Which heart is yours???

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
P.S. I apologize to you brother thariq2005 if I am taking your thread all over the place..I just don't know if it's convenient to create an entire thread for a quick inquiry so I am answering it here..Inshallah you do not mind what I am doing..

:wasalam:

Please feel free to share more related videos or posts, so that it may benefit all of us

Jazakillaah khairaa

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Wa iyyaak

Our teacher mentions this very often, and he mostly does a "heart softeners" book at the end of the day in his lessons, due to this reason. He mentioned that there are many people who attribute themselves to the correct `aqeedah, when in fact they have not understood `aqeedah. Like for example a person says "You should place complete trust in Allaah and this is from completing one's tawheed", yet he fails to have acted upon his belief, because if he did act upon what his tongue claims then there will be nothing he would worry about in terms of this dunya, and he would leave everything in the hands of Allaah, and how many are those who affiliate themselves to those people who have understood Tawheed Asmaa wal sifaat? Yet their actions seem to contradict their beliefs. And how many of us, when afflicted with trials, we fail to turn back to Allaah? And how many of us, when Allaah afflicts us with harm, we turn away from Allaah and end up in sins?

And all this comes down to the diseases of the heart, indeed it is this heart, if it is sound, then the entire body is sound.

Our 'Ustaadh also mentioned many of the people who affiliate themselves to the correct `aqeedah and the sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: are the ones whose hearts are indeed rock hard. And you see these sort of people to be from those who are harsh towards the believers, lacking in adaab, even showing baraa' towards the believers (if not in the apparent, then atleast in their hearts; due to jealousy) etc.

So he mentioned that a person who is new to islaam, he should be taught about Tawheed, and at the same time be reminded about Eemaan based things (like the aakhira, death, jahannam, jannah etc) and this is from the ways of building Eemaan in a person's heart, bi idhnillaah. And this was the way of the Messenger of Allaah :saw2:. He even mentioned that the students of knowledge, are in need of such heart softeners, as the knowledge they gain might increase them in kibr and `ujb (thinking high of one's self). And indeed these two are from the greatest disease of the heart

Ibn Qayyim rahimahullaah said: The diseases of the heart are greater than drinking alcohol, zinaa' and running away from the battlefield on the day of a battle (this is from the seven destroyers).

Sobhanallah!!!...my teacher does the exact thing at the end of every lesson as well..he leaves 15 minutes after every class during which he mentions to us a lesson in adaab and/or "heart-softeners"..and he warns us every time about getting so indulged in learning the academic principles that we forget to pay attention to our hearts..thus allowing them to harden..in-fact..he encouraged us to find another person with sound knowledge with whom we can gain knowledge *solely* for softening the heart..so we may balance what we earn in knowledge..he even shared with us a story about Imam Al-Shafe'ee (rahimahuallah) to support his perspective..he said..after ever lesson Imam Al-Shafe'ee would tell his students "go to so and so and study with him"..and his students would say "but *you* are our teacher"..he would say.."no..I teach you the principles and the fundamentals..you need to soften your hearts..go study with so and so"...I was amazed when I heard that story and have been trying to maintain this matter as much as I can alhamdulillah..and I only ask Allah that I succeed at that because it's as important as learning the 'aqeedah and the other principles of shari'a for the reasons you kindly listed..

And really..I think it's a pleasant coincidence that your teacher and my teacher use a similar strategy in teaching though..sobhanallah..

Please feel free to share more related videos or posts, so that it may benefit all of us

Jazakillaah khairaa

Inshallah akhi..if I find anything of benefit related to this topic I will include it here..

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!!

Alhamdulillah, Finally found time to watch the Videos:) I knew sheikh Mohammad Hassan, but Sheikh Muhammad Hussain was new to me- And They speak very well, May Alllaah swt bless them both.
JazakAllahu khayr brother for this beneicial post. I pray that Allah swt purifies our hearts and make us among those who(when taught something new)take it into practice.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
As Salaamu `alaykkum... An amazingly powerful reminder from Shaykh Muhammad al Mukhtar ash Shanqitee

[yt]QtHR4p5N0-4[/yt]

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Asalaamualaikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh,

Wallahi this is a reminder that i needed. We forget that in the end we will return to Allah and enjoy our lives without fear Subhanallah.

Abdul25

Logical Believer
:salam2:

indeed a powerful reminder by the respected shaikh every soul has to return to the Lord of the Worlds and give account of deeds..
JazakAllah khair brother for sharing this
we need such threads more and more..

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

indeed a powerful reminder by the respected shaikh every soul has to return to the Lord of the Worlds and give account of deeds..
JazakAllah khair brother for sharing this
we need such threads more and more..

Asalaamualaikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh,

Wallahi this is a reminder that i needed. We forget that in the end we will return to Allah and enjoy our lives without fear Subhanallah.

Wa `alaykkum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

BarakAllaahu feekum, Indeed we are in need of all these reminders, because it is from the way of Insaan that he forgets.

One of the things that help people increase in their eemaan, bi idhnillaah, is knowledge of meeting Allaah Subhaanah. The Messenger of Allaah :saw2: said: "Whoever loves to meet Allaah, Allaah will love to meet him, and whoever hates to meet Allaah, Allaah will hate to meet him." ‘Aa’ishah or one of his wives said: "But we all dislike the idea of death." He :saw2: said, "It is not what you are thinking. When death approaches the believer and he is given the news of Allaah’s pleasure and honour, nothing will be more dear to him than what lies ahead of him, so he will love to meet Allaah and Allaah will love to meet him. But when death approaches the disbeliever and he is given the news of Allaah’s wrath and punishment, nothing will be more disliked by him that what lies ahead of him, so he will hate to meet Allaah and Allaah will hate to meet him." (Saheeh al-Bukhaari, 6026).

Here is a great reminder regarding this topic...

[yt]KEnDe_23II4[/yt]

P.S Please feel free to post any heart softeners in this thread

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

A short video of a heart-moving story with a splendid moral..which I thought would fit into this thread..

[yt]Wp1kWBMzXHQ[/yt]

Abdul25

Logical Believer

A short video of a heart-moving story with a splendid moral..which I thought would fit into this thread..

[yt]Wp1kWBMzXHQ[/yt]

JazakAllah khayr sister a_muslimah86 for sharing such a wonderful story , subhanAllah , such a nice story..

one of my friends father had a problem in kidneys for years and he consulted many doctors but in vain then one day a brother told him to drink camel urine and milk for the cure and he drank it for one month and subhanAllah, the problem in kidneys that was there for years vanished in a month subhanAllah , such are the true words of our beloved prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

i dont know whether this story is in accordance with the topic or not i just felt sharing it as i became too emotional after watching this video :D

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

JazakAllah khayr sister a_muslimah86 for sharing such a wonderful story , subhanAllah , such a nice story..

one of my friends father had a problem in kidneys for years and he consulted many doctors but in vain then one day a brother told him to drink camel urine and milk for the cure and he drank it for one month and subhanAllah, the problem in kidneys that was there for years vanished in a month subhanAllah , such are the true words of our beloved prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

i dont know whether this story is in accordance with the topic or not i just felt sharing it as i became too emotional after watching this video :D

wa iyyaki dear sister!..the story is wonderful indeed..

And sobhanallah..your story is another example of how the Prophetic Medicine gathered from Rasulullah (salla Allaho 'alayhi wassalam) by scholars and scientists has elements which surpass our expectations..truly..stories of the kind you shared are further confirmations that he ('alayhi assalat wassalam) never spoke from whim or desire..but rather from divine revelation..as Allah attests for him ('alayhi assalat wassalam) in the Qura'an..when He (sobhanaho wa ta'ala) says:

"Nor does he speak of (his own) desire. It is only a Revelation revealed."
[An-Najm: 3-4]

Baraka Allaho feeki for sharing the story ukhti..I love to hear things of this sort..and I am sure the other brothers and sisters love them as well..

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

[yt]Wp1kWBMzXHQ[/yt]

Wa `alaykkum salaam wa rahmatullaah

Jazakillaah khairaa for the video, although I had watched it before, it was definitely a much needed reminder, at a time when my heart requires it.

I thought I might as well share another video, which I was watching yesterday, and thought it would be beneficial to all the brothers and sisters, in shaa'Allaah

[yt]mC0zwgXDkto[/yt]

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykkum, I thought I should bump this thread. I was just reading through the entire thread, so as to remind myself, and thus thought that I might as well remind others too.

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah

SUBHANALLAH!!!! This thread was sooooo useful to me
JAZAKALLAHU KHAIR for sharing:hearts:

FEE AMANILLAH

MusLiMah_Kubra

Hasbi-Allah

Jazakallah for this post & everyone's inputs...
Mashaallah very beneficial reminders & videos...it really moved me..a must read for everyone!

how sad that we are so engrossed in our worldly lives that we forget about the Meeting with Our Lord.. :(

Allah swt awaken our hearts to the light of Islam & forgive our sins, purify us & cause us to die among the righteous of His slaves AMEEN

Jazakallah everyone

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum,

I dont know if this video fits this thread....but I thought it teaches a lesson and I wanted to share. Hopefully we'll benefit from it insha'Allaah!!

[yt]xEaN4DOu9r4[/yt]

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykkum, I was just looking through this thread, and realized that there was a great video missing....

[yt]-fugf1DcNyc[/yt]

Idris16

Shaykh Muhammed Hussain Ya`qoob
SubhânAllâh, by only reading this name, then I knew it was a must to watch the video. Shaykh Hussain Ya'qûb does really move one, especially by how he speaks and not to forget his eyes.

Here's one lecture called 'Why don't you pray?' with Swedish subtitles. It was really good one. May Allâh reward the shaykh. This video is for those who understand Arabic and Swedish.

[yt]JKFGr8C-Xa8[/yt]