Why 6 days?

crescent2003

Brothers can i know why Allah has created the heavens and earth in 6 days while he is able to do things in "kun" statement...can anyone explain

Almeftah

Six Days?
The Qur'an states that "Allah created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, in six days" (7:54). While on the surface this might seem similar to the account related in the Bible, there are some important distinctions.

The verses that mention "six days" use the Arabic word "youm" (day). This word appears several other times in the Qur'an, each denoting a different measurement of time. In one case, the measure of a day is equated with 50,000 years (70:4), whereas another verse states that "a day in the sight of your Lord is like 1,000 years of your reckoning" (22:47). The word "youm" is thus understood, within the Qur'an, to be a long period of time -- an era or eon. Therefore, Muslims interpret the description of a "six day" creation as six distinct periods or eons. The length of these periods is not precisely defined, nor are the specific developments that took place during each period.

After completing the Creation, the Qur'an describes that Allah "settled Himself upon the Throne" (57:4) to oversee His work. A distinct point is made to counter the Biblical idea of a day of rest: "We created the heavens and the earth adn all that is between them in six days, nor did any sense of weariness touch Us" (50:38).

Allah is never "done" with His work, because the process of creation is ongoing. Each new child who is born, every seed that sprouts into a sapling, every new species that appears on earth, is part of the ongoing process of Allah's creation. "He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, then established Himself on the Throne. He knows what enters within the heart of the earth, and what comes forth out of it, what comes down from heaven, and what mounts up to it. And He is with you wherever you may be. And Allah sees well all that you do" (57:4).

for more: http://islam.about.com/od/creation/a/creation.htm

crescent2003

BoMeshary

I didnt asked that how many days did Allah took for creating heaven,earth and everything between,but my question is why did he took six days to create while he is able to do things in just one statement "kun".........

ProudMusulman

the same word which is used for days in the Quran also mean long periods
Allah is giving the scientific explanation

My Answer
if you are traveling as fast as the speed of light you are living in a different time then the time on the Earth
your question is illogical because, different places have different time
our one year if compare can be a really long period in the black hole

Almeftah

in Verses:54(FUSILAT:9-12);
(9. Say: Do you deny the one who created the earth in two days? And do you make others equal with Him? He is the Lord of all the worlds.
10. And He placed on it mountains, and blessed it and provided full measures there in four days. This is for those who ask questions.
11. Then He turned towards the heavens that was just smoke, and said to it and to the earth: Present yourselves, willingly or unwillingly, and both said: We come to You willingly.
12. And He made them seven heavens in two days and He revealed to each heaven its commands; and We decorated the lower heavens with lights, and protected it. This is the measure of the Honourable, the Knowledgeable).

Here, if you counted right, you'll find it was 8 days for creation, when in some other verses its 6 or 7, it is NOT nessecerly 6,7 or 8 days, The purpose was to show people the greatness of Allah, if he said 1 day it'll be much harder for none-muslims to accept it, becuz the main purpose of the Holy quran is to provide guidance and knowledge, and for us know our creator.

meila

He does not asked but we whom He asked

Assalamualaikum
Introduce i'm from indonesia, i'm glad to join this forum
and about the question, why Alloh created heaven and earth in six days,
well...i think we shouldn't ask it why. Let it be His Will.
He does not asked for what He done,but we whom He ask for what we've done.
Wallohu'alam.

crescent2003

MEILA

Am not asking about how many days did Allah took for creating brothers but my question is why he took so many days while he is able to do things just by saying kun.......understand my question please.....

And MEILA please dont tell that these type of questions should not be asked if u dont know then please listen to the answers..............

OsMaN_93

Here to help
salam alikom w.r.b
we have different time comparing with other places
i think 1 year on earth is equal to 1day in hell
plz correct me if im wrong
AND ALLAH KNOWS BEST

waslam

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum brother crescent2003!

I fully understood your question.
I will share my own understanding with you, which may not be necessarily correct.

First, if we stare at the word "KUN=BE" carefully, it does not denote time period, but the fact that HIS order gets fulfilled and there is no possibility of anything otherwise.

That is why it is followed by the words "FA YAKOON = THEN IT IS".
Again if you look at these two words, they do not show time period, but submission of events to the will of Allah or the result of "KUN".

Secondly, as brothers and sisters have been trying to explain: If the words "KUN FA YAKOON" denote AN INSTANT, then it may not be necessarily an instant in OUR measurement, but the measurement of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. Time and space is HIS creation and no amount of time is greater for HIM.

Thirdly, by mentioning "KUN FA YAKOON" Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala makes it clear that HE is able to do all things in any given amount of time IF HE WILLS. And he did not mention here "KUN FA YAKOON" that he creates everything in such manner.

Now back to the question, assuming that "KUN FA YAKOON" denotes time period:
Why did Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala creat heavens and earth in 6 days while he can do anything in an instant "suppose the instant that we are familiar with"?

The answer COULD be that: THERE IS WISDOM IN EVERYTHING HE DOES AND HOW HE DOES CERTAIN THINGS.

Allah knows best.
I ask for forgiveness for any mistakes from Allah and hope I helped.

Wassalam

Yousuf.

Assalamu alaikum brother crescent2003!

I fully understood your question.
I will share my own understanding with you, which may not be necessarily correct.

First, if we stare at the word "KUN=BE" carefully, it does not denote time period, but the fact that HIS order gets fulfilled and there is no possibility of anything otherwise.

That is why it is followed by the words "FA YAKOON = THEN IT IS".
Again if you look at these two words, they do not show time period, but submission of events to the will of Allah or the result of "KUN".

Secondly, as brothers and sisters have been trying to explain: If the words "KUN FA YAKOON" denote AN INSTANT, then it may not be necessarily an instant in OUR measurement, but the measurement of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. Time and space is HIS creation and no amount of time is greater for HIM.

Thirdly, by mentioning "KUN FA YAKOON" Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala makes it clear that HE is able to do all things in any given amount of time IF HE WILLS. And he did not mention here "KUN FA YAKOON" that he creates everything in such manner.

Now back to the question, assuming that "KUN FA YAKOON" denotes time period:
Why did Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala creat heavens and earth in 6 days while he can do anything in an instant "suppose the instant that we are familiar with"?

The answer COULD be that: THERE IS WISDOM IN EVERYTHING HE DOES AND HOW HE DOES CERTAIN THINGS.

Allah knows best.
I ask for forgiveness for any mistakes from Allah and hope I helped.

Wassalam

:salam2:
Finally crescent2003, someone answers your question.

:SMILY346:

rizzumd

Your brother
Assalamualaikum
Introduce i'm from indonesia, i'm glad to join this forum
and about the question, why Alloh created heaven and earth in six days,
well...i think we shouldn't ask it why. Let it be His Will.
Wallohu'alam.

:wasalam: sister.

Welcome to the forum.Hope you enjoy spending your time here.

rizzumd

Your brother
Wallohu'alam.

And MEILA please dont tell that these type of questions should not be asked if u dont know then please listen to the answers..............

I don't see any wrong in Meila's response.
Allah(s.w.t) himself says in the quran
“He [Allaah] cannot be questioned as to what He does, while they will be questioned”
[al-Anbiya’ 21:23]

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum

Am not asking about how many days did Allah took for creating brothers but my question is why he took so many days while he is able to do things just by saying kun.......understand my question please.....

Br. Alkathiri posted the similar thread with the answer. What I know, that the days were in order to show the graduality of events. That the earth didnt just come together in one instant but that there was planning and wisdom behind the creation and placement of every single thing.

Specifically here's the post with the answer: Islam QA - Why 6 days???

wasalam

crescent2003

Ya brother yousuf got some answers........but not satisfied.Because most of the guys have given it according to logic and science whereas everything in islam does not depend on logic and science.Since most of them depend on that they said that he cant be questioned for what he has done because they dont know.(Am not going against Quran).But since quran is book of hidayath for mankind.Everything it talks contains something informative,so thats the reason for asking a question,not asking the Allah y he created in six days........