Why do Muslims say"Alhamdulillah" when we sneeze?

binte muslimah

Why do Muslims say"Alhamdulillah"
when we sneeze?
Because for that moment of the sneeze all your bodily functions stop even your
heart. When the sneeze is over and all bodily functions are restored we are grateful and praise ALLAH for returning all back to us again. SUBHAN ALLAH

Share It . if someone acts on any of this information, you will be benefited too IN SHAA ALLAH.JAZAKALLAH KHAIR

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
Thank you sister,...and if there happens to be some other person(muslim will know this) He or she should Return with "Ya Rahmakuka Lllah"

Mairo

Maryama
Wow - I have never heard this before! Thanks for sharing - I will never sneeze again without thinking of this :)

kalamazoo

Thank you sister,...and if there happens to be some other person(muslim will know this) He or she should Return with "Ya Rahmamuka Lllah"

Wow - I have never heard this before! Thanks for sharing - I will never sneeze again without thinking of this :)

In a matter of fact it should be like this

a) when a Muslim sneezes....proclaims......
AlhamduLilaah

b) another Muslim near by Replies ...

Ya Rahmukka Lllah.

c) the one who sneezed...utters....YAhdiikum Lllah

But.....IF

even the sneezer as a Muslim then did not proclaim as AlhamduLilaah
it is NOT necessary to say anything..Why...
because he/she didn't proclaim as Alhamd Li Laaah

Mairo

Maryama
In a matter of fact it should be like this

Ya Rahmukka Lllah.

c) the one who sneezed...utters....YAhdiikum Lllah

:salam2: brother - can you explain the translation in English what the above means? I am not familiar with those expressions.

Marina28

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Allah likes the act of sneezing and dislikes the act of yawning, so if any one of you sneezes and praises Allah (says “al-hamdu Lillaah”), it is a duty on every Muslim who hears him to say to him, “Yarhamuk Allah (may Allaah have mercy on you).” As for yawning, it is from the Shaytaan, so if any of you feels the urge to yawn, he should suppress it as much as he can, for when any one of you yawns, the Shaytaan laughs at him.” (Bukhaari, 10/505)

Marina28

ur welcome sister :) i didnt know bout the yawning until couple weeks ago but someone pushed me in the right direction so im glad to do the same :)

Idris16

The moderators should look into this thread... I always thought we say alhamdulillah because when you sneeze you can stay awake, while yawning it means you are tired and need to get some sleep.

kalamazoo

The moderators should look into this thread... I always thought we say alhamdulillah because when you sneeze you can stay awake, while yawning it means you are tired and need to get some sleep.

my dear brother;

i think your point differs to replies-and wished to emphasize the real meaning i don't see any reason for mods(though they have the right)

if my thinking is right to you...then Yes....Yawing is just because one is tired and you know needs rests
and about sneezing......
Allah and His Messenger knows best
but in a matter of fact this is all part of Ibadat
and even the wordings are perfectly knitted.

(To this point is what i am always looking from members We Should have different of opinions and to accept or Not that is another matter)

yet great care should be taken NOT to fall into ........quarreling as our enemy Iblis is here and you know as well as i

thanks.

Ershad

Assalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

This is another example where you try to find scientific explanation for Worship and it goes wrong. The heart does not stop when you sneeze. It just changes the rhythm of beating.

A sneeze begins with a tickling sensation in the nerve endings that sends a message to your brain that it needs to rid itself of something irritating the lining of your nose. You first take a deep breath and hold it, which tightens your chest muscles. The pressure of air in your lungs increases, you close your eyes, your tongue presses against the roof of your mouth and suddenly your breath comes out fast through your nose.

So where did the myth originate that your heart stops when you sneeze? The changing pressure in your chest due to sneezing also changes your blood flow, which may change the rhythm of your heartbeat. Dr. Richard Conti, past president of the American College of Cardiology, speculates that the belief that the heart actually comes to a stop during a sneeze could result from the sensation of having the heart "skip a beat." When there is a prolonged delay before the heart's next beat, he said, that beat is then more forceful and more noticeable, perhaps as a funny sensation in the throat or upper chest (Ray, 1992).

Source:
http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/sneeze.html