Why does Islam appear difficult?

muslim56

Human Being
:salam2:
Most people think Islam is a tough religion. So I made this forum to tackle these issues.

May Allah(swt) make it prosper and a source of benefit.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
I think that Islam can appear tough because Islam calls us to be obedient and our nafs call and beg us to do the opposite. I feel that the closer that I become more serious with my deen, the more repulsed I become with acts that displease Allah SWT.

Perseveranze

It's actually easy and understands human nature best, for example -

-The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, "I stand in prayer and would like to make it long but I hear the crying of a child and shorten my prayer not wanting to make things difficult for its mother." [Sahih Bukhari]

- In fasting, if your ill/unable to fast, then Islam says don't.

etc.

The only people that would find it difficult are those that need to temporarily adjust. Like reverts, it might be hard at first, for them to let go of pork/alcohol etc. But after a while, Alhamdulillah, Allah makes it easier for them.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Islam appears to be difficult because we need help all the time. Islam is not static and as the issues of life come to us we have to make decisions. We are in the process of moving towards Allah at all times. We encounter difficulties depending on where we are on the Path at certain times.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

People like to slip through smooth inclined plane. It is so easy to slip down. But we Muslims are desired to climb up to the top of inclined plane,just reciprocal pathway. The course is tough but destination is best in absolute sense. There runs a parallel enthusiasm while this reciprocal journey and it makes journey so easy.

Many times I wonder for Ex-Muslims like,Nonie Darwish and Wafa Sultan. Their lusts let them to choose the way down through inclined plane. But they forgot to realize that at the end of slope there is abrupt end of journey with possible injury. Contrarily the end at the top of slope is flat and smooth. It is paradise.

And paradise won't be feed by spoon,it is a post-struggle reward.

Regards.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I came across this gem:

" The affair of the believer is really wonderful. All his affairs are good: when he is touched by ease and affluence, he is thankful, and that is good for him; and when he touched by by suffering he is patient, and that is good for him. And this is only for the Believer."

These are the words of the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, as reported by Muslim.
Useful Ways of Leading A Happy Life by Shaikh Abdurrahaman Bin Nasir Al-Siidy

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Assalamu Alaikum:

People like to slip through smooth inclined plane. It is so easy to slip down. But we Muslims are desired to climb up to the top of inclined plane,just reciprocal pathway. The course is tough but destination is best in absolute sense. There runs a parallel enthusiasm while this reciprocal journey and it makes journey so easy.

Many times I wonder for Ex-Muslims like,Nonie Darwish and Wafa Sultan. Their lusts let them to choose the way down through inclined plane. But they forgot to realize that at the end of slope there is abrupt end of journey with possible injury. Contrarily the end at the top of slope is flat and smooth. It is paradise.

And paradise won't be feed by spoon,it is a post-struggle reward.

Regards.
Salam aleikum,

Good answer, it is very true, thank you, it is so so easy to sleep down....may Allah guide us all, ameen :tti_sister::tti_sister:

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

Wallah.. I was thinking about this particular issue for many many months....

Alhamdulillah , with the help of Allah here comes a thread with many analogies Summa Alhamdulillah....

I n my point of view.....
Islam appears to be some thing so rough due to many different circumstances... The backgrounds may change.. But the stories are having the same theme without doubts....

From my life, my culture, my life style and my country's atmosphere, Many local Muslims including me, are feeling that "Islam is so hard to practice", because ; from the childhood we are being raised with the philosophies and ideas which convey the wrong definitions to the word "Success"

Those analogies or ideas are basically preaching the definitions beyond the borders of Islam..... so people + elders + leaders of the society who have got no basic knowledge of Islam, are direction the nation towards some thing strange.......
Basically most of the people think that this world is every thing and any thing....but at the same time they say that they believe in Akhira... yet in reality, the picture of the Akhira is existing on their hearts as nothing more than a fairy tale.................

This is the reality applicable in my country about on 87% of the Muslim Nation....
We all say that we are Muslims, but every individual's histories are having the beautiful pages of Islam on the later pages..... Hasbiyallah.... we all are too late to learn Islam......

Even after knowing the Haq.... we feel hard to practice Islam 'coz we have the free will always...
we our selves can choose whatever we like, we have to do a Jihad with our own souls... till we control our selves from falling into the digs, we are supposed to work hard..... and some times the methodologies of approaching the Islamic peace may sound "Out dated" to this world... and some times the world starts laughing at our ways, our styles and our choices... so may be this cause us feel that Islam is so hard to practice...

But no worries..... Our beloved prophet (PBUH) has left us with a nice analogy... in fact i guess this hadeeth is sufficient to make this thread most beautiful with a wise wisdom Insha Allah.....

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The world is a prison-house for a believer and Paradise for a non-believer. [Sahih Muslim Book 42, Chapter 1, Number 7058 ]

Allah knows the Best...

May Allah Azzawajal make our ways easy for us and may He forgive allof us and May he let us enter Jannah Aameen...

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Dear brother, as Muslims we know that actualy Islam is easy and the most easy religion to follow Alhamdulilah, because if we think well we realise that everything that Allah has commended us to do is for our own good and that Islam is protecting our honour and our life on this World and Ahirah Inshallah.

But I think that the most hard is because we as Muslims do not follow enough Islam and life for one Muslim in non Islamic society is so hard Wallahi. That is how if sister is wearing hijaab and noone of her close relative or family members is wearing Hijab, pray salah, go in Masjid, it may be so hard for this sister, because our own relative members may judge us for wearing Hijab and practsing Islam, although our relatives are also Muslims. And Wallahi this is hurting me the most, when we recive wrong words, looks and comments of our own relative members,especialy because they are also Muslims. I feel less hurted when I recive look for wearing Hijab from non Muslims, but it is hurting me when I recive strange looks from my relatives. But Alhamdulillah I know that it is like this situacion in all Muslim countries and that Muslims are passing trough hardships everywhere, but we must have sabr and faith in Allah, InshAllah.

I also think that problem is because today there is so many diffrent sects in our Deen Islam Astagfirullah, and many Muslims went astray from the right path of Islam and are following the wrong Islam. And this is aslo one of the problems for us Muslims, as I can feel that sometimes non Muslims are not making hardships for us in practsing Islam, but that we as Muslims are making the most hardships and that we are making Islam as tough religion.

It is aslo very sad when some Muslims do not fear Allah when they are saying and are making wrong conlusions that if brother is wearing a beard and pants above ankle( or even if does not have a beard but is practising Islam) and if sister suddently start wearing hijab or niqab are Wahabbis or are considered to belong to some sect in Islam, Astagfirullah. They are considered everything except Muslims, Astagfirullah.

But Inshallah this kind of Muslims will respond to Allah for their deeds on Day of Judgment.

May Allah guide and protect our Muslim Ummah and increase our knowledge so that we can help our Muslim Ummah and teach other to the right path of Islam. Ameen.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Most people think Islam is a tough religion. So I made this forum to tackle these issues.

May Allah(swt) make it prosper and a source of benefit.

~~~

Islam goes along with common sense .
Now,
who say common sense is difficult???
Remember!
life is short ,
so practice Islam accordingly :)

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims!

Have a nice day!
Take care,
~Wassalam :)

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I had that feelings when first reverted. Can I pray 5 times a day? Can I fast in Ramadan for 30 days? Can do this and that... etc... Actually later I find out it is not Islam is difficult the Muslims appeared to be making Islam looks so rigid and difficult.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

I'll just make it short and simple though the answer to your question can be one/two pages long.

Islaam appears difficult because it is a constant battle between our nafs (whims and desires) to do that which the bad heart desires and our good heart to please Allaah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala. Our nafs wants more rest, wants everything to be easily achieve, wants comforts. But Islaam teaches that in order to achieve something very precious, you must work hard for it. A Muslim shouldn't always be resting or letting oneself to be idle because there are *so many things* in a Muslim life to do with *so little time*.

Time:

"By time,

Indeed, mankind is in loss,

Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience."
[Al-A'sr, 103:1-3]

Those who have believed, those who have done righteous deeds and those who advised one another to the truth and patience. Now that is not something small to do isn't it? If we are able to fulfill all of the responsibilities upon us [duniyawi & ukhraawi], we'd feel like the 24 hrs given to us are not enough.

As much difficulties and struggles that a Muslim go through in life, we are aware that our real life isn't in this world. We are only in a journey in this temporary world for an eternal life: The Aakhiraah.

And to be able to arrive to our final destination, the journey is made hard because the reward in the end is a bliss that can never be described by words, a bliss that never cross the mind of a human, never heard, seen and felt by any human on earth; which is. . . Jannaah.

When one feels low throughout the day; low in terms of faith, try to remember the *very* difficult life The Messenger of Allaah had gone through. He :saw2: was the most beloved human being by Allaah, even the Angel asked him :saw2: that if he wishes the mountain to be fell upon the people of Thaif, the angel will do so. But no, he :saw2: remained in his difficulties, he :saw2: never felt full when he eats during his entire life. He has led a very hard life being opposed by his own people [the Mushrikeen] but in the end, Muhammad :saw2: would be the one waiting for his strong, struggling Ummaah in Jannah. MashaAllaah. Let your heart cries everytime reading about the Seerah.

Ponder over this ayaat:

"And strive for Allah with the striving due to Him. He has chosen you and has not placed upon you in the religion any difficulty. [It is] the religion of your father, Abraham. Allah named you "Muslims" before [in former scriptures] and in this [revelation] that the Messenger may be a witness over you and you may be witnesses over the people. So establish prayer and give zakah and hold fast to Allah . He is your protector; and excellent is the protector, and excellent is the helper." [Al-Hajj, 22:78]

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

just one sentence to say:

if a person keeps Allah and Last Day first...Islam will not appear so hard but if a person keep this world and people first....Islam will appear tough.