Why do Sun Tans or Tans look more attractive than pale fair or white skin in your opi

truthseeker63

Why do Sun Tans or Tans look more attractive than pale fair or white skin in your opinion or your view thank you in my opinion darker skin looks better than pale skin because it shows you go outside with nature and are with the beauty of nature while pale people stay indoors and watch tv all day does anyone agree with me ?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It is that simple. Allah gave us variety. Some people like apples some like oranges and some like tomatoes. And some like me love it all..which of the wonders can we deny.

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

I am very fair and plan to remain that way. Tanning causes damage to skin and later result in cancer. I spend plenty of time outside but always wear sunscreen because otherwise I will burn. Sun exposure also prematurely ages the skin so in the end it's not a sign of health.

JenGiove

while pale people stay indoors and watch tv all day does anyone agree with me ?

I found this comment quite insulting. It also lacks logic. I am fair skinned yet spend the majority of my time outside. I couldn't get a sun tan if I tried...the only way for me to have ANY color is if my freckles connect. And what about those who have photo sensitivity? What about people who have Albinism? What about people with COPD? What about people who live in areas that have little light? Your logic is flawed, rude and judgemental. The statement makes assumptions about a person's charecture based simply on how a person looks.

..and what about the Muslim woman who wears Niqab? She too would be lighter skinned because she covers herself. What about the men, who wear islamicly appropriate clothing? They too would be lighter skinned.

Skin color is a matter of the amount of melanin your body has, not an indication as to wether or not you stay inside and watch tv all day! To quote wikipedia:

"Tanning is the skin cell's way of indicating that it has been damaged. Overtime, cumulative exposure can result in increased risk for skin cancer and skin damage."

I thought that it was Allah's command NOT to cause harm to oneself...I would advise you stop looking at the outer shell of a person and focus more on your inner shell...

..but who am I am tell a Muslim what to do...

truthseeker63

beautiful

I think fair pale or white skin can be beautiful I think White Women are beautiful but I think all colors of Women are beautiful.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Still at 1800´s pale skin were more respected (even in the western societies) because it told that person was rich - so he/she didn´t have to make work outside. Today it seems to be opposite.

tazb

It just a lot more healthier looking and when a girl is pale its actually looks like she gets no sun in her life.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

For the fear of Allah can we stop this rubbish.

We are making comparisons of the favors of Allah.

If you have a preference for a particular color in a woman there is no harm but do not compare the color of one as being better in any way than another.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I can literally feel the temperature rising.

Regarding brother truthseeker63, please remember that it is a perfectly innocent assumption being made by an innocent person. I can imagine even children asking similar questions and that's all part of their innocence. I advise keeping that in mind.

To those who believe that looking pale equates looking sickly or homely, the basic idea is all about the melanin in a person's skin pigmentation. Sometimes, people don't tan no matter how much they go out and sometimes people have a darker skin tone despite the fact that they may never go out. I understand the assumption that those with tanner skin tones must go out more but that isn't necessarily true based on the previously mentioned statement. As for those who sit around watching tv all day, I figure that what you're trying to say is that pale people must not leave their houses as much because if they did there would be color in them? Not necessarily. Yes, sometimes when individuals are sickly, they stay indoors and their pallor is somewhat pale but that can do with the sickness they have and not so much their time spent indoors.

It's important to avoid making assumptions as doing so can sometimes hurt another person's feelings. Plus when a person makes assumptions, they then end up responding or behaving according to that assumption which may not necessarily be true. A little research is necessary that's all :).

Brother, we can also agree on the fact that beauty comes in different shapes, sizes, and colors. There's no one definition of beauty as all humans are not the same and as a result we have different thoughts and feelings. What one person may consider beautiful, another may consider not so beautiful. What one person may consider not so beautiful, another may consider beautiful. You can learn about this by researching all the different cultures in the world and you'll see just how vast the definitions of beauty goes.

But in the end, all that matters is that people are comfortable and healthy in their own skins. And you'll see that that's what ends up making a person more beautiful than anything else :)

Please feel free to ask whatever questions you feel are necessary to furthering your knowledge of Islam, but making assumptions may not be the best way. Research can be the key sometimes.

JenGiove

I can't help but think about the rainbow. ROYGBIV..Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet. Without one color, the true beauty is lacking.

Only Creator is the true Beholder of beauty and I can not imagine that he looks at a person's skin to judge whether or not a person has spent time outside enjoying the pleasures of his creations.

a_stranger

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated: Messenger of Allah salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam said, "Allah does not look at your figures, nor at your attire but He looks at your hearts and accomplishments".
[Muslim].

hijabi_sis

Aslaamealykum warahamtulah wabarakatuhu

the tone of our skin should never matter, even Allah the Lord of the heavens and the Earth does not judge us based up on our physical appearance.... He looks deeper in to our hearts SubhanAllah....

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Brother truthseeker63, please don't feel bad. You're here to learn and we're here to help. It's probably best to stick to Islam-related questions though since this IS a forum about Islam :)

aisha16

Brother truthseeker63, please don't feel bad. You're here to learn and we're here to help. It's probably best to stick to Islam-related questions though since this IS a forum about Islam :)

I second that...there's lots of beef on this site as is on..even on Islamic related topics and if you bring up other things....well...that's trouble....