When you are called a fool for following Islam

Asiya-sparkles

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

A time will also come upon people that a person will find himself in such a position and under such circumstances that he either allows himself to be branded as a fool or he joins the prevailing evils. Should a person find himself in such a situation, then it is better for him to be branded as a fool, rather than participate in evil.

The Prophet (pbuh) was asked: O Messenger of God (pbuh), will ruin and destruction come upon us even if there are pious servants of God living amongst us?" "Yes", replied the Prophet (pbuh), When the evil of sins spreads

Verily God does punish everyone because of the actions of some, when they see evil and whilst being able to forbid it they do not do so. When this occurs, God punishes everyone.Mustadrak al-Hakim (not 100% sure about that though as I didn't find it there myself, so please run a personal check)

I do not know if this is in the right area, but in a world where clinging to the sunnah is challenged even sometimes by our brothers and sisters, ma'shAllah, I thought this a very nice wisdom.

Assalam alaikom wa rahma tullah wa burrahktohu

slave_of_Allah

You spoke what was in my heart. It makes me think what the world will be like in a couple of years time.

It's hard to practice your deen now because people think you are extreme. And these people are our brothers and sisters in Islam. It hurts so much. But alhamduillah Allah is with us all the time, so we should fear not, and remember Allah.

Don't forget you are not walking alone - Allah is with you all the way!

(can i just add, can you please provide reference for this hadith you gave us) I pray Allah rewards you with jannah tul firdos, and has mercy on your soul. Aameen.

Asiya-sparkles

Assalamu alaikom wa Rahmatullah wa burrahktohu,

Jazak alak khairun for the kind words and reminder for hadith source, inshAllah I will go back and obtain it (I was posting in the early hours...)

Fi amanillah

(used now to being called extreme) :D

"I pray Allah rewards you with jannah tul firdos, and has mercy on your soul. Aameen."
And this blessing upon you too. Ameen

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam Ukhti,

JazakAllah khair for those hadiths! I am pretty sure brothers and sisters who are feeling like a 'fool' would feel much better insyaAllah. I rather be branded a fool in this world than the Hereafter!

Asha

slave_of_Allah

Wa'alikum aslaam Asiya - sparkles.

Your welcome my dear sister. Lol, i can see you wrote your post very early in the morning 3.00 a.m (i was fast asleep at that time!). It our duty to remind each other, and make du'a for one another.

Jazka'Allah khair for uploading your post - it was very meaningful.

slave_of_Allah

Salaam Ukhti,

JazakAllah khair for those hadiths! I am pretty sure brothers and sisters who are feeling like a 'fool' would feel much better insyaAllah. I rather be branded a fool in this world than the Hereafter!

Asha

Well said Asha88, you are right. I would rather be a fool in this world, than be one in the hereafter. I pray Allah saves us from the torment of the grave and the flames of hell fire. Aameen.

salek

Mah Allah grant you barakah in your life and hereafter

Assalamu alaikom wa Rahmatullah wa burrahktohu,

Jazak alak khairun for the kind words and reminder for hadith source, inshAllah I will go back and obtain it (I was posting in the early hours...)

Fi amanillah

(used now to being called extreme) :D

"I pray Allah rewards you with jannah tul firdos, and has mercy on your soul. Aameen."
And this blessing upon you too. Ameen

jajakallahu khairan sister for this nice hadith. it's a great teaching for me. what is the percentage of the muslims who are following true islam? we are giving importance to this world only. there are born muslims everywhre, most of them are non practicing muslims, sometimes secular. if we try to practise islam on the way of sunnah, they call us fool. that's the reality. but we shouldn't be disheartened by this. we have to follow the way of our deen even though we are small in number, and try to make dawah to our secular and non practicing muslims who often acts like enemy to us.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr

Assalam aleikum,

Barakallaah feek uktii, allow me to remind us of this ayaat which is relevent to the point you mentionned..

'Wa `Ibādu Ar-Raĥmāni Al-Ladhīna Yamshūna `Alá Al-'Arđi Hawnāan Wa 'Idhā Khāţabahumu Al-Jāhilūna Qālū Salāmāan '

Allaah swt says: 'And the slaves of the Most Gracious are those who walk humbly on the earth and when the ignorant speak to them a bad word they reply: peace'

May our model be our prophet :saw:

Asiya-sparkles

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

A time will come on people when a person will be given a choice between incapacity and corruption. If that time falls upon you, then choose incapacity over corruption [Ahmed, al Hakim]

Imam Al-Suyooti explains this Hadith saying: "... That is, he will be given the choice between being incapable, sidelined and oppressed; and between stepping out of the obedience of God. He must choose incapacity, by obligation, over disobedience because the protection of this Deen has the compulsory priority... Those who are given the choice, at that time, between incapacity and corruption are the leaders and those who are charged authority over the people."

Asiya-sparkles

Malik related to me that he had heard that Umm Salama, the wife of the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, said, "Messenger of God! Shall we be destroyed while there are people who are pious among us?" The Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace, said, "Yes, if there is much wickedness." [Malik]

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

"The first failing to enter the Children of Isra'il was that a man would meet another man and say, 'O so and so! Fear God and stop what you are doing. It is not lawful for you,' Then he would meet him again the following day and find him still doing the same thing but that would not prevent him from eating, drinking and sitting with him. When they did this, God caused the hearts of some of them to be tainted by others. Then He said, "Those among the Tribe of Israel who rejected were cursed on the tongue of Dawud and that of 'Isa, son of Maryam. That is because they rebelled and overstepped the limits. They would not restrain one another from any of the wrong things that they did. How evil were the things they used to do! You see many of them taking the unbelievers as their friends. What their lower selves have advanced for them is evil indeed" to "deviators" (5:78-81) Then he said, "No, by God, you should command the right and forbid the wrong and you should restrain the unjust and bend them to the truth and confine them to the truth or God will cause the hearts of some of you to be tainted by others. And then He will curse you as He cursed them.'" (Abu Dawud and at-Tirmidhi]

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

'If people see an unjust person, and do not restrain him, God is very likely to seize them with retribution from Him.'" [Abu Dawud and at-Tirmidhi]

Asiya-sparkles

salam alykum sister , may Allah taala reawrd you for this knowledge that you share with your brothers and sisters .

Assalam alaikom wa rahma tullah wa burrahktohu,

InshAllah I remind myself too and we are enjoined to share knowledge, this seems to be particularly relevant to us as an ummah today, May Allah open the way to making enjoining good & forbidding wrong' as strong in our worship as our salah & bless all who benefit from the reminder. Ameen.

Shukran for the encouragement
Jazak alak khairun wa barak Allah feekom
Fi amanillah :)

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
The messenger (sallalahu alayhi wasallam) said "Islam started as strange and will come back to strange" او كما قال .

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
And Shaytaan (Satan) will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, so you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allah (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the wrong-doers." (Qur'an: 14.22)

Let them called us "fool" for following Islam. After the judgement day, the shaitaan will make them a fool in its speech of the hell.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
JazakaAllah khairan for the Hadith:) mashaAllah, it's truely one that gives hope to those that think they are "out dated or DO not fit in" May Allah subhanahu wata'ala place us among those that are called "fools" for follwing His prophet and His way, may Allah subhanahu wata'ala forgive our sins, may Allah subhanau wata'ala protect us from the evil of this world, may Allah subhanahu wa'ala grant us jannah as a reward for pleasing Him in this worl. Alahoma Ameen, Alahoma Ameen,Alahoma Ameen
Allah hafiz NOW and Always:)

Amina 1

:salam2:

Jazaaki Allaahu Khayran Katheera
(may God recompense you with plenty of good).

Thank you so much it is very depressing when even my own husband tells me that I am to extreme. I am proud to be branded a fool:D

Asiya-sparkles

:salam2:

Jazaaki Allaahu Khayran Katheera
(may God recompense you with plenty of good).

Thank you so much it is very depressing when even my own husband tells me that I am to extreme. I am proud to be branded a fool:D

Assalamu alaikom wa rahma tullah wa burrahktohu,
My husband inspired this thread - in everything their is rizq! :D

Alhamdulillah for the lovely responses, Allah azza wa jal, I know that being so misunderstood and invited to simply wear 'muslim' as a label without depth is hurtful, so may Allah bless us all always with His wonderful reminders. Ameen.

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
JazakaAllah khairan for the Hadith:) mashaAllah, it's truely one that gives hope to those that think they are "out dated or DO not fit in" May Allah subhanahu wata'ala place us among those that are called "fools" for follwing His prophet and His way, may Allah subhanahu wata'ala forgive our sins, may Allah subhanau wata'ala protect us from the evil of this world, may Allah subhanahu wa'ala grant us jannah as a reward for pleasing Him in this worl. Alahoma Ameen, Alahoma Ameen,Alahoma Ameen
Allah hafiz NOW and Always:)

Allahuma aameen to your dua sister.