Why are we divided?!!

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Brother, Islam came to reform and restore life matters. When Islam came, all life matters were coloured by the dye of Islam.....so how can we separate between them?!!

As Muslims we have aim in this life which is to call for the truth, which is the way of Allah, with wisdom and good preaching. To whome should we direct our call?? to non Muslim and to Muslim who deviated from that way. All Muslim sects were one Ummah and one sect who had the same faith and practised the same rituals. Ask yourself why we had divided and who got benefit from that shameful division that Allah and his messenger pbuh warned us from it.

We should ask ourselves why and how different sects emerged. Muslims in general are against division, we do not like to be divided. Then how did different sects came out? Leaders exploited our ignorance and lack of knowledge to achieve their real agenda of greed for wealth and power. To start a new sect or a new group, all you have to do is to study the characteristics of this group very well and then you give them what they want. Their characteristics define the leaders they need.

The leaders try to make their sect distinctively different from other sects, they feel they are distinguished.In the past leaders used customs and rituals to make their sects distinctively unique, they exploited religion to fulfill their greed for worldly gains- power and authority. They created customs and rituals that have nothing to do with Qur'an and Sunnah to keep their own different and distinguished identity and then to create their own world and separate us from our brothers and sisters. Each group has taken a part of Sunnah and rejected others totally, while other groups stick to other part of Sunnah and thought of other groups as wrong. Thus they succeeded to split and separate us making use of our ignorance.

Why don't we return to our pure and holy sources which is the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah of our prophet?? Why don't we reject and fight everything that is not in Qur'an and Sunnah and be one united Ummah again?? I think this great aim need us to make great effort to educate people and put them on the right way. The way of the prophet peace be on him.

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
:salam2:

Is it a far dream??

InshaAllah, I believe not; It is nearer than ever before. I think it's only a matter of time and patience, and that soon (thanks to the spread of knowledge over the internet) things will change. True leaders are, inshaAllah, standing up to give us the encouragement and direction that we need to return to the jama'ah of Rasoolu'Allah (SAWS) in the unity of Islam.

:wasalam:

abou haytam

Brother, Islam came to reform and restore life matters. When Islam came, all life matters were coloured by the dye of Islam.....so how can we separate between them?!!

As Muslims we have aim in this life which is to call for the truth, which is the way of Allah, with wisdom and good preaching. To whome should we direct our call?? to non Muslim and to Muslim who deviated from that way. All Muslim sects were one Ummah and one sect who had the same faith and practised the same rituals. Ask yourself why we had divided and who got benefit from that shameful division that Allah and his messenger pbuh warned us from it.

We should ask ourselves why and how different sects emerged. Muslims in general are against division, we do not like to be divided. Then how did different sects came out? Leaders exploited our ignorance and lack of knowledge to achieve their real agenda of greed for wealth and power. To start a new sect or a new group, all you have to do is to study the characteristics of this group very well and then you give them what they want. Their characteristics define the leaders they need.

The leaders try to make their sect distinctively different from other sects, they feel they are distinguished.In the past leaders used customs and rituals to make their sects distinctively unique, they exploited religion to fulfill their greed for worldly gains- power and authority. They created customs and rituals that have nothing to do with Qur'an and Sunnah to keep their own different and distinguished identity and then to create their own world and separate us from our brothers and sisters. Each group has taken a part of Sunnah and rejected others totally, while other groups stick to other part of Sunnah and thought of other groups as wrong. Thus they succeeded to split and separate us making use of our ignorance.

Why don't we return to our pure and holy sources which is the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah of our prophet?? Why don't we reject and fight everything that is not in Qur'an and Sunnah and be one united Ummah again?? I think this great aim need us to make great effort to educate people and put them on the right way. The way of the prophet peace be on him.

Salam o alikom

I agree with you for the reason you cited concerning " why we are divided ". Even in the prophet time there was "difference" in opinions but that time prophet (pbuh) decided the true opinion and the fulse one. So after Omar ibn alkhattab, the difference in opinions turn to divisions. THOSE making division are in general ignoranl people that follow blindly opinion of scholar and don t even try to seek truth. One of the 4 imams said : if a hadeeth is Saheeh (authentic ) it s my madhab. the 4 imam for exemple didn t have any intention to make division, they have opinions and invite us to reject their fatwa(opinions) if we find an authentic hadith or source that oppose their opinions. But ignorant people after them made division because they never try to seek the truth.

But still sister i have question;

you said in your first post : "If we examine, for example the reason of the division between Shia and Sunna, it will be easy to get that it was never a division in faith."

How can we unit between shia and sunnah? ( i hope you listen to the video of doctor bilal philips i posted befor)

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
The Qadariyyah were the first of the sects, their deviation being that they denied the Qadr of Allaah, explaining it to mean something other than what has been reported by the Imams of the Sunnah. The Khawaarij split away due to their carelessness in understanding the matters of Shari`ah saying that the Khulafaa commited kufr, hence makinge takfeer of them. The Shee`aa split away not being pleased with the Khilaafah of Aboo Bakr, `Umar and `Uthman, may Allaah reward them abundantly. The Jahmiyyah claimed that the Qur'aan is created, this is how they departed the Sunnah. The Mu`tazilah were formed after one of the students of Imam Al-Hasan Al-Basri, withdrew from his circles of knowledge and came about with his own deviant ideas. [check "A Glimpse at the Deviated Sects" and "Kun Salafeeyan Al-Jaadah(?)".]

The Imams of the Taabi`een who weren't affected by any of these creeds and others, they are the Imams of the Sunnah. They didn't resolve their issues with these sects by uniting with them did they? In fact they were harsh to their teachings. They warned against them, they wrote against them and they said that honoring them is to aid in the destruction of Islaam! ["Sharh us-Sunnah" or "Explanation of the Creed" of Imam Barbahaaree, any classical book on `Aqeedah will inshaa Allaah, prove this point.]

So Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal rahimahullah, in his time the Jahmee movement was rampant and wide-spread. Ahmad and his followers (who were many in number) didn't smile to the Jahmees and call upon unity. Rather Imam Ahmad defended the Sunnah with his life, rahimahullah. He never strayed or gave in to the persecution and he spoke to the ruler with manners. It came to a stage where Allah guided the Jahmee ruler (who was persecuting him) back to the Sunnah through Imam Ahmad! So the people of Ibn Hanbal's era were united upon what? The clear Sunnah, the correct creed. [Imam Al-Laalikaa`ee's "Sharh Al-I`tiqaad Ahl us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa`ah, any biography of Imam Ahmad such as Darussalams should do]

I repeat the statement of Maalik, rahimahullah who said that "the latter part of this Ummah will not be rectified except by that which rectified the first part" or something to this effect.

We study history to benefit from the lessons therein. And history tells us that this Ummah didn't achieve any success except that the people of truth were united and somewhat large in number; due to their da`wah and the fact that they guarded themselves from ahl ul-bid`ah and their teachings. As for the concept of divide and conquer/divide and rule, then alhamdulillaah when the banner of Jihaad has been raised in the past, this didn't post to be a big barrier as each person claiming to be from the sunnah knows the reward therein.

When the Muslims were fighting Hulagu Khan and the Crusaders (two battles in two different places), what caused them some (major) problems was the deception of a famous Shi`i, whose name and person is so disgraceful that I can't remember it, but when I do hear it, i come near to vommiting. Anyway, such a devious individual he was, that he deliberately made it easy for the Mongals to enter Baghdad (I think it was). After the Mongals massacered the people in totality, they alhamdulillah, killed the traitor to, giving him one of their infamous carpet deaths (1. throwing heaps of rugs over the suspect till suffocation. 2. wrapping the suspect in a carpet and kicking him to death).

Hasibah

Why am "I" divided from other Muslims?

Because I am tired of people acting like they are better than me.

I am tired of being a second class citizen in my Musjid.

I am tired of sitting in the back of the musjid in hiding by a partition.

I am tired of my opinion not mattering because I am a women.

I am tired of men making rules for me; (me=someone who has a education.)

I am tired of people looking down on me because I am a convert.

I am tired of people creating their own Fatwa's. (in my area)

I have many more but you get my point.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Young sister this has nothing to with women and partitions. We need them. I do not wish to pray with men. It preservers my dignity in worship.

Now, we need to revist our history. We need to appreciate our cultures, all of them. We need to remember this is a passage in life and not all of life..we have the afterlife.

We need to remain in touch with our elders and our youth. The Companions were a great example of youth and elders. We have the path..we just need to remain on it at all times and under all circumstances. None is better than the next ..we simply are Muslims.

We need to remain intellectual and passionate. We need to refocus on good deeds.

We have to become independent of the kuffir. By this we need to do simple things. Buy from Muslims and quit complaining it is expensive. If more people bought from Muslims the prices would go down. We need to be assertive and stop being ashamed of ourselves. We are not poster children..we are Muslims that are alive and kicking and screaming with life.

Hasibah

Salaam,

Young sister this has nothing to with women and partitions. We need them. I do not wish to pray with men. It preservers my dignity in worship.

Now, we need to revist our history. We need to appreciate our cultures, all of them. We need to remember this is a passage in life and not all of life..we have the afterlife.

We need to remain in touch with our elders and our youth. The Companions were a great example of youth and elders. We have the path..we just need to remain on it at all times and under all circumstances. None is better than the next ..we simply are Muslims.

We need to remain intellectual and passionate. We need to refocus on good deeds.

We have to become independent of the kuffir. By this we need to do simple things. Buy from Muslims and quit complaining it is expensive. If more people bought from Muslims the prices would go down. We need to be assertive and stop being ashamed of ourselves. We are not poster children..we are Muslims that are alive and kicking and screaming with life.
Salaam
I am not a "young" sister.
As for partitions ;I dont recall them mentioned in the Quran or by Muhammad PBUH.
As for reasons for being divided; their are many reasons. And I just listed "some" of mine.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Forgive me, but I call everyone young. I will not do it in the future.
Now, to get back on the topic, this is not about womens liberation. That is not Islam.
Women's opinions do count. Trust me..this is the only faith that allows women to count as 100% human beings. Please open a new post on womens liberation should you need to.
This topic is global. This topic is about the ummath. This is mandatory to discuss and we need to remain focused. This is beyond women and men..this is about our faith and how to remain strong as Muslims.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

either Muslims care about Islam and do their best to worship Allah properly and follow Quran and sunnah -- thus inshaAllah uniting with each other on what is right.

Or they choose to sell out their Deen and unite upon falsehood by overlooking and keeping silent on crucial matters such as our Tawheed and Aqeedah. Thus developing everything on a unsound foundation.

The Muhaddith, Al-Imaam, Ar-Rabbaani, Muhammad Naasir ud-Deen al-Albaani (رحمه الله) wrote:

The key to the return of the glory of Islaam is:

The application of beneficial knowledge and the establishment of righteous actions.

And it is a great matter that the Muslims will not achieve except by applying the methodology of tasfiyah (purification) and tarbiyah (cultivation).

And these two are extremely important obligations.

And what is meant by the first of these matters (Tasfiyah):
Firstly: The purification of the ‘aqeedah (creed) of Islaam from that which is foreign to it of shirk, denial of the attributes of Allaah and misinterpretation of them (ta’weel), and the rejection of authentic ahadeeth (by the people) because they are connected to ‘aqeedah and their like.

Secondly: The purification of the Fiqh (understanding) of Islaam from the incorrect ijtihaadaat (deductions of legal rulings) which oppose the Book and the Sunnah and the liberation of the mind from blind following and the darkness of fanaticism.

Thirdly: The purification of the books of tafseer (commentaries of the Qur’aan), fiqh (understanding), ar-Raqaiq (softening of the hearts), and other than them from the weak (da’eef), fabricated (maudoo’), Isra’eeliaat (from the doubtful sources of Ahl al-Kitaab), and abominations (munkaraat).

And as for the other obligation (Tarbiyah):
What is needed is the cultivation of the next generation (of Muslims) upon this Islaam which is purified from everything we have mentioned, giving them the correct Islaamic Tarbiyah (cultivation) from the beginning without having any influences from the Western indoctrination of kufr.

And there is no doubt that the realization of these two obligations, requires enormous cooperative effort with sincerity between all the Muslim groups and individuals, from those who are truly concerned in building the desired Islaamic society, each one working in their field and specialization.

--- We have a whole article section dedicated for this.

Ummah in Conflict
Articles relating to the Islamic Ummah. How and Why it is in Conflict. And How Islam, according to the Quran and Sunnah is the only answer for Muslims.

Wasalam.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best

:salam2:
I get some of what you are saying sister, SOME people tend to treat converts like they have no buisness being Muslim and they think they are better than us and we are nothing. even though Islam is for everyone not Just people in the middle east. But that;s when they choose culture over religion, and that unfortunately divides Muslims. This attitude is very common in the area I used to live in ( I might have to go back there too) so I completely understand
:wasalam:

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

I am tired of sitting in the back of the musjid in hiding by a partition.

Dear sister, Hasibah

First let me welcome you as this is the first time I meet you here. Sister, you can not imagine how much we love nd respect converts. Those very lucky people have experienced a wonderful journey to Allah and enjoyed moving from the darkness of ignorance to the Light of the Trurh. How then can you call yourself a second class citizen?!!

Sister, I'm sure that you are looking forward to the unity of this Ummah just like all Muslims. This thread was posted to spread knowledge about the real causes of our division. Spreading authentic kowledge is the first major step to achieve unity inshaa Allah. Only ignorance and lack of authentic knowledge about Islam can widen the gap among us and increase your and our tiredness.

After acquiring knowledge, here it comes our duty to call our brothers and sisters to gather under the banner of one true Islam to be one united Ummah again. In our call we should adhere to our God's words which is to call for His way with wisdom and good preaching. Wisdom and good preaching have the influence of magic on hearts. They soften the rock and make your enemies appear as if they are your intimate friends. We should stop accusing each other with shirk because this will never help guide anyone. We rather should spread knowledge with authentic evidence using very good and gentle words. Remember that this was the policy of all prophets.

Sister, when we can spread authentic knowledge about Islam, you will definitely enjoy being treated with the very high principles of Islam and you will definitely get rid of all your tiredness

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

When the Muslims were fighting Hulagu Khan and the Crusaders (two battles in two different places), what caused them some (major) problems was the deception of a famous Shi`i, whose name and person is so disgraceful that I can't remember it, but when I do hear it, i come near to vommiting. Anyway, such a devious individual he was, that he deliberately made it easy for the Mongals to enter Baghdad (I think it was). After the Mongals massacered the people in totality, they alhamdulillah, killed the traitor to, giving him one of their infamous carpet deaths (1. throwing heaps of rugs over the suspect till suffocation. 2. wrapping the suspect in a carpet and kicking him to death).

Brother, we all know that treason can not be attributed or confined to a certain sect. Traitors can be found at any place, they do not belong to a certain sect. Allah sobhanahu wa t'ala enjoined us to call people to his way by wisdom and good preaching. Accusing each other will never help achieve our great and holy goal of unity under the pure banner of Qur'an and Sunnah.

Instead of lashing ourselves, we rather should concentrate on spreading authentic knowledge about our Deen and our A'qeedah. We have to spread that knowledge using wisdom and good words. " 159 It is part of the Mercy of Allah that thou dost deal gently with them Wert thou severe or harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about thee:" 3-159

Our unity is an urgent necessity, not only to be able to defend ourselves and achieve progress, but also because it is an order from Allah sobhanahu wa t'ala. Allah prohibited division among us.
Division is a big sin. The only way to repent from that sin is to spread authentic sunnah among all Muslims using the most beautiful preaching to be able to gather hearts around the truth again.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member

Brother, we all know that treason can not be attributed or confined to a certain sect. Traitors can be found at any place, they do not belong to a certain sect. Allah sobhanahu wa t'ala enjoined us to call people to his way by wisdom and good preaching. Accusing each other will never help achieve our great and holy goal of unity under the pure banner of Qur'an and Sunnah.

Instead of lashing ourselves, we rather should concentrate on spreading authentic knowledge about our Deen and our A'qeedah. We have to spread that knowledge using wisdom and good words. " 159 It is part of the Mercy of Allah that thou dost deal gently with them Wert thou severe or harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about thee:" 3-159

Our unity is an urgent necessity, not only to be able to defend ourselves and achieve progress, but also because it is an order from Allah sobhanahu wa t'ala. Allah prohibited division among us.
Division is a big sin. The only way to repent from that sin is to spread authentic sunnah among all Muslims using the most beautiful preaching to be able to gather hearts around the truth again.

Jazaakillaah khayr.

My purpose of citing it was to demonstrate the reality. Traitors can from anywhere, I mean in the time of the Messenger sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasalla, specifically while in Madinah they had the fitnah of the munaafiqoon.

And through the study of history as I said, man can benefit by deriving lessons to learn from. And although our aim is to propagate and spread the authentic creed of the deen, we cannot do this except without making clear that which opposes it.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
That is good question. On Friday during my volunteering at the hospital i was talking about with an Iran Old Man who is a volunteer too. I asked him about the Iran people religion mainly and about different religion there. He kept talking about how Muslim there were divided simple over small things. He said that they were divided over what leader came after the prophet peace be him Ali or Albaker. I honest don't know what to take this for i mean you are a Muslim right? so what is why divid ourself. It is sad but inshallah our younger youth will be the leader of Islam.