where do you prefer?

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
wa alaikum salaam

I read about 80% of replies and basically to each person is own. so what maybe right for you...is not rot for the next person. If you are looking for a Utopia give up....the only Utopia is Jannah and we have to wait for that. so list what is important. and maybe you figure out where u want to be.

abdellah007

wa alaikum salaam

I read about 80% of replies and basically to each person is own. so what maybe right for you...is not rot for the next person. If you are looking for a Utopia give up....the only Utopia is Jannah and we have to wait for that. so list what is important. and maybe you figure out where u want to be.

you are right, everyone has his point of view. As we are all here to learn fom each other, so i came to get some knowledge from my brothers and sisters experiences.

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah
:salam2:

In many cases reverts/converts dream about living in muslim country and muslims from muslim countries are dreaming of west as if it's paradise here.

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah
I am American. My husband is from Jordan. Before i met my husband, I thought the world was just a corrupt, loveless, selfish, dangerous and scary place. I was starting to think i was the only one left with a heart. All I saw around me was sex, violence, addictions, liars, cheaters, etc., and I was tired of it. I was giving up because I thought there was nothing left to hope for in this life. I don't know where I would be if I had not met him. I know that the morals I see in him are things I have never seen in anyone. I knew nothing about Islam or the middle east when I met him, but the moment I saw him I knew he was different. I believe it is because of the way AND place he was raised. He grew up in a kind muslim family in the middle east. Maybe there are issues there, but I would rather deal with them than the issues here. I would like to be in a place where people do not get murdered and raped everyday. I want to live in Jordan and raise my children there, because no matter what issues that country may have, I will chose those issues over the issues America faces ANY DAY. Everyday that I stay in America, I feel more and more ready to get out of here.

Masha'Allaah! May Allaah bless you and your family!

nazir

Asalaamu Alaykum,
I really have no valuable input to this; my thoughts are far from maturation on this point. However i do suggest, to myself firstly, to understand the concept of Hijrah thoroughly, so that our 'worldly aspirations' do not stain our intentions in migrating for the sake of Allah. Perhaps someone will kindly shed light on this; what are the matters to be taken account of for Hijrah (that is what the dear questioner is implying?)?

BarakAllah feek for bearing with me. And JazakhAllahu khairen brother Abdullah for sparking this interesting thread, may Allah make your decision easy, and correct.

Wassalaam

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
as long as you raise good kids and have a strong family..anywhere in the universe to me is good. seriously.

whitehijab

very interesting topic!! i never thought about it though :shymuslima1:
i just been thinking about how to raise my children, how to be the best wife to my husband and the ummi for my kids (even i'm not married yet hehe)

since that it's impossible for me to find home at any islamic country such as saudi, yemen, jordan etc, i think the islamic environment at home is what important. hv to prapare myself though :hijabi:

thanks to all brothers and sisters coz ur points of view help me to think, alhamdulillah :hearts:

:wasalam:
:muslim_child:

abdellah007

very interesting topic!! i never thought about it though :shymuslima1:
i just been thinking about how to raise my children, how to be the best wife to my husband and the ummi for my kids (even i'm not married yet hehe)

since that it's impossible for me to find home at any islamic country such as saudi, yemen, jordan etc, i think the islamic environment at home is what important. hv to prapare myself though :hijabi:

thanks to all brothers and sisters coz ur points of view help me to think, alhamdulillah :hearts:

:muslim_child:

jazaki ellah sister,

yes it is indeed an interesting topic, it s a decision that is hard to be taken,
may allah help us ameen.

shari

Brother

well brother and sister

Where i would like to raise my children (if InshAllah i have them) is out of question for me i am living in Pakistan right now and in near future i have no plan to leaving this country.

But as far as question regarding which place would be better. I am totally confused because Pakistan is am Islamic country and here i have seen whole lot of non-practicing Muslims. Even i don't rate myself a good Muslim ( May Allah makes me a good Muslims and give me strength to follow Islam in its true sense.)
And i have seen very practicing Muslims living in the west.

Well there is one advantage in living in Muslim country that we find Halal food everywhere.

well brother and sister

Where i would like to raise my children (if InshAllah i have them) is out of question for me i am living in Pakistan right now and in near future i have no plan to leaving this country.

But as far as question regarding which place would be better. I am totally confused because Pakistan is am Islamic country and here i have seen whole lot of non-practicing Muslims. Even i don't rate myself a good Muslim ( May Allah makes me a good Muslims and give me strength to follow Islam in its true sense.)
And i have seen very practicing Muslims living in the west.

Well there is one advantage in living in Muslim country that we find Halal food everywhere.
you are completely right, when I went to visit pakistan from the U.S. I realized that most of the muslims here in the west practice more than the people I saw in Pakistan. My family over there was amazed to see me praying 5 times a day, they were thinking I would be the complete opposite. And we can also find halal food everywhere here too now, here in California they have halal restaurants and grocery stores everywhere.

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah
So as you are from europe, is ur dream to go to an islamic country?

Yes, Makkah and Medina are in my dreams. But even there you have to know how to Islamically raise your kids. Though it's much more easier than in the west. Anywhere in this world you need to think of your family first and give your kids proper Islamic education. But environment is also very important.
Here children swear a lot, they are selfish and have no respect for the parents or closer relatives. When they are 15,16, very easily they can get independent, find a flat and do whatever haraam things you can think of.
No matter how muslim countries are corrupted, I think you cannot compare the family values which they still have much more than in west.
Plus it's much more nicer to give salaams in every corner.

wa salaam

bilalswife1983

I've been thinking about this issue a lot but I think that I would personally like to stay in the west. If I didn't already have children, I might have said otherwise but my family is here and I think it's important to have them in my childrens' lives. You can find nice Muslim communities and Islamic schools in the states. I read this article and thought this Muslima had an interesting outlook:

http://www.modernmuslima.com/realitychecks.htm

Idris16

WE CAN'T LIVE IN A KAFIR COUNTRY. THEY WILL JUST HANG OUT WITH FRIENDS WHO HAVE GONE ASTRAY. IT'S BETTER TO LIVE IN A MUSLIM COUNTRY. IT'S MANY SCHOOLS IN EUROPE WHO DOESN'T ALLOW TO PRAY. IN SWEDEN WE HAVE MUSIC CLASS AND I DON'T WANT TO BE THERE BUT I DON'T HAVE ANY CHOICE. INSHA ALLAH I'LL MOVE TO SAUDI,INDONESIA OR SOMALIA OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY.