Which heart is yours???

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
As-salaamu `alaykkum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

The Messenger of Allaah :saw2: said: "“In the body there is a piece of flesh which, if it is sound, the entire body will be sound, and if it is corrupt, the entire body will be corrupt. Indeed it is the heart.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 52; Muslim, 1599).

This is a hadeeth that many of us have come across many a times, yet we have failed to reflect upon it...

Indeed the words the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: are nothing but the truth

Ibn Rajab rahimahullaah mentions in his book Fath al Baari that the people are of three types:

1. The person whose body is sound and his inside is corrupt. This person is the Munaafiq
2. The person whose body is sound and his inside is sound, and this is the Mu'min
3. The person whose body is corrupt and his inside is corrupt and this is the kaafir

On the authority of Hudayfa radiAllaahu `anhu: The Messenger of Allaah :saw2: said: Fitn (trials, tribulations, deviant beliefs, false whims and desires etc) will be stuck onto a person's heart like the straw mat one after the other (i.e. when a person lies on a straw mat, it sticks onto his body one after the other and this is like fitn that when it enters the heart, one fitnah after the other enters the heart). So if any heart that allows this fitn to enter, will be marked with a black dot (as although it is dissolved into the person's heart), and any heart that denies it, a white dot will be marked on his heart. Until there will be two hearts, as for the heart that denied the fitn, then this heart will will be white. As for the other heart, that allowed the fitn to enter it, it will become like charcoal so any type of good that enters will not remain (like that of a cup that is upside down and water is being put into it, and no water will stay in it), and this person is no longer able to distinguish between truth and falsehood except that which is mixed with his desires. (Muslim) (The wordings in the brackets are from my notes, also translation of the hadeeth is probably not the best)

So thus it is important that we constantly check our hearts, for indeed it changes from time to time. Indeed, there is no one present among us except that he/she has a problem with his/her heart and is trying to fix it. It should be known that our hearts are exposed to flithy diseases, which if we allow to enter our hearts, will destroy it.

Ibn Qayyim rahimahullaah said: "Man consists of the mind of an angel, the lust of an animal, and the fancy of Shaytaan. One of them will prevail. If you could overcome your fancy and lust, you will be in a rank that is higher than an angel. And if your fancy and lust beat you, you will be in a rank that is less than a dog." [Al- Fawaa'id]

So let us turn back in the remembrance of Allaah Subhaanah, as this is where the hearts find rest. Indeed it is the remembrance of Allaah that has lead to the righteous people abandoning their sleep, and thus finding sweetness in their Qiyaam, rukoo` and Sujood.

I recommend every one to watch the following video

[yt]drNV02inzHI[/yt]

Wa salaamu `alaykkum

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum
subhanaAllaah....I have not viewed the video yet but inshaAllaah will... but the thread itself is worth reading! subhanaAllaah. May Allaah purify our hearts!ameen
I love Ibn Qayyim qoutes...mashaAllaah tabarakaAllaaah. Its soo true by the way, that each of us is fighting their own battle to overcome desires. May Allaah make it easy for us.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum
subhanaAllaah....I have not viewed the video yet but inshaAllaah will... but the thread itself is worth reading! subhanaAllaah. May Allaah purify our hearts!ameen
I love Ibn Qayyim qoutes...mashaAllaah tabarakaAllaaah. Its soo true by the way, that each of us is fighting their own battle to overcome desires. May Allaah make it easy for us.

Just finished veiwing the video.....subhanaAllaah! its really beautiful. I mean REALLLLYYY beautiful. jazakaAllaah khair for sharing.
What is the name of the Shaikh with the white beard? who is mostly talking on the video? subhanaAllaah I think he really has a way of capturing the attention of his audience mashaAllaah tabarakaAllaah!

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

Just finished veiwing the video.....subhanaAllaah! its really beautiful. I mean REALLLLYYY beautiful. jazakaAllaah khair for sharing.
What is the name of the Shaikh with the white beard? who is mostly talking on the video? subhanaAllaah I think he really has a way of capturing the attention of his audience mashaAllaah tabarakaAllaah!

Shaykh Muhammed Hussain Ya`qoob

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Just a point worthy of mention: Regarding the saying of Allaah Subhaanah: The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, their hearts become fearful, and when His verses are recited to them, it increases them in faith; and upon their Lord they rely [Soorah al-Anfaal, Verse: 2]

Our teacher mentioned to us in of the lessons that does our hearts fall in that category? Do our hearts become fearful when we hear the words of Allaah or even when Allaah is mentioned to us?

Indeed there is something wrong with the heart that doesnt become fearful nor does it increase in faith when the words of Allaah are recited. Indeed this is a heart that requires major amendment.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Shaykh Muhammed Hussain Ya`qoob

ohh...yea jazakaAllaah khair! I am going to search for more of his lectures. May Allaah reward you for sharing. ameen
^ concerning your last post....I think you got a point there, may Allaah help us.ameen
jazakaAllaah khair,

Kakorot

Shahr Bin Hawshab said: I asked Umm Salamah Radhi Allaahu 'Anha what was the du'aa that Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu 'Alayhi Wa Sallam used to make the most when he (Sallallaahu 'Alayhi Wa Sallam) was by her.

She said: The du'aa he (Sallallaahu 'Alayhi Wa Sallam) used to make the most was: Yaa Muqallibal Quloob Thabbit Qalbee 'alaa Deenik…..

(At-Tirmidhi)

يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِى عَلَى دِينِكَ

Yaa Muqallibal Quloob Thabbit Qalbee 'alaa Deenik.

Oh turner of hearts, make my heart firm upon Your religion.

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Jazakallah khair for sharing.

Have you any other videos of these shuyukh you can post? THe long white beard and the long black beard, them two jazakallah

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

Have you any other videos of these shuyukh you can post? THe long white beard and the long black beard, them two jazakallah

Wa iyyak. Yup there are a few...

[yt]v3SZwQwsJVM[/yt]

Maa shaa'Allaah the end is very nice

[yt]t9C2omOi9G0[/yt]

And one about smoking too...

[yt]Aj_id3KyYfU[/yt]

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Mashallah akhi..I enjoyed reading through the materials you posted and watch the lectures you included..this is one of the reminders which need to be present constantly for us..jazaka Allah every khair

Shaikh Mohammad Hassan (the man with the long black beard)..is very knowledgeable mashallah..he has a series (with English subtitles) about death..and the signs of Qiyama on youtube..which is incredibly informative and thorough!..you should look it up sister..it's lengthy..but trust me..once you get through it you will be glad you did! :)

As for Shaikh Mohammad Hussain Ya'aqoob (the man with the long white beard)..he's very good too..he has a series on the correct performance of prayer which is excellent and benefited me in so many ways at the time I watched it ..his lectures are always interactive so you can't go wrong with watching him mashallah

:wasalam:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

As for Shaikh Mohammad Hussain Ya'aqoob (the man with the long white beard)..he's very good too..he has a series on the correct performance of prayer which is excellent and benefited me in so many ways at the time I watched it ..his lectures are always interactive so you can't go wrong with watching him mashallah

Do you know if the series on performing prayers has English subtitles ?

BarakAllahu Feeki.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Do you know if the series on performing prayers has English subtitles ?

BarakAllahu Feeki.

I found it akhi..sadly it doesn't have subtitles..but I'll include a link to the first part of the series..perhaps someone will benefit from it and go on to watch the rest of it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kahgsMbMdas&feature=related

P.S. I apologize to you brother thariq2005 if I am taking your thread all over the place..I just don't know if it's convenient to create an entire thread for a quick inquiry so I am answering it here..Inshallah you do not mind what I am doing..

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
this is one of the reminders which need to be present constantly for us

Wa iyyaak

Our teacher mentions this very often, and he mostly does a "heart softeners" book at the end of the day in his lessons, due to this reason. He mentioned that there are many people who attribute themselves to the correct `aqeedah, when in fact they have not understood `aqeedah. Like for example a person says "You should place complete trust in Allaah and this is from completing one's tawheed", yet he fails to have acted upon his belief, because if he did act upon what his tongue claims then there will be nothing he would worry about in terms of this dunya, and he would leave everything in the hands of Allaah, and how many are those who affiliate themselves to those people who have understood Tawheed Asmaa wal sifaat? Yet their actions seem to contradict their beliefs. And how many of us, when afflicted with trials, we fail to turn back to Allaah? And how many of us, when Allaah afflicts us with harm, we turn away from Allaah and end up in sins?

And all this comes down to the diseases of the heart, indeed it is this heart, if it is sound, then the entire body is sound.

Our 'Ustaadh also mentioned many of the people who affiliate themselves to the correct `aqeedah and the sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: are the ones whose hearts are indeed rock hard. And you see these sort of people to be from those who are harsh towards the believers, lacking in adaab, even showing baraa' towards the believers (if not in the apparent, then atleast in their hearts; due to jealousy) etc.

So he mentioned that a person who is new to islaam, he should be taught about Tawheed, and at the same time be reminded about Eemaan based things (like the aakhira, death, jahannam, jannah etc) and this is from the ways of building Eemaan in a person's heart, bi idhnillaah. And this was the way of the Messenger of Allaah :saw2:. He even mentioned that the students of knowledge, are in need of such heart softeners, as the knowledge they gain might increase them in kibr and `ujb (thinking high of one's self). And indeed these two are from the greatest disease of the heart

Ibn Qayyim rahimahullaah said: The diseases of the heart are greater than drinking alcohol, zinaa' and running away from the battlefield on the day of a battle (this is from the seven destroyers).