Allah sister!! What is the difference between the burqa and abaya? I googled up images of both but I can't spot the difference.

AN ABAYA IS MORE LIKE A CLOAK COVERING ALL THE BODY,AS YOU SEEIN GULF AND OTHER ARAB COUNTRIES

A BURKHA COVERS THE WHOLE BODY FROM HEAD TO TOE...AS SEEN IN AFGHANISTAN

esperanza

revert of many years
hijab

ihave been wearing hijab since im 23 ,two years after beoming muslim,,,it was easier for me as isoon came to live in an islamic country

esperanza

revert of many years
islamic countries??/

What's it like in an Islamic country? I never hear anything good about Islamic countries.

why ..what have you heard about islamic countries

at least we have mosques on every ccorner hear adhan five times a day...]
an wear hijab or niqab freely,,,have no pubs discos half dressed women ...
so whats so bad???

-HappyMuslimah-

why ..what have you heard about islamic countries

at least we have mosques on every ccorner hear adhan five times a day...]
an wear hijab or niqab freely,,,have no pubs discos half dressed women ...
so whats so bad???
Oh no, I don't think anything bad about Islamic countries. I have met some wonderful Muslims (men and women) who come from Islamic countries. I was just wondering if a white girl would be accepted in an Islamic country.

esperanza

revert of many years
Oh no, I don't think anything bad about Islamic countries. I have met some wonderful Muslims (men and women) who come from Islamic countries. I was just wondering if a white girl would be accepted in an Islamic country.

yes idont see why not,,,,it depends on the country the culture but rember you have good and bad everywhere

hana*

:salam2:

i wore it at the age of 11. alhamdulilah, guidance to the light of islam is the greatest blessing of all!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister, Islam is beyond race and color. A white girl if she believes is a sister.

But, you now enter a world where we have to accept the role of women in Islam. The role of a woman in Islam is not the same as that in the duyna. It takes time to understand the radical change in outlook.

I was a bigtime feminist. It was my generation that got us the jobs etc. We fought for women's rights... I look back at those years as a joke...seriously.

What Allah suhanna wa taala has decreed for us is better.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Maashaa'Allaah!

But this would've been a much better thread in the sisters section..=)

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Maashaa'Allaah!

But this would've been a much better thread in the sisters section..=)

and better not to disclose these things, because by any chance, someone may get a low profile about someone, because some one may be still struggling to wear it or something else.......

just an opinion, i hope it's okay if a brother replies

BarakAllahu feekum sisters
may Allah protect you all and grant you Jannah

wassalam alaykum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Thank you brother and sister. It is better to move this to the Sisters section. And for the newer members please request membership by PM (ing) a moderator.

Al-bint

Smile! It's Sunnah!
salaam alaikum!

i started wearing hijab at the age of 15 alhamdulillah. though it was quite late but still better late than never :)

wasalaam.