Why is haram to have a girlfriend or a boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

island muslim

*removed*

Salaam alaiykum akhi,

The hereafter is better than this dunya; PLEASE don't give up the hereafter akhi insha allah

In the end we all answer to ALLAH(swt) and one will NOT bear the sins of the other.

Please brother think of the hereafter.
May ALLAH(swt) keep you steadfast upon the deen ul HAQ ameen

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Waseem Hanif chap, Shape up or ship out....

Becuase we don't have time for this. This is getting off topic. It began as a question to gain knowlege and ended in putting down others. If you are serious, then May Allah help you, and if you are joking, then that is not the case.

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Woe to the one who speaks and lies in order to make people laugh; woe to him, woe to him.”
Narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi and al-Nasaa’i with a jayyid isnaad.

This is called slandering and is an injustice to yourself and everyone else concerned.

Regardless of your own feelings, you have no right to judge GlobalPeace! Wallahi, he is my brother in Islam, and I have not heard anything bad of him. I will defend his name and his honor, as Allah knows best what was in his past, and Allah knows his sincerity, his repentance, and I have nothing more to say after that.

Nobody else should have anything to say after that... I am ashamed to be here right now... Have we forgotten these ahadeeth?

From Abu'l-Darda' (RA): The Messenger of Allah (SAAS) said: "Whoever defends the honour of his brother, this will be a protection for him from the Fire." [Al-Khara'iti, Makarim al-Akhlaq; Ibn 'Asakir. There is nothing wrong with its Isnad as there is corroborating evidence. See Ghayah al-Maram (below Hadith No. 431).]

From Asma' bint Yazid (RA), who said: The Prophet (SAAS) said: "Whoever defends his brother's honour in his absence, will be entitled to Allah's protection from the Fire." [Ahmad et al. It is Sahih because of corroborating and similar reports. See Ghayah al-Maram (431).]

The Prophet (SAAS) said: "Whoever defends his brother's honour, Allah will protect his face from the Fire of the Day of Resurrection."[Narrated and classed as Hasan by al-Tirmidhi. Classed as Hasan by al-Albani, Ghayah al-Maram (below Hadith 431).]

From Mu'adh ibn Anas al-Juhani: The Prophet (SAAS) said: "Whoever protects a Muslim from a hypocrite, (probably he said:) Allah will send an angel to protect his flesh from the Fire of Hell; and whoever accuses a Muslim of something, seeking to disgrace him, Allah will detain him on the bridge of Hell until he has been fully punished for what he said." [Abu Dawud: Sahih Sunan Ab iDawud (4086); Ibn Abi Dunya. See also al-Albani, Sahih al-Targhib wa'l-Tarhib.]

Prophet, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, explained:

"There are three sins, whoever dies free of these sins will be forgiven for anything else if Allah wills: associating anything with Allah; practicing magic or witchcraft; and bearing resentment towards his brother." (Reported by al-Bukhari in Adab al-Mufrad)

The below is from an article I read a while ago. Subhan'allah it's a bit different than what i'm used to, but i Hope it gets the message across about "sinning today and repenting tomorrow". Because there is no such thing. Can you say when you will die? Can you say it won't be while you're getting drunk, or driving back? No you can't. Can you say that your repentance was sincere, when you clearly planned to sin before hand? Can you stand before your Lord on the Day of Judgement, with the scrolls in your hand chronicling every move you made and say that you did what you wanted because you felt like it, even though it was Haram?

::: Do you not fear the moment when you will stand before your Lord? There will be no screen between Him and you, nor an interpreter to translate for you. And your Creator will question you. You will find nothing to your left nor to your right but the blazing Fire of Hell. Do what the Prophet of Allah advised you, if you truly fear Allah:

"…So let each of you protect himself against Hell-Fire, be it even with half a date - and if he finds not, then with a kind word."

You are the servant, He is the Master. Prayers come from you, answers come from Him. Abstinence comes from you, protection comes from Him. Repentance comes from you, acceptance comes from Him. Go towards him walking, He will come to you running.

Make your deeds pure for His sake alone, and He will extend His mercy to you. Upload His religion, and He will extend His bounty to you. Follow the Sunnah of His beloved, and He will extend His love to you.

Look forward to your meeting with Allah. It will be very soon. Sooner than you can imagine! Make preparations for this meeting. Get rid of the love of this world from your heart; free it from everything other than the Lord of Truth. Do not buy the world and pay with the hereafter as a price. Do not sell the hereafter to acquire this world.

"…Shall We tell you who are the greatest losers in whatever they may do? Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought they were acquiring good by their deeds…" [18:103-104]

The Most Wise did not create you to gratify your base desires and passions, nor did He create you for fun, amusement, eating, drinking, sleeping, or having sex!

"I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me." [51:56]

But you are so heedless as if you have drunk the elixir of immortality. You think that the Angel of Death will never squeeze your soul out of your body? You have forgotten that you will pass through the Siraat with the intense Fire of Hell underneath you. You are unaware of the thrashing that awaits you in your grave by the angels of Allah. Hot stones of Jahannam for you to walk on, herbage bitter than aloes, foul putrid meat to eat, your lips to be cut by coarse scissors, getting trampled under the feet of the people of Pharaoh, screaming with your mouths wide open while the hot coals that you devoured come out of your anuses, cutting your own flesh from the sides to eat it, scratching your chests and faces with brass nails - all this awaits you if you do not pay the zakah, if you fornicate, devour usury, slander others, backbite, or malign people's honor.

This is just the grave, Hell is yet to come!

"…the punishment of the Hereafter is greater, if they but knew." [68:33] :::

The Messenger, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, mentioned all the sins that will lead one to Hell. Muslim reports from `Iyaad ibn Himaar that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said, during a lengthy khutbah:

"…The people of Hell are five: the weak who lack the power to (avoid evil); the (carefree) who pursue (everything irrespective of wheher it is good or evil) and who have no concern for their families and their wealth; the dishonest people whose greed cannot be cocealed even in the case of minor things; and those who betray you, morning and evening, with regard to your family and your property. He also mentioned misers, liars, and those who are in the habit of abusing people and using obscene, foul language." [Muslim, 4/1297, no. 2865]

May Allah save us from the Hellfire! Some people say we Muslims are not strong, and that we will never have an Islamic State. How can we may I ask? If our Adab is not of a Muslim? How can we, IF we do not know our rights to our Muslim brothers first? How can we come together and unite if we don't look back at the Quraan an Sunnah as our Guides and take our examples from the righteous?

We've all sinned. It's in the blood of the children of Adam, but the best of those are those who repent, and Allah loves the repenters.

"Everyone of the tribe of Adam sins. And the best of the sinners are the ones who (constantly) make repentance." Surat-ul-Ana'aam [3:153].

So we cannot ever think ourselves better for not having committed a sin, and so we shouldn't judge others based on our own corrupted standards.

Masha'allah this is also very beautiful. I realize I'm over loading this with a lot of information, but insha'allah... it will help us all in bettering ourselves and becoming stronger Muslims.

Al-Muzni who is Aboo lbraaheem Isma`eel ibn Yahya said:

"I entered upon ash-Shaafi'ee during his illness which resulted in his death, so I said to him: 'What is your condition?' He replied: "I am journeying from this world, and departing from my brothers, drinking from the cup of death, and upon Allaah - Exalted is His remembrance - arriving. And no! By Allaah, I do not know if my soul is travelling towards Paradise or the Fire!" Then he started to weep, and he said:

'In You, the Creator, I raise my longing, And even if I am, O possessor of kindness and generosity, an evildoer, a criminal,

When my heart became constricted and my paths became narrow,

I took my hope in Your pardon and forgiveness as an opening and an escape,

My sins seemed very great to me but when I compared them to Your forgiveness,

I found Your forgiveness to be greater,

You are and still remain the only One who can forgive sins,

You grant and forgive out of Your benevolence and generosity,

Perhaps the One who is the source of all goodness will forgive and overlook my mistakes,

And will hide the sins and burden that I accumulated,

My sins seemed very great to me, so I turned (to You) in humility,

Were it not for my contentment in you, I wouldn't, O my Lord, have seen any comfort at all,

So if You forgive me, You would have forgiven a sinner, A rebellious, oppressive tyrant still sinning,

So my crime is very great, past and present, But Your forgiveness that embraces Your servant is greater and higher,

So whomsoever holds fast to Allaah is truly saved from mankind, And whomsoever's hopes are in Him, will be far removed from any regrets.'

In translating these lines of poetry I have exercised a certain degree of freedom in order to preserve the emotive content as well as making it readable in the English language. [Translator Note]

Jazakallah Khayr to all who gave/tried to give information and help. May Allah reward you all. Let's stick to the topic from now shall we?

Thread closed. :)

wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.